PDA

View Full Version : Another Link In The Chain Videos

Musicman408
10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I found some videos from the Mac's tour they did before the release of Time. I went to youtube.com and typed Fleetwood Mac the Chain in the search and I got a lot of vids from the concert, that I thought you all would enjoy.:thumbsup:

Much Love,
Ethan

PsychCat
10-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks!!
I was just about to start a thread about anyone who saw the TIME tour.
I was curious what the songlists were. :wavey:

foxyluva
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Wow - after seeing this, I have to say, they really do sound like a Fleetwood Mac cover band...

carrie721
10-24-2006, 04:00 PM
i think the reason this lineup didn't work out is that you can't have two men who look like mick on the same stage. :sorry:

Villavic
10-24-2006, 05:57 PM
A concert was aired in A&E but I couldn't watch it, is it the same ?

I guess Bekka was heavily compared with Stevie and couldn't get out succesful of that. It was hard, you can't be compared with a legend. Imagine an ABBA with a girl replacing Agnetha, a Beatles with a Lennon replacement, they can be good but the media would be tyrant with them.

I'm not saying they are irreplaceable, my point is that the media have no mercy when a legend band change its lineup. The Rumours lineup was lucky cause the previous lineups were not legends (except for the blue first lineups of course).

PsychCat
10-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I guess Bekka was heavily compared with Stevie and couldn't get out succesful of that. It was hard, you can't be compared with a legend. ...... I'm not saying they are irreplaceable, my point is that the media have no mercy when a legend band change its lineup. The Rumours lineup was lucky cause the previous lineups were not legends (except for the blue first lineups of course).

Bekka was pretty much stepping into the platform boots of both Stevie and Christine. How in the heck could anyone be expected to pull that one off?
Bekka does her own thing best... her own style, writing, and performing.
As I was watching some of the "Time" footage, I was thinking there was NO WAY I would have bought her singing Christine's song in concert back then! And that was exactly why I didn't go see them back then. But as much as I love Bekka now, she gets a pass as the only other person that can sing those tunes. ;)

Asking Billy to take over for Lindsey is one thing... but asking Bekka to take over for Stevie was right up there with Kenny Jones taking over for Keith Moon....
both gifted in their own ways but not really interchangeable. :wavey:

Neb-Maat-Re
10-25-2006, 10:06 PM
This looked like a reasonably good show to me - more watchable than the Tango video.

I was struck at how much Bekka looked like Bonnie - I don't see it so much in the usual publicity shots.

SteveMacD
10-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Bekka had to deal with comparisons to Stevie, Christine, and her own mother! Yet, at the two shows I saw, and in the bootlegs I've seen, the crowds really liked her. In fact, the biggest gripe crowds seemed to have is that they didn't do ENOUGH new songs! (I agree, though considering there hadn't been an album released yet, it didn't make a difference.)

SteveMacD
10-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Wow - after seeing this, I have to say, they really do sound like a Fleetwood Mac cover band...

I can't agree, but that's due to the fact that I've always been a bigger fan of Mick and John as a rhythm section than I've been of the vocalists. I've heard a few cover bands. Some have been pretty convincing. But none have been able to copy that certain something Mick an John bring to the band.

As for the other three, I'd like to know what you're smoking (and where I can get some). The simple fact is that Bekka and Billy were too country to be purists with that material, and Dave Mason only did his own material. "Say You Love Me" never had THAT country twang, and Lindsey even played a banjo on the original! Bekka and Billy added their stamp to the classics, just as Stevie and Lindsey did, just as Bob Welch did. Whenever anybody has joined this band, they've had to do the classics. EVERY Mac guitarist has had to play "Oh Well" at some point in time.

PsychCat
10-26-2006, 05:44 AM
I was struck at how much Bekka looked like Bonnie - I don't see it so much in the usual publicity shots.

No kidding! The resemblance is eery in both looks and voice! :shocked:

wetcamelfood
10-26-2006, 05:44 PM
the media have no mercy when a legend band change its lineup. The Rumours lineup was lucky cause the previous lineups were not legends (except for the blue first lineups of course).

Great point, I guess I'm just surprised that many fans want to go along with that & buy in to it (what the media want people to think of the other lineups/members) instead of standing up to it/thinking for their own tastes & giving the others a more realistic chance like they would any "new" artist. Oh well. :)

John

SteveMacD
10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Great point, I guess I'm just surprised that many fans want to go along with that & buy in to it (what the media want people to think of the other lineups/members) instead of standing up to it/thinking for their own tastes & giving the others a more realistic chance like they would any "new" artist. Oh well. :)

Why experience anything for yourself? I mean, "Mystery To Me" was so awful, the reviewer from Rolling Stone threw it out of a window. "Fleetwood Mac" was just a carbon copy of "Bare Trees," though maybe slightly better. "Out Of The Cradle" got the three page review treatment and a very high rating. "Under The Skin" got just a blurb. It's interesting to see how priorities change.

SteveMacD
10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
No kidding! The resemblance is eery in both looks and voice! :shocked:

I can see a lot of both in Bekka. With the voice, Bekka got the best of both. She can do the soul shouting thing like her mother, but has the smootheness/balance of her father.