PDA

View Full Version : Storms Book by Carol Ann Harris

lbfan
05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Is it coincidental that LB will end his touring on June 30 and this book comes out on July1?

From Chicagoreviewpress
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.chicagoreviewpress.com/images/covers/1556526601.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.chicagoreviewpress.com/catalog/showBook.cfm%3FISBN%3D1556526601&h=269&w=179&sz=14&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=pPhcnmyO-n9tlM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=75&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlindsey%2Bbuckingham%2Bstorms%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Storms

My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac

Carol Ann Harris (Author)

A consummate insider as the girlfriend of Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist, Carol Ann Harris leads fans into the very heart of the band’s storms between 1976 and 1984. From interactions between the band and other stars—Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, and Dennis Wilson—to the chaotic animosity between band members, this memoir combines the sensational account of some of the world’s most famous musicians with a thrilling love story. Illustrated with never-before-seen photographs, the parties, fights, drug use, shenanigans, and sex lives of Fleetwood Mac are presented in intimate detail. With the exception of one brief interview, Carol Ann Harris has never before spoken about her time with Fleetwood Mac.

Extras:
Author Bio: Carol Ann Harris (Author)
Pub Date: Jul 01, 2007

tuigirl
05-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh rats!! He won't be able to sign the odd copy on tour now.
Bet he'd be sorry to miss those. ;)
(would have made a nice change from all those OOTC and GI, BN Cd's and LPs, he probabaly signs)

DavidMn
05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in what this money-grubbing HO has to say!:mad:

gretchen
05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I want to get it and read it just for curiostiy's sake.

Tee Dee
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I want to get it and read it just for curiostiy's sake.

I admit...I pre-ordered it from Amazon. (Inquiring minds want to know, and I am one of them.) :nod: Be it fact or fiction... :nod:

T.D.

Michelle Daya
05-16-2007, 11:00 PM
I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in what this money-grubbing HO has to say!:mad:

question. how do you know she's a money-grubbing HO? you know, i know, everyone knows i frickin love lb but what exactly has made her so hated? if i've missed something, please fill me in :shrug:

edited: john has said there are a lot of crazy stories that no one has ever revealed. could it be that's what she's doing?

DavidMn
05-17-2007, 01:24 AM
question. how do you know she's a money-grubbing HO? you know, i know, everyone knows i frickin love lb but what exactly has made her so hated? if i've missed something, please fill me in :shrug:

edited: john has said there are a lot of crazy stories that no one has ever revealed. could it be that's what she's doing?The ho part was a figure of speech I'll say that. But here is a person who is using SOMEONE ELSES fame for their own gain. I find that repulsive. Now haveing said that, it's just my opinion, and if other people find what she has to say interesting, so be it.:nod:

henryscutter
05-17-2007, 02:23 AM
Here is a review I found in Publishers Weekly. Looks like it is quite a page turner

Storms: My Life with Lindsay Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac
Carol Ann Harris. Chicago Review, $24.95 (400p) ISBN 978-1-55652-660-2

This is a fascinating if overlong look at the megasuccess of Fleetwood Mac in the mid-1970s, after the former British blues band recorded the laid-back rock songs of guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer Stevie Nicks that made the album Rumours one of the most popular of its era. While working at the band's recording studio, Harris, currently a music business costume designer, became Buckingham's girlfriend and constant companion from 1976 through 1984, and she gives a detailed look-more so than drummer and original member Mick Fleetwood's biography-at this already well-chronicled story of how the success of Rumours provided the income for extravagant cocaine-fueled excesses before, during and after performances. Harris too often uses clichés, such as her view of the band's "beautiful insanity." But she does candidly recount Buckingham's rage and his repeated physical assaults on her. Along the way, she offers great descriptions of the band's recording sessions, especially her account of Buckingham's desire to "create something new, something completely" different for Tusk, the more experimental (and less profitable) follow-up to Rumours. (July)

danax6
05-17-2007, 04:35 AM
But she does candidly recount Buckingham's rage and his repeated physical assaults on her. Lovely.

This book is going to suck. Poor Lindsey.

Kelly
05-17-2007, 06:32 AM
It will suck, as whatever she says will go down as fact in FM history. (among some fans) No one will look at her motivations. The fact she would even write a book about LB is lame but it is pretty obvious that the more smut and sex she includes, the better it will sell. Pathetic and I won't buy it.

SortaSavageLike
05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Lovely.

This book is going to suck. Poor Lindsey.

Lindsey never assaulted Carol. He was just spreading his intense genius in a manner more physically assertive than a stupid prole like Ms. Harris could ever understand. Duh. :rolleyes:

danax6
05-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Lindsey never assaulted Carol. He was just spreading his intense genius in a manner more physically assertive than a stupid prole like Ms. Harris could ever understand. Duh. :rolleyes:You do not want to get into a discussion with me about this, I promise you that.

Let Ms. Harris earn a few quick bucks and 15 minutes of fame. Whatever.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 08:27 AM
It will suck, as whatever she says will go down as fact in FM history. (among some fans) No one will look at her motivations. The fact she would even write a book about LB is lame but it is pretty obvious that the more smut and sex she includes, the better it will sell. Pathetic and I won't buy it.

She is not the only one to allege LB is violent :shrug: Moreover, if she were saying whollly untrue things, LB's people and, likely more so, La Nicks' people or FM's people (they are still a major money maker touring wise) would have stopped the publication of those lies. So, I think that while she may stretch it here and there, the book is based in truth.

In the end though, no one really gives a rat's a$$ in the big popular culture picture about LB. So, IMO, the less attention drawn to this book the better as it likely will sell poorly beased on LB's relative complete lack of significant relevance in the pop culture world.

As for her writing the book - they were her experiences and are a commodity. So, I do not fault her for that.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 08:28 AM
You do not want to get into a discussion with me about this, I promise you that.

Let Ms. Harris earn a few quick bucks and 15 minutes of fame. Whatever.

You certainly realize that LB has exihibited violent behaviour before :shrug:

I just do not get why people are loathe to admit that. I like LB and think he is a genius. He also was a helluva nice guy when I met him. His temper to others does not take away from that :shrug:

danax6
05-17-2007, 08:36 AM
As for her writing the book - they were her experiences and are a commodity. So, I do not fault her for that.Gimme a break. She was even more of a coke head than Stevie Nicks was, I doubt anything that comes out of her mouth is based on clear memories and objective reasoning. It's her right to share this with the world in order to make a few bucks? If people want to write biographies, that's fine by me, but don't do it solely to drag other people through the mud. Which is clearly the case here, because nobody even knows who the hell Carol Ann Harris is.

I don't even care if what she says is true or not, I am not arguing that here, I am just saying it's tacky.

brass_monkey
05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
The ho part was a figure of speech I'll say that. But here is a person who is using SOMEONE ELSES fame for their own gain. I find that repulsive. Now haveing said that, it's just my opinion, and if other people find what she has to say interesting, so be it.:nod:

What an odd thing to say. Many writers such as biographers and journalists use someone else's fame for their own gain - so what? Maybe you just want to blow off some steam because she's challenging the Lindsey-as-all-conquering-hero myth?

The responses in this thread are, by and large, extremely hostile to Ms Harris. Maybe she really did have a bad time at the hands of LB - who are we to argue otherwise, since we weren't there? The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).

I'll probably read this book, because at least it presents another side to FM and LB. I'm not saying the revelations in the book are true, but then you can't be sure about the truth of any biography. Let the woman have her limelight - she's waited long enough to tell her story.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Gimme a break. She was even more of a coke head than Stevie Nicks was . . . .

You were there - you know this for sure :shrug:

In the end, you seemingly are just pissed because she will cast LB in what we assume will be a totally bad light. On edit - the review posted above compliments LB's artistic side and seemingly portrays the band in a good like a la "beautiful insanity" - so it seemingly is not all bad :shrug:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
. . . she's waited long enough to tell her story.

And, it is her story to tell - she was there after all. Thus, I just do not get the auto hate for this book and the author.

And, if someone wrote a tell all book about La Nicks being a complete beeyotch during the RAL sessions (which she clearly was by her own admission) -- I'd support their right to publish that as well. Would I approach it with reservation, probably so. But, I approach Harris' book the same way.

danax6
05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
You were there - you know this foir sure :shrug:Were you there all those times LB apparantly got violent? There are more reports about CAH snorting white dust than there are about LB assaulting people. So that argument doesn't fly.

In the end, you seemingly are just pissed because she will cast LB in what we assume will be a totally bad light.Meh, not really. LB is far from the perfect guy lots of people peg him to be, I am definitely not one of those. What I care about is that it's completely unnecessary, 30 years after the fact, when the guy is happily married with kids.

danax6
05-17-2007, 08:52 AM
And, if someone wrote a tell all book about La Nicks being a complete beeyotch during the RAL sessions (which she clearly was by her own admission) -- I'd support their right to publish that as well. Would I approach it with reservation, probably so. But, I approach Harris' book the same way.I'd hate that also. :laugh: Unless it was done with Stevie's consent, which would most likely not be the case. I only care about stories about their past that come from their own mouths. Everything else, especially in the world that they live in, is usually far too exaggerated and embellished to be taken seriously. And I stand by my original point, it's just tacky.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Were you there all those times LB apparantly got violent? There are more reports about CAH snorting white dust than there are about LB assaulting people. So that argument doesn't fly . . . .

Comparing the two does not in any way support your argument.

LB kicked La Nicks on stage and maybe threw a guitar at her then. Not just Mick said this. So, there is that.

That has nothing to do with who snorted more coke. Nor, does me not seeing Harris snort blow support your argument that she did more than La Nicks, which you asserted as a fact, which you could not possibly know as such unless you were there measuring the blow consumed by both over this eight or so year period :shrug:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 08:56 AM
I'd hate that also. :laugh: Unless it was done with Stevie's consent, which would most likely not be the case. I only care about stories about their past that come from their own mouths. Everything else, especially in the world that they live in, is usually far too exaggerated and embellished to be taken seriously. And I stand by my original point, it's just tacky.

To be fair - she has been trying for like ten years to get this published :shrug: My suspicion is that LB's people have been blocking it.

danax6
05-17-2007, 08:59 AM

LB kicked La Nicks on stage and maybe threw a guitar at her then. Not just Mick said this. So, there is that.

That has nothing to do with who snorted more coke. Nor, does me not seeing Harris snort blow support your argument that she did more than La Nicks, which you asserted as a fact, which you could not possibly know as such unless you were there measuring the blow consumed by both over this eight or so year period :shrug:OMG. You are taking that part entirely too seriously. Measuring blow by blow... :laugh: My point was, she was a coke head, no doubt about that, and just as Mick Fleetwood got slammed for writing a book based on coke-induced memories, the same thing could be said about CAH.

danax6
05-17-2007, 09:01 AM
To be fair - she has been trying for like ten years to get this published :shrug: My suspicion is that LB's people have been blocking it.Well, ofcourse! Who would need a ****ty book like that in their lives? Again, true or not true, it's just completely unnecessary.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 09:02 AM
OMG. You are taking that part entirely too seriously. Measuring blow by blow... :laugh: My point was, she was a coke head, no doubt about that, and just as Mick Fleetwood got slammed for writing a book based on coke-induced memories, the same thing could be said about CAH.

That is true. But,m I still stand by my point that if this book was just a pack of lies with no basis in reality, it would have not been published. So, I will read it and take the points with a grain of salt -- just as i did Mick's book.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
. . . it's just completely unnecessary.

I do not get that conclusion. Should we look then only to books written by the band itself? If that were true, then that reasoning would have to apply to other popular figures. Again, these are her experiences. She was there.

danax6
05-17-2007, 09:14 AM
I do not get that conclusion. Should we look then only to books written by the band itself? If that were true, then that reasoning would have to apply to other popular figures. Again, these are her experiences. She was there.I guess that's just me then, but while I love to read biographies, I usually only read them if they were written by the person itself or if the person in question was involved somehow. CAH is not going to write about herself, nobody even knows who she is and I sincerely doubt LB or the rest of the band had any input whatsoever. It's going to be a one-sided story.

But I'll let this argument (and my judgement) rest until I've actually read the book.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 09:16 AM
. . . But I'll let this argument (and my judgement) rest until I've actually read the book.

THEN - we will go at it!

You better take your vitamens from now until then so you can keep up :p :p

:angel:

danax6
05-17-2007, 09:22 AM
THEN - we will go at it!

You better take your vitamens from now until then so you can keep up :p :p

:angel:I think I'm going to need a few bottles of tequila to get through it. :laugh:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I think I'm going to need a few bottles of tequila to get through it. :laugh:

I may have to fly to Amerterdam and we can discuss it in a "coffee" shop!

JazmenFlowers
05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I'll be reading just as I read each of the Edward Wincenstein books! :wavey:

shackin'up
05-17-2007, 10:19 AM

I just do not get why people are loathe to admit that. I like LB and think he is a genius. He also was a helluva nice guy when I met him. His temper to others does not take away from that :shrug:

You're completely right, Strand. I'm certainly curious about what she has to say about the dark side of the man, although we always have to take everything with a grain of salt. Pissed exes are certainly no reliable source. I know that from experience:lol: .

Michelle Daya
05-17-2007, 10:21 AM
What an odd thing to say. Many writers such as biographers and journalists use someone else's fame for their own gain - so what? Maybe you just want to blow off some steam because she's challenging the Lindsey-as-all-conquering-hero myth?

The responses in this thread are, by and large, extremely hostile to Ms Harris. Maybe she really did have a bad time at the hands of LB - who are we to argue otherwise, since we weren't there? The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).

I'll probably read this book, because at least it presents another side to FM and LB. I'm not saying the revelations in the book are true, but then you can't be sure about the truth of any biography. Let the woman have her limelight - she's waited long enough to tell her story.

agreed. i don't want to think lb was ever abusive to any woman ever but he's not a deity. he's a musical genius but he's still a person & if he had or has issues, so be it. it doesn't take away from why i love him in the first place. she has the right to write a book & if it's somehow cathartic for her or helps her achieve closure, why all the hatred? it's as simple as not reading it. and i for one do take offense at trivializing abuse.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
You're completely right, Strand . . . .

Was there any doubt :wavey: :wavey:

Michelle Daya
05-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Well, ofcourse! Who would need a ****ty book like that in their lives? Again, true or not true, it's just completely unnecessary.

again, i respect & admire lb but truthfully, is it possible he doesn't want the truth to be told? didn't stevie refer to him as the ayatollah once? didn't he throw her over the hood of a car & beat on her till a few guys had to pull him off. well that was bad enough & my guess as to his blocking of the book came in not wanting the untold stuff to be told. the band members (except mick the one time) have been mostly tightlipped about everything that happened. even john said that in his q&a. & they're a tight group. carol ann is no longer a part of the group (meaning the clique) & it might be possible she never got over it or him. this might be her cleansing of the situation & of him once & for all. freedom of speech doesn't make someone a disgusting ho.

i also don't get the coke references. even if she was a major junkie, did that warrant the beatings? if you're saying her memory is bad, why is there such a love for stevie nicks among the same posters who apparantly hate carol ann? stevie blew a hole through her nose. i don't think that makes her a moron who can't remember the past, do you? & for the record, stevie has dissed lb in the press too. so what's the difference?

SortaSavageLike
05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
and i for one do take offense at trivializing abuse.

I feel so much better when people misinterpret my heavy-handed sarcasm and take personal offense to it. Maybe I should post some pictures of Lindsey at Pearl Harbor or posing with Hitler in Paris.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
^^^

There are live interviews where Stevie has said she attacked LB first in the TITN touring argument. That does not justify LB beating the crap out of her though.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:36 AM
. . . Maybe I should post some pictures of Lindsey at Pearl Harbor or posing with Hitler in Paris.

I have those too :eek:

:wavey:

JazmenFlowers
05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
^^^

There are live interviews where Stevie has said she attacked LB first in the TITN touring argument. That does not justify LB beating the crap out of her though.
well...also, what could Stevie really do? I mean, her munchkin ass couldn't cause much damage. wouldn't that be hilarious if Stevie beat the **** out of LB?! :laugh: let's see...a perm, makeup, beaten up by a girl....:lol:

just kidding everyone. simmer down.

Michelle Daya
05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I feel so much better when people misinterpret my heavy-handed sarcasm and take personal offense to it. Maybe I should post some pictures of Lindsey at Pearl Harbor or posing with Hitler in Paris.

:laugh: ok, i had to laugh. do you really think i compare lb to pearl harbor or hitler? would i be a fan on a message board if i did? :lol:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
well...also, what could Stevie really do? I mean, her munchkin ass couldn't cause much damage. wouldn't that be hilarious if Stevie beat the **** out of LB?! :laugh: let's see...a perm, makeup, beaten up by a girl....:lol:

just kidding everyone. simmer down.

and, let's not overlook the Fire Island esq. kimono and he wore speedos as a youth :eek:

Kelly
05-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Uh, yea, of course I know. I heard Stevie tell the story of how they attacked each other when he wanted to quit the band. So, he ain't the only violent one. You bring up these accusations every chance you get, just like the fact that he allowed one or two of his songs to be used for commericals. :xoxo: So, of course we are aware.

JazmenFlowers
and, let's not overlook the Fire Island esq. kimono and he wore speedos as a youth :eek:
kimono? yes.

speedos were hot tho! :D

carrie721
The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).

oh geez. did you see the eye roll at the end of that statement?

DavidMn
05-17-2007, 10:42 AM

I'll probably read this book, because at least it presents another side to FM and LB. I'm not saying the revelations in the book are true, but then you can't be sure about the truth of any biography. Let the woman have her limelight - she's waited long enough to tell her story.I think most fans are at least semi-aware of his problems with temper and violence issues. I DO NOT condone that in any way. So having said that, I dont think anything else is really any of my business. As far as the cashing in on someone else's fame, I mean, what has this gal done besides be his Girlfriend?:confused: So here along comes an opportunity for her to potentially make money off something most of us are already aware of, it's just stupid as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, it's just my opinion that's all. I really dont care if someone else finds it entertaining, fine by me.

carrie721
05-17-2007, 10:43 AM
:laugh: ok, i had to laugh. do you really think i compare lb to pearl harbor or hitler? would i be a fan on a message board if i did? :lol:

OMG.

a while back he posted some pictures he made of stevie in weird locations - at the hindenberg disaster, for example. predictably, some people got very upset about it.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:43 AM
. . . speedos were hot tho! :D

We,, having modeled for that company in the past ---- puff puff :cool:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Uh, yea, of course I know. I heard Stevie tell the story of how they attacked each other when he wanted to quit the band. So, he ain't the only violent one. You bring up these accusations every chance you get, just like the fact that he allowed one or two of his songs to be used for commericals. :xoxo: So, of course we are aware.

Actually, she said she attacked him first :shrug:

Kelly
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM

That has nothing to do with who snorted more coke. Nor, does me not seeing Harris snort blow support your argument that she did more than La Nicks, which you asserted as a fact, which you could not possibly know as such unless you were there measuring the blow consumed by both over this eight or so year period :shrug:

For the love of God, please stop exagerrating. he did not kick her onstage. Go read the 97 Rolling Stone article. He kicked his foot out at her, MOCKING HER as she sang Rhiannon. You act like he pummeled her, like a soccer ball, across the floor. It is quite funny how NOT ONE PERSON who was in that large audience that night, has spoken up about LB kicking her. Probably cause they did not notice the fact that he was mocking her. Just the band did. :rolleyes: I have no problem talking about LB's demons but at least be accurate. He mocked her, pulled his coat over his head and put his foot out, acting like he was going to kick her...to intimidate her. ****ed up **** for sure but he did not assault her physically. The guitar throwing thing is another one that no one in the audience saw. :laugh: I wish for once LB would speak up and talk about all the **** Stevie has thrown at him. You do know she has probably tossed crap at him as well?

Kelly
05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Actually, she said she attacked him first :shrug:

But...only LB is abusive? :confused: I never hear anyone call Stevie violent.

It's unfair and you know it. LB's peeps can only halt publication on this book for so long. Her confidentiality agreements have long since expired.
He supported her drugged up ass for years after they split and this is how he gets repaid? The woman is looking for a quick buck off the back of LB and Stevie.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
For the love of God, please stop exagerrating. he did not kick her onstage. Go read the 97 Rolling Stone article. He kicked his foot out at her, MOCKING HER as she sang Rhiannon. You act like he pummeled her, like a soccer ball, across the floor. It is quite funny how NOT ONE PERSON who was in that large audience that night, has spoken up about LB kicking her. Probably cause they did not notice the fact that he was mocking her. Just the band did. :rolleyes: I have no problem talking about LB's demons but at least be accurate. He mocked her, pulled his coat over his head and put his foot out, acting like he was going to kick her...to intimidate her. ****ed up **** for sure but he did not assault her physically. The guitar throwing thing is another one that no one in the audience saw. :laugh: I wish for once LB would speak up and talk about all the **** Stevie has thrown at him. You do know she has probably tossed crap at him as well?

It was in NZ for goodness sake. How many people in NZ from 1979 are going to comment now about that :laugh:

I think it is strange how you are just so loathe to admit that LB could have done anything bad. Clearly, he did. he, of course, denies it when asked - actually, I think he said he vaguely remembered something about playing off key intentionally. Funny how The other members of the band remember it differently. Yet, you choose not to believe them.

Kelly
05-17-2007, 10:52 AM
again, i respect & admire lb but truthfully, is it possible he doesn't want the truth to be told? didn't stevie refer to him as the ayatollah once? didn't he throw her over the hood of a car & beat on her till a few guys had to pull him off. well that was bad enough & my guess as to his blocking of the book came in not wanting the untold stuff to be told. the band members (except mick the one time) have been mostly tightlipped about everything that happened. even john said that in his q&a. & they're a tight group. carol ann is no longer a part of the group (meaning the clique) & it might be possible she never got over it or him. this might be her cleansing of the situation & of him once & for all. freedom of speech doesn't make someone a disgusting ho.

i also don't get the coke references. even if she was a major junkie, did that warrant the beatings? if you're saying her memory is bad, why is there such a love for stevie nicks among the same posters who apparantly hate carol ann? stevie blew a hole through her nose. i don't think that makes her a moron who can't remember the past, do you? & for the record, stevie has dissed lb in the press too. so what's the difference?

WTFH?? He threw her on the hood of a car and beat her until a couple of guys had to pull him off??? :lol: Jesus H. Christ. Stevie has addressed this issue and pretty much defended LB by saying she attacked LB first. No one said he beat her on the car either. NO ONE. :rolleyes:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
But...only LB is abusive? :confused: I never hear anyone call Stevie violent . . . .

Again, I said she attacked him - what more do you want me to say? She was violent. But, that violence did not mean he could through her on a car and beat the crap out of her. I mean how threatening could she have been to him - all 5 feet of her :laugh: But, yes, she should not have attacked him.

Michelle Daya
05-17-2007, 10:54 AM
OMG.

a while back he posted some pictures he made of stevie in weird locations - at the hindenberg disaster, for example. predictably, some people got very upset about it.

i must have missed the pics & thought he was comparing lb to hitler in sarcasm. would have to go back & look.

but if there were pics of carol ann in the same locations, how many would laugh their asses off? :rolleyes:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 10:54 AM
WTFH?? He threw her on the hood of a car and beat her until a couple of guys had to pull him off??? :lol: Jesus H. Christ. Stevie has addressed this issue and pretty much defended LB by saying she attacked LB first. No one said he beat her on the car either. NO ONE. :rolleyes:

Mick did and John referenced it in the BTM thing.

Agtain, her attacking him did not give him the right to do that.

Here is a blurb from fmlegacy

Not a happy day indeed, as Mick Fleetwood recounts the events of August 7, '87 in his memoirs Fleetwood: My Life And Adventures With Fleetwood Mac (written with Stephen Davis, author of the sensationalist Led Zeppelin book, Hammer Of The Gods). As the lofty drummer tells it, when, during the band meeting called to discuss Buckingham's decision to quit the tour, Stevie Nicks remonstrated with her former boyfriend, he yelled "Get this bitch out of my way. And **** the lot of you!" Further robust exchanges followed, Fleetwood writes, culminating in Buckingham slapping Nicks and bending her "backwards over the hood of his car," before being restrained by two of the band's several managers and finally storming off with the words, "You're a bunch of selfish bastards."

Kelly
05-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Again, I said she attacked him - what more do you want me to say? She was violent. But, that violence did not mean he could through her on a car and beat the crap out of her. I mean how threatening could she have been to him - all 5 feet of her :laugh: But, yes, she should not have attacked him.

Find me something that says he "beat the crap out of her". John did not say that. Stevie did not say that. Mick did not say that in his "book". So, again, please be accurate. They were fighting, both of them and both got violent with each other. Stevie is also a friggin huge drama queen and you know it. She screamed at him that her bro and Dad would come kill him if he hurt her. He pushed her down on a car...but no where does anyone say he punched her. To imply otherwise is just inflammatory. I am done with this debate but I will probably be back once I read another inaccurate post. :laugh:

Michelle Daya
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM

yes, they have. so much so that stevie said she thought he would kill her & threatened that if he did, her family would kill him. yes, a few guys pulled him off. yes, she attacked him first according to her. no, it didn't warrant him throwing her on a car & beating her.

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Find me something that says he "beat the crap out of her". John did not say that. Stevie did not say that. Mick did not say that in his "book". So, again, please be accurate. They were fighting, both of them and both got violent with each other. Stevie is also a friggin huge drama queen and you know it. She screamed at him that her bro and Dad would come kill him if he hurt her. He pushed her down on a car...but no where does anyone say he punched her. To imply otherwise is just inflammatory. I am done with this debate but I will probably be back once I read another inaccurate post. :laugh:

Um - read the quote above :wavey: In other words, if he was not beating the crap out of her (after slapping her) - then why did it take two men to pull him off of her once he bent her over the hood of the car. And, why did he bend her over the hood of a car - perhaps he wanted to talk to her in a nice manner - come on :laugh:

Again, your defense of him is rather silly. But, you always do this. And, you know as well as I do that the gossip that does not make the boards clearly supports my point.

carrie721
05-17-2007, 11:04 AM
i must have missed the pics & thought he was comparing lb to hitler in sarcasm. would have to go back & look.

but if there were pics of carol ann in the same locations, how many would laugh their asses off? :rolleyes:

how many people actually know what she looks like? :laugh:

what was funny about those pics was that they were stevie in her elegant ballerina poses, juxtaposed with destruction and ruin. it wasn't just that stevie was photoshopped in there.

Kelly
05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Mick did and John referenced it in the BTM thing.

Agtain, her attacking him did not give him the right to do that.

Here is a blurb from fmlegacy

That blurb from Mick's book was one I had forgotten. Mick did say he wanted to do a rewrite to clear up a bunch of inaccuracies. Stevie did go to LB and apologize for the BS in Mick's book. I just do not put too much stock in it, based on what both Mick and Stevie have said about it. Mick is just as bad as CAH for writing his book, especially when he says now that he would like to reissue it with a bunch of the inaccuracies corrected.

Like I said, I wish for the day when LB would speak up. He is really the only one with any loyalty. Stevie is one lucky little lady that she has him for her shepherd. I feel bad for the guy...he just takes it and takes it and takes it without EVER betraying her. :lol: (yea, I know he called her show a "lounge act"...that hardly compares to the things said about him)

PenguinHead
05-17-2007, 11:32 AM
^^^

That statement sounds more than slightly hyped-up. He took a swipe at her...that's a big difference than "beating the crap" of out her.

Yeah, Lindsey is a hothead - that's no surprise; he's always been that way. While it's not justifiable to resort to physical violence, Stevie was also in hot head mode at the time. He was probably trying to knock some sense into her.:eek:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 11:35 AM
That statement sounds more than slightly hyped-up. He took a swipe at her...that's a big difference than "beating the crap" of out her . . . .

After slapping her, he then threw her over the hood of a car and two men had to pull him off of her :shrug:

Nico
05-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Whatever. I always read these things with a grain of salt. John Lennon's mistress also wrote a tell-all and, according to her, Yoko is Satan.

I have to hand it to Lindsey. He may whine occasionally and sometimes his overuse of cliche phrases can get to me, but I think he's a class act in the sense that I've never heard/read him badmouth any of his former band mates or ex-girlfriends to the extent that they have him.

It's just a book. When Albert Goldman used to write those horrific character assault biographies everyone thought he'd change history and, for the most part, the people whom he depicted as monsters are still adored as much, if not more, today.

danax6
05-17-2007, 01:04 PM
he yelled "Get this bitch out of my way. And **** the lot of you!" This alone is proof that it's Mick's version of the events, not accurate quotes, because Americans don't say 'F the lot of you'. :laugh:

carrie721
05-17-2007, 01:07 PM
This alone is proof that it's Mick's version of the events, not accurate quotes, because Americans don't say 'F the lot of you'. :laugh:

LOL. so true. i thought the same thing. :lol: i'm sure in reality lindsey worked in the word "****hole." :laugh:

strandinthewind
05-17-2007, 01:59 PM
. . . Yoko is Satan . . . .

:laugh: many on many would agree with her there - just ask Lennon's son from his first marriage :eek:

Tee Dee
05-17-2007, 02:56 PM
LOL. so true. i thought the same thing. :lol: i'm sure in reality lindsey worked in the word "****hole." :laugh:

Carrie ---

You got me busting a gut laughing here...over the "****hole" thing.

I thought of the lady in Nebraska at the Rococo Theater...I can just see her turning the theater into a bookstore and Carol Ann is doing book signings... :laugh:

T.D.

shackin'up
05-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I may have to fly to Amerterdam and we can discuss it in a "coffee" shop!

I'll be there for sure!!!

BTW: Lindsey has (had) a temper. He's always been a slightly neurotic controlfreak. Controlfreaks tend to lose it if they're not in control anymore. This is not happening on a daily base ofcourse and not always-or at all- violently but in combination with coke/booze or whatever it can be. LB is not the perfect person in my book. He's the perfect artist though.;)

Here you are: not every fan of him defends him untill the end of time.

please take note.

Mari
05-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Eh, she's his ex. If you want a grain of salt, I think you'll have it there.:shrug:

Villavic
05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
. Mick did say he wanted to do a rewrite to clear up a bunch of inaccuracies.

The book is from circa 1991. The episode is from 1987. Not many years..
And mick said in his book ,a bout that day, that he tried to described evrything as exact as possible, so i think he was very careful with that episode, and tried to tell the truth..

unless he maliciously lied. but the "You better leave now" phrase by John, was confirmed by John himself.

henryscutter
05-20-2007, 04:26 AM
Here are the tentative chapter titles

TABLE OF CONTENTS
INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Never Break the Chain
Chapter 2: Don't Look Back
Chapter 3: Gold Dust
Chapter 4: Ladies and Gentlemen: Fleetwood Mac!
Chapter 5: Through the Looking Glass
Chapter 6: If You Don't Love Me Now
Chapter 7: Lightning Flashes
Chapter 8: Dreams of a Lifetime
Chapter 9: It's Not That Funny Is It?
Chapter 10: On the Edge
Chapter 11: Make It Baby
Chapter 12: Don't Say That You Love Me
Chapter 13: Star Power
Chapter 14: Behind the Gold Curtain
Chapter 15: Storms
Chapter 16: Endless Summer
Chapter 17: Ancient Battlegrounds
Chapter 18: Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Chapter 19: It All Goes Insane
Epilogue

Interesting titles:
Even though this book won't be all positive I really want to read it. I need to know all the backstage stuff, I cant help myself:angel:

danax6
05-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Chapter 1: Never Break the Chain
Chapter 3: Gold Dust
Chapter 8: Dreams of a Lifetime
Chapter 9: It's Not That Funny Is It?
Chapter 10: On the Edge
Chapter 11: Make It Baby
Chapter 12: Don't Say That You Love Me
Chapter 15: Storms
Chapter 19: It All Goes Insane
Oh dear.

And what is up with all the Stevie songs? ;)

CrystalMeth
05-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Love how people get all righteous when their heroes get talked about. I'm buying it. I think it will be interesting.

CrystalMeth
05-20-2007, 10:28 AM
The ho part was a figure of speech I'll say that. But here is a person who is using SOMEONE ELSES fame for their own gain. I find that repulsive. Now haveing said that, it's just my opinion, and if other people find what she has to say interesting, so be it.:nod:

H A V I N G does not have an 'e' in it.

Calling her a ho is a little rough. Have you met her?

carol7lynn
05-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Mick told the story and he was there and from what he said, CAH was not.

It amazes me that anyone could sink so low as to air other people's dirty linen, in public, twenty years after the fact for a fast buck. If she really loved him she would never have betrayed him-ever.

Is it any coincidence that she waited until after Lindsey got married and revived his solo career to collect her thirty pieces of silver. I doubt it. She has been described as an ex-model, ex-record producer, and ex-stylist/designer in print which are all careers that spell "hanger-on" in the entertainment industry. And, here she is twenty years later still trying to be, to take another page from Stevie's book, an "Insider." That should be the title of her final chapter.
"I Wanted To Be An Insider But I Got Kicked to the Curb Instead.":laugh:

CarolC:lol:

gypsysoul
05-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Kiss and tell books are a hazard of being in the public eye.
I personally don't like them because they are usually just bitter gripes from someone who is mad/sad about the end of a relationship but they do have an audience.

The best we can hope for from this book is that since it comes many years after the event there may be an element of mature reflection in it. Also that if Carol (or her ghost writer ) is a decent writer she might be able to evoke the era in an entertaining way.

However, I've read on other boards that her appearances on tv suggest a rather sad, pathetic woman still living in the past who claims she still loves LB and who can't get her story about his alleged violence straight.
So the signs are not good but we'll see.

Generally - considering the musical and human content of the FM story, I'm suprised there aren't any really good books about them by decent music biographers.

As for books from band members, the only two I would trust to tell the tale reasonably accurately are Lindsey himself and Christine. I think we'd get a pretty good account if the two decided to pool their respective memories. But ofcourse that is never going to happen.
And Kelly I agree with you, despite his other issues, I've always thought LB and Christine were the classiest members of the band.

Tee Dee
05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
:shrug: :shrug: Let's see -- Carol Ann Harris

Help me out here guys. Is she the woman hanging on Lindsey in the video named "Mick's Lost Japan Tapes" ?

The video is from the 1977 Rumours Tour...in one shot, it shows the band getting on an airplane. Stevie is sitting in first class. Enter Lindsey and Blonde Bimbo. Stevie says something like "You, get in the back. Band members only." Lindsey, obediently takes a seat and fastens his seat belt, and this silent, sluggish woman, slinks to the back of the plane.

Later this same woman is seen constantly hanging on Lindsey.

Is that our girl??? ... Carol Ann??? :shrug: :shrug:

T.D.

danax6
05-22-2007, 05:10 PM
The video is from the 1977 Rumours Tour...in one shot, it shows the band getting on an airplane. Stevie is sitting in first class. Enter Lindsey and Blonde Bimbo. Stevie says something like "You, get in the back. Band members only." Lindsey, obediently takes a seat and fastens his seat belt, and this silent, sluggish woman, slinks to the back of the plane.
That's the one. Isn't that part hilarious? :laugh:

jbrownsjr
05-22-2007, 05:59 PM

i knew what you meant... and quite frankly i'm all that matters.. :wavey:

jbrownsjr
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok here's my take... I'm going to settle this once again....

It's story tellin.... that's all it is... Lindsey Buckingham does not need anyone in this forum to defend him.. Based on many historical accounts... it's safe to say LB has had some physical altercations.... Hell if someone wrote about Christine beating up Dennis I would be adoring that person...

Anyway, she has the right to tell her story from her point of view... (contractual stuff aside) Is it tacky? Probably... Should she feel guilty about doing it? NO!!! She put up w/ him and his antics for 8 years and if she wants to make it public she has every right to do so. My guess is this book won't make a whole lot of scratch... Quite honestly beyond this board.... I don't think many people care... C'mon people he was in a rock band... do you have any idea what goes on in superstar rock bands.... I'm shocked there wasn't more of this....

Now everyone chill and have a snort of whiskey or somethin....

PS Christine threw a drink in Lindsey's face, I liked her more after that...

Michelle Daya
05-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok here's my take... I'm going to settle this once again....

It's story tellin.... that's all it is... Lindsey Buckingham does not need anyone in this forum to defend him.. Based on many historical accounts... it's safe to say LB has had some physical altercations.... Hell if someone wrote about Christine beating up Dennis I would be adoring that person...

Anyway, she has the right to tell her story from her point of view... (contractual stuff aside) Is it tacky? Probably... Should she feel guilty about doing it? NO!!! She put up w/ him and his antics for 8 years and if she wants to make it public she has every right to do so. My guess is this book won't make a whole lot of scratch... Quite honestly beyond this board.... I don't think many people care... C'mon people he was in a rock band... do you have any idea what goes on in superstar rock bands.... I'm shocked there wasn't more of this....

Now everyone chill and have a snort of whiskey or somethin....

PS Christine threw a drink in Lindsey's face, I liked her more after that...

totally agree & as much as i love lb, he deserved a drink thrown in his face. he was being a beyotch.

as for that story about the plane, wow was stevie a beyotch or what. as lb's gf, carol ann should have stood up for herself & told her to go to hell or really as the man, lb should have :sorry: jealous or not, she should have had some respect for who he was dating & living with & he should have had a spine. who was the bigger wimp? lb or his gf? can't say i blame her for writing the book :shocked: .

henryscutter
05-22-2007, 11:15 PM
totally agree & as much as i love lb, he deserved a drink thrown in his face. he was being a beyotch.

as for that story about the plane, wow was stevie a beyotch or what. as lb's gf, carol ann should have stood up for herself & told her to go to hell or really as the man, lb should have :sorry: jealous or not, she should have had some respect for who he was dating & living with & he should have had a spine. who was the bigger wimp? lb or his gf? can't say i blame her for writing the book :shocked: .

I saw that clip and I think Stevie was just making a joke about CAH standing there looking like a flight attendant or something:shrug: LB and CAH look all stoned and just look around like duh what? :laugh:

jbrownsjr
05-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I saw that clip and I think Stevie was just making a joke about CAH standing there looking like a flight attendant or something:shrug: LB and CAH look all stoned and just look around like duh what? :laugh:

haha yeah i remember them looking like zombies... and LB getting pissed at mick and christine cos he didn't want to do interviews w/ the radio... i loved Lindsey of the rumours era!!! lol

SNLB
05-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Can I find this on Youtube? Would love to see it!

gldstwmn
05-23-2007, 01:32 AM
She is not the only one to allege LB is violent :shrug: Moreover, if she were saying whollly untrue things, LB's people and, likely more so, La Nicks' people or FM's people (they are still a major money maker touring wise) would have stopped the publication of those lies. So, I think that while she may stretch it here and there, the book is based in truth.

Correct. No publisher in their right mind would put out a book like this without vetting it first.

gldstwmn
05-23-2007, 01:40 AM
If people want to write biographies, that's fine by me, but don't do it solely to drag other people through the mud. Ann Harris is.

Don't you think you should read the book first and then decide what her intentions in writing it were?
I think that there are few people here who would not do the same thing if they were in her position. I'm sure she's getting a nice chunk of change.

gldstwmn
05-23-2007, 01:54 AM
After slapping her, he then threw her over the hood of a car and two men had to pull him off of her :shrug:

Mick also added in his account in his book that it was not the first time Lindsey had done this to Stevie.

gldstwmn
05-23-2007, 01:55 AM
:laugh: many on many would agree with her there - just ask Lennon's son from his first marriage :eek:

I would tend to agree that Julian hasn't been treated very kindly.

gldstwmn
05-23-2007, 02:02 AM
:shrug: :shrug: Let's see -- Carol Ann Harris

Help me out here guys. Is she the woman hanging on Lindsey in the video named "Mick's Lost Japan Tapes" ?

That's actually not what happens. Stevie is being facetious, making some kind of dig at Lindsey and Carol sits right next to him.

gldstwmn
05-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Hell if someone wrote about Christine beating up Dennis I would be adoring that person...

It probably wouldn't be too hard as Dennis was usually out of his gourd during that period.

henryscutter
05-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Mick also added in his account in his book that it was not the first time Lindsey had done this to Stevie.

That's what bothered me the most. If it was just one time on a highly emotional night that's one thing, but if there was a history of things like that then ...... she made a good choice by breaking up with him.

danax6
05-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Don't you think you should read the book first and then decide what her intentions in writing it were?
If you go back a few pages you would see that's exactly what I planned on doing.

Gailh
05-23-2007, 08:39 AM

I thought Mick merely speculated as to whether it had happened before? I'll check when I get home.

I would have thought that Ms Harris would have to be very careful about what she says or Lindsey's lawyers will be all over her like a rash.

It's a difficult one this because you can't really slam the book without reading it first. But I'll have to buy it to read it so whatever I think of it she still gets the money.

I personally will read it because I'd like to read something about the band that I don't already know. I think it comes down to where she places the emphasis. Will she dwell on the seemier side of their history or will she paint a full picture?

Gail

GardenStateGirlie
05-23-2007, 09:39 AM
i never did read mick's pile of crap. however, i may pick this one up simply for beach reading material. after all, it does come out the weekend of july 4th :nod: :cool: what cracks me up is you can buy it in conjunction with stevie's crystal visions on amazon.com and save! :laugh:

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM

All through the 80's I've been talking to people in the Mac camp and heard from several sources that the incident in August of '87 wasn't the first time. Judy Wong told me that he used to slap Stevie and his own manager (Michael Brocaw at the time) told me that Stevie could be such a beeyotch at times that Lindsey slapped her. He also said that he kicked her in the ankles on stage because he felt she was stealing his spotlight. About that night in August of '87 Michael said that he didn't push her over a hood of a car but kicked her and pushed her against the garage door (it was all her fault of course).
However, I talked to Lindsey about Mick's book and that episode and he became very, very sad. He said that it never happened, it was ugly but it never happened that way. IMHO the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I think he did have a temper and that he did hit Stevie and CAH. I'm not trying to make him out as a "wife beater" but I do think he couldn't keep his paws to himself at times. Don't get me wrong, I love Linds but he shouldn't have done that.

JazmenFlowers
05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
^^^
that hurts my everything. :(

I read Mick's book a couple times, the Edward Wincenstein books and I'll read this one too. I'm anxious to see, as Gailh points out, how Carol paints the picture...how she spins everything.

danax6
05-23-2007, 10:44 AM
i never did read mick's pile of crap.Smart move.

what cracks me up is you can buy it in conjunction with stevie's crystal visions on amazon.com and save! :laugh:Thank gawd I am not the only one that had to laugh about that. ;)

IMHO the truth lies somewhere in the middle.That's what I'd say also. Lindsey sure is no saint, but neither was Stevie, I am sure they got on each other's nerves quite a lot. Getting physical is definitely not the answer, but I get that sometimes your anger gets the best of you. I sure have slapped and kicked when I was so pissed I couldn't see straight anymore. Stevie has admitted she 'attacked' him also, so yeah, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

JazmenFlowers
05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
I think that there are few people here who would not do the same thing if they were in her position. I'm sure she's getting a nice chunk of change.
isn't that what Vanessa and others have said? :shrug:

at this point, everything is speculation until we all read the book.

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
^^^

I read Mick's book a couple times, the Edward Wincenstein books and I'll read this one too. I'm anxious to see, as Gailh points out, how Carol paints the picture...how she spins everything.

I think the book essentially will praise FM and her experiences in it. I think the quote from her shows that. I think the violence will be the selling point though.

I'd also bet La Nicks' people are the larger force behind stopping this publication. She and her management are very careful of how she is perceived.

danax6
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
I'd also bet La Nicks' people are the larger force behind stopping this publication. She and her management are very careful of how she is perceived.Judging from the amount of chapters titles that are deriven from her song titles I'm sure she will make an appearance in CAH's 'story'. I doubt it will be flattering.

JazmenFlowers
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Judging from the amount of chapters titles that are deriven from her song titles I'm sure she will make an appearance in CAH's 'story'. I doubt it will be flattering.
all the more reason for Stevie to release her memoirs. :thumbsup:

from the horse's mouth, so to speak. a fabulously drenched in chiffon horse, of course.

danax6
05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
all the more reason for Stevie to release her memoirs. :thumbsup:

from the horse's mouth, so to speak. a fabulously drenched in chiffon horse, of course.Shut up. That would totally make me go fangirl. Complete with squees and OMG's. :laugh:

Tee Dee
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
^^^

1. Who is Edward Wincenstein? I can't find him on Amazon.com. :shrug: (Is he an inside joke?)

2. Has anyone read Leah Furman's book RUMOURS EXPOSED: THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY OF FLEETWOOD MAC (pub date 2000) ??

:shrug: Does she have anything to say about Carol Ann's presence?? :shrug: Or the infamous day in August 1987??

(I am just curious. I see that book for sale on Ebay quite often.)

Gailh
05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I thought Mick merely speculated as to whether it had happened before? I'll check when I get home.
Gail

I stand corrected:

Page 218 "the it got physical. Lindsey grabbed Stevie and slpped her and bent her backwards over the hood of his car. Was he going to hit her again? He'd done it before"

Gail

Gailh
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
1. Who is Edward Wincenstein? I can't find him on Amazon.com. :shrug: (Is he an inside joke?)

2. Has anyone read Leah Furman's book RUMOURS EXPOSED: THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY OF FLEETWOOD MAC (pub date 2000) ??

:shrug: Does she have anything to say about Carol Ann's presence?? :shrug: Or the infamous day in August 1987??

(I am just curious. I see that book for sale on Ebay quite often.)

1. A waste of space

2. Yes - crap. She does mention the infamous day but doesn't mention any violence

Gail

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I stand corrected:

Page 218 "the it got physical. Lindsey grabbed Stevie and slpped her and bent her backwards over the hood of his car. Was he going to hit her again? He'd done it before"

Gail

I have always thought the "He'd done it before" is vague. Does that mean he'd done it before that day or done it before in the past - - and in both instances was it several times, a daily thing, or just on one other occasion?

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 01:38 PM
That's what I'd say also. Lindsey sure is no saint, but neither was Stevie, I am sure they got on each other's nerves quite a lot. Getting physical is definitely not the answer, but I get that sometimes your anger gets the best of you. I sure have slapped and kicked when I was so pissed I couldn't see straight anymore. Stevie has admitted she 'attacked' him also, so yeah, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Stevie was no saint as you said. Judy Wong once said that she could be so vicious towards Lindsey that even she wanted to slap her :laugh: And I don't think CAH was a saint either, however, physical violence is never a good thing (and that goes for you too, Stevie :wavey: )

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
^^^

It hurt me too, believe me.

I've read Mick's book twice, maybe 3 times. The early Mac period is interesting but when he started to talk about the recordings in France it was full of crap. There was something about him sweeping Stevie off her feet and rode her away on his horse. If he would've done that she would've been seriously injured because there was no room for that. The place was full of trees.

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Stevie was no saint as you said. Judy Wong once said that she could be so vicious towards Lindsey that even she wanted to slap her :laugh: . . . .

I heard that too and other stuff as well. But, I often wonder what the context was in that and when it occurred? Was it in the Rumors era and/or did it continue to the TITN sessions.

Also, was Stevie provoking him or retaliating to him making fun of her songs.

I also go the impression that Wong never really liked La Nicks or CM that much. But, that is just my speculation.

Tee Dee
05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
All through the 80's I've been talking to people in the Mac camp and heard from several sources that the incident in August of '87 wasn't the first time. Judy Wong told me that he used to slap Stevie and his own manager (Michael Brocaw at the time) told me that Stevie could be such a beeyotch at times that Lindsey slapped her. He also said that he kicked her in the ankles on stage because he felt she was stealing his spotlight. About that night in August of '87 Michael said that he didn't push her over a hood of a car but kicked her and pushed her against the garage door (it was all her fault of course).
However, I talked to Lindsey about Mick's book and that episode and he became very, very sad. He said that it never happened, it was ugly but it never happened that way. IMHO the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I think he did have a temper and that he did hit Stevie and CAH. I'm not trying to make him out as a "wife beater" but I do think he couldn't keep his paws to himself at times. Don't get me wrong, I love Linds but he shouldn't have done that.

Thank you for posting this. It gives a different perspective, especially an "insider" perspective.

It reminded me of the VH1 Behind the Music on Lindsey's solo work.

There is a segment on the song WRONG - Mr. Rock Cock refers to Mick -(Piggie in the Middle is a chapter in Mick's book), etc. When interviewing Mick (about the book & song) Mick's answer was "It was a terrible betrayal."

So what does THAT mean? It never happened? He should never have divulged the info?

The chorus of the song -- "The man just got it wrong." -- obviously meaning Mick???

Any comments?

danax6
05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I heard that too and other stuff as well. But, I often wonder what the context was in that and when it occurred? Was it in the Rumors era and/or did it continue to the TITN sessions.

Who knows. Lindsey was more of a booze and pot kind of guy, never too big on the white stuff, and we all heard that as Stevie's cocaine addiction got worse, so got her attitude. The drama queen that she is, I can definitely see her reacting to certain things in a childish and unreasonable manner, which I am sure could get very aggravating at times. And then there was ofcourse the jealousy... on both sides. In one of those conversations between Sara Fleetwood and Beverly Vance it got brought up how Stevie reacted to other women and it wasn't pretty. Apparantly it instigated a lot of fights. She on the other hand has always said it was Lindsey that had a huge problem with her bringing other men around, that she could handle it.

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
^^^

Didn't La Nicks also say that she never really brought other guys around and the that LB did, at least during the making of Rumors. After that, though, I think it was fair game to bring a special someone around, after all, they were broken up, etc.

I think this is why CAH's book will be a cool read if taken with a grain of salt.

Johnny Stew
05-23-2007, 02:48 PM
While I'm sure Stevie isn't innocent (none of us are -- we've all done things to purposely needle someone else, from time to time), there were a couple comments made in this thread that concerned me. I hope no one was implying that Lindsey's actions were somehow justified because Stevie "instigated it" or was "being a bitch," but it sure sounded like it.

It's going to be automatically assumed that I'm defending Stevie here, but that's not really the case. I just can't think of any instance where hitting or slapping a woman is acceptable -- unless she's coming at you with a weapon.

carrie721
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
While I'm sure Stevie isn't innocent (none of us are -- we've all done things to purposely needle someone else, from time to time), there were a couple comments made in this thread that concerned me. I hope no one was implying that Lindsey's actions were somehow justified because Stevie "instigated it" or was "being a bitch," but it sure sounded like it.

It's going to be automatically assumed that I'm defending Stevie here, but that's not really the case. I just can't think of any instance where hitting or slapping a woman is acceptable -- unless she's coming at you with a weapon.

but it's been said that stevie slapped lindsey, right? :shrug:

danax6
05-23-2007, 02:59 PM
but it's been said that stevie slapped lindsey, right? :shrug:Right. Let's not forget about that pesky double standard here.

jbrownsjr
05-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Nobody should hit anybody period....... but again, it was a rock and roll band w/ heavy drug use, lots of booze and many many emotions....

having said that.... ever notice nobody ****ed w/ Christine

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:02 PM

No, that is speculation. She made a gesture like she was strangling him and said she flew across the room and attacked him, whatever that means and it certainly could be a slap.

#1LiddyBuckFan
05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Thank you for posting this. It gives a different perspective, especially an "insider" perspective.

There is a segment on the song WRONG - Mr. Rock Cock refers to Mick -(Piggie in the Middle is a chapter in Mick's book), etc. When interviewing Mick (about the book & song) Mick's answer was "It was a terrible betrayal."

So what does THAT mean? It never happened? He should never have divulged the info?

The chorus of the song -- "The man just got it wrong." -- obviously meaning Mick???

Any comments?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. On BTM they never got too deep into that, but it seemed like Mick really portrayed something wrong in the book and it pissed Lindsey off. I'm not saying the situation still wasn't bad or that Lindsey/Stevie didn't play their part, but maybe blown out of proportion in Mick's book? :shrug:

I guess we really will never know the whole story unless Lindsey or Stevie pipes up and it doesn't seem like they really want to in depth at least. Who blames them though? It is their life. You know sometimes they must feel like they have given us enough of the soap opera. I'm sure they understand that its part of the draw but it still must be exhausting.

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Nobody should hit anybody period....... but again, it was a rock and roll band w/ heavy drug use, lots of booze and many many emotions....

Ummm - I think John beat the hell out her, but that is just speculation. I base that on Stevie's saying that she and CM would hide in their condos when John would come over late at night enraged and drunk.

Johnny Stew
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Right. Let's not forget about that pesky double standard here.I still don't see how that excuses a 6' tall, 175lb guy hitting a 5'1", 115lb woman.

You don't hit a child and you don't hit a woman. Period.

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Right. Let's not forget about that pesky double standard here.

I sincerely doubt that La Nicks threw LB on the hood of a car :shrug:

I mean I get that she attacked him, but he obviously beat the crap out of her and by all accounts, he'd routinely done that before in, at least, the 70's. So, I think your implying that La Nicks was in any way worse than or at equal fault with LB is incorrect.

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Also, to my knowledge, CM is the only one who has ever been mentioned as slapping LB. Interestingly, if LB had beat the shiitte out of CM, would anyone her be implying that CM deserved it?

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
No, that is speculation. She made a gesture like she was strangling him and said she flew across the room and attacked him, whatever that means and it certainly could be a slap.What else do you think 'to attack' means then? I doubt she came after him with a tambourine.

Either way, Stevie laughs when she talks about how she attacked him these days, so I doubt it has left any lingering effects. She'd probably roll her eyes at everybody still discussing it. ;)

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I sincerely doubt that La Nicks threw LB on the hood of a car :shrug:
Also speculation. Another person has told a story that didn't even involve a car. :shrug:

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Also speculation. Another person has told a story that didn't even involve a car. :shrug:

Not really speculation in that a participant said it did :shrug:

Anyway, I no longer give a shiitte :laugh:

danax6
he obviously beat the crap out of herReally? Who said that?

carrie721
I still don't see how that excuses a 6' tall, 175lb guy hitting a 5'1", 115lb woman.

that's uh ... really offensive. :laugh:

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Really? Who said that?

Please see the preceding 400 replies and 900 other threads on 1,000 other fan sites :laugh:

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Anyway, I no longer give a shiitte :laugh:Me neither. I need a drink. :D

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Please see the preceding 400 replies and 900 other threads on 1,000 other fan sites :laugh:Nobody used those words, those are your words.

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Me neither. I need a drink. :D

I am having several tonight!!!!!

I am going to a cool after work party for charity at this beautiful house these freinds of mine just bought and redid. So, I looking forward to that. Of course, if I do not like the decorating, I am both slapping and beating the shiitte out of them :cool:

Johnny Stew
05-23-2007, 03:15 PM
that's uh ... really offensive. :laugh:In what way?

carrie721
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
In what way?

you're equating women and children?

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
that's uh ... really offensive. :laugh:All the feminists in the world are doing a double take right now. :laugh:

#1LiddyBuckFan
05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Isn't ALL of this speculation considering none of us were there? Obviously, some kind of sh*t went down...but we don't really know a damn thing.

Johnny Stew
05-23-2007, 03:21 PM
you're equating women and children?It was a statement. Still, it's not really an even match, is it, for a man who's considerably taller and considerably heavier to strike someone smaller than they are?

carrie721
05-23-2007, 03:21 PM
All the feminists in the world are doing a double take right now. :laugh:

because of what i said?

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
you're equating women and children?

Oh puuuhhlleeeze :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You know exactly what he means, which is for the most part men are larger stronger than woman and, therefore, it is cad like behaviour for a man to hit a woman. Then again, if you think it is okay for a guy to hit a girl, so be it.

Johnny Stew
05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
All the feminists in the world are doing a double take right now. :laugh:Correct me if I'm wrong, but feminists have never condoned a man striking a woman. Unless I missed something or there's some kind of new "we want to be treated equally -- so slap us around all you want" rule.

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
because of what i said?No, because of what Stew said. Putting women and children in the same category is definitely not on their program. ;)

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:25 PM
. . . "we want to be treated equally -- so slap us around all you want" rule.

Sounds like a plan to me :angel: :angel: :angel:

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:26 PM
No, because of what Stew said. Putting women and children in the same category is definitely not on their program. ;)

They are both in general weaker than men :shrug:

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but feminists have never condoned a man striking a woman. Unless I missed something or there's some kind of new "we want to be treated equally -- so slap us around all you want" rule.Ofcourse not. But they also don't like women being portrayed as helpless.

Point of the matter is, and I hate repeating myself, but violence is never the answer, men hitting women, or women hitting men. It doesn't have anything to do with weight or height. :shrug:

carrie721
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh puuuhhlleeeze :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You know exactly what he means, which is for the most part men are larger stronger than woman and, therefore, it is cad like behaviour for a man to hit a woman. Then again, if you think it is okay for a guy to hit a girl, so be it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i don't think it's okay under all circumstances, but if i were a guy and a woman hit me :shrug:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but feminists have never condoned a man striking a woman. Unless I missed something or there's some kind of new "we want to be treated equally -- so slap us around all you want" rule.

oh god. whatever.

No, because of what Stew said. Putting women and children in the same category is definitely not on their program. ;)

i thought so, but then i second guessed myself. :laugh:

BTFLCHLD
05-23-2007, 03:33 PM
some kind of sh*t 30-odd year bullchit is what it is.

An interesting read http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/vi.htm

danax6
05-23-2007, 03:33 PM
They are both in general weaker than men :shrug:I feel like we've reversed roles here. Aren't you usually playing the devil's advocate? ;)

strandinthewind
05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I feel like we've reversed roles here. Aren't you usually playing the devil's advocate? ;)

I am sure I do not know what you mean - I am always just stating the facts :wavey: :wavey:

Johnny Stew
05-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Ofcourse not. But they also don't like women being portrayed as helpless.I'd be the last guy to portray a woman as being helpless -- I come from a family where the ratio of women to men is 3:1, and every one of those women could hold their own in any situation. However, there isn't a single instance where a man striking one of them would ever be even remotely acceptable, in my opinion.

Johnny Stew
05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
oh god. whatever.It was supposed to sound ridiculous.

gldstwmn
05-23-2007, 04:48 PM

Touche'. :laugh:

#1LiddyBuckFan
05-23-2007, 05:05 PM
30-odd year bullchit is what it is.

An interesting read http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/vi.htm

I understand the seriousness of the situation. I'm not defending violence.

jbrownsjr
05-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Ummm - I think John beat the hell out her, but that is just speculation. I base that on Stevie's saying that she and CM would hide in their condos when John would come over late at night enraged and drunk.

haha u think? she's gott bigger muscles and would have taken one of those boots and shoved it up hiz little arse...

i seriously doubt it... i've heard he was verbally abusive... but there's nothing stated in the memoirs that he got physical... maybe CAH will shed the light!!!:laugh:

jbrownsjr
05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Touche'. :laugh:

right!!?:)

Serrart
05-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Kudos to Christine, the strongest and wisest woman in FM who's been able, most of time, to get respect from the men she worked or had a love story with.

About the rest, I find really pathetic who try to justify, for any reason, men who get violent with women saying that they maybe have been provocated. This double standard for rockstars is sickening. Does anybody know what happened to Marie Trintignant?
Anyway I really hope LB hasn't been phisically violent with any women because that would bring my conception of him as a man close to zero.
By the way I won't buy CAH book as I didn't buy Mick's book. I prefer to see them as they're now and not to put my nose in those Pandora's vases.

Romy

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 06:09 PM

I also go the impression that Wong never really liked La Nicks or CM that much. But, that is just my speculation.

From what she told me it started right after they joined the band and it went on til TITN. After that Judy stopped working for them (they actually dedicated TITN to her).

Lindsey used to make a lot of fun of her songs (he called them "flakey"), made statements in the press like:"She had an infidelity problem" which of course pissed her off. Stevie was no saint either. I used to have a tape of some of the Tusk sessions where they argue over some songs. From what I could understand they were supposed to do a song by Stevie but she didn't bring the tape or whatever and then she goes:"So where are your songs, hotshot?". You hear somebody get up and slam the door. I assume it's Lindsey. I don't have that tape anymore, my recorder ate it (ok, I confess, I wore it out).

Judy was very font of Stevie and Christine. She was however closer to CM than to La Nicks because she had her own friends and entourage but I never got the impression that she didn't like her. She loved Stevie and as far as I know the feeling was mutual.

BTFLCHLD
05-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Is it known what Christine has been through? Or any of them for that matter? :confused:

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Who knows. Lindsey was more of a booze and pot kind of guy, never too big on the white stuff, and we all heard that as Stevie's cocaine addiction got worse, so got her attitude. The drama queen that she is, I can definitely see her reacting to certain things in a childish and unreasonable manner, which I am sure could get very aggravating at times. And then there was ofcourse the jealousy... on both sides. In one of those conversations between Sara Fleetwood and Beverly Vance it got brought up how Stevie reacted to other women and it wasn't pretty. Apparantly it instigated a lot of fights. She on the other hand has always said it was Lindsey that had a huge problem with her bringing other men around, that she could handle it.

Somehow I highly doubt she could handle it. Like you said, there was jealousy on both sides.

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 06:14 PM

Any comments?

I'm not a "insider", never was. I just happened to be crazy enough to call people and have 1200 dollar phonebills :laugh:

I think when Mick said:"It was a terrible betrayal" he meant that he never should've said it. He should've kept it private.

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM

Believe me when I say I would never defend a man who hits a woman. I've been in a very abusive relationship for almost 5 years and thank God I had the courage to leave. I know what I'm talking about. I'm only saying that Stevie was no saint either and neither was I, but that doesn't justify him hitting her or my ex hitting me (to a point that my own doctor didn't even recognize me).

danax6
05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Somehow I highly doubt she could handle it. Like you said, there was jealousy on both sides.Ofcourse. I never bought it when she said she could handle it. I mean, she once described one of "the worst nights in Fleetwood Mac" being when she walked in on Lindsey and Christine working on a song together (World Turning). If that was already too much... :shrug:

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Ofcourse. I never bought it when she said she could handle it. I mean, she once described one of "the worst nights in Fleetwood Mac" being when she walked in on Lindsey and Christine working on a song together (World Turning). If that was already too much... :shrug:

I remember that. She was jealous of the fact that he and Chris could work together and that their voices were so compatible, she felt left out. On the other hand it's understandable that she was insecure, after all they were after Lindsey and only because of him saying:"You need to take my gf too or else there's no deal" she was in. It's probably why she referred to herself to Fleetwood Mac's "extra housecat" :laugh:

It couldn't have been easy for either of them. The only footage I have of Lindsey flaunting his gf (CAH) in front of Stevie are the Rumours doc tapes in Japan and I was like:"I would've killed him... her... both". I'm sure it was the same for him when she was dating. Like they always say:"When you break up with somebody you don't see them the next day" but they had to work together...... How they got through that, is a mystery to me.

danax6
05-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I remember that. She was jealous of the fact that he and Chris could work together and that their voices were so compatible, she felt left out. On the other hand it's understandable that she was insecure, after all they were after Lindsey and only because of him saying:"You need to take my gf too or else there's no deal" she was in. It's probably why she referred to herself to Fleetwood Mac's "extra housecat" :laugh: Yes, that had certainly to do with a lot of things on a professional level, but on a personal level also. Here's the quote I was talking about:

"The worst time really for me was, when we were doing that first album, was that Lindsey had been writing World Turning and I really wanted... I was his girlfriend too, you know, so you’ve got to realize that made me extra sensitive. And I really wanted to help with the song and he turned away completely and asked Chris. And that was the worst night of me being in Fleetwood Mac, because I went out to the parking lot and sat in the car and cried because I couldn’t figure out why he would tell me no and tell her yes. And it wasn’t even Christine, it was Lindsey that I was really bummed with, because I was so hurt. Then I realized as the days and weeks went on after that, that if we were going to do this, I was going to have to share him a little bit. And I was going to have to back off, because Christine certainly, of all people, didn’t want to cause any trouble between Lindsey and me. Just her as a musician and singer and a really nice lady that was becoming a friend of Lindsey’s, probably the kind of friend that I never was, nor will I ever be... he could accept her in a lot of ways that he couldn’t accept me. Because I loved her, it was alright. If I hadn’t had liked Christine, it would have been impossible. I would have had to leave, because I would have been so jealous."

It couldn't have been easy for either of them. The only footage I have of Lindsey flaunting his gf (CAH) in front of Stevie are the Rumours doc tapes in Japan and I was like:"I would've killed him... her... both". I'm sure it was the same for him when she was dating. Like they always say:"When you break up with somebody you don't see them the next day" but they had to work together...... How they got through that, is a mystery to me.I hear ya. I would never have been able to do it. I would definitely have been the person that went "you, sit in the back", like Stevie was towards CAH on that plane. ;)

Chrislit18
05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
I still don't see how that excuses a 6' tall, 175lb guy hitting a 5'1", 115lb woman.

Bravo Johnny Stew...very well said :)

The Catdancer
05-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Yes, that had certainly to do with a lot of things on a professional level, but on a personal level also. Here's the quote I was talking about:

"The worst time really for me was, when we were doing that first album, was that Lindsey had been writing World Turning and I really wanted... I was his girlfriend too, you know, so you’ve got to realize that made me extra sensitive. And I really wanted to help with the song and he turned away completely and asked Chris. And that was the worst night of me being in Fleetwood Mac, because I went out to the parking lot and sat in the car and cried because I couldn’t figure out why he would tell me no and tell her yes. And it wasn’t even Christine, it was Lindsey that I was really bummed with, because I was so hurt. Then I realized as the days and weeks went on after that, that if we were going to do this, I was going to have to share him a little bit. And I was going to have to back off, because Christine certainly, of all people, didn’t want to cause any trouble between Lindsey and me. Just her as a musician and singer and a really nice lady that was becoming a friend of Lindsey’s, probably the kind of friend that I never was, nor will I ever be... he could accept her in a lot of ways that he couldn’t accept me. Because I loved her, it was alright. If I hadn’t had liked Christine, it would have been impossible. I would have had to leave, because I would have been so jealous."

I never read this, hmm interesting to say the least. She sounds kind of possesive to me:"I had to share him a little bit".

I hear ya. I would never have been able to do it. I would definitely have been the person that went "you, sit in the back", like Stevie was towards CAH on that plane. ;)

I would've told CAH to get lost :laugh: I don't think I have that part. At least I don't remember seeing them on a plane. I have one tape and I thought that it was all there was.

Tee Dee
05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
I never read this, hmm interesting to say the least. She sounds kind of possesive to me:"I had to share him a little bit".

...I don't think I have that part. At least I don't remember seeing them on a plane. I have one tape and I thought that it was all there was.

To my knowledge, there are 3 DVD's of footage - my copy is called Mick's Lost Japan Tapes. Maybe some of the rest of you have more footage and with a different name. :shrug:

Nico
05-23-2007, 09:50 PM
To my knowledge, there are 3 DVD's of footage - my copy is called Mick's Lost Japan Tapes. Maybe some of the rest of you have more footage and with a different name. :shrug:

I have some footage from the "Rumours" era where Lindsey appears to be hanging all over some blonde chick (CAH obviously)...at one point he pins her up against the wall while affectionately smothering her. And she seemed to be totally loving it.

jbrownsjr
05-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Yes, that had certainly to do with a lot of things on a professional level, but on a personal level also. Here's the quote I was talking about:

I hear ya. I would never have been able to do it. I would definitely have been the person that went "you, sit in the back", like Stevie was towards CAH on that plane. ;)

thanks dana... i barely remember that excerpt!

GardenStateGirlie
05-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Thank gawd I am not the only one that had to laugh about that. ;)

are you kidding? that's the first thing i noticed and i couldn't stop :laugh:

...the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

agreed 100%. however, i think over time, both lindsey and stevie have tried to burry specifics somewhere in their collective subconscious.

carrie721
05-24-2007, 12:07 AM
agreed 100%. however, i think over time, both lindsey and stevie have tried to burry specifics somewhere in their collective subconscious.

give a girl a bachelor's degree and she's talking like carl jung :rolleyes: :laugh:

JunkFoodGenius
05-24-2007, 12:58 AM

What 6' tall guy? Out of everything said on this thread, this is what makes me call shenanigans...:laugh:

carrie721
05-24-2007, 12:59 AM
What 6' tall guy? Out of everything said on this thread, this is what makes me call shenanigans...:laugh:

bwahahahaha!!!!!!

The Catdancer
05-24-2007, 01:14 AM

Really?? I have one 3 hour tape called 'Rumours documentary outtakes' and you only see them backstage in Japan. There's also a shot of Mick signing something and the woman asks in poor English where Stevie is and he says she's asleep. Oh, and there are interviews with Stevie and Christine. She cracks me up:"How does it feel to be a sex symbol?".
Chris:"I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks". :laugh:

JunkFoodGenius
05-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Not to add to the controversy, but I've always had this clear picture in my head of what that night was like.

<i>Mick, John, Christine are listening to Lindsey. Stevie is in the background.</i>

Lindsey: [Very quietly and stammering] And, uh...yeah, that...and that is why there is no way --
Stevie: Guys!
Lindsey: On god's green, green, green...mmm...green...ah...
Mick: Earth?
Lindsey: Ah, yeah! Sure!
Stevie: Hey! Guys! Look at me!
Lindsey: There, uh...there is no way on god's green earth that I...that I can tour.
Stevie: Guys, I'm TWIRLING! Are you seeing it? You're missing it!
John: Could you repeat that, Lindsey?
Stevie: Stop looking at Lindsey like you're going to kill him and look at me twirl!
Christine: Piss off!
Lindsey: [fearing the Pimp Hand of Christine]
Christine: Christ, Lindsey, not you. I'm trying to go through some shock, here.
Stevie: [comes to the group] Guys, I was doing something important and you missed it!
Mick: Stevie, Lindsey isn't going on tour.
Stevie: Uh uh!
Lindsey: I can't do it, Stevie.
Stevie: No! I won't let you!
John: How are you going to stop him, luv? Twirl back in time?
Stevie: [Begins to twirl furiously]
Mick: She's not really...?
Stevie: [singing] Twirling back in time...when you were mine...!
Christine: She's done this before. But it was to get out of a speeding ticket. Which was odd because I was the one who got the ticket in the first place.
John: Mick, you had a bloody camera throughout Japan...and not for this.
Lindsey: I, uh...I think I'm going to get out of here--
Stevie: I'VE ARRIVED! Lindsey, I'm here to save you! I am from the FUTURE and I am here to save you from a terrible mistake! [throws out hands, accidentally slapping Lindsey]
Lindsey: [Suddenly turns into stereotypical sassy black woman] Oh, bitch, I KNOW you just did not!

And thus began the altercation. And even though I was only seven and living in Idaho at the time, I have no doubt that my version is the most correctest.: :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: Violence is never funny. Stay in school! Don't do drugs!

The Catdancer
05-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Not to add to the controversy, but I've always had this clear picture in my head of what that night was like.

<i>Mick, John, Christine are listening to Lindsey. Stevie is in the background.</i>

Lindsey: [Very quietly and stammering] And, uh...yeah, that...and that is why there is no way --
Stevie: Guys!
Lindsey: On god's green, green, green...mmm...green...ah...
Mick: Earth?
Lindsey: Ah, yeah! Sure!
Stevie: Hey! Guys! Look at me!
Lindsey: There, uh...there is no way on god's green earth that I...that I can tour.
Stevie: Guys, I'm TWIRLING! Are you seeing it? You're missing it!
John: Could you repeat that, Lindsey?
Stevie: Stop looking at Lindsey like you're going to kill him and look at me twirl!
Christine: Piss off!
Lindsey: [fearing the Pimp Hand of Christine]
Christine: Christ, Lindsey, not you. I'm trying to go through some shock, here.
Stevie: [comes to the group] Guys, I was doing something important and you missed it!
Mick: Stevie, Lindsey isn't going on tour.
Stevie: Uh uh!
Lindsey: I can't do it, Stevie.
Stevie: No! I won't let you!
John: How are you going to stop him, luv? Twirl back in time?
Stevie: [Begins to twirl furiously]
Mick: She's not really...?
Stevie: [singing] Twirling back in time...when you were mine...!
Christine: She's done this before. But it was to get out of a speeding ticket. Which was odd because I was the one who got the ticket in the first place.
John: Mick, you had a bloody camera throughout Japan...and not for this.
Lindsey: I, uh...I think I'm going to get out of here--
Stevie: I'VE ARRIVED! Lindsey, I'm here to save you! I am from the FUTURE and I am here to save you from a terrible mistake! [throws out hands, accidentally slapping Lindsey]
Lindsey: [Suddenly turns into stereotypical sassy black woman] Oh, bitch, I KNOW you just did not!

And thus began the altercation. And even though I was only seven and living in Idaho at the time, I have no doubt that my version is the most correctest.: :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: Violence is never funny. Stay in school! Don't do drugs!

This isn't funny either :shrug:

danax6
05-24-2007, 04:57 AM
I have some footage from the "Rumours" era where Lindsey appears to be hanging all over some blonde chick (CAH obviously)...at one point he pins her up against the wall while affectionately smothering her. And she seemed to be totally loving it.I'll have to check again cause I don't remember that part, but I have hours of the Rumours footage on dvd somewhere. I know there are different sets of dvd's, some have more stuff than others.

danax6
05-24-2007, 05:11 AM
agreed 100%. however, i think over time, both lindsey and stevie have tried to burry specifics somewhere in their collective subconscious.Yes, definitely. Like I said, most of the stuff that they get asked about these days is laughable to them, and answered as vaguely as possibly. I don't think they're being vague entirely on purpose.

shackin'up
05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Yes, definitely. Like I said, most of the stuff that they get asked about these days is laughable to them, and answered as vaguely as possibly. I don't think they're being vague entirely on purpose.

85 % of their vagueness is a safe result of obvious easy to answer containerquestions. 90 percent of the interviewers never asks further, or does homework enough.

danax6
05-24-2007, 05:36 AM
85 % of their vagueness is a safe result of obvious easy to answer containerquestions. 90 percent of the interviewers never asks further, or does homework enough.Ofcourse, but much of that vagueness is also due to drug-induced memories and, like Marissa said, memories buried somewhere in their collective subconscious (which go hand in hand).

A wonderful example of Lindsey's vagueness:

Buckingham too started to come unscrewed, overwhelmed by frustrations about his relationship with Nicks, the way it ended, her position as crowd favourite at concerts. In March 1980, playing to 60,000 in Auckland, New Zealand while loaded with whisky (according to Fleetwood), he pulled his jacket over his head in grotesque imitation of Nicks’s drapes and started to ape her twirling moves. Then he ran across the stage and kicked her. Nicks carried on like a trouper.

In the dressing-room, head hung in shame, he was confronted by Christine McVie who slapped him and threw a glass of wine over him: “Don’t you ever do that to this band again! Ever! Is that clear?”

Buckingham can’t remember the events, but says, with bemusement: “Oh, I wouldn’t doubt that I mimicked Stevie on-stage. And kicked her? That could have happened too.”

Gailh
05-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Buckingham too started to come unscrewed, overwhelmed by frustrations about his relationship with Nicks, the way it ended, her position as crowd favourite at concerts. In March 1980, playing to 60,000 in Auckland, New Zealand while loaded with whisky (according to Fleetwood), he pulled his jacket over his head in grotesque imitation of Nicks’s drapes and started to ape her twirling moves. Then he ran across the stage and kicked her. Nicks carried on like a trouper.

In the dressing-room, head hung in shame, he was confronted by Christine McVie who slapped him and threw a glass of wine over him: “Don’t you ever do that to this band again! Ever! Is that clear?”

It's funny how Christine slapping Lindsey is never discussed in the same light as Lindsey slapping Stevie.

Gail

PS you wouldn't mess with her if she was mad would you?

strandinthewind
05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
It's funny how Christine slapping Lindsey is never discussed in the same light as Lindsey slapping Stevie.

Gail

PS you wouldn't mess with her if she was mad would you?

I know - La Nicks gets what she deserves and CM is totally justifed and venerated - go figure :laugh:

Interestingly, at both times, LB is doing something detrimental to the band.

danax6
05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
It's funny how Christine slapping Lindsey is never discussed in the same light as Lindsey slapping Stevie.I highlighted that because I remember someone saying a few pages ago that Christine never got 'physical'.

And please, Jason, stop insulting me by insinuating that I justify Lindsey's behaviour towards Stevie because she had it coming. I never said that. I only said there are two sides to one story. (Heck, in Fleetwood Mac's case there are apparantly 30 sides to one story. ;))

strandinthewind
05-24-2007, 08:21 AM
. . . And please, Jason, stop insulting me by insinuating that I justify Lindsey's behaviour towards Stevie because she had it coming. I never said that. I only said there are two sides to one story. (Heck, in Fleetwood Mac's case there are apparantly 30 sides to one story. ;))

I was not refering to you.

danax6
05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
I was not refering to you.Okay, good. :)

Gailh
05-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I highlighted that because I remember someone saying a few pages ago that Christine never got 'physical'.

I thought that was someone saying John never got physical (in the sense of being violent - I'm sure their relationship must have been physical on occasions!) with Christine but I may be wrong.

Gail

JunkFoodGenius
05-24-2007, 12:19 PM
This isn't funny either :shrug:

Which is why it's always good to be your own biggest fan. :)

The Catdancer
05-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I highlighted that because I remember someone saying a few pages ago that Christine never got 'physical'.

And please, Jason, stop insulting me by insinuating that I justify Lindsey's behaviour towards Stevie because she had it coming. I never said that. I only said there are two sides to one story. (Heck, in Fleetwood Mac's case there are apparantly 30 sides to one story. ;))

Good one :laugh:

Michelle Daya
05-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I know - La Nicks gets what she deserves and CM is totally justifed and venerated - go figure :laugh:

Interestingly, at both times, LB is doing something detrimental to the band.

ok truthfully, i don't think christine should have slapped lb. the wine in the face would have gotten the point across but she was probably drunk so. no excuse.

BUT a slap across the face (bad enough as it is) is not the same as bending someone over the hood of a car with two guys having to pull the aggressor off. no one had to pull christine off of lb (insert joke here) so i think the two are apples & oranges. only similar in that physical abuse is just wrong.

as for stevie asking for it? no way. she had the right to be pissed off & she shouldn't have gone after him but he went way too far & those guys should have broken it up long before he had her over the hood of that car. were they enjoying the show or something? :shrug: seriously love me some lb but he was wrong wrong wrong :nod:

ps. so was christine but i don't think a slap on the face would really inflict much damage, short or long-term. stevie said she thought lb was going to kill her & even though she's a drama queen, it sounded pretty serious (the two guys pulling him off) so there's a big difference between the two scenarios.

danax6
05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
BUT a slap across the face (bad enough as it is) is not the same as bending someone over the hood of a car with two guys having to pull the aggressor off. no one had to pull christine off of lb (insert joke here) so i think the two are apples & oranges.
Another account of this event (New Zealand) had someone saying bodyguards had to come in between to seperate the two parties. Lindsey vs. Christine & Stevie. So, once again, who knows. :shrug:

gypsysoul
05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
I remember hearing a radio show at the time where the presenter mentioned this incident.
He referred to Stevie jumping on Lindsey's back to prevent him walking out at which point LB is supposed to have grabbed her and pushed her away shouting at their managers to 'get this schizophrenic bitch off me'.
The presenter was not telling the story in a serious way. His tone was more 'hey these crazy rock stars huh'.

Elsewhere, I've read about how it was more a sad incident than a violent one. Although there was a physical altercation, the whole thing was more about Stevie crying and running after LB not wanting him to leave the band (and by association, her) and LB in turn being upset about her being so upset. Things then getting very emotional and heated, ending in some sort of physical contact and both of them breaking down and crying at how ugly everything had turned out for them.

So, it doesn't seem as if there is one version or perception of that day.

jbrownsjr
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM

I didn't say Christine never got physical... I said nobody really messed with her... and said i thought it was cool that she stood up for Stevie... those two still kind of stand up for each other even though they were completely different kinds of women..

I think there's 50 sides of any fleetwood mac story... and i don think anyone here is saying it's ok to hit women... we're just chatting about something that's kind of crazy... and now someone is writing a book about it...

i can honestly say... it's led to a great discussion...

strandinthewind
05-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I didn't say Christine never got physical... I said nobody really messed with her... and said i thought it was cool that she stood up for Stevie... those two still kind of stand up for each other even though they were completely different kinds of women . . . .

I often think CM at first thought "what the hell is this crazy woman doing" :laugh: I think La Nicks won her over though. I also think their inital bonds lasted forever and are still there to this day, though they rarely see or speak, etc. - - maybe mostly due to CM is no longer in the business. In the end, I wish so much that CM would do maybe a ten city tour with FM. I think the energy between the two would be palpable.

jbrownsjr
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
I often think CM at first thought "what the hell is this crazy woman doing" :laugh: I think La Nicks won her over though. I also think their inital bonds lasted forever and are still there to this day, though they rarely see or speak, etc. - - maybe mostly due to CM is no longer in the business. In the end, I wish so much that CM would do maybe a ten city tour with FM. I think the energy between the two would be palpable.

i think all three of them have a special bond... i sing in a jazz vocal ensemble and i've been singing with the same 7 people or so for 3 years.... (i'm tenor and bari) we have such a tight bond... we hate each other at times... but if someone messes with one of us... look out... imagine the bond of 20 plus years all over the world.........

gldstwmn
05-26-2007, 02:13 AM
It couldn't have been easy for either of them. The only footage I have of Lindsey flaunting his gf (CAH) in front of Stevie are the Rumours doc tapes in Japan and I was like:"I would've killed him... her... both". I'm sure it was the same for him when she was dating. Like they always say:"When you break up with somebody you don't see them the next day" but they had to work together...... How they got through that, is a mystery to me.

Hadn't she started her affair with Mick by then though?

BombaySapphire3
05-26-2007, 03:14 AM

It began on that leg of the tour .I can't recall if the Japan shows were before the New Zealand show where it began but anyway she had already been doing Don Henley for at least a year prior to that .

The Catdancer
05-26-2007, 03:56 AM

I don't think so. Didn't that start in 1979 during the Tusk tour?

danax6
05-26-2007, 04:30 AM
Hadn't she started her affair with Mick by then though?Yep. Makes you wonder, eh.

BombaySapphire3
05-26-2007, 04:30 AM
I don't think so. Didn't that start in 1979 during the Tusk tour?

Nope it started on the final leg of the Rumours tour in New Zealand if Mick is to be believed .The kicking .slapping and drink dousing incident happened there on the Tusk tour.

The Catdancer
05-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Nope it started on the final leg of the Rumours tour in New Zealand if Mick is to be believed .The kicking .slapping and drink dousing incident happened there on the Tusk tour.

You said it right: if Mick is to be believed. I know the slapping etc. happened during the Tusk tour. I doubt we'll ever know what, when, how etc. You could be right though.

danax6
05-26-2007, 07:02 AM
^I mostly take everything that is in Mick's book with a grain of salt also, but Stevie herself has said NZ/Oz also, and the only other time they were there besides the Tusk tour (when their affair was already long over) was in 1977.

aleuzzi
05-26-2007, 01:01 PM
I sense that whatever disfunctions persisted in their day to day interactions (and this includes violence against one another) the members of the Rumors line-up have come to terms with that and moved on. And if, for example, any member of the band continued to be violent towards another, I suspect it would be dealt with in a far more mature manner than any of them could have possibly done in 1976.

I think CAH's book will be an interesting read. But I don't think it will be particularly balanced journalism. Mick's book-- for all of its faults (such as crediting Station Man to Chris, insisting "Oh Daddy" was written for him, and taking some of the writing credit for the song "Tusk")--is largely accurate. Bob Welch has vouched for the portions involving him. Anbd LB though claiming not to recall some of the events in the TUTN breakup never fully denied them.

gldstwmn
05-27-2007, 02:52 AM
It began on that leg of the tour .I can't recall if the Japan shows were before the New Zealand show where it began but anyway she had already been doing Don Henley for at least a year prior to that .

Then remember the part where they are filming after the show and the band is all hanging out in front in the empty hall and she is talking about giving some little girl her diamond poncho and she's clearly feeling no pain and hanging all over some roadie? :laugh: Those Japan tapes are golden.

strandinthewind
05-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Then remember the part where they are filming after the show and the band is all hanging out in front in the empty hall and she is talking about giving some little girl her diamond poncho and she's clearly feeling no pain and hanging all over some roadie? :laugh: Those Japan tapes are golden.

I know - there is part of that clip in the DR doc or some other thing that aired on VH-1 around that time.