PDA

View Full Version : Any Debbie Harry/Blondie fans?

baboles
05-16-2007, 06:16 PM
So besides Stevie Nicks I am a huge fan of Debbie Harry and Blondie. Are there any other general fans on here?

ELIUD
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Yes, love her and them. Eat to the Beat is my favorite Blondie album.

ryan8472
05-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Big fan here. There's a lot here, in fact. :p :nod:

GODDESS6
05-16-2007, 06:36 PM
:wavey: LUV, LUV her/them!!!~

Michelle Daya
05-16-2007, 11:21 PM
count me in :wavey:

GarboSpeaks!
05-17-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm not a major collector of her or anything, but certainly a big fan. Saw her for the first time in 1990 I belive....or wait...man, need to check my concert "T" anyway, w/ the Ramones & Tom Tom Club. Good stuff. Met her twice, once w/ the Jazz Passangers & once on the No Exit signing circuit. I think I have seen her a total of 4 times. Not nearly enough. She's gorgeous. A beautiful person to meet, and an Icon to the history of music, and it's well being. I am REALLY hoping to see her w/ Lauper & Erasure this summer. Things are tight (thanks Stevie =0p) but that line up is surely not to be missed!

SuzeQuze
05-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes I saw Blondie last year, fourth row, and it was such an excellent show. I have a short clip I'll post later if I get a chance. They claimed this was their last tour. We've heard that from other artists before. Stevie should pull that BS next year and really rake it in. ;)

Richard B
05-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Debbie Harry is cool. Met her years ago in SF during her Def, Dumb & Blond Tour.

Have you heard her vocal on the Moby song 'New York, New York?' Outstanding. It's on Go: The Best of Moby CD, released last year.

TheWILDheart
05-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Yes, love her and them. Eat to the Beat is my favorite Blondie album.

Mine too. I love Blondie. Saw them live in 2005 and Debbie was just awesome. Someone in the audience yelled "YOU SEXY CHICK" and Debbie sort of looked all innocent and went "Sorry, what? Who?" and looked around behind her. It was ace. Love Eat To The Beat and Parrallel Lines. AutoAmerican was also pretty good. Not keen on The Hunter or No Exit but The Curse was pretty damn good.

littlewolf
05-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Yes, love them. Eat to the Beat is my favorite Blondie album.this bit is true for me.
I know as with FM´s Rumours with Blondie most attention centers round Parallel lines.I think it´s kinda pity as there´s a creative upturn with Blondie records,they shouldn´t be overshadowed.
I love all Blondie albums before the hunter.

never seen Blondie,but did see Debbie Harry live once with Chris in the band too.

mikeschmike
05-17-2007, 02:49 PM
How much do I love DH and Blondie? A whole lot, lemme tell ya.

I saw Blondie in 2002 and 2005, with both shows rocking my socks off. She may dance around like a crazy woman, but the live performances are killer. Maria live? Whew...:thumbsup:

I agree with the comparison of Parallel Lines and Rumours. Sure it's a great album but there is much more to be heard. Plastic Letters and No Exit are my favorites, with Eat to the Beat following a close third. Shayla=love.

As for Debbie's solo work I have Def Dumb and Blonde, Kuckoo, Rockbird (which always reminds me of Nightbird) and Debbie with the Jazz Passengers. Very good, but I have to say I like Debbie with her boys a lot better.

Sarah
05-17-2007, 03:02 PM
love her, love them.

i listen to blondie, plastic letters, and parallel lines the most, but atomic is probably my favorite track. it always has been, really.. and it's the most notorious song i put on repeat. i've listened to it for like, a solid hour (several different times probably) before, no lie. it just doesn't get old to me; it sounds perfect.

sheesh. talking about blondie makes me think of laura. i wish she was here to rub her extreme blondie fandom in all of our faces... she's the ultimate fan, i do believe.

GypsySorcerer
05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Love Blondie and Ms. Harry. Haven't seen much love for Autoamerican yet in this thread. It's one of my favorites from them. :xoxo:

baboles
05-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Love Blondie and Ms. Harry. Haven't seen much love for Autoamerican yet in this thread. It's one of my favorites from them. :xoxo:

Autoamerican is my favorite album! :) And Eat To The Beat is a close second. It's so nice to see that there are Blondie and Debbie fans on this forum. :)

foxyluva
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
"The Curse of Blondie" and "Eat to the Beat" are tied for my favourite Blondie albums. I also love Debbie's solo stuff, like "KooKoo" and "Def, Dumb & Blonde". I really want to hear "Rockbird" tho :(

DeadliestPoison
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I really want to hear "Rockbird" tho :(
I gots the hook-up, Michael.

I quite enjoy Blondie. My favorite album's either Plastic Letters or Curse. My favorite song's "Rules For Living," because that song is my junior year of high school in 5 minutes.

foxyluva
05-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I gots the hook-up, Michael.

I quite enjoy Blondie. My favorite album's either Plastic Letters or Curse. My favorite song's "Rules For Living," because that song is my junior year of high school in 5 minutes.

Cheers Greg ;)

I think "Rules for Living" is my favourite Blondie song also!

rbs3676
05-18-2007, 09:47 AM

LOVE that album!! LOVE IT!!!

I've seen Blondie many times over the years. Met Debbie twice - she was really sweet. Big fan! I, too, love EAT TO THE BEAT...

rbs

kathy1
05-21-2007, 12:28 PM
i love blondie but i have never saw them live. but i want to in the future.

Nicks Fan
05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
I love Blondie and Debbie Harry. I think my favorite album is Auto American or Parallell Lines. I love Heart of Glass, The Tide is High and Good Boys. Maria is pretty good also. I hope to see her this summer on the True Colours Tour.

Matt

Lee
05-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes, I like them. Got to see them once locally & they were really good. I was very close to the stage & got some pics. That woman can sing!

Lee :)