PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of youth choir singing HAEWAFY

Josh2003
05-14-2006, 01:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8LvNUeO54

Not quite sure how I feel about this...its interesting though to see/hear one of Stevie's songs done by a choir.

Ahhhh, and they do EDGE too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp18K--oszs

paleshadow
05-14-2006, 01:49 AM
I do not care for the girl singing solo in the beginning, but when everyone joins in it's pretty cool. I also like the part where the girls start to sing "In your darkest hour" and the men come in. The guy who sings solo at the end is very good. I always thought it would be cool to have a choir sing on this song with Stevie, especially on the "and the rain comes down" part.

I'm afraid to listen to Edge, but what the heck!

Cool find! Thanks for posting!

OK, listening to Edge now. Solo girl in beginning is pretty good. I don't care for the choir treatment on this song though!

tynan88
05-14-2006, 03:57 AM
Well in Edge, they do more movement than Stevie, I dunno what to think HAEWAFY wasn't too bad, gave me chills actually.

johnny4406
05-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I got chills while I was watching HAEWAFY..

:eek:

UnwindedDreams
05-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Edge dancing...:eek: yuck, yuck...it looks more like Vogue:lol:

strandinthewind
05-14-2006, 10:18 AM
The first girl's range was not there and the Edge girl had no control over her breathing - both are due to age, experience, etc. But, they looked like they were having fun and the chorale pasrts were great. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to have done something like that in HS.

jkmaletic
05-14-2006, 10:23 AM
:laugh:

That totally reminded me of my grandparents' Branson, MO vacation videos they'd make me sit through. :rolleyes: They be like, "Isn't this a great show?"

Very interesting though- thanks for posting. :wavey:

MacMan
05-14-2006, 10:32 AM
I got chills while I was watching HAEWAFY..
:eek:

Got chills too... Then realized the window was open.:rolleyes:

But it is interesting to hear someone else sing her songs, you kind of listen to them differently, or more closely - at least I do. Almost like I'm listening to the words for the first time.

GODDESS6
05-14-2006, 11:18 AM
i liked HAEWAFY that was neat to see it sung that way!!!~

Sahara
05-14-2006, 12:50 PM
i liked HAEWAFY that was neat to see it sung that way!!!~

I agree -- really lovely.

sodascouts
05-14-2006, 04:00 PM
It's such a gorgeous song that it works well for a choir, although obviously with the singers being so young it's not going to pack the same kind of punch. Still, it's nice to see a choir try something different!

Oh, and the Edge dance - not workin' for me.

David
05-14-2006, 07:15 PM
These are beautiful!! I am in love ... again! It's great hearing Has Anyone arranged for four parts: soprano, alto, tenor & bass. Let's track down the arrangement in sheet, shall we?

The uncanny thing about the arrangement is that the bridge is so similar to the call-&-response that Stevie worked up with Elisecia Wright on the 1986 tour--as if this arranger knew that arrangement! [chills]

sparky
05-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Those were fun. The kids must have had a blast. There is something refreshing about seeing young people with such energy and joy performing.
It's a hoot. Clearly some gay choir director went completely berserk. Some of the choreography was just priceless. In a good way and a bad way. Thanks for the links !

nightbird89
05-14-2006, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8LvNUeO54

Not quite sure how I feel about this...its interesting though to see/hear one of Stevie's songs done by a choir.

Ahhhh, and they do EDGE too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp18K--oszs

No offence or nething, but YUCK! :sorry: I couldn't stand that. The only reason i could hold my fort 4 all of it was because it's stevie
(not sure if that makes a whole lotta sense) but that was AWFUL! Just imagine the doing the bridge on edge: The clouds never expect it part.:distress:

UndoingTheLaces
05-14-2006, 11:26 PM
These are beautiful!! I am in love ... again! It's great hearing Has Anyone arranged for four parts: soprano, alto, tenor & bass. Let's track down the arrangement in sheet, shall we?

The uncanny thing about the arrangement is that the bridge is so similar to the call-&-response that Stevie worked up with Elisecia Wright on the 1986 tour--as if this arranger knew that arrangement! [chills]

I thought that too, I was thinking that it would have been cool if they had done that part during the bridge like they had done it in the Red Rocks video.

I'm sorry, this reminded me of the Lawrence Welk show and made me really glad that show is not around any more. Could you imagine what they would have done with a lot of today's hits? Yikes.

I thought the kids did a great job, though. The arrangement of the music took a lot of the emotion out of the song, but the kids really pushed to make it work.

Josh2003
05-14-2006, 11:28 PM

I thought the exact same thing! Maybe Elisecia is the director! :lol:

nwestohiofan
05-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I thought it was great. Stevie's music belongs to all of us and should be played and sang for all.

God bless the choir director who shared this music with those kids.

Can you imagine if we were all choir directors....we would pick similar songs Im sure.

JazmenFlowers
05-15-2006, 01:32 PM
very cool. HAEWAFY gave me chills too...I think it was, as David said, hearing all those separate harmonies like that.

jwd
05-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh, and the Edge dance - not workin' for me.

:laugh: I know. I know. :laugh:

I guess the more important thing to me is that the next generation is covering Stevie's songs, as opposed to how they're being done. Obviously, her words and music continue to touch a LOT of people. It's what legends are made of. :nod:

DavidMn
05-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I lliked it.:thumbsup:

Livia
05-15-2006, 08:57 PM
OMG - EO17 into Thunderstruck? :lol: