PDA

View Full Version : Another Death: Former President Ford

ontheEdgeof17
12-26-2006, 11:55 PM
LOS ANGELES - Gerald R. Ford, who picked up the pieces of Richard Nixon's scandal-shattered White House as the 38th and only unelected president in America's history, has died, his wife said. He was 93.

estranged4life
12-27-2006, 12:22 AM
LOS ANGELES - Gerald R. Ford, who picked up the pieces of Richard Nixon's scandal-shattered White House as the 38th and only unelected president in America's history, has died, his wife said. He was 93.

Ya know, they say the famous die in groups of three.

DrummerDeanna
12-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Not a total surprise as he's been sick lately and, well, he's 93. Still - sad news.

gldstwmn
12-27-2006, 02:11 AM
God rest his soul. My condolences to Mrs. Ford (Betty) and his family.

GODDESS6
12-27-2006, 06:58 AM
president ford is from my hometown, where i still live~ his birthplace is a beautiful park that has become a super popular place to have outdoor weddings~ may he rest in peace:angel: ~

DavidMn
12-27-2006, 10:32 AM
I only vaugely rememebr his presidency as I was like 5 at the time, but from what I've learned, he was a great man who sacrificed his political career for the good of the country by pardoning Nixon.

eclipse
12-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Gerald Ford was a President of The United States
This should be Important and Respected News
In My local paper...
His death was relegated to Page 5, Page 5??

Page 1 had all the important news/blah, blah news
local judge going to fight in Iraq
A guy gets picked a for DWI
A car with Christmas gifts gets stolen
A blurb about Saddam

PsychCat
12-27-2006, 12:50 PM
I also vaguely remember his presidency. I was still not yet a teenager so politics weren't exactly on the top of my list. :cool:
I think I was more fascinated with this "new" band I had discovered ....hmmm... what was their name?? ;)
I do remember when Nixon resigned and all that... but being from GA, all I remember about the next election was it was all about Jimmy C. It's interesting to think how much history would be altered HAD Ford won. :shrug:

Villavic
12-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Ya know, they say the famous die in groups of three.

not only famous people, but plane crashes too.