PDA

View Full Version : the wiz has responded ...

carrie721
05-08-2006, 06:50 PM
i think he's going to have a tough time getting people to pay money after that nicksfix announcement, though!

http://www.sevenwondersonline.net/index.php/topic,4411.0.html

Tango
05-08-2006, 07:03 PM
http://spinroot.com/spin/Gif/spinlogo2_medium.gif

Get your money back. Now.

Ghost_Tracker
05-08-2006, 11:41 PM
BOY he SURE has!

(But look at what he said and compare it to what John ACTUALLY said.
i.m.o. this is very clear.)

Ghost_Tracker
05-08-2006, 11:45 PM
http://spinroot.com/spin/Gif/spinlogo2_medium.gif

Get your money back. Now.

I agree, and in my opinion if people carefully read the "response" and compare it even halfway-carefully to what John actually said, they'll see why.
And I love your phraseology; it's just absolutely 100% dead-on.

David
05-09-2006, 01:07 AM
So does all this mean that the plan (on the part of the organizers) was to sell tickets first & then to pitch the idea to the Nicks organization?

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 01:16 AM
So does all this mean that the plan (on the part of the organizers) was to sell tickets first & then to pitch the idea to the Nicks organization? and where have you been? :laugh: ;)

David
05-09-2006, 01:52 AM
and where have you been? :laugh: ;)
Oops. I was lost in my "Stand Back" raptus from the old Wild Heart Tour:

http://download.yousendit.com/25B784285A45C28E

When I play my old "Stand Back," I enter what I call a raptus--a sort of hyperenergized trance. I lose touch with reality & am unable to follow the line of conversation on the Ledge. :shocked: :]

Well, that's too bad about this whole affair. But maybe it will all turn out right in the end. :thumbsup:

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 03:38 PM
"the wizard" deleted the "response to nicksfix" thread :confused:

JazmenFlowers
05-09-2006, 03:53 PM
"the wizard" deleted the "response to nicksfix" thread :confused:
wah??? strange...

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 04:01 PM
wah??? strange...
even stranger is the original link is active
yet on the site its gone...

perhaps another announcement is forthcoming?
hopefully everyone is cool w/whatever it is :cool:

'woven mystery'
I MISS LINDSEY!

Jyqm
05-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Can I take this opportunity to say thanks to Marty for the truly lovely design of The Ledge?

I never read Seven Wonders, mainly because I waste enough of my time on here, and one Fleetwood Mac message board is more than enough for me, but also because the layout and the colors over there hurt my eyes like a mother. Yikes.

So thanks for The Ledge, Marty. Top-notch work, it's really a beautifully put together website.

DavidMn
05-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Can I take this opportunity to say thanks to Marty for the truly lovely design of The Ledge?

I never read Seven Wonders, mainly because I waste enough of my time on here, and one Fleetwood Mac message board is more than enough for me, but also because the layout and the colors over there hurt my eyes like a mother. Yikes.

So thanks for The Ledge, Marty. Top-notch work, it's really a beautifully put together website.Here Here!:nod:

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
So thanks for The Ledge, Marty. Top-notch work, it's really a beautifully put together website.
yes my visits there are quite limited
due to the layout :nod:

Sahara
05-09-2006, 04:29 PM

Amen to that. Like BTFLCHLd, the layout puts me right off.

Plus the Ledge just rocks more in general.

There are other non-Mac related boards I visit which are designed like Seven Wonders that I don't visit that much either because of that layout. The Ledge is much more user friendly.

cliffdweller
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
The SevenWonders layout sucks. I don't know what I'm reading half the time with all those banners and graphics and bull**** floating around. Someone needs to clean it up, it's quite attrocious.

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I just use the "show unread posts since your last visit" link and avoid the forums.

Also, the Ledge does indeed rock and roll!!!!!

Brwn_eyes0511
05-09-2006, 04:36 PM
The SevenWonders layout sucks. I don't know what I'm reading half the time with all those banners and graphics and bull**** floating around. Someone needs to clean it up, it's quite attrocious.

if i can figure it out.. anyone can.

diamondsnake
05-09-2006, 04:44 PM
This whole private concert thing is a fiasco! If you actually sent in money than I don't know what you were thinking. Did anyone actually think this would work out? This is just not something I could see Stevie being involved in.

cliffdweller
05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
if i can figure it out.. anyone can.

Oh, so that's where you've been hanging your hat these days :cool:.

amber
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
This whole private concert thing is a fiasco! If you actually sent in money than I don't know what you were thinking. Did anyone actually think this would work out? This is just not something I could see Stevie being involved in.

Okay, "fiasco"? :rolleyes:

Why are everyone's panties in a bunch so soon? I mean, this just happened, we don't even know what is really going on yet - why doesn't everyone just calm down and wait to see what happens? Everyone is acting like it should all be resolved in one second, that the end of the world is nigh, and that Brian has absconded with everyone's money. Mellow out.

Rickypt
05-09-2006, 05:09 PM

Yeah, but they have awesome emoticon thingies. I wish we had those here.

amber
05-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah, but they have awesome emoticon thingies. I wish we had those here.
I hate those! Most of them. Too cutesy. They do have a lot, though. But quantity isn't better than quality. :cool:

SortaSavageLike
05-09-2006, 05:37 PM
I hate those! Most of them. Too cutesy. They do have a lot, though. But quantity isn't better than quality. :cool:
http://65.36.167.144/Smileys/classic/StevieHittingLindseyWithHerTamborine.gif

amber
05-09-2006, 05:41 PM

uh...yeah...I totally see what you mean...:shocked:

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck24.gif

Jyqm
05-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Okay, "fiasco"? :rolleyes:

Why are everyone's panties in a bunch so soon? I mean, this just happened, we don't even know what is really going on yet - why doesn't everyone just calm down and wait to see what happens? Everyone is acting like it should all be resolved in one second, that the end of the world is nigh, and that Brian has absconded with everyone's money. Mellow out.

I gotta admit, if it had been a scam, that would have been hilarious. I would have been jealous that I didn't think of it first. That would be an awesome claim to infamy - "I told a bunch of Stevie Nicks fans to give me a couple hundred bucks and I would throw them a private party with Stevie herself, then I fled the country!" You'd go down in the rock & roll history books for something like that.

As it is, I'm kind of disappointed it's all been resolved so soon. Things have been so interesting around here...

Rickypt
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM

The problem is people overuse them.

amber
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I gotta admit, if it had been a scam, that would have been hilarious. I would have been jealous that I didn't think of it first. That would be an awesome claim to infamy - "I told a bunch of Stevie Nicks fans to give me a couple hundred bucks and I would throw them a private party with Stevie herself, then I fled the country!" You'd go down in the rock & roll history books for something like that.

As it is, I'm kind of disappointed it's all been resolved so soon. Things have been so interesting around here...

Good one, most respectful and articulate poster.

But the thing is, for the most part people trust Brian, and it's easy to get your money back from credit cards anyway. If that weren't the case, I don't think enough people would have bought it for him to flee the country - maybe Canada....:p
I did think of that, though.
I'm disappointed, too. But not about missing the endless wanky discussions about why Stevie is lame, and what she will or won't do, and how can we expect blah blah from her, and what she should really do when she tours, and how much better various other artists are for various reasons.

amber
05-09-2006, 05:55 PM
The problem is people overuse them.
I think the problem is that they are ugly. But, to each his own. I'm glad you like them. I like a couple of them. Mainly the Stevie tambo slap, and the ball snorting coke. I don't think I'd use them much, I just like them.

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 05:56 PM
as i mentioned to david earlier...
i was up to 2 am building pyramids
amazing how the mind works
devising all sorts of ways
to glean $$$$ from peeps frontside
play stocks for a fews
provide refunds on the backside
at a hella profit :]

Jyqm
05-09-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm disappointed, too. But not about missing the endless wanky discussions about why Stevie is lame, and what she will or won't do, and how can we expect blah blah from her, and what she should really do when she tours, and how much better various other artists are for various reasons.

That's not what I'm talking about either, I'm talking about all of the great behavioral observations I've been making this week. All the different reactions to all this party stuff have been really fascinating.

MacMan
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Isn't someone somewhere going to lose abit of money on this whole transaction. I mean Paypal is involved... don't they take a percentage of money coming to you.. or is it free? And if they do and the refunds are by Paypal, doesn't the receiver pay again to receive their money back?

Sahara
05-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Bwahahhahahaha!

I meant to post that earlier but forgot how.

On a rare visit that was what greeted me. I nearly fell off my chair. Funniest smiley EVER. :]

ThePenguin
05-09-2006, 06:20 PM

I doubt Marty would venture into the Stevie forum for any reason whatsoever, so I'll say thank you for him. :D Thanks for the kind words.

-Lis

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 06:21 PM
That's not what I'm talking about either, I'm talking about all of the great behavioral observations I've been making this week. All the different reactions to all this party stuff have been really fascinating. all part of your grand experiment, eh?
where comes the part lindsey
sticks his tongue out and i bite it?
ive been circling this maze forevers! ;)

JazmenFlowers
05-09-2006, 06:28 PM
I doubt Marty would venture into the Stevie forum for any reason whatsoever, so I'll say thank you for him. :D Thanks for the kind words.

-Lis
I have to add my name to the list of folks who think this is one of, if not the best, forums out there.

however, I'm curious as to why you say marty would never venture into the Stevie forum for any reason whatsoever?

gldstwmn
05-09-2006, 06:36 PM
That's not what I'm talking about either, I'm talking about all of the great behavioral observations I've been making this week. All the different reactions to all this party stuff have been really fascinating.

It's been something to see. :nod:

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 08:49 PM

-Lis

Oh - he's a chiffon head and ya know it :p

Seriously, thanks again!

David
05-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh - he's a chiffon head and ya know it :p I think he reads my posts......but that's all.

And a thank you to L&M from me, too!! :nod:

ThePenguin
05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
I have to add my name to the list of folks who think this is one of, if not the best, forums out there.

however, I'm curious as to why you say marty would never venture into the Stevie forum for any reason whatsoever?

He doesn't really go into any forums, not just Stevie's LOL. It's not like he's the Mac fan in the house. He mainly sticks w/ the administrative stuff.

He did kindly help me add pictures to John's Q&A. ;)

-Lis

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
He did kindly help me add pictures to John's Q&A
outstanding they are :nod:
thankyou for all you two do

JazmenFlowers
05-09-2006, 09:49 PM
He doesn't really go into any forums, not just Stevie's LOL. It's not like he's the Mac fan in the house. He mainly sticks w/ the administrative stuff.

He did kindly help me add pictures to John's Q&A. ;)

-Lis
ahhh. I see. well, you both sure have a legacy and an outstanding one at that.

Jyqm
05-10-2006, 04:08 AM
ahhh. I see. well, you both sure have a legacy and an outstanding one at that.

No, Jason, this is The Penguin, The Legacy is a totally different site run by totally different people, get with the program, man!

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Isn't someone somewhere going to lose abit of money on this whole transaction. I mean Paypal is involved... don't they take a percentage of money coming to you.. or is it free? And if they do and the refunds are by Paypal, doesn't the receiver pay again to receive their money back?
Good point... yes... paypal will sting the receiver to receive the money.

rianbay1
05-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Just so everyone here knows, I have already received my refund in the amount of the FULL $350 as promised.

Too bad so much negativity had to ruin something that could have been great.

Gypsy-Rhiannon
05-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Just so everyone here knows, I have already received my refund in the amount of the FULL $350 as promised.

Too bad so much negativity had to ruin something that could have been great.
Glad to hear you got your refund. But let's not blame the negativity for this not happening. There was a lot more to it than that!

cliffdweller
05-10-2006, 10:07 AM

Ha, ha! Exactly.