PDA

View Full Version : Soap Star Attacked, Decks Obsessed Fan

gldstwmn
01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/03/soap-star-attacked-decks-obsessed-fan/

TMZ has obtained a restraining order filed by veteran "Days of Our Lives" actor Drake Hogestyn against a man he says assaulted him in his home on New Year's Eve, and "physically tried to exorcise the devil from me."

Hogestyn, who has played John Black on NBC's "Days" for over 20 years, says he was with his family in the backyard of their Malibu home when Carl Raymond Cheney of Portland, OR came onto his property and ran at his daughter carrying a bible screaming "Where is he? I will cast him out!" Hogestyn says Cheney was "calling me by my stage name... recalling past storylines, especially the demonic possession of several years past. But more important, he thought I was dead, because the show that aired on Friday 12.29.06 left my character John Black shot & presumed dead."

Hogestyn, who was on a ladder painting his house, says Cheney grabbed and pushed his wife backwards on their patio stairs. At that time, Hogestyn "grabbed him by the hair, spun him around, delivered a right cross to the chin that sent him down the stairs." According to the restraining order the struggle continued for 10 minutes until Hogestyn and his 25-year-old son Ben were able to subdue Cheney by duct-taping the intruder's hands and feet until police arrived.

Cheney was transported to the L.A. County Jail where he is still in custody on $150,000 bail. According to the court documents, a map with directions from Portland to Hogestyn's home were found in the front seat of Cheney's car.

ryan8472
01-05-2007, 10:37 PM
What the ****!? :eek: :shocked:

Sure are some weird-ass people in the world. At least nobody was hurt.

WelshWitchPMD
01-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Gee, and we thought that only Stevie had some weird fans. Actually a co-worker was telling me today that she had heard something about this while we were watching "Days" at lunchtime. It just strikes me as odd how that guy found Drake's home because he would of have to known his real name. You might think he could figure out that he was just an actor playing a role.:shrug:

JazmenFlowers
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
whew! I thought this may be about Zarf on All My Children (he's causing quite a stir). glad it's not. I mean, I hate this happened to this guy too, but I'd die if any of my "chirrens" were assaulted.

Josh2003
01-06-2007, 12:24 AM
I bet Stefano was behind it.

Lisa1769
01-06-2007, 05:51 AM
I bet Stefano was behind it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I haven't watched all week. I'm sure I'm waaaay behind!

GiniLeaE
01-06-2007, 11:14 AM
<center> I bet Stefano was behind it.</center>

<center> That is the funniest line of the week as far as I'm concerned! :lol: </center>

<center> I figured it would be Dierdre Hall who had the wacky stalker DUDE, not Drake...although, he's total hotness.</center>

DavidMn
01-06-2007, 12:02 PM
It's this type of stuff that prevents alot of reasonable sane fans from meeting stars they admire.:mad:

DrummerDeanna
01-06-2007, 04:35 PM
<center> </center>

<center> That is the funniest line of the week as far as I'm concerned! :lol: </center>

<center> I figured it would be Dierdre Hall who had the wacky stalker DUDE, not Drake...although, he's total hotness.</center>

I used to have such the hots for Draky Hogestyn...now? Not so much..that "john Black" look is just too much for me....y'all know what I'm talking about :laugh:

I read this story...there sure are some kooky people out there...

markolas
01-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I used to watch Days of Our Lives about 12 years ago. I turned it on a year or two ago and...good lord, the show is a joke. Marlena found out she was pregnant, and I thought...this woman is 60 years old...don't they have menopause in Salem? I mean, she was well over 40 the last time they knocked her up on that show. Good grief. And then the whole town was murdered by a serial killer, but later it was revealed that none of them were really dead, but were sent to some island that was made to look exactly like Salem. Who the hell comes up with this ****??

I can't imagine what's going on now. Is Alice Horton still alive? She must be 100 by now.

DrummerDeanna
01-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I used to watch Days of Our Lives about 12 years ago. I turned it on a year or two ago and...good lord, the show is a joke. Marlena found out she was pregnant, and I thought...this woman is 60 years old...don't they have menopause in Salem? I mean, she was well over 40 the last time they knocked her up on that show. Good grief. And then the whole town was murdered by a serial killer, but later it was revealed that none of them were really dead, but were sent to some island that was made to look exactly like Salem. Who the hell comes up with this ****??

I can't imagine what's going on now. Is Alice Horton still alive? She must be 100 by now.

I KNOW! I tuned in semi-recently as well and was just highly amused....the last time I watched consistently though things were already getting way stupid - Marlena was possessed by Satan - then there was something to do with a chip being implanted into people by Stefano...it was bizarre - and it's even worse now from what I hear.

SuzeQuze
01-06-2007, 05:22 PM
It's this type of stuff that prevents alot of reasonable sane fans from meeting stars they admire.:mad:

Yep, this is why Stevie avoids us! :lol:

This actor is a badass. He clocked him, sent him flying down the stairs, then duct taped his hands and feet? Damn, the guy picked the wrong actor. Who says soap stars are p-words? :lol:

gldstwmn
01-06-2007, 07:18 PM

:lol: I used to watch too but stopped watching at least 10 years ago becuase the plot line had gotten so ridiculous. John black was actually Roman at one point and then I lost track. I don't watch any soaps at all now.

markolas
01-06-2007, 08:06 PM
:lol: I used to watch too but stopped watching at least 10 years ago becuase the plot line had gotten so ridiculous. John black was actually Roman at one point and then I lost track. I don't watch any soaps at all now.

Oh, that was the only one I ever watched. I'm over TV in general.

GiniLeaE
01-06-2007, 08:41 PM
<center>Who the hell comes up with this ****??

I can't imagine what's going on now. Is Alice Horton still alive? She must be 100 by now.</center>

<center> Well, that idiot writer who came up with those awful storylines (Marlena is the devil, the island, and the salem stalker) and all that rubish has been fired and the old head writer has returned from the "hey day" of Bo-Hope, Patch/Steve-Kayla, and all those lovely relationships! That's why those older actors are back and Stefano is back! WOOHOO! :]

Now, as for Alice Horton...she is indeed alive and relatively well. She was in the "decorate the Christmas tree" episode the other day with old-timers Doug and Julie! She is the matriarch of the show...so the loss of her be sad. It was sad enough to see Jennifer-Jack leave for London! All because Melissa Reeves wanted to leave the show...pooey on her. :mad: And Jack went to all that trouble to live through at least 5 of his 9 lives! :lol: </center>

WelshWitchPMD
01-06-2007, 09:36 PM
That's why those older actors are back and Stefano is back! WOOHOO! :]

Is the actor who played Stefano back? I thought that he was on The Bold and The Beautiful.

GiniLeaE
01-06-2007, 11:13 PM
<center>Is the actor who played Stefano back? I thought that he was on The Bold and The Beautiful.</center>

<center> They are still negotiating with Joseph Mascollo (sp?), because he is/was demanding too much $$$$! So, we have only seen his hands in the hospital bed in Italy AND heard his voice.

Also, E.J. Wells was Elvis, Jr. - Stefano's son with Susan (played by an actress on Y&R who plays Ashley) back when he impersonated ELVIS! :laugh:

I think that bringing the DiMera's back is great...and also Benji (deaf kid that Steve/Patch and Kayla raised) who is working with the DiMera's undercover just showed Steve/Patch a tarot card that jolted his memory and put him into "killer" mode. I think it told him to murder KAYLA! Good Lord...the suspense! After they just got back together when he remembered! :distress: Why do I let this show suck me and now my DVR in?</center>

gldstwmn
01-06-2007, 11:48 PM
<center></center>

<center> They are still negotiating with Joseph Mascollo (sp?), because he is/was demanding too much $$$$! So, we have only seen his hands in the hospital bed in Italy AND heard his voice.

Joseph Mascolo is the only guy who could paly Stefano in my book. I actually used to watch this show with my mom. That was a long time ago.

WelshWitchPMD
01-06-2007, 11:48 PM
^^^ People at work were saying that EJ was Elvis JR months ago. That was not a surprise. I just went over to Soapcentral.com and got all the updates on what is going on behind the scenes at 'Days'.:laugh:

Phoenix
01-07-2007, 01:56 AM
WOW, Don't mess with john black!
(hear that stefano?:laugh: )

Phoenix
01-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Joseph Mascolo is the only guy who could paly Stefano in my book. I actually used to watch this show with my mom. That was a long time ago.

Wait, is he really comming back?

WelshWitchPMD
01-07-2007, 11:20 AM

Well, he did leave 'The Bold and The Beautiful". He is/was in contract talks with 'Days" but they have not reached an agreement yet. Basically "Days" only wants him back for a short time and he wants a long-term contract.

gldstwmn
01-07-2007, 02:03 PM

I don't know. I haven't watched the show for quite some time. :o

GiniLeaE
01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
<center> Well, he did leave 'The Bold and The Beautiful". He is/was in contract talks with 'Days" but they have not reached an agreement yet. Basically "Days" only wants him back for a short time and he wants a long-term contract. </center>

<center> I think eventually that DOOL's will cave and give in to his demands, as he is a very integral part of the plot to come.

He has one of the biggest ego's in daytime TV! :p Next to Thaao Penglis (sp?) who played his son Tony that is... </center>

WelshWitchPMD
01-07-2007, 05:24 PM
He has one of the biggest ego's in daytime TV! :p Next to Thaao Penglis (sp?) who played his son Tony that is... </center>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

A co-worker of mine once told me that he and his wife and his mother-in-law met Joseph in a hotel in CT. His wife and MIL went over to him and said that she loved him as Stefano on Days. He replied 'well you should see me on The Bold and The Beautiful". I guess that he was not too pleased.:shrug:

DrummerDeanna
01-07-2007, 05:29 PM
A co-worker of mine once told me that he and his wife and his mother-in-law met Joseph in a hotel in CT. His wife and MIL went over to him and said that she loved him as Stefano on Days. He replied 'well you should see me on The Bold and The Beautiful". I guess that he was not too pleased.:shrug:

My brother in law met him too - at a medical thing in Albuquerque - they had these giant expos and would usually get a soap star or two to appear (a big draw) and one year Joseph Mascolo was one...and I was SO STOKED....but couldn't go :distress:

My brother in law's booth was right by Stefano's and so he did get my Days of Our Lives soundtrack signed :laugh:

Stefano spelled my name "Diana" :rolleyes: But I still have it!