PDA

View Full Version : Seymour Duncan custom pick ups

SteveMacD
11-16-2006, 08:35 PM
This may be old information, but I just saw that the Seymour Duncan custom shop offers "P. Green" humbuckers. They're $160 each; $300 set. A bit pricey, but I've always had good luck with Duncans. Color me curious.

zoork_1
11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
I just saw that the Seymour Duncan custom shop offers "P. Green" humbuckers. They're $160 each; $300 set. A bit pricey, but I've always had good luck with Duncans.

There are cheaper ways to.... :-)

You can get close to the PG “out of phase” with only a small (some may call it big) pickup modification.
I got some of the magics by turning the magnet (in one pickup) over 180 degrees. I have an mp3 sample (me playing a modified Gibson Les Paul) and mod. notes if somebody is interested...

//Michel

maryellen healy
11-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Gibson just released the Jimmy Page 59 Les Paul with a special "B B King switch", that puts it out of phase. Since Peter Green pissed off the Gibson people way back when, they withdrew the Plans for the Peter Green Guitar only to have it resurface as a "switch" on annother Brit's unbelievably overpriced comemorative instrument.

I'd go with the pickup or do what Peter did.

sharksfan2000
11-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Just curious, how did Peter piss off the Gibson people? Just by not playing their guitars?

maryellen healy
11-17-2006, 03:21 PM
according to his biographer, in the 90's they set up a showcase for him in germany financed by the gibson guitar company featuring him with a Les Paul because of his noteriety with the 59 LP that Gary Moore had at the time. He came to the gig with a couple of strats and a howard roberts and did not want to play a les paul. There was a big to do and the gibson people were not happy. PG was asked if he would ever cooperate with Gibson again involving their guitars. He said something to the effect of "after I am dead"

sharksfan2000
11-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info - I hadn't remembered reading about that incident.

mzero
11-17-2006, 04:26 PM
according to his biographer, in the 90's they set up a showcase for him in germany financed by the gibson guitar company featuring him with a Les Paul because of his noteriety with the 59 LP that Gary Moore had at the time. He came to the gig with a couple of strats and a howard roberts and did not want to play a les paul. There was a big to do and the gibson people were not happy. PG was asked if he would ever cooperate with Gibson again involving their guitars. He said something to the effect of "after I am dead"

that's great, i hadn't heard this story before! what a character.