PDA

View Full Version : Christine and Bekka

Villavic
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't know about these girls friendship. Did they get along well? Did they work together and enjoy it?? How was Christine attitude toward Bekka? I never read anything about it.

macfan 57
11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't know about these girls friendship. Did they get along well? Did they work together and enjoy it?? How was Christine attitude toward Bekka? I never read anything about it.

I have never heard Chris say anything at all about Bekka, but I'm sure they got along better than Chris & Dave Mason did.:D There was a 20 year age difference, so that could have made it a bit awkward.

By the way, I don't hear Bekka singing on any of Chris' songs, but I do hear Chris on at least one of Bekka's songs. I'm not sure they actually worked together on the album.

foxyluva
11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
By the way, I don't hear Bekka singing on any of Chris' songs, but I do hear Chris on at least one of Bekka's songs. I'm not sure they actually worked together on the album.

It sounds to me like Christine recorded her songs elsewhere :shrug:

I can totally hear Christine on "Talking to My Heart" and "Nothing Without You", so that is two she is on...

macfan 57
11-01-2006, 07:39 PM

I can totally hear Christine on "Talking to My Heart" and "Nothing Without You", so that is two she is on...

Yes, I can hear her on those 2 songs also. Her keyboards are on "Nothing Without You" as well.

I believe Chris recorded her songs at a later time than everybody else.

SteveMacD
11-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Bekka MIGHT be on "I Do," but I really can't tell.

foxyluva
11-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Bekka MIGHT be on "I Do," but I really can't tell.

That is absolutely Bekka on "I Do" :nod:

PsychCat
11-02-2006, 06:39 AM
This is the very thing I've been wanting to ask Bekka. I have been a Christine fan from the git-go.... ie, Rumours album/tour.
But now Bekka is touring with Vinny... but if/when I remember, I'll let my Mac peeps* know. :wavey:

Mac peep = small, brightly colored marshmallow sugar penguin? :shrug:

macfan 57
11-02-2006, 06:47 AM
This is the very thing I've been wanting to ask Bekka. I have been a Christine fan from the git-go.... ie, Rumours album/tour.
But now Bekka is touring with Vinny... but if/when I remember, I'll let my Mac peeps* know. :wavey:

Mac peep = small, brightly colored marshmallow sugar penguin? :shrug:

Please let us know. I'd be very interested to know know what Bekka thinks of Chris & how they contributed to each other's Time songs.

Villavic
11-17-2006, 08:23 PM

Makes sense.. She appears just with John and Mick in the Time CD book. Well, the whole lineup does not appear all together at all!! :shrug:

SteveMacD
11-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Makes sense.. She appears just with John and Mick in the Time CD book. Well, the whole lineup does not appear all together at all!! :shrug:

Well, in that booklet, anyway.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fleetwoodmac_1995.jpg

And this (which was taken in that 18 month period when Billy left the band)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/trackaghost/Mac/Mac951.jpg

macfan 57
11-18-2006, 06:48 AM

As far as I know, this is the only picture that exists with all 6 members of the Time line-up. At least this is the only one I've ever seen.

Gailh
11-18-2006, 07:13 AM
One thing I don't understand about Time is that Christine seemed to have some "contractural obligation" to perform.

If she did how come Stevie didn't?

:confused:

I'd like to know how the two ladies worked together (if they did)

Gail

aleuzzi
11-18-2006, 05:55 PM
I have never heard Chris say anything at all about Bekka, but I'm sure they got along better than Chris & Dave Mason did.:D There was a 20 year age difference, so that could have made it a bit awkward.

I didn't know Chris had trouble with Dave Mason. Do tell!

I hear Bekka on "Holywood" and "I Do"--and possibly on "Sooner or Later."

aleuzzi
11-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Well, in that booklet, anyway.

And this (which was taken in that 18 month period when Billy left the band)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/trackaghost/Mac/Mac951.jpg

I love the second pic! It's clear the band were in the same room, too; whereas, in the previous one on the couch, I always wondered if each one was workshopped in! Maybe it's the beard, but Chris looks about 15 years younger in the second one, too.

macfan 57
11-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I didn't know Chris had trouble with Dave Mason. Do tell!

It's pretty well known that Chris couldn't stand Dave Mason for various reasons(Steve Winwood, Mason's drug problems, etc.) for many years. Steve MacD could elaborate.;)

Villavic
11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I love the second pic! It's clear the band were in the same room, too; whereas, in the previous one on the couch, I always wondered if each one was workshopped in! Maybe it's the beard, but Chris looks about 15 years younger in the second one, too.

about the first, I suspected about a photo collage..
and yes.. she looks younger in the 2nd. And Bekka looks like Stevie in 1977

It's pretty well known that Chris couldn't stand Dave Mason for various reasons(Steve Winwood, Mason's drug problems, etc.) for many years. Steve MacD could elaborate.;)

What's about Steve Winwood??

macfan 57
11-21-2006, 06:14 AM
about the first, I suspected about a photo collage..
and yes.. she looks younger in the 2nd. And Bekka looks like Stevie in 1977

What's about Steve Winwood??

Steve Winwood & Dave Mason have long had problems together, even back in their Traffic days. Christine & Steve have been good friends for years.

I also think Chris just simply doesn't like Dave Mason.

aleuzzi
11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Maybe it's time for SteveMacD to elaborate on the "Chris Hates Dave Mason" thing right here...Steve, are you out there?