PDA

View Full Version : Excellent interview with Jeremy Spencer on line

BklynBlue
08-31-2006, 07:01 PM
As a long time subscriber to Blues Revue magazine, imagine my delight when I pulled out the latest issue from my mailbox and saw an article on Jeremy Spencer bannered across the top of the cover.

I guessed it would be a one page Q & A, basically a press release from his American label.

I was happily wrong! There is an respectful interview with intelligent questions and thoughtful answers.

Even better, go out to http://www.bluesrevue.com/ and click on "Extra" in the column on the left had side of the screen and they provide an even longer version.

Slide the new disc into your CD player and enjoy!

sharksfan2000
08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the link to this interview, BklynBlue! I've just glanced through it so far, but it looks great. Looking forward to reading it this evening.

desertangel
09-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks for posting this link. So happy to know Jeremy has recorded some music. The following made me kinda sad to read, but I respect his decision...

"Rumors have circulated that the original four- or five-piece Mac lineup might reunite for a tour. Is that possible? Would Peter's fragile mental health allow it, is Danny in any kind of shape to do it, and would you want to be part of such a carnival?

You have asked valid questions about reasons that could make it a possible carnival. At this point in time, I have no desire to be a part of it."

robm
09-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the link Brooklynblue...quite an enjoyable little article...I had contacted Bluestown regarding my order of Jeremy's new CD (as I had not recieved it yet) and they informed me that Jeremy has dates set in Mumbai and Bagalore India for feb. 07. 3 dates in Mumbai, and 2 dates in Bangalore (But to not report these to the local media, I don't believe discussing this here is leaking out any info on this). I'm looking forward to hearing the new recording and seeing him live, and hopefully he will get into the "gigging" thing abit, and enjoy himself while performing. I know many of us out there will enjoy hearing him and his band of bluesmates.:D

macfan 57
09-01-2006, 05:37 AM
That was a great interview! Thanks for posting the link, BklynBlue.:)

I don't think it's sad that he wants nothing to do with a Fleetwood Mac reunion. He sounds very happy & content with his life as it is now.

triimoral
09-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Could just be Jeremy's reaction to a tour. But given the right circumstances, players and atmosphere he might just make history in the studio. "All things are possible to those that believe".

jeremy spencer
09-01-2006, 11:36 PM
what I just did in Bluestown studio made history for me ... at last!

HomerMcvie
09-01-2006, 11:58 PM
what I just did in Bluestown studio made history for me ... at last!
So Jeremy, would you really not consider being part of a big reunion tour? I know that many of us would love to see just that!

triimoral
09-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Agreed. And for the rest of us.
A quote from the article, "Real feeling in blues - and I don't think it's just grumbling about your lot and complaining, but healing and empathetic emotion - has to come from God. It's not a matter of color...."
So true. Thanks for those sweet sounds Jerry, and i hope that we'll see your history repeating itself.

desertangel
09-02-2006, 03:22 AM
That was a great interview! Thanks for posting the link, BklynBlue.:)

I don't think it's sad that he wants nothing to do with a Fleetwood Mac reunion. He sounds very happy & content with his life as it is now.

I'm guilty of wishing things would be different so there could be a reunion. If that would disrupt Mr. Spencer's much deserved happiness and contentment, then it's not worth it at all. This is all very exciting and I am really looking forward to hearing the new material!

Cussion
09-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Jeremy, how was Danny doing when you met him in 2002? was he happy?

aleuzzi
09-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey this must be Jeremy's year. A local radio show that features blues on Sunday afternoon did an hour-long tribute to Jeremy Spencer last week! I couldn't believe my ears. All of the tunes were from the early Mac. Some songs I didn't recognize may have come from the self-titled solo album--but even those were credied with Mac backing.

The radio hosts also did a lot of plugging for Jeremys recent return to the spotlight!

bretonbanquet
09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
That's such a great interview. More than anything else, Jeremy seems really comfortable with everything - more comfortable than some people would try to tell you.

Very nice to hear about how Jeremy and Danny worked together when Peter had gone - I often think that must have been a really interesting time for the band members - working out which direction to take etc. And such a brief time, in the end!

If Jeremy has the time, I'd also like to know how Danny seemed when they met - I hope he's as comfortable and happy as Jeremy :nod:

PenguinHead
09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
I've known for a long time that during the Then Play On period they had considered pairing the album with a Jeremy Spencer EP, but I thought they scrapped it. However, according to his interview, it sounds like the EP was released (He mentions how it failed).

I'm confused. Is there really a Jeremy Spencer album backed by Fleetwood Mac?? Perhaps it was never released, or maybe the tracks just showed up on the numerous Fleetwood Mac compilations. Anyone know what happened to those songs? It's a mystery to me.

dino
09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
I've known for a long time that during the Then Play On period they had considered pairing the album with a Jeremy Spencer EP, but I thought they scrapped it. However, according to his interview, it sounds like the EP was released (He mentions how it failed).

I'm confused. Is there really a Jeremy Spencer album backed by Fleetwood Mac?? Perhaps it was never released, or maybe the tracks just showed up on the numerous Fleetwood Mac compilations. Anyone know what happened to those songs? It's a mystery to me.

Oh yeah, there is: "Jeremy Spencer" (1970).
Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Spencer_%28album%29

Though Peter Green only plays (banjo!) on "Stringalong".

bretonbanquet
09-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Oh yeah, there is: "Jeremy Spencer" (1970).
Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Spencer_%28album%29

Though Peter Green only plays (banjo!) on "Stringalong".

I wrote that article, such as it is - nice to know that people look at it! :o