PDA

View Full Version : Harrisburg Front Row

WelshWitchPMD
04-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I have 2 front row tickets for this show on Tuesday. These are not a pair but 2 separate tickets. If you are interested or have any questions please PM me or email me at WelshWitchPMD@yahoo.com

Mad4stevie
04-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know if these tickets are still available? Maybe someone else on the board has already snagged them.

I am trying to do some last minute planning if they are still up for grabs (i.e. getting a sub for my classes on Wednesday morning).

Who is going to the Harrisburg show anyway?

WelshWitchPMD
04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know if these tickets are still available? Maybe someone else on the board has already snagged them.

I am trying to do some last minute planning if they are still up for grabs (i.e. getting a sub for my classes on Wednesday morning).

Who is going to the Harrisburg show anyway?

I still have those tickets. My problem is that I won't be able to send them out in time for the show tomorrow. I am going to call the box office (if they are even open) to see if I can transfer them to someone else.
EDIT: I called and they are closed. Looks like I am stuck with them. Sorry.

Mad4stevie
04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I still have those tickets. My problem is that I won't be able to send them out in time for the show tomorrow. I am going to call the box office (if they are even open) to see if I can transfer them to someone else.

Pattie:

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if there is a way for them to re-issue them to me at the box office, even if you called them tomorrow when they open. Or maybe ticketmaster could re-issue them as an e-ticket? I have been wanting to get tickets for this show (hence the thread about Harrisburg tickets that I posted awhile back) because my new b-friend is a huge LB fan and this would be an awesome pre-birthday present for him. I wish there was a way to make this work!!!

Let me know if you think anything else can be done tomorrow a.m., which I can still work with. I appreciate all your help - I really do!!

Mad4stevie
04-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Pattie:

There is an option for you to transfer these tickets to me by calling the box office and asking them to transfer a "guest pass" to me that I would pick up before the show. I will send more details to you via PM and email. I would need to know by around 1 p.m. in order to make arrangements for traveling to the show. Please advise ASAP. Thanks!!!

BTFLCHLD
04-03-2007, 02:19 PM
sunoco is soldout.

mad4stevie...please let us know how the show is/was. Thanks!

Mad4stevie
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
sunoco is soldout.

mad4stevie...please let us know how the show is/was. Thanks!

I wish I could let you know . . . but I haven't heard from Pattie yet, so it is doubtful I will be able to go . . .

BTFLCHLD
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I wish I could let you know . . . but I haven't heard from Pattie yet, so it is doubtful I will be able to go . . .
oh dear...I will send her an email...maybe she will receive in time and get back with you. :sorry:

Mad4stevie
04-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Alas, it did not work out for me to go . . . but Pattie was very helpful in trying to accomplish this for me. Thank you Pattie!

I hope there is at least one Ledgie who is going to this show and can provide details because the venue itself is excellent, and I would love to hear about it!

WelshWitchPMD
04-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Alas, it did not work out for me to go . . . but Pattie was very helpful in trying to accomplish this for me. Thank you Pattie!

I hope there is at least one Ledgie who is going to this show and can provide details because the venue itself is excellent, and I would love to hear about it!

Sorry that it didn't work out. She was already to transfer them to you and then she puts me on hold and comes back and says that it can't be done. WTF??

#1LiddyBuckFan
04-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Did anyone from the board go???? :confused:

Tango
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Publication: Patriot-News, The (Harrisburg, PA)
Author(s): KIRA L. SCHLECHTER Of The Patriot-News
Date: April 4, 2007
Page: B06

Fleetwood Mac artist shines in solo act

It's unfair to merely refer to Lindsey Buckingham as the guitarist and one of the singer-songwriters in Fleetwood Mac, because the enormity of that tends to overshadow the extraordinary, eccentric talent of the man on his own.

Last night's sold-out show at Harrisburg's Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts was a rare treat. Buckingham performed in an intimate theater as opposed to the arenas his band inhabits on their tours. Along with his solo work, he selected both signature, melodic Mac material as well as the band's more experimental songs.

Starting out alone for "Not Too Late" and continuing solo for a sparsely arranged "Trouble" and the Mac hit "Never Going Back Again," Buckingham's quirky, raspy voice and remarkable guitar virtuosity set a standard of excellence that did not flag.

He treats songs as works in progress, evolving them, never satisfied with one way of looking at them. He takes the music on flights with his guitar work, but never meanders.

Joined by his equally capable band -- guitarist Neale Haywood, percussionist Walfredo Reyes Jr. and guitarist-bassist Brett Tuggle -- Buckingham crackled on "Second Hand News," was ringing and pure on "Cast Away Dreams" and was typically "strange," as he called his songs, on the Mac track "Red Rover."

"It Was You" was as joyous as "Red Rover" was cynical; Buckingham's love song to his family sweet but never cloying. A snarling "Big Love" was a highlight -- and they were really too numerous to mention -- as was a sinister "Go Insane" and a transcendent "Under the Skin." Mac's "World Turning," set to a big, beefy groove, led into a multi-echoed percussion solo by Reyes.

An infectious "Know I'm Not Wrong" was followed by a slowed-down, eerie take on Mac's "Tusk," Tuggle's keyboards taking the place of the University of Southern California Trojans marching band to great effect. Buckingham closed with a glorious "Go Your Own Way," letting people strum his guitar at the end, his glee infectious.

Coming back for an encore that included a bouncy "Holiday Road," an airy "Turn It On" and a delicate "Show You How," Buckingham wrapped things up, once again alone, with a confessional and intimate "Shut Us Down," its line "I will stay around as long as I can" feeling very much like a promise to his audience.

KIRA L. SCHLECHTER: 257-4763 or kschlechter@patriot-news.com