PDA

View Full Version : Who does not listen radio anymore?

Villavic
12-05-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't know why but in this last year I have not listened radios, though it was my best friend my whole life. I started to listen devices (audio cd, mp3, usb, etc etc) more and more, and now I almost listen no radio.

So I can't post in the 2006 music poll, (I guess not even in a 2005...) :confused:

I don't know shy, but music from these days doesn't catch my attention. Am I getting old?:eek:

carrie721
12-05-2006, 06:54 PM
i don't listen to the radio either! :wavey:

i listen once in a great while ... and then it's only if i'm driving, and only to non-commercial radio. i do listen to internet radio (last.fm usually), but that's different because i get to choose what i listen to.

DrummerDeanna
12-05-2006, 06:57 PM
I listen to commercial radio once in a blue moon - but public radio? I do listen to that a lot. I love public radio - it's intelligent and thought provoking and I work for it :D

Most commercial stations I've heard recently play the same few songs in heavy rotation making me want to hurt others...

HomerMcvie
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
I listen to talk radio most of the time now. Commercial radio SUCKS!

goldustsongbird
12-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I listen to my launchcast radio, (http://ca.launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1327906381) but that's about it.

rbs3676
12-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I've had SIRIUS radio for the past two years and it has been worth every penny (which is, roughly, $130 a year). I never listen to commercial radio anymore and with SIRIUS, I am able to be very selective in what genre I want to hear. My CD collection has grown more in the 2 years that I've had SIRIUS than in the last 5 years that I was without it -- the exposure to new bands has been incredible.

rbs

sara1998
12-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I really hate the radio, and only listen to my ipod.

AliceLover
12-05-2006, 09:05 PM
I NEVER listen to the radio anymore. The newest thing I got was this little cassette I put in my car (yes I have a cassette player) and it has a plug that goes directly to your Ipod. It plays the music right through the speaker. I like this thing a lot better than the Radio-adaptive Ipod plugs because with the tape you don't lose the sound when you hit a tunnel or lose a signal. Its great! When the Ipod is dead I usually have either the new LB cd in, The Killers, or Red Hot Chilli peppers CD's in.

catinthedark
12-05-2006, 11:37 PM
i only listen to public radio, too. cbc radio one. commercial radio sucks. and it's where i started my career! i actually find it very sad.

DrummerDeanna
12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
i only listen to public radio, too. cbc radio one. commercial radio sucks. and it's where i started my career! i actually find it very sad.

I worked in commercial radio when I was starting out too - it was AWFUL. Worst job I've had in my life :nod:

Public radio is such a haven...I love it!

Mari
12-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Try internet radio... there are so many different channels out there, each catering to a different audience. Something for everyone :)
my personal faves are bbc6 and kinkfm!

DavidMn
12-06-2006, 04:54 PM
One of the reasons I dont listen to songs like Don't Stop, GYOW, an Rhiannon is their CONSTANT annoying overplay on the local classic rock station. Ridiculous.

goldustsongbird
12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
One of the reasons I dont listen to songs like Don't Stop, GYOW, an Rhiannon is their CONSTANT annoying overplay on the local classic rock station. Ridiculous.

I know! It occurred to me the other day how much I can't stand the studio v. of Rhiannon. I don't even hear it as often as I used to, but it still grates on me.

Villavic
12-07-2006, 06:01 PM

I AGREE. Well actually I do listen those songs cause are mac songs. But I feel the same as you when I listen at radios... Hotel California, Dancing Queen, Another brick in the wall, Demon Lover, Honesty, Da ya think I'm sexy... I mean, they could be good songs but those bands have LOT of better songs that are never played on radios

BirdInFlight
12-07-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm an XM whore. BPM, The System, Chrome... all make me moist.

electronicstorm
12-07-2006, 07:32 PM
I listen to talk radio! I love talk radio! I have been listening to Frosty Heidi and Frank here on the West Coast since they bagan. They are funny as hell!

http://www.frostyheidiandfrank.com/main.asp

But if I listen to any Hip-Hop or commercial radio, I have friends that have permission to shoot me! :D

estranged4life
12-07-2006, 08:19 PM
With my large music collection I rarely, if ever, listen to radio.

carrie721
12-07-2006, 08:20 PM
With my large music collection I rarely, if ever, listen to radio.

how many cd's do you own, b? including boots?

estranged4life
12-07-2006, 08:44 PM
how many cd's do you own, b? including boots?

quit counting a couple of summers ago. Last time I counted I had 6000+ cd's (I'd guess around 8000+ CD's :shrug: ).

Just to show how much a music junkie I am, 554 of the total were official releases just bought in the past 2 years-With more on their way...I didnt include Deb's Country, Classical & New Age cd's in the count nor my Classical/Jazz releases. I also have over 1000 audio cassettes & a huge LP/45 collection I inherited from my Mother's passing. Also I inherited 2 huge cases of CD's that belonged to my Mother, so I will never be without a lack of music.

electronicstorm
12-07-2006, 11:17 PM
quit counting a couple of summers ago. Last time I counted I had 6000+ cd's (I'd guess around 8000+ CD's :shrug: ).

Just to show how much a music junkie I am, 554 of the total were official releases just bought in the past 2 years-With more on their way...I didnt include Deb's Country, Classical & New Age cd's in the count nor my Classical/Jazz releases. I also have over 1000 audio cassettes & a huge LP/45 collection I inherited from my Mother's passing. Also I inherited 2 huge cases of CD's that belonged to my Mother, so I will never be without a lack of music.

Holy ****e!! Well at least if the world ended tomorrow and only a few people were to survive, you should be one of them!! :laugh:

macmar71
12-09-2006, 10:39 AM
only at work or in the car