PDA

View Full Version : Rick Vito Vs. Billy Burnette..... Your preference.

Musicman408
02-25-2007, 11:13 AM
So, of these two fabulous musicians, whom do you prefer with the work in the Mac???? Feel free to discuss.

Much Love,
Ethan

Musicman408
02-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I voted for Billy, although I really love Rick's work on Love Is Dangerous. I LUUUREVE that song.:nod:

SteveMacD
02-25-2007, 06:26 PM
I love 'em both. I had to vote Billy, though, because he sounded great with THREE other singers, where Rick sounded great with only TWO other singers. My two favorite songs from this era would have to be "When The Sun Goes Down," and "Talkin' To My Heart."

Miss Vicky
02-25-2007, 06:50 PM
The obvious choice.

Johnny Stew
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I went with Rick.
Billy's terrific, but I've never been much of a country fan... so Rick's style appeals to me more.

EveryHour
02-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Hmmm...

I have to say my overall preference is Rick. I prefer Billy's songwriting, though. Rick gets me more on the guitar and voice, and I love Love Is Dangerous too!

chiliD
02-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Since I know Rick (on an acquaintance basis), I'm a bit biased. I haven't met Billy in person, yet.

Plus, I'm in awe of Rick's guitar prowess.

Villavic
02-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I loved Rick since I saw his performance of Another Woman in Tango video. No more comments.

macfan 57
02-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I voted for Billy. I really like his BTM work & he played on "Love Shines" too.

michaelD
02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I voted for Rick...
Talented guitar player, his solo album was good (King Of Hearts?), another version on the Tango tour... I think it rocks...

Now,
I think Billy has it in his blood... and might have more longevity(sp?)

Miss Vicky
03-14-2007, 09:21 AM
We have a new troll in our midst.

Lucky us.

chiliD
03-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I voted for Rick...
Talented guitar player, his solo album was good (King Of Hearts...

You make it sound as though Rick only has one solo album. If you think King Of Hearts is good, check out:

Pink & Black
Lucky Devils
Crazy Cool
Bandbox Boogie
Rattlesnake Shake

...as well.

billwebster
03-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I quite like the result of this being a tie, so I haven't voted in it.
Since I prefer Rick's guitar over Billy's, but it's Billy's songwriting that got me into FM in the 1st place, my vote would have to go to Billy, though. It's just that I'd love to hear him do a pop record again, after all those rockabilly discs. Yes, I do enjoy rockabilly, but some additional variety would do a lot of good to Billy's back catalogue. (I think Coming Home and All Night Long are his best discs.)
Rick's solo material hasn't been as likeable for me, so I just got a used copy of King Of Hearts, though I try to like his albums every time a new one appears in the store, by having a listen right there, but no 2nd Rick album made it into my collection. May he stay away from Jump Blues and Acoustic Blues, and move a bit into the pop direction as well, and that might change rapidly.

chiliD
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM
I May he stay away from Jump Blues and Acoustic Blues, and move a bit into the pop direction as well, and that might change rapidly.

Sure...have the guy go in a direction that is opposite of his strengths...good move. :cool:

And, you would've had Stevie Ray Vaughan go ahead & tour with David Bowie in 1983 instead of record his first album with Double Trouble, too, eh? :shrug:

Johnny Stew
03-14-2007, 04:03 PM
We have a new troll in our midst.

Lucky us.I deleted the spam. :)

Matthew
04-21-2007, 01:48 PM
I don´t know. Well, Tango Video is the best mac´s video for me (but probably thanks to Stevie:D ). Billy is great singer and Rick is great guitarist.....:shrug:

Musicman408
04-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I don´t know. Well, Tango Video is the best mac´s video for me (but probably thanks to Stevie:D ). Billy is great singer and Rick is great guitarist.....:shrug:

I LOOOOOVE the Tango video. I really like when at the beginning of the chain when they start singing and they have that close-up of Stevie. It's GREAT!!!

Matthew
04-23-2007, 04:46 AM
I LOOOOOVE the Tango video. I really like when at the beginning of the chain when they start singing and they have that close-up of Stevie. It's GREAT!!!
But I miss Rhiannon, Gypsy... there, it would be better with more songs not only Stevie´s... it has only 60 minutes...

These times was best!!! I think Stevie had amazing voice there.

AliceLover
04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
But I miss Rhiannon, Gypsy... there, it would be better with more songs not only Stevie´s... it has only 60 minutes...

True, but we got more TITN songs, which is cool....

I chose Rick obviously because he is 100000x better than Billy. :laugh:

Seriously though, Rick is such an awesome player.

Sahara
04-23-2007, 05:36 PM

Absolutely. I love the editing on the Tango video, it's much more than just the usual concert video, it's just so much more creative in how it's all put together. The only problem is that Lindsey wasn't there.... :distress: Oh I miss the hotness :D

I think the comment that Rick is a good guitarist and Billy is a good singer is quite accurate :nod:

Villavic
02-14-2022, 11:27 PM

Weird that a concert lasts 60 minutes. Sure they excluded several songs in the video.

HomerMcvie
02-14-2022, 11:37 PM
I voted for Rick, because he's more talented, but it was really a toss up. I'm one of the few that really likes Billy's voice. I think he's got a "sweet" voice, like Christine, and blends perfektly with her.

But Rick sings well, and is a bad ass on guitar, so based on that, he won my vote(with all due respect to Billy).

FuzzyPlum
02-15-2022, 03:42 AM
I've just voted for Billy. I didn't really like BTM but given the choice, I think I'd prefer Billy's material on that record a bit more. It's more pop oriented and fits in slightly more with the FM style. I think Time is a slightly better album and Billy largely carries that record.

For me, I've never shaken the belief Rick is a great session player, whereas Billy should have been a bigger star.

Love Shines and Heart of Stone seal it for me. Those tracks supposedly do not feature Rick. Had that line up continued as a foursome I'd feel confident I'd have liked their output.

FuzzyPlum
02-15-2022, 03:46 AM
Ps... Its funny reading through all these old posts of people praising the Tango video. I'm one of those people who find it absolutely dreadful... the camera doesn't dwell on anything for more than 2 seconds before it segues into a different shot....throughout the entire concert. Stop messing with my head!!!!!!

Macfan4life
02-15-2022, 06:20 AM
Neither one is a great singer. Rick is a better guitarist but because I have seen Billy work with Mick with the Zoo and with Christine and Stevie solo work, I am partial to Billy because he is the "comfort" player.

It is funny how the older posts praise the Tango video concert. We discussed that recently on another thread. Its just a cut/paste, and snipped together concert scenes video rather than a live concert. The lip syncing, the posing for cameras, and the edited in concert crowds is just too much for me. Its a time capsule why the 80s music sucked so bad.

bwboy
02-15-2022, 06:23 AM
I voted for Rick, because he's more talented, but it was really a toss up. I'm one of the few that really likes Billy's voice. I think he's got a "sweet" voice, like Christine, and blends perfektly with her.

But Rick sings well, and is a bad ass on guitar, so based on that, he won my vote(with all due respect to Billy).

I almost wrote the same thing, word for word! The only difference was, I voted for Billy. I finally went with Billy based on the preponderance of material on BTM- In the Back of My Mind, When It Comes to Love, and the beautiful duet with Christine Do You Know. I also LOVE Game of Love, the demo that didn’t make it on the album. Rick’s guitar work is absolutely amazing, and I also love the way he handles himself on stage. Fleetwood Mac was fortunate to have them both.

Macfan4life
02-15-2022, 06:26 AM
Ps... Its funny reading through all these old posts of people praising the Tango video. I'm one of those people who find it absolutely dreadful... the camera doesn't dwell on anything for more than 2 seconds before it segues into a different shot....throughout the entire concert. Stop messing with my head!!!!!!
Its a video rather than a concert. So much of it is lip synced and only the far, far away shots are actual concert footage. There is live concert footage edited in but you can see they performed without an audience and shot their close ups and then edited in the crowd clapping. Its horrible.
At least Red Rocks is so bad its funny good. Tango is just annoying as s**t.

HomerMcvie
02-15-2022, 10:35 AM
I've just voted for Billy. I didn't really like BTM but given the choice, I think I'd prefer Billy's material on that record a bit more. It's more pop oriented and fits in slightly more with the FM style. I think Time is a slightly better album and Billy largely carries that record.

For me, I've never shaken the belief Rick is a great session player, whereas Billy should have been a bigger star.

Love Shines and Heart of Stone seal it for me. Those tracks supposedly do not feature Rick. Had that line up continued as a foursome I'd feel confident I'd have liked their output.

Well, let's face the facts....inside or outside of FM, NEITHER one of them ever "made it big" as anything but a sideman. Billy has quite a few solo albums, but I don't know if he ever had even a minor hit.

He regularly posts on FB, and almost NOBODY even likes his posts. It makes me feel sorry for him. He posts Tango pics of him and $tevie(and occasionally Christine) and even then, maybe 10 people care.

On Ice
02-17-2022, 08:37 AM
Rick did some great guitar work live and some on BTM, especially on Save Me and the end of Freedom. I agree that Billy blended well with Christine and at least one gem in Do You Know came through on the album. I felt though writing wise and singing Rick was there more to prop up Stevie and give her some fiery (Love is Dangerous- succeeds) and sentimental (The Second Time- fails) and his time alone was fairly bland. I also give Billy some kudos for the risks he took with In the Back of My Mind, which I used to turn up loud and loved to listen to. Rick and Stevie's best work came a couple years later in the smoking hot Desiree. As for Time though, Billy was fairly generic and nothing particularly memorable. I haven't paid much attention to Rick since the solo album.

BLY
02-17-2022, 11:16 AM
Rick did some great guitar work live and some on BTM, especially on Save Me and the end of Freedom. I agree that Billy blended well with Christine and at least one gem in Do You Know came through on the album. I felt though writing wise and singing Rick was there more to prop up Stevie and give her some fiery (Love is Dangerous- succeeds) and sentimental (The Second Time- fails) and his time alone was fairly bland. I also give Billy some kudos for the risks he took with In the Back of My Mind, which I used to turn up loud and loved to listen to. Rick and Stevie's best work came a couple years later in the smoking hot Desiree. As for Time though, Billy was fairly generic and nothing particularly memorable. I haven't paid much attention to Rick since the solo album.

I agree with all of you points as it relates to Billy and Ricks contributions to Fleetwood Mac. I have all Billy’s and Rick’s solo releases….I like most of Billy’s but every one of Rick’s are amazing. I wish they would have just had Billy and Rick do the last MAC tour. It would have at least made some sense for “the legacy”

HomerMcvie
02-17-2022, 02:19 PM
I agree with all of you points as it relates to Billy and Ricks contributions to Fleetwood Mac. I have all Billy’s and Rick’s solo releases….I like most of Billy’s but every one of Rick’s are amazing. I wish they would have just had Billy and Rick do the last MAC tour. It would have at least made some sense for “the legacy”

I'd give anything if I had screen shot Billy's rant, the morning he found out they weren't invited(he deleted it shortly, before I thought to save it). He was pissed!

On Ice
02-17-2022, 05:04 PM
The BTM era I think was treated similar to Bob Welch. After the Dance, it was "let's pretend Behind the Mask and Time didn't happen". Notwithstanding All Over Again surfacing on the Finn/Campbell tour. It would've been interesting to reunite that line up though as it did have potential and who knows where it would've gone after licking the wounds of the BTM sales and learning from its flaws- writing and production.

bwboy
02-17-2022, 07:05 PM
The BTM era I think was treated similar to Bob Welch. After the Dance, it was "let's pretend Behind the Mask and Time didn't happen". Notwithstanding All Over Again surfacing on the Finn/Campbell tour. It would've been interesting to reunite that line up though as it did have potential and who knows where it would've gone after licking the wounds of the BTM sales and learning from its flaws- writing and production.

I really would have loved it if Rick and Billy had been invited back… but I bet Rick would have said no and didn’t Billy have heart bypass surgery shortly after Neil and Mike joined? So the tour wouldn’t have happened if he had rejoined. 3 or 4 people here blamed Stevie and Mick for Lindsey’s heart attack, but not for Billy’s. John and Christine escaped blame, though. But I could be wrong about the timeline of Billy’s health. Fortunately, like Lindsey, he lived through it. Lindsey’s health got way more press and attention than Billy- I know Lindsey made an incredible recovery, but I’m not sure how well Billy really bounced back.

HomerMcvie
02-17-2022, 07:14 PM
I really would have loved it if Rick and Billy had been invited back… but I bet Rick would have said no and didn’t Billy have heart bypass surgery shortly after Neil and Mike joined? So the tour wouldn’t have happened if he had rejoined. 3 or 4 people here blamed Stevie and Mick for Lindsey’s heart attack, but not for Billy’s. John and Christine escaped blame, though. But I could be wrong about the timeline of Billy’s health. Fortunately, like Lindsey, he lived through it. Lindsey’s health got way more press and attention than Billy- I know Lindsey made an incredible recovery, but I’m not sure how well Billy really bounced back.

That would have been a truer ending to the band, if they'd been invited back into the band. I'll bet Rick would have said yes. FM was fading away back when he left the band. They're big again now. Everyone wants to go out on top.

I forget the exact timeline, but you're right. Billy had surgery either right before the tour began, or right as it began.

You know....STEVIE DIDN'T GET BILLY FIRED FROM ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS OF ALL TIME. You understand that, right? There's a huge difference! We know, Stevie can do no wrong, in your eyes.:rolleyes:

Billy has been back playing gigs for some time now.

bwboy
02-17-2022, 08:32 PM
That would have been a truer ending to the band, if they'd been invited back into the band. I'll bet Rick would have said yes. FM was fading away back when he left the band. They're big again now. Everyone wants to go out on top.

I forget the exact timeline, but you're right. Billy had surgery either right before the tour began, or right as it began.

You know....STEVIE DIDN'T GET BILLY FIRED FROM ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS OF ALL TIME. You understand that, right? There's a huge difference! We know, Stevie can do no wrong, in your eyes.:rolleyes:

Billy has been back playing gigs for some time now.

But Stevie refused to let Billy or Rick rejoin FM, so naturally that caused Billy’s heart attack. I mean, if kicking someone out of a band can cause a heart attack, not letting someone rejoin would also cause a heart attack. Genetics be damned, I say.

I don’t know about Rick, though- I just kind of get the feeling he was more irritated about how the band handled things, especially with the RRHOF, and maybe had their number by 2019. Billy, I could see having more faith they’d give him another chance, which was probably why it hurt him so much when they didn’t. Rick seemed to understand where he stood in the big picture when it comes to FM.

HomerMcvie
02-17-2022, 10:14 PM
But Stevie refused to let Billy or Rick rejoin FM, so naturally that caused Billy’s heart attack. I mean, if kicking someone out of a band can cause a heart attack, not letting someone rejoin would also cause a heart attack. Genetics be damned, I say.

I don’t know about Rick, though- I just kind of get the feeling he was more irritated about how the band handled things, especially with the RRHOF, and maybe had their number by 2019. Billy, I could see having more faith they’d give him another chance, which was probably why it hurt him so much when they didn’t. Rick seemed to understand where he stood in the big picture when it comes to FM.

Rick is at least a guitar star. He's played with a lot of amazing artists. I sure hope he got royalties from Bob Seger's Like A Rock, because Chevy used that in their commercials for about a decade! That's Rick playing slide guitar on it!

Billy has never really been more than a side man, IMO. He plays rhythm guitar, and sings backup vocal(some lead). BUT, he's been in many more of Mick's projects than Rick, or anyone else. Billy should have been pissed. There's no loyalty with FM, especially with Satan, err Irving, at the helm.

I don't think Billy actually had a heart attack. I think they found blockage during a checkup, and decided they needed to clear it.

Macfan4life
02-18-2022, 06:32 AM
Has anyone ever discovered who the mystery guitarist was that auditioned after Lindsey was fired? Billy broke the story so it was circumstantial evidence it was him. We know Stevie demanded Mike Campbell so one position was already taken. It may have been odd to invite only one of Billy and Rick back into the band. A true Sophie's choice. So that is circumstantial evidence that maybe neither Billy and Rick were considered. If Stevie had not already promised Mike Campbell, it may have seemed obvious to invite them BOTH Rick and Billy back. But with one position already taken, it would have been tough.

I want to know who played with the band and the band said.....no thank you.

bwboy
02-18-2022, 07:23 AM
I want to know who played with the band and the band said.....no thank you.

I remember a name was thrown out, but it was a man I had never heard of from a band I had never heard of. Sorry, I know I’m not a big help right now LOL but I can at least confirm that a specific man was mentioned, and he wasn’t as big a name as either Neil or Mike. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t talented or whatever… I also believe he was quite a bit younger, like in his 40s or something like that.

I’m sure someone will post his name here.

HomerMcvie
02-18-2022, 10:21 AM
From an Irving standpoint, Mike and Neil are bigger names than Billy and Rick, so in his satanic eyes, that's strengthening his brand.

Much akin to putting Vince Gill and Glenn's son in The Eagles.

I need that guy managing my IRA...

SteveMacD
02-18-2022, 10:38 AM
John Paul White of Civil Wars, but Brett wasn’t completely sure.

UnwindedDreams
02-18-2022, 12:06 PM

Rick said in a Peter Green tribute video he and Mick went their separate ways in 2016. If you take a look at Rick's Twitter, you can see why Mick would disagree with Rick. Cough**James Woods**cough cough

bwboy
02-18-2022, 12:58 PM
Rick said in a Peter Green tribute video he and Mick went their separate ways in 2016. If you take a look at Rick's Twitter, you can see why Mick would disagree with Rick. Cough**James Woods**cough cough

:confused: Don’t tease me, UnwindedDreams lol! I don’t have Twitter so I have no idea what you’re referring to, but the James Woods reference has me beyond intrigued! Can you please spill the tea, as they say?

I do know Rick performed at the Peter Green concert, and I don’t think he would have unless he had somewhat made peace with Mick, but who knows. I was very disappointed that once Waddy got the child porn allegations dismissed, Rick was out as Stevie’s musical director and tours and Waddy was back in, but in fairness, maybe he was innocent. Seems like Rick and Stevie were just as tight as Mick and Rick ever were.

SteveMacD
02-18-2022, 01:30 PM
:confused: Don’t tease me, UnwindedDreams lol! I don’t have Twitter so I have no idea what you’re referring to, but the James Woods reference has me beyond intrigued! Can you please spill the tea, as they say?

Rick retweets a lot of James Woods’ right-winged tweets.

UnwindedDreams
02-18-2022, 01:52 PM
Rick retweets a lot of James Woods’ right-winged tweets.
You've got it. But he and Mick spoke when Mick was really serious about making the Peter Green concert happen and Mick told Rick that he couldn't imagine Rick not being a part of it/do it without him.

UnwindedDreams
02-18-2022, 01:53 PM
I do know Rick performed at the Peter Green concert, and I don’t think he would have unless he had somewhat made peace with Mick, but who knows. I was very disappointed that once Waddy got the child porn allegations dismissed, Rick was out as Stevie’s musical director and tours and Waddy was back in, but in fairness, maybe he was innocent. Seems like Rick and Stevie were just as tight as Mick and Rick ever were.
Was Waddy declared innocent?

Also, was Rick the musical director or was it Carlos and Rick was lead guitarist?

bwboy
02-18-2022, 02:21 PM
Was Waddy declared innocent?

Also, was Rick the musical director or was it Carlos and Rick was lead guitarist?

Regarding Waddy, I’m pretty sure the charges were dropped before trial, or reduced. So you’re probably right in that he wasn’t declared innocent. I don’t even want to go near that subject, especially since I don’t know the details and I don’t want to spread incorrect information… you know, like I’m probably doing right now! I do know that when he was in court, he didn’t play with Stevie live, or anyone else, and that was when Rick joined her on her Street Angel tour. I am confident I recall reading that Rick was the director for that tour.

The part about Rick tweeting right wing stuff bums me out, so I’ll try not to think about it. Just like the right wing dove… :sorry:

SteveMacD
02-18-2022, 02:42 PM
The part about Rick tweeting right wing stuff bums me out, so I’ll try not to think about it. Just like the right wing dove… :sorry:

https://blog.continentalcurrency.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/festivals-tomato.jpg

HomerMcvie
02-18-2022, 04:59 PM

I'm sure there are people extremely bugged by $tevie's FOUR abortions, and Waddy's child porn, and Rick's views.

Since when do we have the right to approve everyone's thoughts? Cancel culture sucks.

bwboy
02-18-2022, 05:11 PM
I'm sure there are people extremely bugged by $tevie's FOUR abortions, and Waddy's child porn, and Rick's views.

Since when do we have the right to approve everyone's thoughts? Cancel culture sucks.

I don’t disagree and like I said, I just try not to think about it. Although something illegal and morally wrong, that I do kind of have a struggle with. I won’t see a movie directed by Roman Polanski or Woody Allen, for example. That’s my choice, and I don’t expect anyone else to follow my lead. Just because Rick may be right leaning doesn’t make him any less a phenomenal guitarist or performer, nor would I refuse to see him live because of that.

bwboy
02-18-2022, 05:15 PM
https://blog.continentalcurrency.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/festivals-tomato.jpg

LOL that’s awesome! For my horrible pun, I deserve it!

Macfan4life
02-18-2022, 05:50 PM

I am sure you do too, but I love one of the last Eagles concerts where they were threatening each other on stage over the Senator Alan Cranston fundraiser. Don and Glen were all for it while Felder was against it. The audio is hysterical "I will kick your ass once this show is over"

Some of my closest work colleagues who I would take a bullet for have opposite political views. Its just something we dont discuss. We agree on everything else though especially when it comes to work. Although politics does come up and there are times we yell at each other but we still respect each other afterwards.

HomerMcvie
02-18-2022, 06:00 PM
I am sure you do too, but I love one of the last Eagles concerts where they were threatening each other on stage over the Senator Alan Cranston fundraiser. Don and Glen were all for it while Felder was against it. The audio is hysterical "I will kick your ass once this show is over"

Some of my closest work colleagues who I would take a bullet for have opposite political views. Its just something we dont discuss. We agree on everything else though especially when it comes to work. Although politics does come up and there are times we yell at each other but we still respect each other afterwards.

IF I told you how many times I've watched History of the Eagles, I'd be embarrassed. At LEAST 50 times. Probably closer to 100 times. Watching Glenn in his younger days, I'm firmly convince he was a full blown DICK. It was his way or the highway. And Henley wasn't much better.

I have friends who have told me, "if we find out that you don't believe like we do, then we can't be friends". I think that's the most horrible thing anyone has EVER said to me. Fortunately, I'm not that political, so I just smile and let it roll off my back. I do regularly say things like, "you do you. Make yourself happy. As long as you're not bothering me, I don't give AF".
And they'll(the above couple) say, "yeah, we feel the same way".
It's ALL I can do, not to say, "no you don't! You're very narrow minded people, who refuse to accept opposing viewpoints! YOU'RE the problem!"

But I just sigh and drink my beer...:angel:

UnwindedDreams
02-18-2022, 09:36 PM

And Lindsey's time with Carol Ann Harris.

Rick puts it out there so it's free for discussion. I only wish him well! I'd go buy his music if he put a new record out. He's not getting "cancelled". He can play a gig with Mick Fleetwood anytime he wants.

SteveMacD
02-18-2022, 09:59 PM
He can play a gig with Mick Fleetwood anytime he wants.

No. He can play ALMOST any gig with Mick Fleetwood anytime he wants.

HomerMcvie
02-19-2022, 01:54 AM
And Lindsey's time with Carol Ann Harris.

Rick puts it out there so it's free for discussion. I only wish him well! I'd go buy his music if he put a new record out. He's not getting "cancelled". He can play a gig with Mick Fleetwood anytime he wants.

I almost edited my post to include CAH's allegations. It was my first thought after posting.

I've thought about selling my place in Nashville, and buying something a few miles out. My friends are all, "you CAN'T live there. It's all Republicans in those counties!" To which I respond, "I don't CARE who my neighbors vote for. It's none of my business. I don't even want to KNOW my neighbors. As long as they leave me alone, and I leave them alone, it's paradise!"

Maybe Rick will be my new neighbor!:lol: (FWIW, I've seen Rick in small clubs, and he's VERY humble and down to Earth. Regardless of politics, he's a NICE GUY!)

bwboy
02-19-2022, 03:53 AM
Maybe Rick will be my new neighbor!:lol: (FWIW, I've seen Rick in small clubs, and he's VERY humble and down to Earth. Regardless of politics, he's a NICE GUY!)

I’m glad to hear you say that- from the few interviews I’ve seen with him, he really does seem exactly how you say- humble, down to earth, and a nice guy. Billy seems similar, judging from his book. They were both probably too nice to be in Fleetwood Mac.

HomerMcvie
02-19-2022, 11:10 AM
I’m glad to hear you say that- from the few interviews I’ve seen with him, he really does seem exactly how you say- humble, down to earth, and a nice guy. Billy seems similar, judging from his book.

They were both probably too nice to be in Fleetwood Mac.

Okay, who wants to hear the story(for the millionth time) about me peeing next to Billy?:lol:

You know, there really is some truth to that. I've always been shocked and disappointed to find out that my musical heroes are DICKS, but more times than not, it seems to be the case. In the music BUSINESS, it seems that dicks rise to the top(pun not intended). In The Eagles, Joe Walsh said the reason that Randy Meisner(who sang their first #1 hit) left the group was that he wasn't an alpha, while the rest of them were - nice guys don't finish first. I would guess that Rick and Billy knew their places in the hierarchy of FM, and never let their egos take over.

bwboy
02-19-2022, 11:21 AM
Okay, who wants to hear the story(for the millionth time) about me peeing next to Billy?:lol:

I’ve never heard this story, so please share again!

HomerMcvie
02-19-2022, 11:46 AM
I’ve never heard this story, so please share again!

Haha, I was eating at a restaurant in West Nashville(the famed Loveless Cafe) with some friends, and I needed to go pee. On the way, I peered into another part of the restaurant, and saw Billy sitting in the corner, eating with some people. I went back to my friends and told them that I saw Billy, grabbed my phone to try and take a pic, and headed back that way. Well, it was just a little too obvious that I would be taking his pic(since he was looking directly towards me), so I decided to go pee, and maybe try on my way back to our table. So I walk up to the urinal, and who walks in, and stands at the urinal next to mine? Billy! I know it's not like running into Lindsey or Mick, but I was still too starstruck to say anything other "hey".

I just always found it funny that I was trying to get a pic, and he ended up peeing next to me instead.:p

UnwindedDreams
02-19-2022, 12:23 PM
Haha, I was eating at a restaurant in West Nashville(the famed Loveless Cafe) with some friends, and I needed to go pee. On the way, I peered into another part of the restaurant, and saw Billy sitting in the corner, eating with some people. I went back to my friends and told them that I saw Billy, grabbed my phone to try and take a pic, and headed back that way. Well, it was just a little too obvious that I would be taking his pic(since he was looking directly towards me), so I decided to go pee, and maybe try on my way back to our table. So I walk up to the urinal, and who walks in, and stands at the urinal next to mine? Billy! I know it's not like running into Lindsey or Mick, but I was still too starstruck to say anything other "hey".

I just always found it funny that I was trying to get a pic, and he ended up peeing next to me instead.:p
Tell us about when you were in the stall next to Stevie
"My first mistake was to Smile at You... ahh AHHHHH":p

bwboy
02-19-2022, 01:50 PM
That’s a great story, Homer! Bathroom encounters are always an awkward place to encounter a celebrity, I would imagine. Of all the members of FM, Billy, Rick, or Mick would be the only ones I would be interested in talking to. John would say nothing, Stevie is weird, Lindsey is socially awkward, and Christine I suspect is not a nice person. Just my impression of course, I could be totally wrong. I’m basing this solely on interviews I’ve seen or read.

FuzzyPlum
02-19-2022, 02:11 PM
That’s a great story, Homer! Bathroom encounters are always an awkward place to encounter a celebrity, I would imagine. Of all the members of FM, Billy, Rick, or Mick would be the only ones I would be interested in talking to. John would say nothing, Stevie is weird, Lindsey is socially awkward, and Christine I suspect is not a nice person. Just my impression of course, I could be totally wrong. I’m basing this solely on interviews I’ve seen or read.

I'd want to meet Christine more than any of them. I think she'd be great to have a drink with. If you cross her, I'm sure she'd hold a grudge. But otherwise, I think she's probably quite lovely. To me she comes across as being really down to earth.

HomerMcvie
02-19-2022, 05:11 PM

Here we are again agreeing....has Hell frozen over?:p

I think Lindsey would be okay. I wouldn't want to meet John just because I've rarely been able to understand his pickled, British gibberish. I'm sure Mick would be easy...just let him ramble incoherently. I would have liked to have met $tevie, BACK IN THE DAY, before $he was a LEGEND in her own mind.

HomerMcvie
02-19-2022, 05:16 PM
I'd want to meet Christine more than any of them. I think she'd be great to have a drink with. If you cross her, I'm sure she'd hold a grudge. But otherwise, I think she's probably quite lovely. To me she comes across as being really down to earth.

I always felt exactly like this, however, having worked with stars before who turned out to be a*sholes, and hearing a few stories about her, I think it's easier for my pedestal placement of her, if we didn't meet.

I don't want to hear her telling me that I'm wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt.

I used to dream about knocking back a couple bottles of wine with her, though, listening to all her stories.

Macfan4life
02-19-2022, 08:11 PM

You should have sung your version of Seven Wonders while he was peeing.

bwboy
02-19-2022, 08:25 PM
You should have sung your version of Seven Wonders while he was peeing.

I was thinking Rattlesnake Shake lol.

Macfan4life
02-19-2022, 08:28 PM
I was thinking Rattlesnake Shake lol.
When Homer has a few beers in him, his inner Stevie really comes out

bwboy
02-19-2022, 08:35 PM
I always felt exactly like this, however, having worked with stars before who turned out to be a*sholes, and hearing a few stories about her, I think it's easier for my pedestal placement of her, if we didn't meet.

I don't want to hear her telling me that I'm wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt.

I used to dream about knocking back a couple bottles of wine with her, though, listening to all her stories.

Even though Christine is my favorite songwriter in FM, and she writes beautiful songs, I just have this feeling she’s not a nice person. There is a reason we don’t hear anyone talk about meeting her- I’ve heard stories about meeting lots of singers/musicians, including Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, but not Christine. I think if I met Lindsey and told him which of his songs I love, he’d be nice but probably bore me about the technical aspects of the song. If I met Stevie and said the same thing to her, she’d probably repeat the same story about how/why she wrote that song that she’s always shared. But if I met Christine and told her how much I loved certain songs, I envision her just staring at me and saying “so? It’s just a song.” Seriously lol. It’s one thing to be cool and aloof, or a little shy, but with Christine, I suspect she makes herself come across as unapproachable to fans. Maybe not to her friends and family, but certainly to fans.

Again, I’m going by impressions. Obviously I have no idea what any of them are like.

Macfan4life
02-19-2022, 09:10 PM
Even though Christine is my favorite songwriter in FM, and she writes beautiful songs, I just have this feeling she’s not a nice person. There is a reason we don’t hear anyone talk about meeting her- I’ve heard stories about meeting lots of singers/musicians, including Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, but not Christine. I think if I met Lindsey and told him which of his songs I love, he’d be nice but probably bore me about the technical aspects of the song. If I met Stevie and said the same thing to her, she’d probably repeat the same story about how/why she wrote that song that she’s always shared. But if I met Christine and told her how much I loved certain songs, I envision her just staring at me and saying “so? It’s just a song.” Seriously lol. It’s one thing to be cool and aloof, or a little shy, but with Christine, I suspect she makes herself come across as unapproachable to fans. Maybe not to her friends and family, but certainly to fans.

Again, I’m going by impressions. Obviously I have no idea what any of them are like.
You are so wrong. On her 1984 solo tour, she gave out to radio stations backstage passes to meet her. Here is a photo of a free meet and greet 1984 style. She was under no obligation to meet any fans yet she did. I would also add the 1990 story I read on Ebay when someone was selling a cocktail napkin she signed. Someone noticed her eating at a restaurant and she signed a cocktail napkin for this fan. You also saw Christine signing Mac albums and even Nicks solo albums when it was announced she was coming back to the Mac. As the Brits say........RUBBISH

Here is Christine meeting her young fans on her 1984 solo tour
https://www.rockinhouston.com/images/scan4713jpg/11603?type=performers&subtype=Years&typeUnid=630&page=1

HomerMcvie
02-19-2022, 11:11 PM
When Homer has a few beers in him, his inner Stevie really comes out

I threw mah shawls away years ago!

HomerMcvie
02-19-2022, 11:12 PM

I think too, that you're judging her too harshly. I don't think she tolerates bull sh*t, but I'd guess that as long as you're nice, and respectful, she would be approachable.

But if you cross her, you're dead where you stand.:lol:

We have someone on the page here(I'm not saying who), who met her backstage about 3 years ago. They said she was great, and took very nice pics together.

SteveMacD
02-20-2022, 03:28 AM
ChiliD's Christine story was maybe the sweetest ever, the one where he bumped into Lindsey and Richard at a Clapton show and got a cold look from Lindsey, but Christine kind of bailed him out.

bwboy
02-20-2022, 06:46 AM
You are so wrong. On her 1984 solo tour, she gave out to radio stations backstage passes to meet her. Here is a photo of a free meet and greet 1984 style. She was under no obligation to meet any fans yet she did. I would also add the 1990 story I read on Ebay when someone was selling a cocktail napkin she signed. Someone noticed her eating at a restaurant and she signed a cocktail napkin for this fan. You also saw Christine signing Mac albums and even Nicks solo albums when it was announced she was coming back to the Mac. As the Brits say........RUBBISH

Here is Christine meeting her young fans on her 1984 solo tour
https://www.rockinhouston.com/images/scan4713jpg/11603?type=performers&subtype=Years&typeUnid=630&page=1

Thanks for the examples, Macfan, I’m glad to hear Christine isn’t as unapproachable as I thought she was. I haven’t heard the story ChiliD provided, maybe they will see this and give more info. Thanks Steve and Homer.

HomerMcvie
02-20-2022, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the examples, Macfan, I’m glad to hear Christine isn’t as unapproachable as I thought she was. I haven’t heard the story ChiliD provided, maybe they will see this and give more info. Thanks Steve and Homer.

Chili rarely gets on here anymore. He's had some serious health issues the past couple of years, and I think his priorities have changed, understandably.