PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Stones....ouch!!

Phoenix
12-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Does any one else get these or have had them? I have had them accouple of times, and the last couple of days are just killer. I was in the hospital for like 9 hrs the other day.:eek: Im in SOOO much pain when they come on its crayzy. and last time I got vicodin wich was good, got the job done. THIS TIME they gave me percacet wich just makes me mindless and sleepy. Anyway, anyone else have these? what did you do to NEVER get them again?

amber
12-08-2006, 05:38 AM
ooo. My first bf had those when we were 20. I swear, he practically died.
So. Much. Pain. Pain like you have never heard of pain before. Pain that would make god cry. :( :shocked:

There are nutritional steps that can help you not get them again, but since it seems people here don't always welcome information, I'll let you look that up yourself. So as not to get reamed for being helpful, or overly informational. But you can find great info online. :nod: One hint is: Calcium deposit buildup.

I'm so sorry, I hope you are relieved of pain soon, and never experience this scourge again. :distress: :xoxo:

Johnny Stew
12-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Hope you're feeling better, buddy! :xoxo:

DrummerDeanna
12-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Yuck!! One of my best friends had kidney stones back in 2000...it was horrible...

Do you watch Friends? Anyone? Anyone?

Well some episode when someone has a baby - at the same time Joey has kidney stones..anyway the way the doctor says "kidney stones" has been running through my head since reading this....not to make light of your situation..that's just immediately where my mind went...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8r_rQPy_-dw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8r_rQPy_-dw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I hope you feel better soon and get those puppies passed...:o

JazmenFlowers
12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
feel better soon! :xoxo:

electronicstorm
12-08-2006, 07:51 PM
I hear craneberry juice is really good in desolving the deposits. I've also heard it's like the same pain as a woman giving birth, but then again I can't imagine something the size of a bowling ball coming out of a hole the width of your thumb!

So I would recommend drinking a lot of cranberry juice and vodka and call me in the morning!:D

Hope you feel better soon!

Musicman408
12-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I drink a lot of milk....... Do you think I will get them?"

Much Love,
Ethan

Phoenix
12-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Thanks so much you guys. Im hanngin in there. just takin the painkillers and drinkin water like the worlds gonna end.:laugh: I dont know what that means, sorry, Im alittle loopy:laugh:

goldustsongbird
12-09-2006, 02:32 AM
Thanks so much you guys. Im hanngin in there. just takin the painkillers and drinkin water like the worlds gonna end.:laugh: I dont know what that means, sorry, Im alittle loopy:laugh:

Kidney stones are a killer. My dad got them ages ago, and he was in
total
pain.

I just remember him lying on the couch, not being able to move. It sucked. So, I suggest... Sleeping a lot? :laugh: Take care of yourself, man. :wavey:

ragandbone
12-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Oh, OW!
I am sorry you are going through this, and I sure hope those painkillers do their job!

skcin
12-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I drink a lot of milk....... Do you think I will get them?"

Much Love,
Ethan

Yes. Absolutely you will.

markolas
12-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Yes. Absolutely you will.

I need to share that bit of info with my boyfriend, who goes through 2 or 3 gallons a week. :eek:

I drink a lot of water, cranberry juice, and green tea. I try to stay away from sodas and coffee. I can't stand milk, so that's not an issue. I'm deathly afraid of kidney stones and urinary tract infections. I cannot handle pain. :o

carrie721
12-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I need to share that bit of info with my boyfriend, who goes through 2 or 3 gallons a week. :eek:

i could be wrong ... but i think she was kidding. :shrug:

phoenix: sorry to hear about your kidney stones! that sounds awful. i hope you feel better soon!

AliceLover
12-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I hope you get better soon Phoenix!!!

What brings upon Kidney stones? I don't know much about the topic, but they certainly make me nervous.

Amber, Im guessing Ice Cream would help Kidney Stones then right?