PDA

View Full Version : things that make you go "bitch!"

JazmenFlowers
03-25-2007, 01:29 AM
got something you hate about your job or something related to your job that you want to get off your chest? let 'er rip.

I'll go first. I hate that I have to bill. for those of you not familiar with the legal world and billing, in law firms, attorneys and paralegals must account for their time worked on a case so that the client can be billed and the firm can be paid. so, you see how important it is, but you also can understand how taxing it can be to keep up with 20 mins here, 5 mins there and this phone call and that email...and then enter it into a program at the end of the day...omg. I hate it.

amber
03-25-2007, 01:49 AM
^^^

In my law office management and procedures class, I learned that you have to spend all day keeping track of your time. You have to keep track of every second. And some bill in 15 minute increments, and some in six minutes, and blah. It seemed to me that just keeping track of your "productivity" would be a huge drain on your productivity. Like, you're on the phone, and everything is fast, and you work on stuff and then switch what you are working on, at any moment, and you're supposed to keep track of that shizz. Good lawd. Oh, and you are reviewed on your client time v. your other time. It was a whole heinous chapter that scared the **** out of me. :p

Okay, at my job...my boss is nearly retarded. He can't read, and he can't remember things for more than 20 seconds, if that. He's really nice. But...he really can't practically read. I bring him stuff, and say "so this says such and such" encapsulating it for him, to make it easy. But no, instead, he has to read it himself, which takes 45 times longer than anyone else who has ever read anything.
Also, he tells me to do things that I have been doing for years, and that were incredibly simple in the first place, and says "do you see what I'm saying?" afterwords. :mad:
You ****ing told me to order paper, dude, which I've been doing for three years, and in which none of the words involved are hard to understand. Look, I'm not like you, I remember things, and can read.
It drives me over the edge. All I do is order paper and supplies, and do A/R. So why would someone say "order paper for this job" and then ask if I understood? Like, which part is confusing? Order. Paper. For. Job. :rolleyes:
Seriously, I'm not like you, boss, I can remember for more than forty seconds, and things like "ordering paper" and "reading" and "remembering things" aren't complex for me like they are for you. Serious.
I'm sure any who know me can understand how slow ready, repeat himself, never remember anything boss would be frustrating to me.

JazmenFlowers
03-25-2007, 01:56 AM
yeah, you're billable time vs. your admin time really effects the chances of a decent raise each year. it also determines who's "valuable" in the firm...

and what pisses me off is when I see how much money I make the firm vs. how much I get paid. I think I make my firm $250K per year. yeah. go figure.

and your boss sounds like a total ****tard.

amber
03-25-2007, 02:20 AM
yeah, you're billable time vs. your admin time really effects the chances of a decent raise each year. it also determines who's "valuable" in the firm...

and what pisses me off is when I see how much money I make the firm vs. how much I get paid. I think I make my firm $250K per year. yeah. go figure.

and your boss sounds like a total ****tard.

Yeah, that's what I got from my class. We had to make a whole earnings spreadsheet, and calculate who made what for the firm, and all the shizz.

He's not a f*cktard, is the whole problem. He's so nice, just hella dumb. He understands printing, though. His dad owned the shop before him. He thinks okay in pictures, just not anything else.
I have to breath deep and rearange my face to talk to him. There is however, another ****tard who works in my office. He's the main admin guy. He played drums for USC on the Tusk recording. He thinks he knows more than everyone, and is so clever, but he's so not funny, and likes to say how FM is lame, and how Mick is a hack drummer, and how everyone at USC thought Mick was lame, and blah. You know those guys who like punk who think they are too cool for everything, even though punk barely has any actual musicality? Yeah, that's him. Oh, and of course, every one of those three guys in my office talks over the other, and thinks they're saying something more clever, when none of them are.
Turd. Fest. :laugh:

strandinthewind
03-25-2007, 08:21 AM
I HATE having to keep time. But, if I were getting paid the hourly amount they actually billed me at, I'd like it alot more :laugh:

As for bitching - when people miss a turn while driving and, instead of owning it and just driving around the block, they's rather invonvenience everyone else and cut across lanes of traffic and then BACK UP - FUKCTARDS :mad:

markolas
03-25-2007, 09:28 AM
I resent the fact that I even have a job. I want to go back to school this year, and I need to get the ball rolling on that. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to last at my current job. Processing annuitization requests has got to be the most boring thing ever. At first, they thought I was pretty good at it, but after three months, my performance is starting to slip.

SortaSavageLike
03-25-2007, 10:15 AM
When the Alien Queen is chasing my surrogate daughter through the bowels of my spaceship and I'm trying to stop her in my groovy yellow powerloader. I hate it when that happens! :p

LikeAWillow
03-25-2007, 10:38 AM
God I could use a good chance to work bitch, thanks for the thread, Jazzy :xoxo:

So the other day, my manager Karen calls me into the office and informs me that the department of human resources wants her to write me up. She was choosing instead to give me a verbal warning but if I "repeated my offense" there would be serious action taken. Would anyone like to know what horrible wrong I committed? I took a 12 minute break instead of a full 15 because the desk was absolutely pounded with business and I felt horrible leaving them briefly understaffed.

markolas
03-25-2007, 10:49 AM
God I could use a good chance to work bitch, thanks for the thread, Jazzy :xoxo:

So the other day, my manager Karen calls me into the office and informs me that the department of human resources wants her to write me up. She was choosing instead to give me a verbal warning but if I "repeated my offense" there would be serious action taken. Would anyone like to know what horrible wrong I committed? I took a 12 minute break instead of a full 15 because the desk was absolutely pounded with business and I felt horrible leaving them briefly understaffed.

I cannot stand micromanagement crap like that. I've had jobs where I've had to deal with being bitched out for being six minutes late, and I typically quit after a month or two, usually without giving any notice. :laugh:

LikeAWillow
03-25-2007, 10:55 AM
I cannot stand micromanagement crap like that. I've had jobs where I've had to deal with being bitched out for being six minutes late, and I typically quit after a month or two, usually without giving any notice. :laugh:

It's so ridiculous. The only reason I'm still there is because I don't have my drivers license and my best friend works there also, meaning I get a free ride each day. If there was a place close to home that I could walk to, I'd be gone in a second. And you're right, f*ck giving them notice :laugh:

carrie721
03-25-2007, 10:59 AM

OMG.

i ****ing hate that kind of bureaucratic bull****.

JazmenFlowers
03-25-2007, 11:36 AM
I have to breath deep and rearange my face to talk to him.
must.remember.this.tip.

wow. that is some serious bull****. what did you say? did your manager say anything about it being BS?

LikeAWillow
03-25-2007, 11:58 AM
must.remember.this.tip.

wow. that is some serious bull****. what did you say? did your manager say anything about it being BS?

My manager said that she hated doing things like that but insisted that they were necessary and I just kind of shrugged and said, "Alright, next time we're swamped, I'll make sure I stay away as long as possible." Of course that got me another 5 minutes of lecturing.

carrie721
03-25-2007, 12:17 PM
My manager said that she hated doing things like that but insisted that they were necessary and I just kind of shrugged and said, "Alright, next time we're swamped, I'll make sure I stay away as long as possible." Of course that got me another 5 minutes of lecturing.

lame child labor laws. those stupid breaks were the most frustrating thing when i was working in HS. if i'm working a 5 hr shift or whatever, i don't want to waste 15 minutes of it taking a break :rolleyes:

markolas
03-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Of course that got me another 5 minutes of lecturing.

Oh, hell no. I would've turned around and walked out. I put up with crap like that in junior high because I didn't have a choice; I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with it now. I am not 13, and you will not talk to me like I am.

catinthedark
03-25-2007, 12:51 PM

k - i just so don't get this kind of thinking. i work a 10-hour shift. i eat lunch and dinner at work. both at my desk. we are totally self-policing, which is really nice. if it's a slow day, i CAN leave for an hour (but that never happens). we're supposed to take a half hour break at some point in the day, but truth is, you don't always get to - and you can't just leave the desk if your reporters are calling in, or you have a deadline to meet. to me, it is more admirable to STAY and work when it's busy than to say fukc it, i'm going on break. :shrug:

carrie721
03-25-2007, 01:00 PM
k - i just so don't get this kind of thinking. i work a 10-hour shift. i eat lunch and dinner at work. both at my desk. we are totally self-policing, which is really nice. if it's a slow day, i CAN leave for an hour (but that never happens). we're supposed to take a half hour break at some point in the day, but truth is, you don't always get to - and you can't just leave the desk if your reporters are calling in, or you have a deadline to meet. to me, it is more admirable to STAY and work when it's busy than to say fukc it, i'm going on break. :shrug:

i agree with you, but i think the reason they're so strict about it is that marissa's a minor. every employer i've ever had has been really meticulous about making sure minors get breaks b/c the law is so stringent.

catinthedark
03-25-2007, 01:06 PM
i agree with you, but i think the reason they're so strict about it is that marissa's a minor. every employer i've ever had has been really meticulous about making sure minors get breaks b/c the law is so stringent.

oooooh. didn't know that. makes (a bit) more sense now. :)

carrie721
03-25-2007, 01:18 PM
oooooh. didn't know that. makes (a bit) more sense now. :)

yeah. i think think it's stupid, i mean, what 16 or 17 year old can't work 5 hours straight? but that's probably why they're being assholes about it.

michelle2677
03-25-2007, 01:33 PM
does anyone really want to know the things about MY job that I don't like?? haha..

1. alright. I hate lab work. it's so boring and tedious. I'd rather be in the field with blood and guts.

2. I hate taking impressions all together. Especially when people throw up on me.

3. I hate when I get stuck up at the front desk answering the phone. see number 1

4. I hate doing root canal treatments. I mean, they are interesting during some parts. mostly when the actual nerve is removed and i get to inspect it. but the rest is sooooooooooooooo boring. I just sit there. and every once in awhile we irrigate and I get to suction. BO-RING.

that's all for now. I'm sure i'll think of more. Those are only small parts of my job, so overall i love it. And thankfully my boss hates doing root canals also, so it's all good :thumbsup: