PDA

View Full Version : signatures...

JazmenFlowers
05-31-2007, 08:46 AM
is something up with signatures? I just changed mine, but it didn't change in all my past posts, just the posts I made since I changed the signature. is this something new?

kathy1
05-31-2007, 08:53 AM
how do you add signatures?

JazmenFlowers
05-31-2007, 08:58 AM
how do you add signatures?
go up to the menu and select "Quick Links" and under that there's an "Edit Signatures"

there'll be a box that you can paste codes if you want a picture or just type in the text you want

danax6
05-31-2007, 09:03 AM
I just changed mine also, but it got changed in all my previous posts. :shrug: They probably just hate you. :D

JazmenFlowers
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
They probably just hate you. :D
that's pretty much what I thought too. :lol:

goldustsongbird
05-31-2007, 05:42 PM
^ It's because you're one of teh prettiez, Jaz.

It's always harder for us :distress:

JazmenFlowers
06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
^ It's because you're one of teh prettiez, Jaz.

It's always harder for us :distress:
damn these almond eyes, full lips and sharp cheekbones..damn them!

kathy1
06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
where can you go to get the signatures?

JazmenFlowers
06-04-2007, 03:29 PM
where can you go to get the signatures?
you mean like the pictures and things we all have?

you have to make them or have someone make them. or you can steal them, but I wouldn't advise that. :laugh: normally, people take a picture or collection of pictures they like and Photoshop them to hell and back to achieve a certain look. some add text or lyrics or whatever. it's all in the imagination. if you want, I will make you one. I've made them for others before. just give me a picture or 2 that you like and an overall idea of what you want.

right now, I'm just using my last.fm chart as my signature. it's one I made though.

AgeOldDesire
07-01-2007, 03:29 PM
In my user CP there is a size limit of 500x100 or something like that. Yet, I see other sigs much larger than this. I tried searching the FAQ; but found nothing about this. Do I have to wait a certain time or make a certain amount of posts before I can add a larger sig pic?

Thanks.

Chrislit18
07-01-2007, 08:30 PM
you dont have to make a certain number of posts :)
al lyou have to do, is instead of using 'sig pic' and putting your pic in there, you use a image hosting site-i use photobucket. its free. and upload the pic into there, and then theres links-you want the html link, and you copy it, and paste it into the 'edit sig'/'your sig' box in the user CP. it doesnt do anything to the size of it, and you can put txt in the box too. i hope that helps you out :D :nod:

AgeOldDesire
07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
you dont have to make a certain number of posts :)
al lyou have to do, is instead of using 'sig pic' and putting your pic in there, you use a image hosting site-i use photobucket. its free. and upload the pic into there, and then theres links-you want the html link, and you copy it, and paste it into the 'edit sig'/'your sig' box in the user CP. it doesnt do anything to the size of it, and you can put txt in the box too. i hope that helps you out :D :nod:

Thanks for your help! I was using the wrong code. I'm such a tard. :laugh:

BarbJRose@aol.c
07-01-2007, 11:39 PM
I cannot add a sig. I had one, and went to change it about two days ago, and Now I cannot make one at all, by either uploading or using HTML.
What can I do to fix it???

Chrislit18
07-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks for your help! I was using the wrong code. I'm such a tard. :laugh:

:D its ok. I couldnt figure it out at first either :nod:

BarbJRose, I am sorry I cannot help you with that, maybe one of our more knowing and farmiliar with the site Ledgies could help you with that :)

AgeOldDesire
07-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I cannot add a sig. I had one, and went to change it about two days ago, and Now I cannot make one at all, by either uploading or using HTML.
What can I do to fix it???

Are you sure you haven't been banned, Barbara? :lol:

I'm not familiar enough with The Ledge yet, so I can't help much.

BarbJRose@aol.c
07-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Are you sure you haven't been banned, Barbara? :lol:

I'm not familiar enough with The Ledge yet, so I can't help much.

No, when I get banned, the Moderator uploads the banner to a scumbag copy cat website on my posts, in a pathetic attempt for the creature to scrounge up some orders.... so I can't be banned ;)
But I still cannot figure it out....
Anyone?
When I click on "save" it just sits there, and I tried different browsers, etc...

AgeOldDesire
07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
No, when I get banned, the Moderator uploads the banner to a scumbag copy cat website on my posts, in a pathetic attempt for the creature to scrounge up some orders.... so I can't be banned ;)
But I still cannot figure it out....
Anyone?
When I click on "save" it just sits there, and I tried different browsers, etc...

Have you tried deleting your temporary internet files? Then try to upload a sig pic again? Sometimes corrupt page code can hang around until you delete the page from the TIF section. Just a thought. Good luck.

BarbJRose@aol.c
07-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Have you tried deleting your temporary internet files? Then try to upload a sig pic again? Sometimes corrupt page code can hang around until you delete the page from the TIF section. Just a thought. Good luck.

What is the "TIF" section?
I cleared my cache/internet cookies, that didn't work...
Darn Darn Darn....LOL...Help me someone...

Johnny Stew
07-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Barbara... I posted this in Jason's thread, but I wanted to post it here as well. I've fixed your signature -- the picture wasn't showing up because you were missing the second quotation mark at the end of the URL in your HTML code.

Sorry it took me so long.