PDA

View Full Version : Doctor removes spiders from boy's ear (EEK!)

irishgrl
05-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Doctor finds spiders in boy's ear

Sun May 6, 6:18 PM ET

ALBANY, Ore. - These guys weren't exactly Snap, Crackle and Pop. What began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old boy's ear — "like Rice Krispies" — ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders made a home in the ear.

"They were walking on my eardrums," Jesse Courtney said.

One of the spiders was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal. His mother, Diane Courtney, said her son insisted he kept hearing a faint popping in his ear — "like Rice Krispies."

Dr. David Irvine said it looked like the boy had something in his ear when he examined him.

When he irrigated the ear, the first spider came out, dead. The other spider took a second dousing before it emerged, still alive. Both were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Jesse was given the spiders — now both dead — as a souvenir. He has taken them to school and his mother has taken them to work.

"It was real interesting, 'cause, two spiders in my ear — what next?" Jesse said.

ARRGH! I hate spiders but this is really strange!

danax6
05-07-2007, 08:46 AM
That's really gross! How the hell did they get in there? I'd have nightmares about this for weeks. :shocked:

ryan8472
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
holy **** i'm about to ****ing puke. :eek: :eek: :eek:

sara1998
05-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Poor kid... could you imagine? Not only did he have to go through the hell of spiders in his ears, but now he has to go through the hell of the media and everyone knowing about it.

Sarah
05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
no, seriously. **** that. i would die. i've had surgery on one of my ears before, so i'm already weird about my ears.... i couldn't handle that. i'd have nightmares about it for the rest of my life.

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-07-2007, 12:47 PM
::shudder::

paleshadow
05-07-2007, 02:38 PM
I wonder if they laid thousands of eggs in there before they got flushed out? :shocked:

irishgrl
05-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Poor kid... could you imagine? Not only did he have to go through the hell of spiders in his ears, but now he has to go through the hell of the media and everyone knowing about it.
I think YOU leaked this one :nod:

irishgrl
05-07-2007, 03:59 PM
no, seriously. **** that. i would die. i've had surgery on one of my ears before, so i'm already weird about my ears.... i couldn't handle that. i'd have nightmares about it for the rest of my life.
say, another thing we have in common!

skcin
05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
That's really gross! How the hell did they get in there? I'd have nightmares about this for weeks. :shocked:

This is why I sleep on my side with the covers pulled up over my ear. :o I'm dead serious.

irishgrl
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
my ear hurts. no joke. the right one :distress:

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Isn't it a fact that you might swallow spiders while sleeping??? I'm sure I read that somewhere and it totally grossed me out!

strandinthewind
05-07-2007, 09:57 PM
This is why I sleep on my side with the covers pulled up over my ear. :o I'm dead serious.

For me, I have to ckeck the inside of my shoes before I can put them on and almost all of my shoes have shoe trees.

Also, I had the Scotties this weekend (custody ya know) and Laine (the Pot Pie) had a tick on her ear IN MY BED - I shrieked, ripped off my red satin night shades, and ripped it off of her - YUCK!!!!!!!!!

michelle2677
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
For me, I have to ckeck the inside of my shoes before I can put them on and almost all of my shoes have shoe trees.

Also, I had the Scotties this weekend (custody ya know) and Laine (the Pot Pie) had a tick on her ear IN MY BED - I shrieked, ripped off my red satin night shades, and ripped it off of her - YUCK!!!!!!!!!

pwahahahahahahhahahhahaha!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

o.k. that was one of the most hilarious visuals I've had in a long time:lol: thanks :lol:

irishgrl
05-08-2007, 06:47 AM
pwahahahahahahhahahhahaha!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

o.k. that was one of the most hilarious visuals I've had in a long time:lol: thanks :lol:
Jason's all about the D.R.A.M.A. :lol:

red satin night shades--oh to be a fly on the wall :nod:

danax6
05-08-2007, 07:32 AM
This is why I sleep on my side with the covers pulled up over my ear. :o I'm dead serious.I'm lucky in that I live on the 4th floor and spiders usually don't take the time to climb all the way up there. At least, I've never seen one in my apartment before and I've lived there for more than 3 years now. The only bugs I get are the flying ones and that's only when I leave my balcony door open during the summer with the lights on at night. Never in my bedroom though. That room is locked up tight during bug season. :eek:

I never ever, ever, ever allow myself to think about bedbugs. YUCK.

strandinthewind
05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
The shades are monogramed with a script "L" :cool:

strandinthewind
05-08-2007, 10:07 AM
You do know you have to be careful in doing that as you can leave the tick's head under the skin?

I know - I used a hot needle first.

skcin
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any gayer.......

:lol:

strandinthewind
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any gayer.......

:lol:

You mean lazing around in silk bedclothes with two Scottie bitches isn't butch :eek:

JazmenFlowers
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
ewww...ticks...gross. little else grosses me out as much as ticks. well, and bedbugs.

the only problem I have in my house is ants. why the hell do they congregate around my kitchen sink? are they throwing some type of heaping party? and it's not cause I leave food or dirty dishes out. even when it's bleached within an inch of the hospital scale, they still sit back, drink a Tecate and laugh at me. I can't get rid of them this time of year.

gretchen
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
I have to go and puke now...

:eek: :eek:

DrummerDeanna
05-08-2007, 05:26 PM

And it's why I sleep with ear plugs.

Ok..that's not why...but an added benefit to sleeping with ear plugs is spiders are unlikely to set up shop in my ears.

irishgrl
05-08-2007, 05:43 PM
And it's why I sleep with ear plugs.

Ok..that's not why...but an added benefit to sleeping with ear plugs is spiders are unlikely to set up shop in my ears.
that, and you wont hear yourself SNORE!!!! (fess up!)

DrummerDeanna
05-08-2007, 06:27 PM
that, and you wont hear yourself SNORE!!!! (fess up!)

It does help in that....but actually I did start wearing them to not hear others snore...including my DOG. I'm a light sleeper AND I'm not a fan of critters nesting in my ears...

By the way, have you all read that statistic or whatever that pretty much everyone swallows like multiple spiders a year in their sleep. Gross.

irishgrl
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
It does help in that....but actually I did start wearing them to not hear others snore...including my DOG. I'm a light sleeper AND I'm not a fan of critters nesting in my ears...

By the way, have you all read that statistic or whatever that pretty much everyone swallows like multiple spiders a year in their sleep. Gross.
I read it but I doubt its true in my case, Im such a light sleeper also that I'd know. Plus I remember to set my force field every night :D

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-09-2007, 03:48 AM

I also wear ear plugs cause I'm such a light sleeper

#1LiddyBuckFan
05-09-2007, 09:36 AM
http://blogs.sify.com/enotes/images/smiley_scared.gif