PDA

View Full Version : cool poster

aleuzzi
01-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Thought people in this forum would be interested. I was shopping at a cd/record store in Rochester, NY called The Bop Shop. Above the coounter were a number of interesting poster flats, including an from 1973 for The Penguin Lineup! They were the headliners at Rochester's Auditorium Theatre (2500 seater) with two opening acts: Electric Light Orchestra and Leonard Skynard.

I'm thinking of buying it. No price was listed.

goldustsongbird
01-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Thought people in this forum would be interested. I was shopping at a cd/record store in Rochester, NY called The Bop Shop. Above the coounter were a number of interesting poster flats, including an from 1973 for The Penguin Lineup! They were the headliners at Rochester's Auditorium Theatre (2500 seater) with two opening acts: Electric Light Orchestra and Leonard Skynard.

The BOP SHOP? Oh, god, if Michelle, Carrie or Deanna see this...

carrie721
01-05-2007, 01:31 AM
The Bop Shop.

i'm going to refrain from completely hijacking this thread, but i am required by the covenant of bop to say: hell to the no. :laugh:

that poster does sound really cool. if you buy it, you must take a picture!

goldustsongbird
01-05-2007, 01:34 AM
i'm going to refrain from completely hijacking this thread, but i am required by the covenant of bop to say: hell to the no. :laugh:

that poster does sound really cool. if you buy it, you must take a picture!

:lol:

Yeah, *threadjacks like an asshole* No, seriously... Take a picture. I wish I could find cool stuff like that when I go vinyl/memorabilia hunting!

foxyluva
01-05-2007, 02:19 AM
lol @ the bop shop :laugh:

bretonbanquet
01-05-2007, 11:19 AM
The BOP SHOP? Oh, god, if Michelle, Carrie or Deanna see this...

this thread is doomed :laugh:

Is it a repro poster flat or original? If it's original, just get it :nod: And post a pic when you buy it :)

michelle2677
01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
lol @ the bop shop :laugh:
it's where deanna got all of her "bop" accessories :laugh:

Wouter Vuijk
01-05-2007, 05:52 PM

Are you sure it's not Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Taken from the Chrome Oxide site (http://www.chromeoxide.com/lynyrd.htm):
Lynyrd Skynyrd started in Florida in 1965. First as My Backyard, The Noble Five, Conqueror Worm, One Percent, Leonard Skinnerd, and then finally settling on Lynyrd Skynyrd.
:thumbsup:

aleuzzi
01-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Are you sure it's not Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Taken from the Chrome Oxide site (http://www.chromeoxide.com/lynyrd.htm):
Lynyrd Skynyrd started in Florida in 1965. First as My Backyard, The Noble Five, Conqueror Worm, One Percent, Leonard Skinnerd, and then finally settling on Lynyrd Skynyrd.
:thumbsup:

thanks for the correction.

becca
01-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Didn't Bob Welch "look at bop" one time?

(Just trying to tie all the threads up, and he was in the penguin line-up too).

If the poster had a penguin on it there would be no hesitation on my part.

HomerMcvie
01-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Didn't Bob Welch "look at bop" one time?

(Just trying to tie all the threads up, and he was in the penguin line-up too).

If the poster had a penguin on it there would be no hesitation on my part.

Here they come, with their "bop" chit chat.