PDA

View Full Version : Negative

chiffon head
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Gosh, since I've been back here it seems like alot of negativity is floating around on this board. What's up? Stevie withdrawls?

REnee

Johnny Stew
05-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Gosh, since I've been back here it seems like alot of negativity is floating around on this board. What's up? Stevie withdrawls?I think it's actually the opposite, and that a lot of people are in the "familiarity has bred contempt" mindset lately.

JazmenFlowers
05-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Gosh, since I've been back here it seems like alot of negativity is floating around on this board. What's up? Stevie withdrawls?

REnee
you can say that again. which is why I choose to stay away from time to time...I'm gone longer and longer it seems these days too :cool:

David
05-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Gosh, since I've been back here it seems like alot of negativity is floating around on this board. What's up? Stevie withdrawls? See the post "I rocked in my cradle, fer sher" below for an instance of positiveness.

Sahara
05-09-2006, 01:44 PM
I notice it too ... what a pity. :distress: So much disillusionment in particular ...

Thank goodness we still have kittens around to keep spirits up. :nod:

Jyqm
05-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I notice it too ... what a pity. :distress: So much disillusionment in particular ...

I've been rather shocked at all the disillusionment, too. I'll have to get a new shtick if I want to remain cutting-edge and different...

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I've been rather shocked at all the disillusionment, too. I'll have to get a new shtick if I want to remain cutting-edge and different...

I've been implying that to you for months now :p :p

chiliD
05-09-2006, 01:48 PM

Time to don the chiffon, eh?

Johnny Stew
05-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I've been rather shocked at all the disillusionment, too. I'll have to get a new shtick if I want to remain cutting-edge and different...My friend -- dissy's been milking that schtick for three years! It hasn't been "cutting edge" or different for a while now. :laugh:

cliffdweller
05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
My friend -- dissy's been milking that schtick for three years!

Unfortunately, he hasn't been milking it enough these days. I've been long awaiting a completely juicy and outrageous post from him, but he's been rather tight lipped lately.

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
. . . but he's been rather tight lipped these days.

Well, he is a snooty, tight lipped, North Easterner :p :p

cliffdweller
05-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, he is a snooty, tight lipped, North Easterner :p :p

Ha! I was thinking if anyone can rile him up good it's Strand! And here you are. What else pisses him off? We've gotta get him out of hiding :laugh:.

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Ha! I was thinking if anyone can rile him up good it's Strand! And here you are. What else pisses him off? We've gotta get him out of hiding :laugh:.

I hear he is losing his already fried hair and is getting fat :thumbsup:

cliffdweller
05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
I hear he is losing his already fried hair and is getting fat :thumbsup:

Yeah, and Blondie SUCKS BALLS!!!!!!

:laugh:

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM

Actually, Blondie sucks her own balls and her music is shiitte as well - -come out come out whereever you are :angel:

gldstwmn
05-09-2006, 02:49 PM

She's a skinny, coked out hag who can't sing nearly as well as she used to. And she peed on a picture of Stevie. :]

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 02:50 PM
. . . And she peed on a picture of Stevie. :]

OMG - I was in drag for that :eek:

JazmenFlowers
05-09-2006, 02:50 PM
She's a skinny...And she peed on a picture of Stevie. :]
isn't the goal to bait diss...not make him squeal with glee? :laugh:

Debbie Harry's a prostitute anyway, right? and what's up with her eyebrows these days? they needs some tender loving care. and someone should tell ol girl to drop the whole punk act...she's embarassing herself...

Rickypt
05-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I heard that they offered "Call Me" to Stevie Nicks first. :shrug: :D

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 02:57 PM

I heard that too.

I also heard Diss is a total bottom ---- feeder that is :angel:

JazmenFlowers
lmao.

yeah, my girl knows crap when she hears it

gldstwmn
isn't the goal to bait diss...

I tried...:shrug:

JazmenFlowers
05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I tried...:shrug:
just picking on you...

sparky
05-09-2006, 03:03 PM

I think the disillusionment is actually kind of new. My no holds barred criticism of Stevie has been greeted with disdain by many for years. And has actually generated some interesting dialogue. The boredom and disillusionment, however, really can't be argued with or discussed very much. Criticism is, after all, born out of interest and conviction. Boredom, however, is fairly inert. You can't do much with it.
I don't think my pal Diss can even be bothered to spout off too much about Stevie anymore. I suspect he cares little about the subject.

JazmenFlowers
05-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't think my pal Diss can even be bothered to spout off too much about Stevie anymore. I suspect he cares little about the subject.
awww. my heart bleeds. :cool:

I'm not attempting to be disrespectful or a pain...it's just that I have dreamt of the day when this happens (not really)...now if only a couple others follow suit...

cliffdweller
05-09-2006, 03:08 PM
She's a skinny, coked out hag who can't sing nearly as well as she used to.

yeah, but what you forgot to add is that she really can't sing AT ALL these days and what's with that wig she's trying to pull off as a hairstyle? B*tch needs a deep conditioning rinse like nobody's business. And what's with Jason Bateman? What a total f*cking loser, Arrested Development blow chunks.

C'mon Diss, we're doing our best here :laugh:

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 03:13 PM
yeah, but what you forgot to add is that she really can't sing AT ALL these days and what's with that wig she's trying to pull off as a hairstyle? B*tch needs a deep conditioning rinse like nobody's business. And what's with Jason Bateman? What a total f*cking loser, Arrested Development blow chunks.

C'mon Diss, we're doing our best here :laugh:

And Jake Weber is an untalented, fugly skank who rarely bathes and thus is cheesy!!!!

cliffdweller
05-09-2006, 03:18 PM
And Jake Weber is an untalented, fugly skank who rarely bathes and thus is cheesy!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: I think you mean "smells" cheesy. Eeewwww!

strandinthewind
05-09-2006, 03:19 PM
:laugh: :laugh: I think you mean "smells" cheesy. Eeewwww!

I meant both and that no talent, monotone Jake Webber does.

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 03:25 PM
HEY NOW!!! :mad:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/BTFLCHLD/jake.gif

Jyqm
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
I think the disillusionment is actually kind of new. My no holds barred criticism of Stevie has been greeted with disdain by many for years. And has actually generated some interesting dialogue. The boredom and disillusionment, however, really can't be argued with or discussed very much. Criticism is, after all, born out of interest and conviction. Boredom, however, is fairly inert. You can't do much with it.

Yes you're right. I'm really not as disillusioned as I might claim or as others might think. Yet, anyway. Obviously on some level I do think Stevie has the potential to be a more meaningful performer and songwriter again, or I wouldn't make such a stink when I feel like she's treading water.

As far as the disdain... eh. I tend to think I have a pretty healthy and respectful attitude toward Ms. Nicks, compared to a few folks around here, so I really don't mind taking it.

diamondsnake
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM

REnee
There is just nothing really exciting going on in the world of Stevie right now. I think everyone is just bored because of no new music...

diamondsnake
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
As far as Dissention is concerned, I used to utterly despise his poor attitude towards Stevie. But now, I actually wouldn't mind his brand of sarcastic comments. Hell has frozen over!

Johnny Stew
05-09-2006, 05:27 PM
I tend to think I have a pretty healthy and respectful attitude toward Ms. Nicks, compared to a few folks around here, so I really don't mind taking it.It actually always amazes me that you and David O. get such flack for your opinions. I think you're two of the most respectful and articulate posters here.

Jyqm
05-09-2006, 05:43 PM
There is just nothing really exciting going on in the world of Stevie right now.

Are you kidding?! This forum has been the most exciting place in the Internet the past few days with this whole party fiasco!

It actually always amazes me that you and David O. get such flack for your opinions. I think you're two of the most respectful and articulate posters here.

Well thanks! You're not so rude and ineloquent yourself there, Mr. Stew.

Sahara
05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
There is just nothing really exciting going on in the world of Stevie right now. I think everyone is just bored because of no new music...

So, asking from the point of view from a relative newbie -- was it like that between other periods?

Like between Street Angel / The Dance and TISL, for example? When not a whole lot of new things were happening?

Jyqm
05-09-2006, 06:20 PM
So, asking from the point of view from a relative newbie -- was it like that between other periods?

Like between Street Angel / The Dance and TISL, for example? When not a whole lot of new things were happening?

Neither The Penguin nor The Ledge existed when Street Angel came out. And in between The Dance and TISL, there was Enchanted. But regardless, most fan forums tend to get a bit antsy when the people they're devoted to aren't up to much.

But shoot, even when Fleetwood Mac or Stevie are doing something, it doesn't necessarily mean there's more to talk about. "Uh... they played another concert last night... it was pretty much the same as the one they did last night... "

chiffon head
05-09-2006, 08:09 PM
you all crack me up. I don't post much around here, but I'll never stop reading this board. Negative or not, I love the ledge. I was just noticing that's all.

Renee

David
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
you all crack me up. I don't post much around here, but I'll never stop reading this board. Negative or not, I love the ledge. I was just noticing that's all.

ReneeRenee, are you by any chance Renee S. from Texas?
If you are, HI!!!!!

seeker007nmss
05-09-2006, 08:44 PM

Thank goodness we still have kittens around to keep spirits up. :nod:

Awww...thanks..... But not only kittens!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Dreamtimezzz/hpim0669.jpg

BTFLCHLD
05-09-2006, 08:56 PM
awwww seekers make my day why dont ya!
weve been missing you terribly :xoxo:

Sahara
05-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Awww...thanks..... But not only kittens!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Dreamtimezzz/hpim0669.jpg

Aarghh!

Cuuuuute! :]

chiliD
05-10-2006, 05:54 PM
It actually always amazes me that you and David O. get such flack for your opinions. I think you're two of the most respectful and articulate posters here.

Oh, but you should HEAR what David says behind your backs! :lol:

David
05-10-2006, 06:35 PM
It actually always amazes me that you and David O. get such flack for your opinions. I think you're two of the most respectful and articulate posters here.Thanks Johnny! I guess with me, people don't really know what the hell to make of it? On Monday, I gush about Stevie Nicks. But on Tuesday, I call her a rude name. Then on Wednesday, I rave about some recording of hers. But by Thursday, I avow never to see her concerts again.

I think people think of me according to what I most recently happened to say. Only one of my opinions exists for people: the one that was the last.

David
05-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh, but you should HEAR what David says behind your backs! :lol:Nu-uh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob2: :] :xoxo:

chiliD
05-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks Johnny! I guess with me, people don't really know what the hell to make of it? On Monday, I gush about Stevie Nicks. But on Tuesday, I call her a rude name. Then on Wednesday, I rave about some recording of hers. But by Thursday, I avow never to see her concerts again.

I think people think of me according to what I most recently happened to say. Only one of my opinions exists for people: the one that was the last.

Nuh-uh!!! :distress:

:D

David
05-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Nuh-uh!!! :distress:

:DUH-HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob2: :blob2: :blob1: :laugh: :blob1: :blob1: :] :p