PDA

View Full Version : For Your Consideration

DrummerDeanna
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
So I just saw Christopher Guest's latest, For Your Consideration.

Very funny, but not quite what I was expecting. This film was different than his last two in that it wasn't in the "documentary" format...but there were some very funny moments and as always the cast was superb.

Catherine O'Hara by far stole this movie...she was just great as were Parker Posey and Harry Shearer, I'd say those three were tops for me, though Jennifer Coolidge (in her brief parts) was hilarious, but then she always is :D

I'd definitely recomend this to any Christopher Guest fan :nod:

-----

Before the film they played the trailer for 'Pursuit of Happyness" I am dying to see this movie - it looks really good - the trailer alone makes me cry though - I have a feeling it'll be a real tear-jerker, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Serrart
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Before the film they played the trailer for 'Pursuit of Happyness" I am dying to see this movie - it looks really good - the trailer alone makes me cry though - I have a feeling it'll be a real tear-jerker, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I think an interesting component in it would be Gabriele Muccino's direction. Hes' one of the most known Italian directors (not really my favourite, but he has a lot of fans here), his cinema is over emotional (not melò, but charged with over the edge emotions). His characters shout, cry, suffer a lot but when he's in a good day, he's also able to get a quite convincing portrait of today's relationships and society. Anfd I'm anxious to see how will Smith had found a dimension in all this.

Romy

DrummerDeanna
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
^^

Hmm..that's interesting, and I didn't even know who was directing it actually. This one does look like it'll be totally emotional...in the trailer alone there's crying, suffering and shouting :laugh:

I am also very curious to see Will Smith pull this off - the only thing non-comedyish I've seen him in is Six Degrees of Seperation which he is excellent in :nod:

irishgrl
12-03-2006, 09:51 PM
^^

Hmm..that's interesting, and I didn't even know who was directing it actually. This one does look like it'll be totally emotional...in the trailer alone there's crying, suffering and shouting :laugh:

I am also very curious to see Will Smith pull this off - the only thing non-comedyish I've seen him in is Six Degrees of Seperation which he is excellent in :nod:
hey, Independence Day wasnt comedy :shrug:

DrummerDeanna
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
hey, Independence Day wasnt comedy :shrug:

Oh right! I forgot he was in that...! I can't remember anything though except his dragging an alien or something and I remember that being somewhat comedic.

ontheEdgeof17
12-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Oh right! I forgot he was in that...! I can't remember anything though except his dragging an alien or something and I remember that being somewhat comedic.

The Legend of Bagger Vance? Which I never saw because it looks extremely boring.

DrummerDeanna
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM
The Legend of Bagger Vance? Which I never saw because it looks extremely boring.

OH! that's right, and I never saw it for the exact same reason :lol:

irishgrl
12-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Um, Men In Black was serious Biz, ya know.........(just kidding, of course)

BUT: Wild Wild West was a documentary. I have it on the best authority. sort of.

goldustsongbird
12-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I've heard really mixed reviews about this... people are pretty clear about how they feel. Either they like it, or they friggin' hate it. I did hear that it wasn't like other CG movies. I want to see it, but like I said... None of my friends (whatever's left of them, anyway) like COH and would go with me. :lol:

DrummerDeanna
12-04-2006, 08:24 PM
I've heard really mixed reviews about this... people are pretty clear about how they feel. Either they like it, or they friggin' hate it. I did hear that it wasn't like other CG movies. I want to see it, but like I said... None of my friends (whatever's left of them, anyway) like COH and would go with me. :lol:

She is HILARIOUS...her character is a bid sad - but she had me laughing. Interesting - I've not heard any bad reviews yet....but if one is going in expecting a mockumentary - they'd be disapointed.

I'm surprised it hadn't come out (if it did I missed it) that this was not a mockumentary like his other films....

goldustsongbird
12-04-2006, 08:29 PM
She is HILARIOUS...her character is a bid sad - but she had me laughing. Interesting - I've not heard any bad reviews yet....but if one is going in expecting a mockumentary - they'd be disapointed.

I'm surprised it hadn't come out (if it did I missed it) that this was not a mockumentary like his other films....

Yeah, from the clips they showed when she was on Leno and Tavis Smiley, it looked funny. Even if it ended up being ****, I'd probably love, since I have such crappy taste. :laugh:

DrummerDeanna
12-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, from the clips they showed when she was on Leno and Tavis Smiley, it looked funny. Even if it ended up being ****, I'd probably love, since I have such crappy taste. :laugh:

But it wasn't **** so...:shrug: I mean critically it's gotten good reviews (from what I've seen) - but I'm the only person I know who's seen it.

If someone is a fan of Guest I can't imagine them not liking this film...it does have many of his signatures and all in all I found it amusing. Oh - and there was something quite unexpected the Catherine O'Hara character does that had me cracking up...

goldustsongbird
12-04-2006, 08:42 PM
But it wasn't **** so...:shrug: I mean critically it's gotten good reviews (from what I've seen) - but I'm the only person I know who's seen it.

If someone is a fan of Guest I can't imagine them not liking this film...it does have many of his signatures and all in all I found it amusing. Oh - and there was something quite unexpected the Catherine O'Hara character does that had me cracking up...

Details, please. :cool:

DrummerDeanna
12-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Details, please. :cool:

But then it won't be a surprise....and that was part of the fun of it....:p

Of course I'll feel like an ass if it's already been shown in previews - but I never knew of this from all the trailers and such I'd seen :D

goldustsongbird
12-04-2006, 08:51 PM
But then it won't be a surprise....and that was part of the fun of it....:p

Of course I'll feel like an ass if it's already been shown in previews - but I never knew of this from all the trailers and such I'd seen :D

But I wanna know! *throws a tantrum* :p

DrummerDeanna
12-04-2006, 08:54 PM
But I wanna know! *throws a tantrum* :p

Do you? ok..

*******************SPOILER*********************
sort of....

Ok. So they're filming that movie - and then it finishes and it flashes forward a few months...and you see COH and she's gotten all sort of cosmetic surgery and just looks awful (but hilariou) I mean I DIED....but it's sort of sad in a way....

That's the thing with this film - it had a twinge of sadness/patheticness that his others didn't...

goldustsongbird
12-04-2006, 09:13 PM
^ HAHA! I read about that part. I never imagined it having that sad sort of feeling, but based on what I've seen so far, I can kinda see that. But no, I haven't seen that part at all.