PDA

View Full Version : Walter Egan's "Sisters of the Moon"

Miss Vicky
05-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Someone on the SevenWonders board requested this, so I figured I'd post it here, too.

--------

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walteregan/maddog/lostsisters.MP3

This is an approximately 2 minute long sample of Walter Egan's cover of "Sisters of the Moon," from his 2000 album <i><a href="http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walteregan/maddog/maddog.html">Mad Dog: The Lost Album</a></i>. The full song is about 5 minutes and 30 seconds long.

The version of the song sampled here was recorded in the mid 1980's, but Walter had been playing the song in concert since the 70s (before the release of <i>Tusk</i>) and had originally intended to record and release it for <i>Not Shy</i>, but that idea was axed by Lindsey Buckingham, who was acting as the main producer for the album.

Those of you who have not already purchased this CD would be well advised to do so. Not only does it include this song, but also guest appearances by both Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie.

Incidentally, there is also a live version of this song (recorded during the <i>Not Shy</i> tour) available on his 2004 release <i><a href="http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walteregan/meaningoflive/live.html">The Meaning of Live</a></i>.

chiliD
05-19-2006, 05:18 PM
An interesting thing...I SAW Walter at the Roxy in late '78. Stevie was in the audience (a couple of tables away from mine) when he played "Sisters Of The Moon" as an encore number. (Stevie had already made a guest appearance on stage singing backgrounds on a number of tunes in mid-set.) The rest of the story is too embarrassing to tell.

Miss Vicky
05-19-2006, 05:22 PM
The rest of the story is too embarrassing to tell.

You are such a tease!!!!

Spill it now before I am forced to hurt you!

chiliD
05-19-2006, 05:34 PM
You are such a tease!!!!

Spill it now before I am forced to hurt you!

{shaking in my boots...NOT};)

Ok, when the houselights came up, I walked over to Stevie's table to tell her how much I liked "Sisters Of The Moon". In mid-sentence, I was dragged out the front door by security. Maybe I was a bit too overzealous in my praise of the song...or maybe I'd drank a little too much during the show...or...?? But, anyway, one minute I'm talking to Stevie Nicks, the next I'm flat on my face on the sidewalk in front of the Roxy. And, Hollywood Blvd's sidewalk at 1am isn't the most hygenic place to be.

Miss Vicky
05-19-2006, 05:37 PM
:shocked:

Yikes... Over-react much?

They could've at least asked you to step back first and then dragged you out if you'd refused.

chiliD
05-19-2006, 05:40 PM
One of the ironic things was, the security guard who did that to me, once I looked up from the ground, was an ex-Little League baseball team teammate.

(he even made it into the first Cheech & Chong movie...typecast as a bouncer at the Roxy)

GarboSpeaks!
05-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Chili, I am SO waiting for your book to come out!!!! :eek:

chiliD
05-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Why? I post 'em all on line. Just compile my posts, sell 'em and send me the check. :lol: