PDA

View Full Version : Stevie/Fleetwood Mac Sighting (heh)

jannieC
03-29-2007, 06:03 PM
As some of you already know, I am interning in a psych hospital as a therapist on the child/adolescent unit. Today after group, I was talking to one of my patients about his upcoming family session tomorrow when he said, "All I know is that I'd *better* get the greatest CD from Fleetwood Mac-my favorite band in the world- from my parents when I get out of here". I did a double take and said, "Do you know something about me that I should know about?" And he said, "Well, you're wearing a moon necklace and I know that's about Stevie Nicks!" :)

How funny is that? He's only 18 years old- half the people I work with, not to mention the kids, don't even know who Stevie/FM is! I thought it was very cool, but as I've been typing this out I wonder if I should be worried? :confused:

estranged4life
03-29-2007, 06:10 PM
As some of you already know, I am interning in a psych hospital as a therapist on the child/adolescent unit. Today after group, I was talking to one of my patients about his upcoming family session tomorrow when he said, "All I know is that I'd *better* get the greatest CD from Fleetwood Mac-my favorite band in the world- from my parents when I get out of here". I did a double take and said, "Do you know something about me that I should know about?" And he said, "Well, you're wearing a moon necklace and I know that's about Stevie Nicks!" :)

How funny is that? He's only 18 years old- half the people I work with, not to mention the kids, don't even know who Stevie/FM is! I thought it was very cool, but as I've been typing this out I wonder if I should be worried? :confused:

and funny too, especially the part about the moon necklace.

When I saw FM in 2003 in OKC, across the aisle from me was a girl, who I would say was about 11-12 years old and she was singing along to each song (Including the SYW material).

I glanced over towards her as we both sang along and nodded my approval and she nodded back with a big grin.

On a related note: I was going through the liner notes on an older cassette by the 80's AOR band "Hericane Alice" (The album is "Tear the House Down"), and just about anyone associated with the Stevie Nicks camp during the mid/late 80's was listed under the "Thank You" section - Including Stevie too.

sara1998
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Cute stories guys... thanks for sharing. Made me smile!

jannieC
03-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Cute stories guys... thanks for sharing. Made me smile!

Where the heck have you been- I miss you!

BTFLCHLD
03-29-2007, 07:41 PM
great stories :D

gretchen
03-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Both stories are really cute. :nod:

irishgrl
03-30-2007, 12:12 AM
weird........I wear a Moon Necklace but its not about Stevie....Its Pagan/Wiccan and Im proud of it!!! Us Pagans/Wiccans were around long before Stevie capitalized on the symbolism ya know?

jannieC
03-30-2007, 05:54 AM
weird........I wear a Moon Necklace but its not about Stevie....Its Pagan/Wiccan and Im proud of it!!! Us Pagans/Wiccans were around long before Stevie capitalized on the symbolism ya know?

I once had a woman ask me if it was worn for Wiccan symbolism. :nod:

sara1998
03-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Where the heck have you been- I miss you!

I've been here! You have my messenger handle!

tommer
04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
i had 2 excellent "sightings" recently! i really love those little mac "encounters", coz they remind me that even here, i'm not the only fan around.

first one: 1. last week, late morning, and I'm still in the traffic jam to the city. since my huge coffee requires like half a pack of Camels, I've my windows open, and since the caffeine has already kicked in, i'm already while my regular driving ritual. it's the company's car and i don't care about the speakers that much, plus, the higher the volume is - the less i hear myself screaming along so loudly, while banging the wheel drums along TISL.
so anyway, suddenly i notice this couple in a nice green Golf driving next to me, trying to grab my attention, and when i realize it, i start smiling, so they look and really laugh back, and the guy shouts "stevie nicks eh?" overjoyed, i give him a nice thumbup in return and make a funny face, before we both move along.

second one: it's friday, and i'm going with friends for our weekly meeting at our favorite hummus bar. the place is packed, so we gotta wait outside for a few minutes, but i'm great, coz i hear them play go your own way inside. by the time they reached gypsy we were already seated, and i notice one of the waitresses who starts singing to herself and practically dancing her way between the tables... and this girl is probably younger than that song, and still she seemed very connected to it, and so sweet. too bad i didn't get to talk to her then, and i don't think i've seen her there since, too bad she didn't serve us, she could have gotten her best tip that day. eventually while everywhere the cd started skipping so they changed it.