PDA

View Full Version : Chess Sessions Anomaly

Don Brown
02-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi to all,

I have no idea how may different Takes of how many different songs were recorded at the Chess Sessions, but new ones (at least to me) seem to keep popping up. I just uncovered another Acetate from the Sessions; this one includes a song titled: "Willie D's Blues", which I have never heard of before. (presumably written by Willie Dixon, who played Bass for part of those Sessions). If Jeremy, or anyone else who may know, reads this, perhaps you could enlighten us with some insight.

Cheers, Don

doodyhead
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi to all,

I have no idea how may different Takes of how many different songs were recorded at the Chess Sessions, but new ones (at least to me) seem to keep popping up. I just uncovered another Acetate from the Sessions; this one includes a song titled: "Willie D's Blues", which I have never heard of before. (presumably written by Willie Dixon, who played Bass for part of those Sessions). If Jeremy, or anyone else who may know, reads this, perhaps you could enlighten us with some insight.

Cheers, DonDear Don,
I have the original Vinyl, from the american album release, the rebundled double album release, the Otis spann sessions release and the boxed set Mike Vernon release of the Chess sessions. Is there more? Please tell me (us?)

fair winds,

vinnie c

monkeydevil
02-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Don,
Interesting find! Have you listened to the song yet (to be sure it is an unreleased song)? Sometimes songcredits on acetates tend to be renamed for the commercial release. If so, does it feature Peter Green or other folks from Fleetwood Mac?