PDA

View Full Version : Stevie sings Edge of17 interview83

Janis_no1
05-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey guys, this just stated playing on my media player at work and i love it so much that i want to share it with anoyone who hasn't heard it.

Stevie sung along with Edge of 17 from an interview she did in 81, it was off air yet they were still recording while her song played. Then when she came back for the 83 interview they played it for her to hear, she says during the 83 interview that she wanted to hear it and how they sing along with everything coz its just so much fun.

Its just fabulous!! :thumbsup:

Shows that yes in 83 she could still do it.... (some say after 81 her voice was never the same)

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E3D1D62E0C57141C

BTFLCHLD
05-02-2006, 10:56 PM
thankyou
will give a listen tomorrow
if still available :)

BlackWidow
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Hey guys, this just stated playing on my media player at work and i love it so much that i want to share it with anoyone who hasn't heard it.

Stevie sung along with Edge of 17 from an interview she did in 81, it was off air yet they were still recording while her song played. Then when she came back for the 83 interview they played it for her to hear, she says during the 83 interview that she wanted to hear it and how they sing along with everything coz its just so much fun.

Its just fabulous!! :thumbsup:

Shows that yes in 83 she could still do it.... (some say after 81 her voice was never the same)

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E3D1D62E0C57141C
There is no question that Stevie's voice has changed on every recording
she has ever done. However in 83 - She was still in the peak of her career
with Mirage/Wild Heart Tours. I imagine in 84..her health/voice were in jeopardy...leading into the 85 release of Rock A Little. The rest is history.

eclipse
05-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Granted- I am a little bit older than some of you here..
But, alas, I remember this interview!
It was recorded at WBCN in Boston, (when it was an EXCELLENT station to listen to..., aah memories...)
She spoke with a DJ named Charles Laquirda- He LOVED her, named his daughter Rhiannan, in fact.

Anyway-just thought I would wax nogtalgic...
Any one else remember this happening? It was so cool to hear her sing along, I was mesmerized-she was probably wasted...:eek:
I think it was at like 10:00 am or something ridiculous like that-

strandinthewind
05-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks for posting that!

There is a later interview where she refers to this and how it was a little crazy and scary for her and the girls to do this a capella.

David
05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
I never heard this Boston interview! I'd love to hear ----- pretty please would you post it? :thumbsup:

eclipse
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry- I have just my memory of the interview- and the clip that was posted is just her singing along to the song being played in the background.

If I had the clip I would be more than happy to share it with you-
but, just memories
Sorry David :xoxo:

amber
05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for posting, never heard. :wavey: She sounds great.

Janis_no1
05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
i shall post the interview later today.... just got to work and got to do a little before i move onto stevie world. Which inerview would you like??

the original from 1981 doesn't have this clip in it. Only the 1983 does as the send off to the interview...