PDA

View Full Version : FM-Reunion becomes true?

manfred
08-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Hallo,

has anybody heard about the fact Greeny, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Rick Vito are actually working together on Hawaii to come in shape to realise a tour together? It should have been told by Vito’s label HYPERTENTION as reason for the cancelled Rick Vito tour in September 2006.

I'll come back to this statement soon, because I'll check this news via a person who has directly contact to Rick Vito. Let's cross our fingers again!

Best wishes and regards
Manfred

shackin'up
08-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Hallo,

has anybody heard about the fact Greeny, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Rick Vito are actually working together on Hawaii to come in shape to realise a tour together? It should have been told by Vito’s label HYPERTENTION as reason for the cancelled Rick Vito tour in September 2006.

I'll come back to this statement soon, because I'll check this news via a person who has directly contact to Rick Vito. Let's cross our fingers again!

Best wishes and regards
Manfred

That would be a spectacular move. Let's hope it's true!

chiliD
08-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Actually, the project you heard about is the NEW Mick Fleetwood Band...which consists of:

Mick Fleetwood: drums
Rick Vito: guitar, vocals
Billy Burnette: guitar, vocals
George Hawkins: bass, vocals

Not McVie or Green.

SteveMacD
08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Which again begs why not just call it Mick Fleetwood's Zoo? It's closer to the "I'm Not Me" band than anything else. (Now, all they need to do is add Bekka Bramlett and Brett Tuggle!)

manfred
08-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Yes, you're right. Here's the reply of Rick Vito:

Yes, I am in Hawaii, but only with Mick--no Peter and no John.
We assembled the Mick Fleetwood Band with Billy Burnette and George Hawkins.
You can go to www.reharsals.com to view us.
No plans to tour yet.
Best wishes,
Rick>>

shackin'up
08-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Well....both Bad moon rising and BMWoman are pathetic.

Ok vocally.

Rick rips the guitarparts of BMW apart. I wish this guy wrote better stuff himself.

chiliD
08-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Well....both Bad moon rising and BMWoman are pathetic.

Ok vocally.

Rick rips the guitarparts of BMW apart. I wish this guy wrote better stuff himself.

What are you talkin' about? :shrug: Vito's albums are awesome! (Ok, so is this some kind of payback? :lol: )

DavidMn
08-22-2006, 02:52 PM
What are you talkin' about? :shrug: Vito's albums are awesome! (Ok, so is this some kind of payback? :lol: )I won!! I bet a friend the Chili/Gerald truce wouldnt last as long as the Isreal/Hezbollah one would.:laugh:

chiliD
08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I won!! I bet a friend the Chili/Gerald truce wouldnt last as long as the Isreal/Hezbollah one would.:laugh:

I wouldn't be so sure of victory, David. No "f" bombs have been dropped. A simple inquiry into his sanity isn't an end to the truce. :lol:

shackin'up
08-22-2006, 04:33 PM
What are you talkin' about? :shrug: Vito's albums are awesome! (Ok, so is this some kind of payback? :lol: )

No I like Vito. As a guitarist and as a person. But his songwriting does nothing for me. Too archetypical, too flat, no adventure. No payback, dude, I'm not rancunous.

BTW: don't you agree that Billy's Bad Moon Rising was blasphemous? And that for the guy that did so much awesome backingwork on the Fogerty-tour.

shackin'up
08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
I won!! I bet a friend the Chili/Gerald truce wouldnt last as long as the Isreal/Hezbollah one would.:laugh:

What do you know about a truce in the first place? And who did bet that we would last longer?
Second: We've built up quite a name over here Steve.:D

chiliD
08-22-2006, 05:07 PM
No I like Vito. As a guitarist and as a person. But his songwriting does nothing for me. Too archetypical, too flat, no adventure. No payback, dude, I'm not rancunous.

You have heard his solo albums? His unreleased material from Behind The Mask? "Stand On The Rock" is FAR, FAR, FAR from his best material.

BTW: don't you agree that Billy's Bad Moon Rising was blasphemous? And that for the guy that did so much awesome backingwork on the Fogerty-tour.

Not really. C'mon, Gerald...they were REHEARSING it. Throughout the video, there wasn't a fully rehearsed version of it. ANYBODY (even Fogerty) would sound like crap when they're just rehearsing a song and working out parts. I thought the interesting thing was that the whole front line has worked with Fogerty (George Hawkins has been Fogerty's bass player the whole time Billy's been with him...and Rick Vito did a European tour in Fogerty's band a few years ago). Mick's the only one who hasn't.

I hope these four come around on tour (especially in small to medium sized clubs), I'd pay to see 'em in a heartbeat.

I think we should get a percentage of the payout of the bet (as a kind of usage of our names & likenesses), don't you, Gerald. After all, we're the supposed "combatants". :nod: Either we get 25% EACH or they can expect a "cease & desist" order. :laugh:

shackin'up
08-22-2006, 05:22 PM
You have heard his solo albums? His unreleased material from Behind The Mask? "Stand On The Rock" is FAR, FAR, FAR from his best material.
Yes, I listen to everything any Macmember ever brings out. Hell, I even own that STUPID richard stepp album because christine was on there. Nowadays I don't feel obliged to buy anymore. If I don't like it, I don't like it. But Any Zoo or MF-album I'll buy unheard.

Not really. C'mon, Gerald...they were REHEARSING it. Throughout the video, there wasn't a fully rehearsed version of it. ANYBODY (even Fogerty) would sound like crap when they're just rehearsing a song and working out parts.

Well...have you heard the snippet of Lindsey singing World Turning on the DR-dvd? He did that better than during the whole tour.

And hey, this was rehearsing before audience. I think it stunk.
I hope these four come around on tour (especially in small to medium sized clubs), I'd pay to see 'em in a heartbeat.

Me too. That is, If they came over to the Netherlands ofcourse. But I must admit, I'd pay for every band that has MF in it. Even if he played with Billy Ray Cyrus.

I think we should get a percentage of the payout of the bet (as a kind of usage of our names & likenesses), don't you, Gerald. After all, we're the supposed "combatants". :nod: Either we get 25% EACH or they can expect a "cease & desist" order. :laugh:

:cool: :cool: :cool: Do you read that Mr Minnesota?:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Wouter Vuijk
08-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Yes, you're right. Here's the reply of Rick Vito:

Yes, I am in Hawaii, but only with Mick--no Peter and no John.
We assembled the Mick Fleetwood Band with Billy Burnette and George Hawkins.
You can go to www.reharsals.com to view us.
No plans to tour yet.
Best wishes,
Rick>>

No way I could open this link :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :mad:

Wouter Vuijk
08-22-2006, 08:24 PM
No way I could open this link :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :mad:

O.K. It just turned up to be a mistyping: it should have been www.rehearsals.com.
:thumbsup:

SteveMacD
08-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't know what Gerald's issue was, but I enjoyed it. BMR sounded about like what I'd expect BMR sung by Billy Burnette to sound like, and I enjoyed it. BMW was also great. But Rick's such a Green-head and a great guitarist that I'd be shocked if he didn't nail it. Good stuff. I hope they also do "When The Sun Goes Down" and some stuff from "The Visitor" and "I'm Not Me," and I hope this leads to a better Fleetwood Mac tour in 2007. I'd rather have Billy and Rick (and Bob Welch and Bekka) there than Neal and Carlos.

shackin'up
08-23-2006, 02:27 AM
I don't know what Gerald's issue was, but I enjoyed it. BMR sounded about like what I'd expect BMR sung by Billy Burnette to sound like, and I enjoyed it. BMW was also great. But Rick's such a Green-head and a great guitarist that I'd be shocked if he didn't nail it. Good stuff. I hope they also do "When The Sun Goes Down" and some stuff from "The Visitor" and "I'm Not Me," and I hope this leads to a better Fleetwood Mac tour in 2007. I'd rather have Billy and Rick (and Bob Welch and Bekka) there than Neal and Carlos.

:shrug: :shrug: Well I guess that after all I don't like Billy Burnette then. He sings it bad bad bad.

DavidMn
08-23-2006, 01:38 PM
What do you know about a truce in the first place? And who did bet that we would last longer?
Second: We've built up quite a name over here Steve.:DGerald my friend, it's all in fun.:nod: :laugh: It's fun watching you 2 go at it sometimes.

SteveMacD
08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
I just dawned on me that if they switched George out with John, it basically would be what they were going to do after the "Mask" tour. The original plan was for Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Billy, and Rick to continue making new records, but just the boys would tour.

BTW, there were a lot of lines to read between, but I got the feeling that they're doing what they wanted to do way back when, before they realized that there was an iconic element to Fleetwood Mac.

shackin'up
08-24-2006, 04:13 AM
I just dawned on me that if they switched George out with John, it basically would be what they were going to do after the "Mask" tour. The original plan was for Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Billy, and Rick to continue making new records, but just the boys would tour.

BTW, there were a lot of lines to read between, but I got the feeling that they're doing what they wanted to do way back when, before they realized that there was an iconic element to Fleetwood Mac.

Well, if that's the case....where's John then?

chiliD
08-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, if that's the case....where's John then?

In the process of moving into a new house.

PenguinHead
08-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Wow! I wonder if they plan out putting out an album? I'd like to see a live album. From the looks of it, they already played a entire live show. Does anyone know what the set list was? I'm really curious about that.

It's good to see Billy and Rick again. Although they are only a one-album wonder in Fleetwood Mac history, I'm beginning to see them as vital members of the band's "family." They were with Fleetwood Mac for four or so years. Plus, they've done numerous things with Stevie, Mick and Chris.

Rick is a major talent (and seems like a really nice guy), although I agree with some of the comments that his songs are a bit generic. Billy is looking more and more like Elvis these days. Looks like he's wearing a bit of make-up too.

Anyway, just random thoughts.

chiliD
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Although they are only a one-album wonder in Fleetwood Mac history...

Well, yeah, but they did record tracks for the 1988 Greatest Hits album, and they were members when the live video of Tango In The Night was released, so I consider them more than just one-album wonders. And, since Billy was on the Time album & preceeding tour, too...so he's DEFINITELY not a "one-album wonder".

Rick was in the band for 4+ years; but, Billy was a member for over 8 (from 1987-1996)

SteveMacD
08-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Just to add to Chili's comments, they also contributed their talents to the new songs on the box-set. Factor those songs with the 1988 "Greatest Hits" album and the song "Roll With Me Henry" (which was Fleetwood Mac minus Stevie), and there's at least an album and a half's worth of released material, which easily becomes two albums worth of material if the unreleased (better) "Mask"-era songs are thrown in.

robm
09-01-2006, 02:50 AM
This seems to have turned into a "post rumours" topic...the rehearsal vids were interesting, I'm sure by the time they are ready to actually perform they will have things together. That Billy guy does have a bit of a high/soft voice for some of the songs...IMO