PDA

View Full Version : Law&Order

elie
12-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Is any other Ledgie a fan of the TV Series Law&Order?I know that it is one of the longest-running series in the US, but I 'm not sure whether it has been equally successful in Europe.
I used to have to stay up intil 1 a.m. to catch an episode on a private TV channel, till I decided I just had to buy the DVDs:)
Any views?

carrie721
12-07-2006, 11:47 AM
my mother is addicted to l&o. i like it, but i prefer law & order: svu. do they show that where you are?

macfan 57
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
I love Law and Order. I watched it way back in the beginning even before Sam Waterston. I actually watch all three L & O series now & SVU is now my favorite.

carrie721
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
I love Law and Order. I watched it way back in the beginning even before Sam Waterston. I actually watch all three L & O series now & SVU is now my favorite.

hooray!

what did you think of mariska's replacement? i actually wish she would stick around as a supporting character.

macfan 57
12-07-2006, 06:59 PM
hooray!

what did you think of mariska's replacement? i actually wish she would stick around as a supporting character.

I'd liked her too, but I'm glad that Mariska is back. I really missed her.

elie
12-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Nowadays they only show SVU and the other spin-off with Vincent d'Onofrio, but I prefer the original series.

@macfan57: actually the older series featuring E.A.D.A Ben Stone are my favorite. I like Sam Waterston, but I admit being a huge Michael Moriarty fan (even though he's a bit loony).

@carrie: I like Mariska too! She's one of the best characters in the series, IMO, even though I'm not a SVU fan.

macfan 57
12-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Nowadays they only show SVU and the other spin-off with Vincent d'Onofrio, but I prefer the original series.

@macfan57: actually the older series featuring E.A.D.A Ben Stone are my favorite. I like Sam Waterston, but I admit being a huge Michael Moriarty fan (even though he's a bit loony).

@carrie: I like Mariska too! She's one of the best characters in the series, IMO, even though I'm not a SVU fan.

I love those old L & O shows with Michael Moriarty & Richard Brooks(Robinette). They show L & O re-runs(all three series) where I am, but I haven't seen any of the real old, old shows for at least a few years. They mostly show the more recent ones. I also miss Jerry Orbach. They'll never replace him, in my opinion.

elie
12-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I agree about Jerry Orbach. I was very sad when he died.:(

I also liked Chris Noth as Mike Logan and I 've read that it was a big surprise (to him&his fans) when he got fired him after season 5.

Unfortunately we don't get any reruns where I live, but I bought the first 3 seasons (1990-1993) on dvd. It's a shame that the cast changed so dramaticaly after those first seasons. Some replacaments were good (McCoy is a very good&strong character), but some of the assistants were horrible.

GODDESS6
12-08-2006, 07:17 AM
love law & order, i even have the computer game:] :laugh: ~

elie
12-08-2006, 07:54 AM
^ Oh, cool!
I knew about it but I haven't got it. What is it like? Does it have characters from the show?

macfan 57
12-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I agree about Jerry Orbach. I was very sad when he died.:(

I also liked Chris Noth as Mike Logan and I 've read that it was a big surprise (to him&his fans) when he got fired him after season 5.

Unfortunately we don't get any reruns where I live, but I bought the first 3 seasons (1990-1993) on dvd. It's a shame that the cast changed so dramaticaly after those first seasons. Some replacaments were good (McCoy is a very good&strong character), but some of the assistants were horrible.

I LOVE Chris Noth. I assume that you know he is on Criminal Intent now.

Jack McCoy is a great character. I also really like Sam Waterston as an actor. I still think that Robinette was the best assistant D.A. I haven't really liked hardly any of the women assistant D.A.'s that came later.

GODDESS6
12-08-2006, 08:23 PM
^ Oh, cool!
I knew about it but I haven't got it. What is it like? Does it have characters from the show?

it is the jerry orbach cast & it is just like the show w/ theme music & all!!!:] ~