PDA

View Full Version : Help with dBpoweramp and Codec's...

TheWILDheart
05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
OK so I am almost there with this converting thingy. I know how to do it now except...it won't convert. When I try to convert I get this error message:

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Azureus Downloads\STEVIE_NICKS_10_20_89_MOUNTAIN_VIEW_CA\Oct.20,1989-Mountain View, CA-Shoreline Amphitheatre-Upgraded! Disc 1\1Stevie Nicks - 1.Outside the Rain.shn' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Azureus Downloads\STEVIE_NICKS_10_20_89_MOUNTAIN_VIEW_CA\Oct.20,1989-Mountain View, CA-Shoreline Amphitheatre-Upgraded! Disc 1\1Stevie Nicks - 1.Outside the Rain.wav'
Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.shn', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

Any idea's about how to rectify this?

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this so far.

All the best,
Chris

danax6
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
They're not FLAC files after all, they're SHN files.

You need this plugin:

http://www.etree.org/shnamp.html

TheWILDheart
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
They're not FLAC files after all, they're SHN files.

You need this plugin:

http://www.etree.org/shnamp.html

ahhhh ok. So how do I convert them? I've tried the whole right-click/convert thing and it STILL isn't working. AAAAAAA all this is confusing.

TheWILDheart
05-23-2007, 06:24 PM
....anyone?.......

......*tumbleweed*.........

seeker007nmss
05-23-2007, 09:53 PM
....anyone?.......

......*tumbleweed*.........

I just figured out how the mouse works, so I am not much help. :shrug:

gldstwmn
05-24-2007, 01:18 AM
dbpoweramp should rip shn files. I haven't ripped any shn files in a while but last time I did< iwas able to do it on dbpoweramp.

TheWILDheart
05-26-2007, 11:07 AM
dbpoweramp should rip shn files. I haven't ripped any shn files in a while but last time I did< iwas able to do it on dbpoweramp.

can you remember how?

DrummerDeanna
05-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Have ya tried googling it to see if there are instructions or something?

gldstwmn
05-27-2007, 02:40 AM
can you remember how?

Open dbpoweramp and go to the directory where the file is located. Open the file and highlight all of your .shn files holding down the control button while selecting them. Then the converter will pop up and there will be a drop down box. Select WAVE. Then just make sure your output is to the same as the original file location so you don't lose your newly ripped files. Then hit the convert button and you should be all set.