PDA

View Full Version : WTF? No DVD?

Pages : [1] 2

gldstwmn
04-26-2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.nicksfix.com/

Question 135 - from Susan E in Dunedin New Zealand
Dear Stevie, Thank you so much for coming to New Zealand, the concert was wonderful, you sounded and looked great. I especially loved you performing "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You" Please come back again soon :-) Is there going to be a DVD of your tour? Take Care Lots of Love SusanXX

Stevie's answer:

Hi Susan, thank you so much, I truly loved New Zealand! Unfortunately, we are not planning on putting out a DVD of any of the shows there.

DavidMn
04-26-2006, 01:29 PM

Dear Stevie, Thank you so much for coming to New Zealand, the concert was wonderful, you sounded and looked great. I especially loved you performing "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You" Please come back again soon :-) Is there going to be a DVD of your tour? Take Care Lots of Love SusanXX

Stevie's answer:

Hi Susan, thank you so much, I truly loved New Zealand! Unfortunately, we are not planning on putting out a DVD of any of the shows there.I'm shocked.:rolleyes:

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 01:30 PM

Stevie's answer:

Hi Susan, thank you so much, I truly loved New Zealand! Unfortunately, we are not planning on putting out a DVD of any of the shows there.
this has been covered in another thread. I think the consensus is that Stevie means no DVD of a New Zealand show...not necessarily Australian shows all together. or at least that's the hope.

gldstwmn
04-26-2006, 01:32 PM
this has been covered in another thread. I think the consensus is that Stevie means no DVD of a New Zealand show...not necessarily Australian shows all together. or at least that's the hope.

Well, forgive me for being repetitive. I humbly bow and scrape and beg for your apologies. :rolleyes:
Obviously, this is the first I've heard of this. You don't mind if I discuss it, do you? :)

Jyqm
04-26-2006, 01:33 PM

I hate to be the non-delusional party pooper, but unless Stevie has big reading comprehension problems, or gets off on being withholding, it seems pretty obvious that no DVD is planned at this time. If they only filmed the one show, it's possible the footage ended up not being any good (we know that at the very least they had problems with the first two songs).

DavidMn
04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong here, but one thing I've learned about Stevie/Fleetwood Mac is I dont believe it until I see it on the shelves.:nod:

gldstwmn
04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
I hate to be the non-delusional party pooper, but unless Stevie has big reading comprehension problems, or gets off on being withholding, it seems pretty obvious that no DVD is planned at this time. If they only filmed the one show, it's possible the footage ended up not being any good (we know that at the very least they had problems with the first two songs).

Thank you. That is how I interpreted it as well. Needless to say, I'm really bummed that we won't be getting a DVD of this. Hopefully one of the fans got the show in it's entirety.

David
04-26-2006, 02:08 PM
I hate to be the non-delusional party pooper, but unless Stevie has big reading comprehension problems, or gets off on being withholding, it seems pretty obvious that no DVD is planned at this time.I agree with you.

The kid asked: "Is there going to be a DVD of your tour?"

Stevie said: "Unfortunately, we are not planning on putting out a DVD of any of the shows there."

Sure you can split hairs & invoke the referent for "there" as being "New Zealand," but that is really ridiculously literal. It is pretty plain to me that Stevie meant NO DVD. She'd have to be cruel to the point of psychopathy to say NO DVD from New Zealand ... & then not even assure her Nicks Fixers that there will still be a DVD from Melbourne.

For whatever reason, I think she scrapped the planned DVD release.

Of course, the obvious next step is for someone to Ask Stevie: "What happened to the plans for a DVD from Melbourne with an orchestra?"

BombaySapphire3
04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
It is bewildering to say the least that someone with Nicks's resources and cash went to Melbourne with the intention of making a DVD with that city's orchestra and went about filming and recording it so incompetently that the results may be unusable.

Rickypt
04-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I hate to be the non-delusional party pooper

Someone has to play that role and I think deep down inside no one really thinks Stevie meant that there wouldn't be a DVD from New Zealand. I just wish Stevie would give more than 4 word answers to these questions so that we could know what happened. She played with the orchestra to film and tape a show, and now there isn't a DVD. What happened? :shrug:

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Well, forgive me for being repetitive. I humbly bow and scrape and beg for your apologies. :rolleyes:
Obviously, this is the first I've heard of this. You don't mind if I discuss it, do you? :)
calm down...you read (read=red) much more than I intended. I only said that so you would know and maybe read everything else everyone said re: this. it wasn't a "shame on you for being repetitive" thing. if anyone's throwing around apologies it should be you for misinterpretation and flying off the handle.

I was, being polite, I thought, by letting you know it had already been discussed as most people probably wouldn't respond to your thread if they've already discussed it elsewhere.

****. :cool:

skcin
04-26-2006, 02:22 PM

Wow. :shocked:

Nixxxed
04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I agree with you.

The kid asked: "Is there going to be a DVD of your tour?"

Stevie said: "Unfortunately, we are not planning on putting out a DVD of any of the shows there."

Sure you can split hairs & invoke the referent for "there" as being "New Zealand," but that is really ridiculously literal. It is pretty plain to me that Stevie meant NO DVD. She'd have to be cruel to the point of psychopathy to say NO DVD from New Zealand ... & then not even assure her Nicks Fixers that there will still be a DVD from Melbourne.

For whatever reason, I think she scrapped the planned DVD release.

Of course, the obvious next step is for someone to Ask Stevie: "What happened to the plans for a DVD from Melbourne with an orchestra?"
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps it will be a CD-only release - as was reported in one of those pre-tour newspaper blurbs. As I said in the other thread, there has been no official announcement of either, only speculation by the newspapers - and we have no idea where they got their info.

Besides, we know Stevie & the Mac film their shows from Cory Buckingham - although we don't know why. Perhaps when Stevie told the Symphony folks she'd be filming it, she didn't say it was for personal use, and they assumed it was for release and told the media. (Like, maybe Waddy needs to check the arrangements, or the lighting guys need to check their synchronization).

Whothehell knows anymore. For that matter where is the updated Greatest Hits, the Rhiannon musical/movie, the Rhiannon album, the coffee table book of Worthington pics, the...........

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
oh no, I totally agree with you. I don't think there'll be a DVD. I was just repeating kind of what was said about it in another thread.

ShangriLaTroubl
04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
It is possible she decided on a CD release of the show instead of DVD. I hope something changes, as I was really hoping for a new Stevie DVD release..They DID have the video problems during the show, hence the reason she re-did two songs in the end of the show. They never do that unless theres a release planned. However unfortunately in the end, she was wearing the "Beauty and the Beast outfit" on and was singing OTR/Dreams, which would not look correct for the DVD..That could have been part of the issue?

Nixxxed
04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
It is bewildering to say the least that someone with Nicks's resources and cash went to Melbourne with the intention of making a DVD with that city's orchestra and went about filming and recording it so incompetently that the results may be unusable.
I've never believed it's her resources or cash that are in question. It's the people she chooses to work with using said resources.

Nixxxed
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM
It is possible she decided on a CD release of the show instead of DVD. I hope something changes, as I was really hoping for a new Stevie DVD release..They DID have the video problems during the show, hence the reason she re-did two songs in the end of the show. They never do that unless theres a release planned. However unfortunately in the end, she was wearing the "Beauty and the Beast outfit" on and was singing OTR/Dreams, which would not look correct for the DVD..That could have been part of the issue?
I'm confused. I thought it was only the audio that was messed up on the first 2 songs, in which case they could just dub the audio from the second takes to well-edited video from the beginning of the show.

The video was screwed up too? :eek:

DashingDan
04-26-2006, 02:40 PM
You can't have a dvd without a camera.

ShangriLaTroubl
04-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm confused. I thought it was only the audio that was messed up on the first 2 songs, in which case they could just dub the audio from the second takes to well-edited video from the beginning of the show.

The video was screwed up too? :eek:

I don't think it was ever said whether audio or video was the problem.

Chris

David
04-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Hmmm. . . good point, DashingDan. There was no camera at Melbourne?

ShangriLaTroubl
04-26-2006, 02:43 PM

You can film a show without camera men being on the stage. The same way they film the show for the screens in the arena.

Chris

Jyqm
04-26-2006, 02:48 PM

Why bewildering? This kind of thing happens all the time. It's not necessarily incompetence. Filming a concert is a big enterprise and involves a lot of fancy equipment, and sometimes not everything works perfectly. **** happens. Lots of artists film their concerts with the hopes of releasing them, but the reels end up sitting in the vaults because they just didn't come out as well as originally hoped.

Or who knows, maybe it wasn't even a technical problem, maybe Stevie just wasn't happy with the performance, maybe she thought it sounded off, maybe she thought she looked fat in too many of the shots. And she didn't have the luxury of choosing the best footage, because they only filmed one night as opposed to two (a la The Dance or Live in Boston). Oh well.

Personally, I'm not terribly disappointed, as I'm not sure I even would have bought the release anyway. From the few clips I heard and saw, it didn't seem like the orchestra was used terribly well. I'd rather see the 1981 HBO special released on DVD.

DashingDan
04-26-2006, 02:53 PM
would you pay for a two-camera professional dvd? I've purchased bootlegs with one or two cameras and it gets pretty boring after a while, but you live with it cos it's a bootleg.

jA lot of cameras were used on Night 1 of the Live in Boston DVD. I can remember seeing at least 6. Two on dollies, one hand held, one tiny one mounted on to the stage, and two on booms on the sides. Seeing the melbourne bootleg hasn't convinced me that there will be a DVD of that show.

ShangriLaTroubl
04-26-2006, 02:54 PM
would you pay for a two-camera professional dvd? I've purchased bootlegs with one or two cameras and it gets pretty boring after a while, but you live with it cos it's a bootleg.

jA lot of cameras were used on Night 1 of the Live in Boston DVD. I can remember seeing at least 6. Two on dollies, one hand held, one tiny one mounted on to the stage, and two on booms on the sides. Seeing the melbourne bootleg hasn't convinced me that there will be a DVD of that show.

I agree it's unlikely. However, a CD release is always still possible. There must be SOME reason she redid songs in the end.

Chris

DashingDan
04-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I agree it's unlikely. However, a CD release is always still possible. There must be SOME reason she redid songs in the end.

Chris

I agree completely, something's gonna come of it.

Johnny Stew
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM
My take on it was, "I loved playing New Zealand -- there are no plans for a DVD of our shows there."

The question was specifically asked about a DVD from New Zealand, not Australia or any other part of the world. :shrug:

gldstwmn
04-26-2006, 03:42 PM
if anyone's throwing around apologies it should be you for misinterpretation and flying off the handle.

Of course. I'd like to extend my sincerest of apologies for the misinterpretation of your message. Are we good now?
Seeing as how this thread is working on 3 pages, I think it's sufficient to say that there's still some interest in the topic. :lol: And you'll forgive me for not trying to find where it was previously discussed? I did a quick look through before I posted it but didn't see any similar topics on the first page. Thank you for understanding. :wavey:

AliceLover
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Someone has to play that role and I think deep down inside no one really thinks Stevie meant that there wouldn't be a DVD from New Zealand. I just wish Stevie would give more than 4 word answers to these questions so that we could know what happened. She played with the orchestra to film and tape a show, and now there isn't a DVD. What happened? :shrug:

Theres not going to be a DVD because the show SUCKED! Worst GD tour footage ive seen so far.

cliffdweller
04-26-2006, 03:45 PM
I'd rather see the 1981 HBO special released on DVD.

Oh I'd love to see that on DVD too, but I'd rather have something new for a change :rolleyes:

Needless to say, I'm disappointed there will be no DVD, I hope you guys are right about the New Zealand vs. Australia thing.

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Of course. I'd like to extend my sincerest of apologies for the misinterpretation of your message. Are we good now?
Seeing as how this thread is working on 3 pages, I think it's sufficient to say that there's still some interest in the topic. :lol: And you'll forgive me for not trying to find where it was previously discussed? I did a quick look through before I posted it but didn't see any similar topics on the first page. Thank you for understanding. :wavey:
no problem

Jyqm
04-26-2006, 03:56 PM
My take on it was, "I loved playing New Zealand -- there are no plans for a DVD of our shows there."

The question was specifically asked about a DVD from New Zealand, not Australia or any other part of the world. :shrug:

The question was, "Are there plans for a DVD of your tour?" so again, Stevie's reading comprehension would have to be pretty terrible for her to have screwed that up. And even if she did misread it, she'd have to be an incredibly mean person to imply, "No, there are no plans for a New Zealand DVD," without adding, "But we are releasing a DVD of one of the Australia shows."

Sahara
04-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I will be devastated if there is no DVD! I've thought for ages she ought to record something with an orchestra. I'd be so disappointed... :distress:

Come on Stevie. Don't go breaking my heart! :angel:

Johnny Stew
04-26-2006, 04:06 PM
The question was, "Are there plans for a DVD of your tour?" so again, Stevie's reading comprehension would have to be pretty terrible for her to have screwed that up. And even if she did misread it, she'd have to be an incredibly mean person to imply, "No, there are no plans for a New Zealand DVD," without adding, "But we are releasing a DVD of one of the Australia shows."I don't know, it still seems to me that she was referring to New Zealand -- "I truly loved New Zealand! Unfortunately, we are not planning on putting out a DVD of any of the shows there."

And, of course, we're operating on the assumption that Stevie READS these messages, and that they're not read to her and her answers dictated back in turn... which could easily open up room for misinterpretation.

Just as I am with the "news" of a possible new Lindsey album, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about this DVD. If it happens -- awesome. If it doesn't -- well, life is filled with far bigger disappointments than that.

Sahara
04-26-2006, 04:07 PM
And as was said already, 100 panicked emails to John Kinney might get us some positive [as in definite] answers. :rolleyes:

MacMan
04-26-2006, 04:08 PM

That has always been my issue after the first reports of the show started coming in from people who were there... Not one person mentioned any cameras floating around the place or on stage etc. except for the ones in the sound area which are for the big screens.

I'm thinking that during the 10 days of rehearsal before Melbourne that a faux stage was setup with full orchestra and cameras to capture the close up stuff, and the actual show was for the audience only audio... I don't know... I still want to believe that all the reports in the news and out of her own mouth could be true... and like everyone has said... why do retakes if you didn't have intentions of using it.

cliffdweller
04-26-2006, 04:09 PM
The question was, "Are there plans for a DVD of your tour?" so again, Stevie's reading comprehension would have to be pretty terrible for her to have screwed that up.

Oh god, this is prime fodder to open back up that "Stevie has a learning disorder" folderol :laugh:.

Anyway, you're probably right, but I'm going to remain hopeful that something might be out there and will someday be released (sooner rather than later).

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
And as was said already, 100 panicked emails to John Kinney might get us some positive [as in definite] answers. :rolleyes:
I'm game...

amber
04-26-2006, 04:23 PM
That has always been my issue after the first reports of the show started coming in from people who were there... Not one person mentioned any cameras floating around the place or on stage etc. except for the ones in the sound area which are for the big screens.

I'm thinking that during the 10 days of rehearsal before Melbourne that a faux stage was setup with full orchestra and cameras to capture the close up stuff, and the actual show was for the audience only audio... I don't know... I still want to believe that all the reports in the news and out of her own mouth could be true... and like everyone has said... why do retakes if you didn't have intentions of using it.

OT - I've been wanting a clip of that part of SOTM from Mirage for ages for my sig. I asked someone else to do it for me, and that person said it was too hard.
So, my point - your sig is awesome, and I'm jealous. :wavey:

wheart
04-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I'd love to see 1981 HBO and/or the Mirage show released on DVD in their entirety. It kills me that so much of those shows were cut out.

As far as a new DVD goes, anything could happen but I'm sure not holding by breath. If it happens, it will be a very nice surprise.

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 04:40 PM
OT - I've been wanting a clip of that part of SOTM from Mirage for ages for my sig. I asked someone else to do it for me, and that person said it was too hard.
there's one that's floating on several pages and around the net and has been for a while; don't know who's it is tho. I think I have it at home if you'd like it.

MacMan's got the part that I wanted too. the one I've got is from the "spider dance" portion.

amber
04-26-2006, 04:43 PM
there's one that's floating on several pages and around the net and has been for a while; don't know who's it is tho. I think I have it at home if you'd like it.

MacMan's got the part that I wanted too. the one I've got is from the "spider dance" portion.
Ah. I just want the screaming nonsense and flinging of body clips.

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Ah. I just want the screaming nonsense and flinging of body clips.
yeah. me too. that's why I haven't used the one I've got...tho I may, but the "speaking in tongues" is the best. I've tried, lord knows, to create those, but I've since given up.

gldstwmn
04-26-2006, 04:56 PM

I hope you're right.

amber
04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
yeah. me too. that's why I haven't used the one I've got...tho I may, but the "speaking in tongues" is the best. I've tried, lord knows, to create those, but I've since given up.
How come Macman can do it, but not other people? You're the second person who said it was too hard.

Johnny Stew
04-26-2006, 05:10 PM
How come Macman can do it, but not other people?Because he's MACMAN!!! It's obvious by his name, that he has super-human powers... powers beyond those of mere mortal fans!

amber
04-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Because he's MACMAN!!! It's obvious by his name, that he has super-human powers... powers beyond those of mere mortal fans!

Anyways....:rolleyes: It's not like he's SuperSalad or something. :D

His sigs are always the best, but there are other talented capturers here, so I was wondering what is so hard about getting that part in SOTM. And maybe since macman can do it, he can enlighten us.

BTFLCHLD
04-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Because he's MACMAN!!! It's obvious by his name, that he has super-human powers... powers beyond those of mere mortal fans! well i found that the video i have is too dark...if there is another one floating around of better quality i would love to have it and make animes...i personally dont want to make an anime that doesnt look at the least 'good'

macman...can you upload the vid? :angel:

JazmenFlowers
04-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Anyways....:rolleyes: It's not like he's SuperSalad or something. :D

His sigs are always the best, but there are other talented capturers here, so I was wondering what is so hard about getting that part in SOTM. And maybe since macman can do it, he can enlighten us.
well I can do it, it's just that I can't get a gif program for my Mac. and like Niki says, the SOTM video most of us have is really dark and looks crappy.

amber
04-26-2006, 06:08 PM
well I can do it, it's just that I can't get a gif program for my Mac. and like Niki says, the SOTM video most of us have is really dark and looks crappy.
Yeah. So why is macman's different? That is essentially what I want to know.

SapphireSister
04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
And even if she did misread it, she'd have to be an incredibly mean person to imply, "No, there are no plans for a New Zealand DVD," without adding, "But we are releasing a DVD of one of the Australia shows."
Bingo! I had to read it twice because my initial reaction was "Oh, but maybe she was only saying there will not be a NZ release but still an Australian one" but what Jyqm said is correct - if that were the case she would have said something to the effect of "No, there will not be a DVD of NZ but we are releasing one from Australia". Sorry guys, looks like no DVD to me.
Can I also add that being a Stevie Nicks fan can be very disappointing at times (near misses backstage at shows, build up of shows and not coming through, promises of DVD's, etc). I'm sure she has a good reason as to why there is no DVD release but I'm still disappointed. I'd like to smack her in the ass for this one or better yet take away her TV and shopping privileges for a few days :lol:.

MacMan
04-26-2006, 06:46 PM

Well Amber... take it if you like... I've got others I could use.

And it's not that hard to make, but the way I've been doing it is pretty time consuming. I play a dvd, take a major amount of screen caps as it's playing, resize them down, load them in a gif animator and there you have it. Some of the gifs can have a 100 screen caps or stills. The more you have the better they flow together. I've since discovered an easier way of doing it but what I'd like to know is how do you issolate a section of a dvd or video, or copy a portion of it... just that section. If I could figure that out, I'd be laughing...

Richard B
04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I did see some video footage of the Melbourne show and I thought the performance was off and she had her eyes closed quite a bit. She didn't look too great on camera.

Sometimes you shoot video and you don't know what you get until you look at the footage later. They only had one chance to get it right and if it's not right, then Stevie keeps it for personal memories and that's that.

For the record, the Rock-A-Little concert video also had technical problems. Mainly the crane arm camera got locked and stuck on stage. Didn't stop that DVD from getting cut and released.

So I think it would be better to hope for a audio release of the show.

amber
04-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Well Amber... take it if you like... I've got others I could use.

And it's not that hard to make, but the way I've been doing it is pretty time consuming. I play a dvd, take a major amount of screen caps as it's playing, resize them down, load them in a gif animator and there you have it. Some of the gifs can have a 100 screen caps or stills. The more you have the better they flow together. I've since discovered an easier way of doing it but what I'd like to know is how do you issolate a section of a dvd or video, or copy a portion of it... just that section. If I could figure that out, I'd be laughing...
:xoxo:
How come others say it is too dark, but yours looks fine?

MacMan
04-26-2006, 07:14 PM
:xoxo:
How come others say it is too dark, but yours looks fine?

I don't know... mine was made with either the dvd made from the vhs, which to me looks just fine, but I may have made it using the dvd made from the lazer disc of the same show, which is a little better in quality... That could be it.

amber
04-26-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't know... mine was made with either the dvd made from the vhs, which to me looks just fine, but I may have made it using the dvd made from the lazer disc of the same show, which is a little better in quality... That could be it.
I appreciate you answering my questions. :)

SapphireSister
04-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I did see some video footage of Melbourne show and I thought the performance was off and she had her eyes closed quite a bit. She didn;t look too great on camera.

Agreed, I think Lilly hit the bong one too many times before she hit the stage...

SandyMac
04-26-2006, 09:48 PM

I just sent my panicked email to John Kinney. Hope we all hear something soon.

estranged4life
04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
why I wait to see what becomes of this show (Someone needs to either **** or get off the pot), At least I do know another Dream Theater DVD/CD release is forthcoming (DT recorded the last show of the 2005-2006 World Tour at the Radio City Music Hall in NYC)

AliceLover
04-26-2006, 10:11 PM
I did see some video footage of Melbourne show and I thought the performance was off and she had her eyes closed quite a bit. She didn;t look too great on camera.

Sometimes you shoot video and you don't know what you get until you look at the footage later. They only had one chance to get it right and if it's not right, then Stevie keeps it for personal memories and that's that.

For the record, the Rock-A-Little concert video also had technical problems. Mainly the crane arm camera got locked and stuck on stage. Didn't stop that DVD from getting cut and released.

So I think it would be better to hope for a audio release of the show.

Yeah thats true.....but IMO from video and audio footage ive seen/heard..there have been so many better GD shows. She just stood there that night. Even Stand Back was rather lackluster...which she usually does great on during this tour. I dunno, I could do without the DVD. I really just want If Anyone Falls anyway. :thumbsup:

The Catdancer
04-26-2006, 10:14 PM
I wonder why the Gold Dust tour was so full of "empty promises". First the setlist and now this. What's going on?! :shrug:

Aussie24
04-26-2006, 11:10 PM
The answer really is quite clear!!!!!!! There will be no dvd from NEW ZEALAND...She didn't say anything about there not being one from Australia.... You see Australia and New Zealand are two totally seperate countries...Many miles from one another with diffrent customs and beliefs... The Melbourne show which is in Australia was supposed to be the "dvd show"..when it will be released at all is anyones guess...if it will be at all!!!!!:distress:

Jyqm
04-27-2006, 02:38 AM
The answer really is quite clear!!!!!!! There will be no dvd from NEW ZEALAND...She didn't say anything about there not being one from Australia.... You see Australia and New Zealand are two totally seperate countries...Many miles from one another with diffrent customs and beliefs... The Melbourne show which is in Australia was supposed to be the "dvd show"..when it will be released at all is anyones guess...if it will be at all!!!!!:distress:

I just got my hands on this new bridge, you interested?

tynan88
04-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Haha what is it with the bridges?!?! I will hold out a little hope, I got the impression it meant there would be no new zealand release.

I really want a DVD more just for the sentimental reasons, I am also getting the impression there is a video bootleg of this show? If so could someone PM me because I haven't seen it...cheers.

JeannieKartis
04-27-2006, 08:29 AM
tynan, I just pm'ed you with some info...:)

StevieRox2
04-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Agreed, I think Lilly hit the bong one too many times before she hit the stage...

LMAO! Not THAT is too funny!:laugh:

David
04-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah. So why is macman's different? That is essentially what I want to know.He creates his with love.

gldstwmn
04-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Haha what is it with the bridges?!?!

It's an American expresssion that goes "If you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you." :cool:

BTFLCHLD
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
I really just want If Anyone Falls anyway. :thumbsup:

you have seen this, correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ECjb8zX04

David
04-27-2006, 01:58 PM

WTF? Why does Stevie sing the ENTIRE song ("back to front") without any vibrato whatsoever? What is the matter with that woman? Singing it like that creates a very unpleasant aural sensation--as if one were listening to a pedal point on a church organ drone continuously for four minutes. It plays havoc with the ordinarily playful texture of "If Anyone Falls."

Why does she do that? What is her reasoning? Why doesn't someone in the band actually take her aside & tell her, "When you do it that way, the effect is akin to listening to a pedal tone on a gigantic pipe organ at Westminster Abbey"?

If this is all a result of her vocal coaching, I hope she gets her money back from that clown.

markolas
04-27-2006, 02:58 PM
WTF? Why does Stevie sing the ENTIRE song ("back to front") without any vibrato whatsoever? What is the matter with that woman? Singing it like that creates a very unpleasant aural sensation--as if one were listening to a pedal point on a church organ drone continuously for four minutes. It plays havoc with the ordinarily playful texture of "If Anyone Falls."

Stevie is kinda starting to work my nerves lately. I watched that Australia "If Anyone Falls," and then the Sheryl Crow "Gold Dust Woman" thing and the actual video for If Anyone Falls, and was like...why doesn't Stevie move around anymore? She looked so bored singing IAF on the Australia thing; it was like she couldn't wait for it to be over. Even on the Sheryl Crow thing, which was in '99, she looked happy to be there, and there was a fire in her voice that is just gone now.

Stevies_clone55
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Exactly, if it didnt look good then why bother releasing it. And make us waste money on it LOL!

Sahara
04-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Why does she do that? What is her reasoning? Why doesn't someone in the band actually take her aside & tell her, "When you do it that way, the effect is akin to listening to a pedal tone on a gigantic pipe organ at Westminster Abbey"?

If this is all a result of her vocal coaching, I hope she gets her money back from that clown.

I listened to it and thought it sounded just fine. Pretty darn good, in fact. :shrug: What do you mean by no vibrato?

Sorry. I know nothing about music.

Jyqm
04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I listened to it and thought it sounded just fine. Pretty darn good, in fact. :shrug: What do you mean by no vibrato?

Sorry. I know nothing about music.

Vibrato is exactly what it sounds like. Listen to Stevie's vocal on the original and then listen to the Melbourne performance again. The original is full of vibrato, which is especially noticeable on the last words of each line: "I have never known the wo-o-o-o-ords, but I have tri-i-i-i-ied to be tru-u-u-u-ue." That doesn't happen in the Melbourne performance.

More disappointing than the lack of vibrato, though, I think, is the lack of any dynamics in the vocals. I recognize that Stevie has lost some of her range and doesn't want to go back to the days when she'd scream herself hoarse, but shoot, it's like she's barely even trying. There's not a single instance during this performance where she pushes herself, where she makes that leap to belt out a really strong note that the crowd can latch onto and fall in love with. She just plays it all too safe.

David
04-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Sorry. I know nothing about music.Don't sell yourself short. You know everything about music, for music is received in the heart, ultimately.

Now I'm off to play some Stevie videos.

Sahara
04-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Vibrato is exactly what it sounds like. Listen to Stevie's vocal on the original and then listen to the Melbourne performance again. The original is full of vibrato, which is especially noticeable on the last words of each line: "I have never known the wo-o-o-o-ords, but I have tri-i-i-i-ied to be tru-u-u-u-ue." That doesn't happen in the Melbourne performance.

More disappointing than the lack of vibrato, though, I think, is the lack of any dynamics in the vocals. I recognize that Stevie has lost some of her range and doesn't want to go back to the days when she'd scream herself hoarse, but shoot, it's like she's barely even trying. There's not a single instance during this performance where she pushes herself, where she makes that leap to belt out a really strong note that the crowd can latch onto and fall in love with. She just plays it all too safe.

I see what you mean now ... yeah, I have to agree. It's a shame, but she's still captivating ....

Don't sell yourself short. You know everything about music, for music is received in the heart, ultimately.

Now I'm off to play some Stevie videos.

Aww! Thanks! :wavey:

jwd
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I never thought IAF was a particularly good choice for a concert song. It just comes off as kind of mundane and boring. However, I thought the song was performed better in Melbourne than when she did it in Vegas. I might be in the minority here, but I wasn't disappointed when it was dropped from the setlist for most of her Gold Dust Tour shows.

DashingDan
04-27-2006, 05:32 PM

It's not the best, but it's better than her worst WH performances when the back up singers were flat, and she was skidding around the melody with no self-control. She does a cute little groovey-move during the bridge, and she gets a good round of applause at the end..it wasn't all that bad.

amber
04-27-2006, 05:37 PM
but it's better than when she was skidding around the melody with no self-control.

Is anything really better than that? :shrug: I like skidmark Stevie...:laugh:

DashingDan
04-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Is anything really better than that? :shrug: I like skidmark Stevie...:laugh:

Nice one!!

SapphireSister
04-27-2006, 06:01 PM
It's not the best, but it's better than her worst WH performances when the back up singers were flat, and she was skidding around the melody with no self-control.
I disagree, I'd take any WH rendition over this half-baked performance. Even with the lack of control back then at least she had some spunk! I still like this performance though don't get me wrong but it's a far cry for our Wild Heart Stevie.

SandyMac
04-27-2006, 06:12 PM
I emailed John Kinney last night and this is the response that I got from him.

Hi Sandy,

I was told there would not be a DVD from the recent Australian tour. I haven't heard anything about an audio CD.

John

My heart sank. :distress: :confused: :mad:

I guess we have to be satisfied with the bootlegs of the show.
I am going to respond back to him to see if he knows why there is no DVD.
I don't expect a good answer, but thought I would try. :shrug:

Sahara
04-27-2006, 06:14 PM

Hi Sandy,

I was told there would not be a DVD from the recent Australian tour. I haven't heard anything about an audio CD.

John

Oh no!!

:distress:

That's dreadful news.... Thanks for getting a definite answer, update us if you hear any more.

I think I'm going to go cry for a while now. :(

David
04-27-2006, 06:16 PM
I disagree, I'd take any WH rendition over this half-baked performance. Even with the lack of control back then at least she had some spunk! I still like this performance though don't get me wrong but it's a far cry for our Wild Heart Stevie.There are definitely at least two major camps of Stevie fans: you & amber & I are in one group & dashingdan & joe/jwd are in the other. And minerva knows where everybody else falls. Maybe there's a third or a fourth group that likes everything stevie (johnnystew) or hates everything stevie (homer).

David
04-27-2006, 06:20 PM

Hi Sandy,

I was told there would not be a DVD from the recent Australian tour. I haven't heard anything about an audio CD.Aw phooey.

I wonder why stevie's tours don't get broadcast on radio any more? Is she not being asked to participate (unlikely) or is she repeatedly squelching her own participation in radio syndication (much more likely)? Obviously this gal doesn't like to put her performances on tape for posterity, which is odd considering how frequently she tours.

markolas
04-27-2006, 06:26 PM

Hi Sandy,

John

This is another reason why Stevie is annoying the hell out of me lately. Aside from the ignorant comments about MySpace and the Internet. She wants to piss and moan about bootlegs, but she won't release any new material for her fans. If all she's going to do is these lame-ass tours where she gives half-assed performances, then I wish she'd just retire already.

Johnny Stew
04-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Maybe there's a third or a fourth group that likes everything stevie (johnnystew)....It's interesting to me that people tend to assume I love everything Stevie... I can only guess that it's because I don't grouse too much about the things I don't like and enjoy expounding on the things I do.
There are definitely plenty of live performances I can't sit through, from both
"back in the day" and these days, and there are certain songs that I don't think are among her best (even if I have a place in my own heart for them).

I guess I lean more towards the "if you don't have anything nice to say -- don't say anything at all" school of thought.

David
04-27-2006, 06:38 PM
It's interesting to me that people tend to assume I love everything Stevie... I can only guess that it's because I don't grouse too much about the things I don't like and enjoy expounding on the things I do.I guess I don't mean literally everything. I meant every era, every style.
I guess I lean more towards the "if you don't have anything nice to say -- don't say anything at all" school of thought.Sorry!

Johnny Stew
04-27-2006, 06:41 PM
If all she's going to do is these lame-ass tours where she gives half-assed performances, then I wish she'd just retire already.
I still maintain that it's nice for the people who still want to see her in concert, to have that opportunity. Meanwhile, everyone else has the option to not buy tickets.

Johnny Stew
04-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I guess I don't mean literally everything. I meant every era, every style.Ohh... well, that part is definitely true. I love young, folky Stevie. I love unbridled, manic Stevie. I love sage, Earth-Mother Stevie. And, most of all, I love watching the journey of this woman over the years... the highs, the lows, and everything inbetween.

Sorry!No need to be! I think I've said many times (either directly or indirectly) that I love your critiques of the various songs and performances. I find your thoughts and opinions to be fascinating and illuminating. I may not always agree, but I've always been able to see where you're coming from.

My "school of thought" is just my own -- I don't expect (or want) everyone else to follow suit.

MacMan
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM

Hi Sandy,

John

IIIII Knew it!!

I almost feel taken advantage of here.... So what was all the talk not only from her directly, but in the news? Just a ploy to keep people excited? Well Stevie's right... She's not very nice!

skcin
04-27-2006, 08:24 PM

Hi Sandy,

John

Mother. F U C K E R.

:mad:

Oh well, I'll wait patiently for a copy of the boot. As usual. Whatever. I mean, you know, that's fine that the only thing many casual fans (especially the younger fans who came around during The Dance era or later) have only the Red Rocks DVD as their "official" live Stevie DVD. Nice. So that's what she'd like to be remembered by, huh? OK. Fine. Great.

gldstwmn
04-27-2006, 08:37 PM

Hi Sandy,

John

Ugh. (lays head on desk and sobs.)

BTFLCHLD
04-27-2006, 09:38 PM
If all she's going to do is these lame-ass tours where she gives half-assed performances, then I wish she'd just retire already.

but yet you (and others who may share the opinion) do want a DVD of these "lame-ass tours where she gives half-assed performances" :confused:

JS i too feel this way :nod: "I love watching the journey of this woman over the years... the highs, the lows, and everything inbetween."

Tango
04-27-2006, 09:45 PM
This is really disappointing.

http://www.mso.com.au/whatson/2006Nicks.asp

It must have been technical issues. But even a less than perfect show would be better than NO show. We have Red Rocks. It couldn't have been worse than that. Unless maybe there are other plans. Another chance to do the show. Anyone know anything? Any chance of another run of Two Voices, etc? It's a long summer!

Nixxxed
04-27-2006, 09:57 PM
This is really disappointing.

http://www.mso.com.au/whatson/2006Nicks.asp

It must have been technical issues. But even a less than perfect show would be better than NO show. We have Red Rocks. It couldn't have been worse than that. Unless maybe there are other plans. Another chance to do the show. Anyone know anything? Any chance of another run of Two Voices, etc? It's a long summer!
Well, that link is just the icing on the cake.

:laugh:

I'm just speculating out my ass here, but I wonder if the not-so-glowing reviews of the show had anything to do with anything...

BTFLCHLD
04-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Another chance to do the show. Anyone know anything? Any chance of another run of Two Voices, etc? It's a long summer!

:] BINGO :]

jwd
04-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Ohh... well, that part is definitely true. I love young, folky Stevie. I love unbridled, manic Stevie. I love sage, Earth-Mother Stevie. And, most of all, I love watching the journey of this woman over the years... the highs, the lows, and everything inbetween.

That's where I'm pitching my tent! :laugh:

BTFLCHLD
04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
That's where I'm pitching my tent! :laugh:
not stevie's cleavage? ;)

gldstwmn
04-27-2006, 10:59 PM

Wow. That actually sounds great. It's better than IFA in Vegas. But in this clip and the one I watched last night she does have her eyes closed most of the time. Were the lights too bright? :lol: :confused:

Johnny Stew
04-27-2006, 11:00 PM
That's where I'm pitching my tent! :laugh:What was that about pitching a tent? ;)

jwd
04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
not stevie's cleavage? ;)

What was that about pitching a tent? ;)

We're not taking this thread there. That's what the chit chat forum is for. ;)

BTFLCHLD
04-27-2006, 11:03 PM
the lights too bright
thats probably what she thought
when she was hitting the reef :D

Johnny Stew
04-27-2006, 11:04 PM
We're not taking this thread there. That's what the chit chat forum is for. ;)Joy-killer! ;)

BTFLCHLD
04-27-2006, 11:05 PM
We're not taking this thread there. That's what the chit chat forum is for. ;)

umm i was hoping for a YES! :]

gldstwmn
04-27-2006, 11:07 PM
thats probably what she thought
when she was hitting the reef :D

:lol: She probably doesn't get to toke that high class Malaysian weed too often.

BTFLCHLD
04-27-2006, 11:19 PM
:lol: She probably doesn't get to toke that high class Malaysian weed too often.
id be ripped
dirt does it for me :lol:
and then to 'perform' on top of it!
stevie is truly amazing!
that wasnt a chit performance
that was the performance of a lifetime! :lol:

gldstwmn
04-27-2006, 11:34 PM
id be ripped
dirt does it for me :lol:
and then to 'perform' on top of it!
stevie is truly amazing!
that wasnt a chit performance
that was the performance of a lifetime! :lol:

Actually after watching SpyNote's clips on Youtube I think this was a good show. She put a lot into it. I find it hard to believe that some would categorize it as the worst show of the tour. It's too bad she couldn't reshoot some of the closeups (if that's what she doesn't like about it).

David
04-27-2006, 11:49 PM
It's too bad she couldn't reshoot some of the closeups (if that's what she doesn't like about it).Oh, no! Not editing closeups in again!! Didn't Stevie learn her lesson twenty years ago? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

amber
04-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Oh, no! Not editing closeups in again!! Didn't Stevie learn her lesson twenty years ago? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

IMO, the funniest close up moments are in the Tango video. :laugh: I was laughing pretty hard when I first saw it (1-1/2 years ago).
It was so cheesy, though, that I liked it. I just sat back and laughed at the Stevelah. And then, at the end, during the credits, I noticed:
"Stevie's Camera man - some guy"
and I laughed even harder that Miss Divalicious had her own separate Camera guy. Then I loved her again. :lol: It's almost as good as "My arms look fat, this video will not see the light of day!" :laugh:

*sigh* Good times....

SandyMac
04-28-2006, 12:25 AM
John Kinney got back to me again (I have to give him a lot of credit for timely responses). :) Anyway, he does not have any information as to why the DVD is not being released. I did mention that there are a lot of fans that had high hopes for this DVD and to pass along that information to Stevie's management. John said he will pass that message along.

So, hopefully someone will tell Stevie that we want a concert DVD. :wavey:

-Sandy

David
04-28-2006, 12:39 AM
IMO, the funniest close up moments are in the Tango video. Oh those are horrible. It's practically a deconstruction of itself, of the video. The video is ostensibly a live concert, which has certain characteristics, like stage space, audience response, performer connection with crowd, &c. But the closeups subvert the whole video by having Stevie look right at YOU (the viewer) & therefore destroy that sense we're supposed to have of watching live performance. Plus her hair is different, time is continually fractured thanks to the constant use of stop-motion & slow-motion, space is fractured thanks to that swooping camera (it swoops like a Peter Jackson movie). Even Stevie's audio is redone--& not even redone well. The whole thing is a failure as far as I'm concerned. It destroys the interest & energy of a performance, & when a concert video does that, what's the use of it?
I was laughing pretty hard when I first saw it (1-1/2 years ago).
It was so cheesy, though, that I liked it.Well, I wish I liked it too. But it really made me angry. I think I've seen it all the way through once. It's just one more embarrassing artifact from a band with a history of botching its legacy, particularly its live legacy.

amber
04-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Oh those are horrible. It's practically a deconstruction of itself, of the video. The video is ostensibly a live concert, which has certain characteristics, like stage space, audience response, performer connection with crowd, &c. But the closeups subvert the whole video by having Stevie look right at YOU (the viewer) & therefore destroy that sense we're supposed to have of watching live performance. Plus her hair is different, time is continually fractured thanks to the constant use of stop-motion & slow-motion, space is fractured thanks to that swooping camera (it swoops like a Peter Jackson movie). Even Stevie's audio is redone--& not even redone well. The whole thing is a failure as far as I'm concerned. It destroys the interest & energy of a performance, & when a concert video does that, what's the use of it?
Well, I wish I liked it too. But it really made me angry. I think I've seen it all the way through once. It's just one more embarrassing artifact from a band with a history of botching its legacy, particularly its live legacy.

I was pissed off at first, too, which is why I decided to label it cheesy and 80's and Divalike. That makes me like it more than I would have.
I didn't notice the hair edits, though.
I agree it's a failure as a "live" performance, but perhaps I was very much more used to that than you. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was.
I have given up getting a real "live" performance of Stevie post HBO. :shrug:
And I agree they have botched their live legacy. In particular, I'm shocked that both Steve and Linds have steered it that way, as they both have Supah Killah Awesome live performances on record. :shrug: Not only that, but in the past they both seemed to enjoy the live vibe - IMO, those are really Stevie's best performances and her greatest strength is live and improv. And never mind the rythym players cowtowing to the STAHS!!!! *rolls eyes*. John doesn't want the conflict, and Mick doesn't want to lose the money and fame. A shame, it is.
I guess the 80's really f*cked a lot of people up. :distress:

P.S. Please go to my record player thread and comment on whether I should buy "Live in Sin City '77" or not.

David
04-28-2006, 12:51 AM
P.S. Please go to my record player thread and comment on whether I should buy "Live in Sin City '77" or not.You mean the vinyl? Otherwise, you shouldn't have to buy it. You've heard it, right? You mean you want the vinyl as a collectible? You'll probably have to search a bit for it. that's another one I think I left in some used record store. I put my copy on cassette & took the vinyl to the used record store in Santa Barbara & probably got a dollar for it. :shocked:

I hope you'll take my comments in the spirit in which they're offered--as discussion, as exchange of ideas--& not as browbeating or bullying.

Jyqm
04-28-2006, 03:30 AM
Well, I wish I liked it too. But it really made me angry. I think I've seen it all the way through once. It's just one more embarrassing artifact from a band with a history of botching its legacy, particularly its live legacy.

With a big exception made for the Green years, of course. Despite a few crappy recordings floating around here and there, the live legacy of Green-era Mac has been very well presented in recent years, what with the BBC discs, the Boston set, and disc two of Show-Biz Blues.

melly
04-28-2006, 03:47 AM
You see Australia and New Zealand are two totally seperate countries...Many miles from one another with diffrent customs and beliefs...

What are some of the different customs and beliefs?

I can't believe there isn't going to be a DVD now. I haven't read through the entire thread, but I saw John Kinney's answer. Are we to assume she wasn't happy with the footage?

Why weren't the people organising this thing making sure the lighting etc would be good for the DVD footage? I think it's embarrassing.. all that publicity and everything and then it's fallen through. :(

Jyqm
04-28-2006, 04:38 AM
What are some of the different customs and beliefs?

Maori culture would be one of the biggest differences between Australia and New Zealand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%81ori_culture

I can't believe there isn't going to be a DVD now. I haven't read through the entire thread, but I saw John Kinney's answer. Are we to assume she wasn't happy with the footage?

Why weren't the people organising this thing making sure the lighting etc would be good for the DVD footage? I think it's embarrassing.. all that publicity and everything and then it's fallen through. :(

Once again, this kind of thing happens all the time. Sometimes footage just doesn't come out the way you wanted it to, regardless of how much planning and care is put into it. Filming a concert can be difficult business. You've got just one shot to get everything right.

As far as "all that publicity," I'm sure the only people who noticed or heard about the DVD idea were the hardcore fans. The public at large, particularly outside Oceania, has no idea that Stevie even toured down there, let alone that she was planning a DVD.

Brwn_eyes0511
04-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Oh well, I'll wait patiently for a copy of the boot. As usual. Whatever. I mean, you know, that's fine that the only thing many casual fans (especially the younger fans who came around during The Dance era or later) have only the Red Rocks DVD as their "official" live Stevie DVD. Nice. So that's what she'd like to be remembered by, huh? OK. Fine. Great.

The Dance Stevie = GREAT

The crappy Australian Stevie I saw on the boots = BORING

so..

If I were her.. I'd pick The Dance too!

DashingDan
04-28-2006, 05:48 AM
There was going to be a dvd.
Wild Heart clothes were coming out for the Gold Dust Las Vegas shows.
There is a Rhiannon movie in the works.
Singing "I Can't Wait" night after night required discipline.
You can't say "no" to the Mac.
She got "no rest" after the TISL tour.

This is why we love her.

estranged4life
04-28-2006, 09:01 AM
thank the Almighty for the video bootleg of the Melbourne show, Kinda figured that an official release would not come to fruition.

skcin
04-28-2006, 09:26 AM
The Dance Stevie = GREAT

so..

If I were her.. I'd pick The Dance too!

Oh, I agree. But I meant her solo work.

no_spoken_word
04-28-2006, 10:15 AM
For that matter, are there any actual interviews were Stevie herself mentioned that there would be a DVD of the Melbourne show??? Now I can't remember.

dreamongypsydkm
04-28-2006, 10:45 AM
What are some of the different customs and beliefs?They're as different as Americans and Canadians are.

gldstwmn
04-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Oh, no! Not editing closeups in again!! Didn't Stevie learn her lesson twenty years ago? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol: I don't want to watch a DVD where her eyes are closed the whole time though.

gldstwmn
04-28-2006, 11:24 AM
There was going to be a dvd.
Wild Heart clothes were coming out for the Gold Dust Las Vegas shows.
There is a Rhiannon movie in the works.
Singing "I Can't Wait" night after night required discipline.
You can't say "no" to the Mac.
She got "no rest" after the TISL tour.

This is why we love her.

She wouldn't be Stevie without the high drama.

bikerchic
04-28-2006, 11:52 AM
They're as different as Americans and Canadians are.
------

Huh?

Sahara
04-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I guess I lean more towards the "if you don't have anything nice to say -- don't say anything at all" school of thought.

In this day and age I think that ideal is something very important and something that people have totally left behind. Amen!

I will however contradict myself in saying that I went around today experiencing my first ever I-Am-Seriously-Irritated-at-Stevie-Nicks mood. It wasn't a pleasant sensation. I am really annoyed! As has been said, why build it up so much and then let it fall through? What a let-down... It's clearly something the fans want, hopefully that message will get to her / her management somehow. :shrug: I just don't understand why not.

And as for the Tango close-ups ... yeah, it destroyed the concert feel. But she looked amazing. Dear God those earrings. :thumbsup:

David
04-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Maori culture would be one of the biggest differences between Australia and New Zealand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%81ori_culture"I'm an Australian, incidentally." -- Dame Edna
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackWidow
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
UNFORTUNATELY...Jon Kinney has his hands tied on most Stevie issues, including releasing or speculating on anything Stevie! I have talked to him many times regarding this issue. Now that he is the "Official" Website - He can no longer run things he would have in the past. I'm sure most have you noticed how controlled that site has become.He is now an "employee" and can only release what is approved. Sad..but true! The NicksFix seems to be the last to know about anything! I agree that Stevie or Ghost writer Karen, her asst. could have elaborated a little more as to why the DVD was scrapped
or clarify that it would be released as Melbourne show. So..who knows?
Why couldn't they just have Stevie change costumes and start the show from the top doing the first two songs? Seems simple to me! I want a DVD..but I would be happy with a Live CD wich Stevie has been claiming she wanted to do. I agree with whoever said she may be unhappy with her own voice/performance too.:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Sahara
04-28-2006, 01:01 PM
I want a DVD..but I would be happy with a Live CD wich Stevie has been claiming she wanted to do. I agree with whoever said she may be unhappy with her own voice/performance too.:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

True, true. I guess I'm on the list of those who'd like to see a boot DVD then ... not my usual practice, but this is not something I want to miss!

I'm thinking ... :rolleyes: Put on the boot DVD, turn the music down, and play the official CD [fingers crossed] over it!
Genius. :D ;)

JazmenFlowers
04-28-2006, 01:05 PM
what I'm wondering is how this live dvd/cd came about in the first place? I remember there being a reason we were all thinking this, but can't remember the source. Anyone remember?

Sahara
04-28-2006, 01:07 PM
what I'm wondering is how this live dvd/cd came about in the first place? I remember there being a reason we were all thinking this, but can't remember the source. Anyone remember?

A few interviews said it, but not in quotation marks as such.

I said months ago I thought it would be a great idea, but that was ages before the Australian tour was announced.

SapphireSister
04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
At the moment I'm feeling quite disenchanted with our girl. After seeing the youtube clips from the Melbourne show I can't say I'm overly disappointed it's not being released because I have better things to do with my time than watch Stevie Nicks sing while she's sleeping but it's just the fact that she said there would be a DVD (and didn't follow through once again) and there was an expectation there so I feel let down.
Is it possible Australia has the most potent marajuana on the face of the earth and Stevie got the shock of her life before hitting the stage? :lol:

JazmenFlowers
04-28-2006, 01:10 PM
At the moment I'm feeling quite disenchanted with our girl. After seeing the youtube clips from the Melbourne show I can't say I'm overly disappointed it's not being released because I have better things to do with my time than watch Stevie Nicks sing while she's sleeping but it's just the fact that she said there would be a DVD (and didn't follow through once again) and there was an expectation there so I feel let down.
Is it possible Australia has the most potent marajuana on the face of the earth and Stevie got the shock of her life before hitting the stage? :lol:
it is disenchanting, isn't it? oh well. I just have to hope there was/is a good reason for it not being released and look forward to other things. I think Stevie sometimes, like most humans, critiques herself too much, i.e. Stand Back civil war version video.

SapphireSister
04-28-2006, 01:15 PM
For that matter, are there any actual interviews were Stevie herself mentioned that there would be a DVD of the Melbourne show??? Now I can't remember.
I can't find one where Stevie herself said it would be released but there were several official articles pointing to it. Here's one from Pollstar which is a pretty reliable source.
Nov 13, 2005:
Striking Gold Downunder
Rock gypsy Stevie Nicks is taking her "Gold Dust" solo tour downunder in February, with some special collaborations planned during the two-and-a-half-week trek.
Nicks will kick things off February 18 at Melbourne, Australia's Rod Laver Arena, where she'll perform with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra in a concert that will be filmed for DVD.

dreamongypsydkm
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
------

Huh?"Huh" in return. The customs and beliefs are essentially the same, as similar as America and Canada are. It's not as if Egypt were neighboring Japan. They're as good as the same place, infact it was only due to a referendum that they're not literally the same place.

Johnny Stew
04-28-2006, 02:42 PM
The crappy Australian Stevie I saw on the boots = BORINGI didn't watch every single Melbourne clip on YouTube, but I watched several of them and I didn't find them to be at all boring. I was pretty drawn into the performance, as a matter of fact, and was very pleased. :shrug:

estranged4life
04-28-2006, 02:46 PM
I didn't watch every single Melbourne clip on YouTube, but I watched several of them and I didn't find them to be at all boring. I was pretty drawn into the performance, as a matter of fact, and was very pleased. :shrug:

on DVD, Seems like a great concert IMO...Very good visually & very good sound & performance, So I wonder what the real reason is to why this show will not be officially released?

jwd
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511

I didn't watch every single Melbourne clip on YouTube, but I watched several of them and I didn't find them to be at all boring. I was pretty drawn into the performance, as a matter of fact, and was very pleased.:shrug:

I wonder what Brandon thought of The Christine McVie Video? Now that's one BORING piece of music performance. I think watching that would cure even the worst case of insomnia. :laugh: I love Chris and her music, but she was right, when she wanted to stay behind her keys and let Stevie take front and center. :nod:

JazmenFlowers
04-28-2006, 06:17 PM
I didn't watch every single Melbourne clip on YouTube, but I watched several of them and I didn't find them to be at all boring. I was pretty drawn into the performance, as a matter of fact, and was very pleased. :shrug:
Beauty and the Beast is especially fascinating. the sound and her voice are perfect.

Jyqm
04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
In this day and age I think that ideal is something very important and something that people have totally left behind. Amen!

I will however contradict myself in saying that I went around today experiencing my first ever I-Am-Seriously-Irritated-at-Stevie-Nicks mood. It wasn't a pleasant sensation. I am really annoyed! As has been said, why build it up so much and then let it fall through? What a let-down... It's clearly something the fans want, hopefully that message will get to her / her management somehow. :shrug: I just don't understand why not.

Who built it up so much? Was it Stevie, or was it people posting on the Ledge who got overly excited by a few mentions in a few Australian newspapers?

Honestly, everyone here knows that I'm the last person who could be considered a member of the "Stevie can do no wrong and how dare anyone speak ill of her" camp, but I really don't think she deserves to be "blamed" for this. So there were preliminary plans to film a concert DVD in Melbourne, and they fell through. So it goes. I doubt Stevie's sitting back in her mansion cackling, "Hahaha, now they'll never get a good DVD from me!" I would imagine she's as disappointed as anyone else.

We can speculate all we want, but the bottom line is that most likely the concert was filmed, but it simply didn't come out that well, and Stevie didn't want to release an inferior product (or a product that made her look bad... or fat). So it goes sometimes. But don't go blaming Stevie because a handful of newspapers reported that the concert was being filmed and you got overly excited.

Rickypt
04-28-2006, 07:29 PM
The Australian promoters built it up. Here is the official news release (it's a PDF).

http://www.sydentcent.com.au/files/mediareleases/Media%20Release%20Stevie%20Nicks.pdf

If you don't want to open it, it says that she is working to ensure that the shows with the orchestra -- and the ensuing DVD -- will be a highlight of her illustrious career.

Instead, it's a disappointment. I'm not going to rag on her, and things happen, but it's a disappointment nonetheless.

BlackWidow
04-28-2006, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Jyqm]I doubt Stevie's sitting back in her mansion cackling, "Hahaha, now they'll never get a good DVD from me!"

Oh I bet she is throwing her head back and cackling at the top of her lungs
about how she fooled all of us into thinking there would be a DVD!:lol:

BTFLCHLD
04-29-2006, 12:47 AM
I doubt Stevie's sitting back in her mansion cackling, "Hahaha, now they'll never get a good DVD from me!"

Oh I bet she is throwing her head back and cackling at the top of her lungs
about how she fooled all of us into thinking there would be a DVD!:lol:
msnicks does not 'cackle' :cool:

BTFLCHLD
04-29-2006, 01:05 AM
A gentleman who no longer posts here referred to her as "cackling" during The Other Side of the Mirror tour, specifically the San Jose bootleg.
well 'my' stevie does not cackle
you trying to burst my bubble :shocked:

foxyluva
04-29-2006, 01:12 AM

They are not boring - but they are not up to her usual standard of performance. But in saying that I think Stevie's voice has improved greatly since the SYW tour, or even the TISL tour - and she looked happier (at the NZ shows anyway :shrug: )

whitesoxx
04-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Well I am just very disappointed off that we won't get a dvd once again. I really don't understand Stevie. She does sell-out shows in Vegas where she is in fine form: no dvd, she goes on tour with Don Henley, she sounds really fresh on his songs and vice versa: no dvd. And now she performs with a frigging orchestra for a dvd release and we get no dvd! It's not like she's some newbie that hasn't got a clue how recording a show works, she's been in the business for eons so it's all about professionalism to me (like giving your brother the responsability to cut and paste tour books is SO professional...) which she is lacking.

I have the bootleg dvd and I love it, even though the orchestra gets drowned out on the up-tempo songs, but that would be no problem for the official dvd. Her voice sounds great too, she avoids some of the high notes to be on the safe side for the recording, but I can live with that. And remember, even the White Winged Dove concert video was overdubbed in the studio here and there. And I can't believe it would be about Stevie feeling fat: she must look in the mirror on a regular basis so she can't be shocked by the footage all of a sudden.

So in all, I am very disappointed once again. She just seems completely ignorant- or worse yet: does not care- that her fans are craving for a document of her live shows and that just seriously pisses me off.

BTFLCHLD
04-29-2006, 02:57 AM
I have the bootleg dvd and I love it
well IMO all this proves is the show is F'in already out there!!!
perhaps stevie doesnt bother with making a buck...... :laugh:
like lindsey (destinyrules) she is 'satisfied' w/apt in topanga
wouldnt that be wild. fans have the show...
and she doesnt have to package the material :]
(with all the poser shots some peeps hate anyways!)

i feel everyones pain...but thats the way it goes IMO
stevie wont be packaging it...and we wont be gleefully
unwrapping it for goodness sake...send me a copy! :shrug:

BTFLCHLD
04-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Nope. :)

Isn't that mylittledemon's job, anyway? :shrug:
yeah wheres my baby!!! :cool:

sparky
04-29-2006, 04:18 AM
Once again, this kind of thing happens all the time. Sometimes footage just doesn't come out the way you wanted it to, regardless of how much planning and care is put into it. Filming a concert can be difficult business. You've got just one shot to get everything right.

Bull****.

Kind of.

If you are a professional, you film more than one night. If you are a professional, you rehearse long enough and get the orchestra turned up to a proper level. If you are a professional, you do it right or don't bother.

Case in point, The Dance was filmed for 3 nights, because the people in charge knew what they were doing. They redid songs. They rehearsed it for weeks. A set was designed. It was a real operation.

Evidently, the Melbourne thing was a half assed joke. Kind of like the entire Vegas show. I didn't see Melbourne, but I saw Sydney and Newcastle. Nothing changed from Vegas. It wasn't some special gig. BATB was the one thing they got right. I heard the MSO show, which neglected the divine opportunity to fully realize the depth of her best songs with one of the finest orchestras on earth. The reviews were humdrum. Even from the fans. The arrangements were less inspired than the Landslide done at Stormy Weather, which had almost no rehearsal time and planning and was a benefit. You know what ?

No one bothered.

If her record company isn't going to foot the proper bill to give her catalogue the respectful treatment it deserves, she should write the check herself at this point, if only for the legacy of her precious songs, while she still has the semblance of a voice to do them justice. However, Stevie clearly doesn't give a rip enough to memorialize her most important compositions by utilizing the resources at her disposal, and like I have recently said, if she doesn't give a ****, why should I ?

The truth is, I don't much anymore.

The past year or so, I have resigned myself to the fact that she is pretty much an idiot. Certainly as a business woman, and evidently as an artist as well. Sad.

I expect a news report in three years telling us she was addicted to yet another tranquilizer from 2002-2006 which made her not care about everything, almost killed her, and she has finally kicked. To rise from the ashes yet again ! To lose the 30 pounds and then gain it all back again in 6 months ! Yawn. Thank God other artists I love have at least half the respect for themselves and their work that I do.

Damn, maybe I'm over her at last.

Sahara
04-29-2006, 08:15 AM
So in all, I am very disappointed once again. She just seems completely ignorant- or worse yet: does not care- that her fans are craving for a document of her live shows and that just seriously pisses me off.

That's where I'm at too. She and her management must know that we're dying for something new. :(

David
04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Damn, maybe I'm over her at last.Just watch the old video footage, spark! The way I do! Stevie lives forever in those dusty old tapes!! :thumbsup: :]

eclipse
04-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Maybe no DVD but a CD?? No one said anything about no CD being released...or did they and I missed it?
Hey one can hope-right??

Although I agree with David-
She sounds and looks better in VHS history :lol:

Rickypt
04-29-2006, 10:39 AM
If you are a professional, you film more than one night. If you are a professional, you rehearse long enough and get the orchestra turned up to a proper level. If you are a professional, you do it right or don't bother.

That's exactly it. This wasn't something Stevie just mentioned casually. It was promoted and we all knew she was performing with an orchestra in order to rework her songs for a live recording.

For some reason, though, I'm not that bugged about it. Just mildly disappointed. I've come not to expect anything from Stevie other than the occasional solo shed tour with the same setlist. I've come to terms with the fact that there will be no more new music, no club/theater tour, no truly "fabulous" Vegas show, no shaken up setlists, no DVD with orchestra.

It's a shame, because if done right, this could indeed have been a highlight of a truly illustrious career, as advertised. No matter, though. She's given me a lifetime of pleasure and she is who she is.

Rickypt
04-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey one can hope-right??

Yes, but wouldn't Stevie have said "there won't be a DVD, but we're working on a CD"?

BlackWidow
04-29-2006, 10:53 AM
msnicks does not 'cackle' :cool:
Oh honey..She cackled on this one!:lol:

strandinthewind
04-29-2006, 10:58 AM
. . . Damn, maybe I'm over her at last.

I am over the same things you are, though I think she ruled on the Gold Dust tour a little more than you think. I think this because of Circle Dance and Rock and Roll. If she comes to Atlanta, I'll go see her. But, other than that, I will not make the effort. Of course I say this now . . . . :cool:

jwd
04-29-2006, 11:05 AM
I like that you quote "Behind The Mask" in your signature...that is one of my favorite Christine songs, and it never seems to get the "love" it deserves.:)

Thanks. But actually that line is from "In The Back Of My Mind", a song written by Billy Burnette and David Malloy. Of course Chris sings that part of the song, and beautifully I must say.

I've added another quote to my signature. What do you think of it? It's from another poet who doesn't always get the "love" he deserves. :xoxo:

markolas
04-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Completely agree with Sparky. She's a real annoyance. I'll always love her first 3 albums and The Dance, but it's obvious she's either an idiot (like Sparky said) or she just doesn't care.

Sahara
04-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks. But actually that line is from "In The Back Of My Mind", a song written by Billy Burnette and David Malloy. Of course Chris sings that part of the song, and beautifully I must say.

An awesome song. Probably my favourite on that album.

What about those sounds at the beginning? What is the voice saying? And whose is it? Same goes for My Little Demon on the Dance?

:runs off to listen to it again:

jwd
04-29-2006, 11:29 AM
What about those sounds at the beginning? What is the voice saying? And whose is it?

Sounds satanic or at least very cultish. The only part I can come close to making out is what sounds like " I know what is mine"? I'd guess Mick, or maybe they took Stevie's voice and slowed it waaaaay down. :D

Sahara
04-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Sounds satanic or at least very cultish. The only part I can come close to making out is what sounds like " I know what is mine"? I'd guess Mick, or maybe they took Stevie's voice and slowed it waaaaay down. :D

Maybe! I always hear "They know not when / what they find"

Though "I know what is mine" makes a hell of a lot more sense. :rolleyes:

PenguinHead
04-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Maybe! I always hear "They know not when / what they find"

Though "I know what is mine" makes a hell of a lot more sense. :rolleyes:

What I've always heard is pretty lame:

What's it really like Stevie?
What's it really like..Chris?
I know what it's like!

Sahara
04-29-2006, 12:41 PM
OK, now I'm hearing "What's it really like?"

Or even "What's Stevie like?" :eek:

Maybe a question for John?!

What a great intro....

WelshWitchPMD
04-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Damn, maybe I'm over her at last.

I hate to say it but that is how have felt for the last few years. Yes, of course I still go to see her but I think that is because she has been a part of my life for so long. I just don't feel the same about her as I did a few years ago.:shrug:

gldstwmn
04-29-2006, 01:31 PM
I wonder what Brandon thought of The Christine McVie Video?

Are you talking about the one where she's in Switzerland? I kind of enjoyed that actually. :o

Johnny Stew
04-29-2006, 01:44 PM
I hate to say it but that is how have felt for the last few years. Yes, of course I still go to see her but I think that is because she has been a part of my life for so long. I just don't feel the same about her as I did a few years ago.:shrug:I don't know what it is, but I never have that feeling of being "over" my interest in her. Maybe my interest is different than that of others', maybe my expectations are different. I don't know.
I've certainly lost interest in other performers, so I can understand where folks are coming from, but it's different with Stevie. Something happens for me when I listen to her... a chemical reaction almost, kind of like the way chocolate boosts your serotonin levels.

Maybe I'm an addict with a very strrrange addiction! :shocked:

Johnny Stew
04-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I've added another quote to my signature. What do you think of it? It's from another poet who doesn't always get the "love" he deserves. :xoxo:Aw, shucks, sir.... thank you! :o The check's in the mail!

jwd
04-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Are you talking about the one where she's in Switzerland? I kind of enjoyed that actually.:o

The one I'm referring to is the only one, that I'm aware of, that was commercially released. Specifically it's entitled "Christine McVIe The Video Album". It features her music videos "Got A Hold On Me" and "Love Will Show Us How", along with live concert footage. I think the one you're speaking of is a documentary, which goes more into of how the album was made etc. I do think that was interesting.

jwd
04-29-2006, 02:13 PM
The check's in the mail!

Woooohoooo! DIVIDENDS! :thumbsup:

jwd
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
OK, now I'm hearing "What's it really like?"

Or even "What's Stevie like?":eek:

Maybe a question for John?!

What a great intro....

Actually, I think someone should ask that. The man said he likes to answer these questions to keep his brain working. That one may do it! :laugh: :angel:

Sahara
04-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Actually, I think someone should ask that. The man said he likes to answer these questions to keep his brain working. That one may do it! :laugh: :angel:

I think I'm too nervous! :o

Rickypt
04-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't know what it is, but I never have that feeling of being "over" my interest in her.

Me neither. I'll never be over her. I get the frustration and disappointment, though. It's like Stevie's in this semi-retirement. Not doing anything new or different, but still working a bit, maybe for the money, maybe to keep busy, maybe it's because it's all she knows. Stevie seems very sheltered to me, and I don't think she realizes how much hope and expectation there is among her fans. Especially when she says she's going to do something.

It really did go like this. She was quoted as early as last summer saying she was going to Australia to rework her songs and record with the Melbourne Orchestra. Then when she's asked about it 9 months later, she says "I'm sorry, there's not going to be a DVD". And that's all she says. I find it to be bizarre behavior. Just not surprised by it anymore.

Johnny Stew
04-30-2006, 12:48 PM
It really did go like this. She was quoted as early as last summer saying she was going to Australia to rework her songs and record with the Melbourne Orchestra. Then when she's asked about it 9 months later, she says "I'm sorry, there's not going to be a DVD". And that's all she says. I find it to be bizarre behavior. Just not surprised by it anymore.It's really extremely hard to say exactly what happened to change plans (if plans were, indeed, changed)... it could be a lot of factors. I know sparky mentioned the unprofessionalism of not arranging to film multiple nights, but I had read several articles that said the Melbourne Orchestra was only available for one performance night. I imagine Stevie would have preferred to have had the luxury of filming at least two nights, but apparently that wasn't feasible.

There still might be a live CD in the pipeline (instead of that new "best of" compilation, which was mentioned about six months ago and seems to have disappeared from the radar), so I guess we'll just have to wait to see.

As an aside, I'd like to point out that Madonna had an entire concert filmed from her Re-Invention tour in 2004, with the intention of releasing it on DVD... and that still hasn't materialized (footage filmed from other concerts is included in her upcoming 'I'm Going To Tell You A Secret' DVD/CD, but not the full-length concert).
So sometimes plans change, even for artists who aren't Stevie.

SapphireSister
04-30-2006, 02:12 PM
The past year or so, I have resigned myself to the fact that she is pretty much an idiot. Certainly as a business woman, and evidently as an artist as well. Sad. Damn, maybe I'm over her at last.
If that is indeed the case (that you are "over her at last") why do you continue posting in her forum? Surely you could find better things to do with your time than posting on the board of an "idiot"? Enlighten me, please!

JazmenFlowers
04-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't know what it is, but I never have that feeling of being "over" my interest in her. Maybe my interest is different than that of others', maybe my expectations are different. I don't know.
I've certainly lost interest in other performers, so I can understand where folks are coming from, but it's different with Stevie. Something happens for me when I listen to her... a chemical reaction almost, kind of like the way chocolate boosts your serotonin levels.

Maybe I'm an addict with a very strrrange addiction! :shocked:
absolutely. exactly how I feel. I think that a lot of what we expect from Stevie these days would be gravy to go along with the music, etc. she has shared over the past 30 years. I'm just as disappointed as the next person that we don't get the same kinds of things that fans of other artists get and I get pissed when she says the setlists will be different or she will pull outfits out of the closet and then does neither...but in the end, she still amazes me with every word and every look, so, I get over it...

I don't understand the "I'm over her" idea...what exactly does that mean? done with her because she doesn't satisfy your cravings for a live dvd or because she says one thing in an interview and then doesn't follow through (when we never really know the details of either). what does "over her" really mean?

you've been the sweetest part of my life for so long

DavidMn
04-30-2006, 03:17 PM
I can really appreciate what Brian said about Stevie. I feel the same way. She and Fleetwood Mac are ther only musical entities that I've consistently listened to for over 25 years.

JazmenFlowers
04-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I hate to say it but that is how have felt for the last few years. Yes, of course I still go to see her but I think that is because she has been a part of my life for so long. I just don't feel the same about her as I did a few years ago.:shrug:
well maybe you're not as "over" her as you thought - you took the time to add a pretty awesome sig pic of her! :thumbsup:

Jyqm
04-30-2006, 03:26 PM
I don't understand the "I'm over her" idea...what exactly does that mean? done with her because she doesn't satisfy your cravings for a live dvd or because she says one thing in an interview and then doesn't follow through (when we never really know the details of either). what does "over her" really mean?

Personally, I consider myself to be "over" Stevie in the respect that at this point I no longer expect her to do anything relevant or of interest to me in the future. I don't expect a new album, I don't expect any DVDs or any fun stuff like that, I don't expect her to put on especially good or interesting concerts anymore. I'm "over" the Ghost of Stevie Present, and I don't imagine that things are going to change with the Ghost of Stevie Future.

That said, I've still got the Ghost of Stevie Past to enjoy, and to discuss here.

DavidMn
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Personally, I consider myself to be "over" Stevie in the respect that at this point I no longer expect her to do anything relevant or of interest to me in the future. I don't expect a new album, I don't expect any DVDs or any fun stuff like that, I don't expect her to put on especially good or interesting concerts anymore. I'm "over" the Ghost of Stevie Present, and I don't imagine that things are going to change with the Ghost of Stevie Future.

That said, I've still got the Ghost of Stevie Past to enjoy, and to discuss here.Thank goodness we'el always have that.:)

JazmenFlowers
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM

That said, I've still got the Ghost of Stevie Past to enjoy, and to discuss here.
very well...

sparky
04-30-2006, 03:36 PM
If that is indeed the case (that you are "over her at last") why do you continue posting in her forum? Surely you could find better things to do with your time than posting on the board of an "idiot"? Enlighten me, please!

I am doing it for you, sweetheart. I am doing it all for you.

Jyqm
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
very well...

No, it's not very well, it's rather sad, actually. I'm certainly not pleased that Stevie seems to have come to such a standstill in recent years.

WelshWitchPMD
04-30-2006, 03:51 PM
well maybe you're not as "over" her as you thought - you took the time to add a pretty awesome sig pic of her! :thumbsup:

Thanks. Yeah, I know it. Stevie is just like a sweet drug. But I just feel pretty 'blah' about a lot of things lately anyway.:shrug:

SapphireSister
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
If Stevie never releases another album, never tours again, continues to say she'll do things and not follow through with them, etc. I will never lose interest in her. It's kind of like a family member, you may not always get along with them and may even be estranged but you are always connected to them somehow. Not to sound cliche but she has had such an amazing impact on my life and been there for me (in spirit) through such difficult times (and good times) that she would have to commit some horribly atrocious act for me to ever be "over her" and that's highly doubtful. She's already given me enough enjoyment to last a lifetime although anything new is always welcome. I have 30 years of this woman's amazing career and if that's what I'm left with I'm satisfied. That being said she hasn't hung up her boots just yet guys...

SapphireSister
04-30-2006, 03:56 PM
I am doing it for you, sweetheart. I am doing it all for you.
That's what I thought, just checking :xoxo:

Jyqm
04-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I have 30 years of this woman's amazing career and if that's what I'm left with I'm satisfied.

Well, yeah. That's pretty much what I was getting at.

Johnny Stew
04-30-2006, 04:13 PM
I won't lie and say that I don't wish that she was hard at work on a new album right now... or at least writing like a madwoman in preparation for one.
I also won't lie and say that I wouldn't love to see her back off from the "gotta please the folks who only know my songs from the radio" shed tours, and instead focus on smaller, more intimate performances with more varied setlists.

And, of course, it's not like any of those desires are at all impractical... but, at the same time, I'm a fairly pragmatic person, and don't find that the lack of fulfillment of those desires seriously disappoints me in any way.
They're in the "it would be awesome if...." category, but my continued interest in her and her music doesn't hinge on those things.

Hopefully though, Stevie's on the cusp of downsizing her organization a little, will cut down a little on the outward "big time rock and roll star" trappings (I'm talking career-wise, not how or where she lives), and maybe reconnect with her core fan-base in a more personal way again.

JazmenFlowers
04-30-2006, 04:50 PM
No, it's not very well, it's rather sad, actually. I'm certainly not pleased that Stevie seems to have come to such a standstill in recent years.
yeah, well...ok.

BTFLCHLD
04-30-2006, 05:02 PM
shes not dead yet! :rolleyes:
stevie has so much to give
if she wants she will
if she doesnt she wont
she wont disappoint me :D

sparky
04-30-2006, 05:04 PM

Well said. The "over it" element of my attitude is reflective of all you said, and it has been bubbling about in my head for about 4 years. Sure it's fun to go see her. It's an adventure. I am thrilled to be able to meet up with friends and continue the ritual of going to concerts. Hell, half of it is just being glad I can drop the cash to do it whenever I want to. It was ridiculous and unbelievable to be in Australia and end up in the front row. I just don't expect much to change, and after all these years, I know all of her outrageous plans and talk of projects need to be taken with a dump truck of salt. They are about as trustworthy as the mutterings of an infant or a mentally ill ragamuffin with a shopping cart.

Poetry book, childrens book, movie, fabulous costumes, rare songs... :lol: :lol:

Yeah, and I am the Prime Minister. It's actually just a different form of entertainment. Like Mutterings of a Madwoman. I suppose it's kind of cute.

Sahara
04-30-2006, 06:42 PM
If Stevie never releases another album, never tours again, continues to say she'll do things and not follow through with them, etc. I will never lose interest in her. It's kind of like a family member, you may not always get along with them and may even be estranged but you are always connected to them somehow. Not to sound cliche but she has had such an amazing impact on my life and been there for me (in spirit) through such difficult times (and good times) that she would have to commit some horribly atrocious act for me to ever be "over her" and that's highly doubtful. She's already given me enough enjoyment to last a lifetime although anything new is always welcome. I have 30 years of this woman's amazing career and if that's what I'm left with I'm satisfied. That being said she hasn't hung up her boots just yet guys...

Hear hear!

I mean, I've only been a fan since early 2004 and I've become obsessed pretty darn quickly. That's the kind of effect she's had on people, and in that time I've had plenty to keep me interested in terms of brand new releases. Maybe that's just because I've had all of "Stevie past" to catch up on, I suppose, but there's been lots of current news to talk about. Not to mention plenty from the past to discuss... I think the statement that she's come to a standstill is pretty harsh.

BlackWidow
04-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I won't lie and say that I don't wish that she was hard at work on a new album right now... or at least writing like a madwoman in preparation for one.
I also won't lie and say that I wouldn't love to see her back off from the "gotta please the folks who only know my songs from the radio" shed tours, and instead focus on smaller, more intimate performances with more varied setlists.

And, of course, it's not like any of those desires are at all impractical... but, at the same time, I'm a fairly pragmatic person, and don't find that the lack of fulfillment of those desires seriously disappoints me in any way.
They're in the "it would be awesome if...." category, but my continued interest in her and her music doesn't hinge on those things.

Hopefully though, Stevie's on the cusp of downsizing her organization a little, will cut down a little on the outward "big time rock and roll star" trappings (I'm talking career-wise, not how or where she lives), and maybe reconnect with her core fan-base in a more personal way again.
...and wouldn't that be amazing!!!!!????

AliceLover
04-30-2006, 10:49 PM

Seriously!!!

She is such a huge part of my life. Coming home after a hard day either at work or school and listening to music on the computer or on CD just makes everything so much better. I will never lose interest...she will always be a huge part of my life.

David
04-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Throughout the years, I've heard a lot of people (many of them Mac friends of mine--people I went to Mac concerts with or collected memorabilia with) swear to me that they were going to love Stevie forever. But years later, they had changed & their interest had majorly waned. I know at a certain point early on for me I thought it was impossible that I would ever not love Stevie.

Not everyone "moves on" & that's not really what I'm implying. But many fans do, & I don't think there's any way that one can know whether one is going to be a rabid Stevie fan twenty years from now. As Stevie sang, "How will we feel twenty years from now." It can be like a relationship, like a marriage--looking ahead it all looks so certain & so solid. But life has a way of driving a wedge into many things.

In my own case, it isn't amazing to me that I no longer really love the topical Stevie; what actually amazes me is that I still love the no-longer-topical Stevie as much as I do. That's what shocks me.

BTFLCHLD
05-01-2006, 12:45 AM
then again...lindsey gave us soundstage http://i1.tinypic.com/wvopcp.gif

Sahara
05-01-2006, 05:34 AM
then again...lindsey gave us soundstage http://i1.tinypic.com/wvopcp.gif

Your sig is so wonderful. :wavey:

jean-mariecowl
05-01-2006, 09:09 AM
:blob2: hi all, if anyone wishes to chat on msn chat , im jean-marie on there. stevieness.

wheart
05-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Well, yeah, it really SUCKS that there will not be a DVD and at this point, there probably won't be another release of a Stevie live show since she seems to have all but given up on her solo career. I haven't seen any of the clips on YoTube but if folks are saying she's not that great, then maybe it's better she doesn't release it. I'm sure in her heart Stevie does want to please her fans and had the best intentions on releasing this DVD. As someone already said, you don't know what you've got on video until you starting looking at the footage. I'm sure there are valid reasons why this isn't going to be released. Honestly, I think I may be more disappointed if it were released and it ended up being not that great of a show. That would really bum me out.

Sahara
05-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Well, yeah, it really SUCKS that there will not be a DVD and at this point, there probably won't be another release of a Stevie live show since she seems to have all but given up on her solo career. I haven't seen any of the clips on YoTube but if folks are saying she's not that great, then maybe it's better she doesn't release it.

Given up on her solo career? That's absurd. Would she be touring so much if she'd given up on her solo career? I don't get why people say that. :shrug:

And go watch the YouTube videos. I don't know about anyone else but they sure as hell blew me away. She sounds and looks great -- it looked like a fantastic show. :D :( :D

SapphireSister
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Well said. The "over it" element of my attitude is reflective of all you said, and it has been bubbling about in my head for about 4 years. Sure it's fun to go see her. It's an adventure. I am thrilled to be able to meet up with friends and continue the ritual of going to concerts. Hell, half of it is just being glad I can drop the cash to do it whenever I want to. It was ridiculous and unbelievable to be in Australia and end up in the front row. I just don't expect much to change, and after all these years, I know all of her outrageous plans and talk of projects need to be taken with a dump truck of salt. They are about as trustworthy as the mutterings of an infant or a mentally ill ragamuffin with a shopping cart.

Poetry book, childrens book, movie, fabulous costumes, rare songs... :lol: :lol:

Yeah, and I am the Prime Minister. It's actually just a different form of entertainment. Like Mutterings of a Madwoman. I suppose it's kind of cute.

Holy ****e sparky you flew all the way to the other side of the world to see someone you are "over"? I'm simply bursting at the seams to hear about what you do for people you are totally in to, please share!

P.S. I want to come back as sparky in my next life!

sparky
05-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Holy ****e sparky you flew all the way to the other side of the world to see someone you are "over"? I'm simply bursting at the seams to hear about what you do for people you are totally in to, please share!

P.S. I want to come back as sparky in my next life!

It was a coincidence. I had entertained the idea of going to see a few shows, and then decided not to for a number of reasons. Then I just happened to be in Sydney at the same time she was.
What do I do for people I am into ? :lol:
Ask the guy in Sydney I flew to see.:eek:

SapphireSister
05-01-2006, 06:36 PM
What do I do for people I am into ? :lol:
Ask the guy in Sydney I flew to see.:eek:

TMI!!!!!! (too much information) ;)

Rickypt
05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Given up on her solo career? That's absurd. Would she be touring so much if she'd given up on her solo career? I don't get why people say that. :shrug:

I think it's how you define "career". If producing no new music and going on the same-old same-old summer shed circuit with a greatest hits set counts as furthering a career, then you are right. I think she's in semi-retirement myself.

Serrart
05-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Even if she stopped touring (and I don't think she would), making records (and I don't think she would) I'll keep being a fan of hers. In her music I find a texture that brings a lot of emotions to me, and that wouldn't change. She isn't a friend, a mother, a daughter, a lover, she is someone I admire, I just know her artistic persona and to identify it with her personality could be labels' dream but is quite a useless and vampiresque semplification, IMO.

Romy

BTFLCHLD
05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Even if she stopped touring (and I don't think she would), making records (and I don't think she would) I'll keep being a fan of hers. In her music I find a texture that brings a lot of emotions to me, and that wouldn't change. She isn't a friend, a mother, a daughter, a lover, she is someone I admire, I just know her artistic persona and to identify it with her personality could be labels' dream but is quite a useless and vampiresque semplification, IMO.

Romy
thank you eloquent romy...
as always :thumbsup:

GregOz
05-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Hi All,

I sent a message to Andrew McManus who was the promoter for the tour.

They replied today and said the DVD was still some time away and expect plenty of announcements when it is released.

All the best

Greg

amber
05-02-2006, 03:56 AM
Throughout the years, I've heard a lot of people (many of them Mac friends of mine--people I went to Mac concerts with or collected memorabilia with) swear to me that they were going to love Stevie forever. But years later, they had changed & their interest had majorly waned. I know at a certain point early on for me I thought it was impossible that I would ever not love Stevie.

Not everyone "moves on" & that's not really what I'm implying. But many fans do, & I don't think there's any way that one can know whether one is going to be a rabid Stevie fan twenty years from now. As Stevie sang, "How will we feel twenty years from now." It can be like a relationship, like a marriage--looking ahead it all looks so certain & so solid. But life has a way of driving a wedge into many things.

In my own case, it isn't amazing to me that I no longer really love the topical Stevie; what actually amazes me is that I still love the no-longer-topical Stevie as much as I do. That's what shocks me.

I was thinking about this, too, trying to project whether I really would always love listening to Stevie.
I still love all the songs I ever have loved in my life (but of course listen to them with less frequency than when I really loved them).
Also, I loved Stevie when i was 3, and 8, and 12, so that has already been over 20 years, even though I didn't know who I loved then, and certainly didn't have the high level of exposure that I have now.
There are a couple other women singers who's voices I am always in love with, and have always been in love with, that amaze me every single time no matter how many times I've heard the songs. I like Stevie's voice usually more than those girls'.
It seems impossible to listen to them or her as much as I do now forever, until I look back and see that I already have been listening to them that much for 10 years, and a lot of the material is still newish to me, or I haven't heard it at all. (with demos and outtakes and blah).
But I could see busyness of life getting in the way of that, for instance people with kids seem to have way less time to do whatever they want to do for themselves than I would prefer. Or, rather, what they want to do is take care of kids, and that leaves less mactime.
But on the other hand, I couldn't see not planning mactime into my life. My life would have to be pretty darn spectacular, or maybe if I was in a war or something...Or I guess if I went deaf. Man, that would suck.

Tango
05-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi All,

They replied today and said the DVD was still some time away and expect plenty of announcements when it is released.

All the best

Greg

Thank you for your inquiry Greg. Please let us know if you hear anything else. Maybe you can forward your email to Nicks Fix, as they haven't heard anything official about it. :shrug:

JeannieKartis
05-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Honestly, I think I may be more disappointed if it were released and it ended up being not that great of a show. That would really bum me out.[/QUOTE]

but thats the whole point, it was that great of a show and comes across that way on the dvd....

JazmenFlowers
05-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi All,

All the best

Greg
good lord. who are we to believe? lol.

thanks for taking the time to do this.

JazmenFlowers
05-02-2006, 08:47 AM
I think it's how you define "career". If producing no new music and going on the same-old same-old summer shed circuit with a greatest hits set counts as furthering a career, then you are right. I think she's in semi-retirement myself.
maybe it is all in how you define career. but why do you insist on constantly saying she's in semi-retirement...I mean, that's in pretty much all of your posts in some fashion or another. the bitch is working. it may not be in the form I would like or you would like, but she's touring and doing ****. furthermore, how can anyone in showbusiness be in semi-retirement?

gldstwmn
05-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi All,

All the best

Greg

Thanks for the effort. But I doubt the promoter has anything to do with the DVD release.

JeannieKartis
05-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I agree and I'm sure Stevie would have to approve and it doesn't look like that is going to happen...

SpyNote
05-02-2006, 12:39 PM
I wasn't expecting the DVD release. Stevie's had so many scrapped releases over the years. This is just one more we can add to the pile. We almost need Frank Harding back to do another book so he can pillage the archives and sell us the recordings . :lol:

I find it curious that people think Stevie's looks tired in the Melbourne boot. She's always looked this way, particularly during the ballads.

strandinthewind
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM
. . . It's just the way her eyes are on camera.

Though deep set and somewhat showed :cool:

Seriously, she is getting older and it is showing now more than it did, particularly in her eyes, which can be made up only so much to hide that. I think she looks great though despite that.

jannieC
05-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I was following this thread, but then we moved this past week-end, so I've missed maybe the last few pages. All I want to add is my little two cents (which has probably been better articulated by someone else, but whatever):

If Stevie filmed this and wasn't happy with the way it turned out, it's her freaking business whether or not to release it! I don't understand the mindset that she owes us a DVD. I would love to see it, but I totally understand if she doesn't want to release something she's not happy with.

And in my opinion, Stevie has looked tired and somewhat bored (not emotionally present) ever since the Enchanted tour. Doesn't mean I love her any less, it's just my perception of her, anyway. The bitch can sing though, and 'll take what I can get from her.

Sahara
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
maybe it is all in how you define career. but why do you insist on constantly saying she's in semi-retirement...I mean, that's in pretty much all of your posts in some fashion or another. the bitch is working. it may not be in the form I would like or you would like, but she's touring and doing ****. furthermore, how can anyone in showbusiness be in semi-retirement?

:nod: Yep.

And as far as I could see on the Melbourne boots she looks great. I don't get what the whole thing is that she looks bored -- not to me. I don't know. Maybe you had to be there .... :confused:

Sahara
05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Someone alert Seeker. Some kittens, please? :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :angel:

jwd
05-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I think if Stevie listened to or paid attention to the "critics", she would have stopped a long time ago. Thank God she hasn't! It's her fairy tale, we're just turning the pages. :xoxo:

Jyqm
05-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I think if Stevie listened to or paid attention to the "critics", she would have stopped a long time ago.

Aren't her "critics" in this thread complaining that she all but has stopped?

jwd
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Aren't her "critics" in this thread complaining that she all but has stopped?

That's subjective and debateable. I'd say the other half has said she's not. She's the most active member of Fleetwood Mac. When she's not touring and recording, sitting in her rocking chair, drinking tea, and crocheting...then I'll say she has "stopped".

Johnny Stew
05-02-2006, 03:17 PM
She's the most active member of Fleetwood Mac.With no offense meant to anyone, I really do think we're extremely spoiled. Stevie's been on the road for the past four years straight, and we're all upset because it seems she's in semi-retirement.

Fans of Christine, fans of Lindsey, fans of Peter Green... they've had to get by on far less from their faves.

BTFLCHLD
05-02-2006, 03:27 PM
With no offense meant to anyone, I really do think we're extremely spoiled. Stevie's been on the road for the past four years straight, and we're all upset because it seems she's in semi-retirement.

Fans of Christine, fans of Lindsey, fans of Peter Green... they've had to get by on far less from their faves.
yeah id like to see half the internet junks (huh? no offense)
get off their bum and tour as stevie has
theyd be on their ass first night :laugh:

David
05-02-2006, 03:32 PM
With no offense meant to anyone, I really do think we're extremely spoiled. Stevie's been on the road for the past four years straight, and we're all upset because it seems she's in semi-retirement.

Fans of Christine, fans of Lindsey, fans of Peter Green... they've had to get by on far less from their faves.With all the touring Stevie has done--& we've been over the numbers many times--it's amazing to me that any of her fans would be complaining that she isn't out there on the road enough for their liking.

How much road work can she do? As I said several months ago, given the frequency with which Stevie tours, you have only yourself to blame if you haven't seen her yet. If it's a money or a geography problem, you should be saving NOW for next year's inevitable stevie nicks tour.

There have been hundreds of opportunities since the 1997 reunion alone for most people to see Stevie play a solo show.

BTFLCHLD
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Some kittens, please? :thumbsup: :angel:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/BTFLCHLD/4295a37ed2c60_1.jpg

Sahara
05-02-2006, 04:40 PM
With all the touring Stevie has done--& we've been over the numbers many times--it's amazing to me that any of her fans would be complaining that she isn't out there on the road enough for their liking.

How much road work can she do? As I said several months ago, given the frequency with which Stevie tours, you have only yourself to blame if you haven't seen her yet. If it's a money or a geography problem, you should be saving NOW for next year's inevitable stevie nicks tour.

There have been hundreds of opportunities since the 1997 reunion alone for most people to see Stevie play a solo show.

Hear hear.

Thanks for the kitten! ;)

Jyqm
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
With all the touring Stevie has done--& we've been over the numbers many times--it's amazing to me that any of her fans would be complaining that she isn't out there on the road enough for their liking.

I'm pretty sure that's not what anybody has complained about.

David
05-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not what anybody has complained about.
Well, what the hell? Do I have to go back & read this atrocious thread again? :shocked: ;) :thumbsup: :p :] :distress: :nod: :D

SandyMac
05-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Seriously!!!

She is such a huge part of my life. Coming home after a hard day either at work or school and listening to music on the computer or on CD just makes everything so much better. I will never lose interest...she will always be a huge part of my life.

Stevie is a constant in my CD changer in the car. Very good way to wind down all the stresses of the day and just enjoy her music.

BlackWidow
05-03-2006, 12:52 AM
AWWWWwww...We love KITTY!!!:p

Rickypt
05-03-2006, 11:03 AM

Same way my Dad is no longer pursuing his career, i.e., doing anything new or different or trying for advancements. However, he is still doing some work -- the stuff he knows best --part-time to keep busy and make extra money.

I think it's the same for Stevie. She was on the road for 1/3 of the year last year, doing a set that required very little preparation or thought. I doubt she will do any more show this year, so that means one month of touring in a year. Yes, it qualifies as working, but it's part-time at best.

Meanwhile, it appears she isn't doing a lot of writing for a new album, working on the various books/movies she's talked about, or anything else that I would consider part of a "career".

Jazmen-- I love Stevie. I love her, I love her, I love her. I loved her when I was six and I love her today. Saying she's in semi-retirement isn't an insult. I just don't see any evidence that she's doing anything that I would call a full career these days.

Rickypt
05-03-2006, 11:06 AM

I could look at kitties all day. :thumbsup:

But there's nothing intense about this thread. Just a healthy exchange of opinions.

strandinthewind
05-03-2006, 11:25 AM
. . . Saying she's in semi-retirement isn't an insult. I just don't see any evidence that she's doing anything that I would call a full career these days.

I would call the Gold Dust tour a full career. I mean she covered two new songs and added songs into the set that had not been there in a decade or more. Then she promoted the Australian thing a month or so before she got there. So, her plate was pretty full.

I also think Jaz's point is Stevie could be just taking some time off. She certainly deserves it after being pretty much non-stop with the touring and recording since like 1997, esp. for SYW. So, is this current thing a break or is it semi-retirement? I guess time will tell.

Personally, I would not blame her almost 60 year old body one bit if she threw in the towel and lived out her days in Maui. I mean she has been at this since the late 60's :shrug:

cliffdweller
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Personally, I would not blame her almost 60 year old body one bit if she threw in the towel and lived out her days in Maui. I mean she has been at this since the late 60's :shrug:

No ****. If I were her I'd be sippin' some pina coladas down by the beach and "reveling in my abandon."

:laugh:

Sahara
05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I couldn't blame her if she did do that. But I really hope she doesn't. There's still music left in her -- and I must see her in concert at least once before that happens!

David
05-03-2006, 11:41 AM
No ****. If I were her, I'd be sippin' some pina coladas down by the beach and "reveling in my abandon."Let's hope she isn't doing that at the moment, since Hawaii is under a tsunami watch right now.

cliffdweller
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM
and I must see her in concert at least once before that happens!

You're right, you must. Then she can retire! :laugh:

Rickypt
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I couldn't blame her if she did do that. But I really hope she doesn't. There's still music left in her -- and I must see her in concert at least once before that happens!

I definitely hope she makes it to Europe/UK for a solo tour.

Rickypt
05-03-2006, 12:01 PM

I wouldn't either. She's given more than I ever expected/hoped. I don't believe I've complained in this thread that Stevie isn't doing this or that, just commenting on what I see as semi-retirement.

strandinthewind
05-03-2006, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't either. She's given more than I ever expected/hoped. I don't believe I've complained in this thread that Stevie isn't doing this or that, just commenting on what I see as semi-retirement.

I know - I hope my comments did not come across as snarky - I did not mean them that way.

I do think it is interesting to ponder what she will do next. She has said in the last year that a new record is not really in the works because of the lack of demand (or something like that) - but then there are rumors of a pending FM tour, which to me makes no sense, but then again, neither did the Gold Dust tour and I loved that tour because it showed a Stevie that had not been visible sine 98 IMO. So, I guess we will have to wait and see what's next.

Rickypt
05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
I know - I hope my comments did not come across as snarky - I did not mean them that way.

No they didn't, I'm jetlagged and not expressing myself very well today.

I agree, Stevie looked and sounded great during Gold Dust Tour.

SpyNote
05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting more from any performing artist. After all, it is still a job with customers to serve, as strange as that may sound in this case. There is a certain level expectation to deliver the goods, so to speak. Some people feel she has met and exceeded this expectation. Others feel she has fallen short. There are very compelling and reasonable arguments to support both sides.

David
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting more from any performing artist. After all, it is still a job with customers to serve, as strange as that may sound in this case. There is a certain level expectation to deliver the goods, so to speak. Some people feel she has met and exceeded this expectation. Others feel she has fallen short. There are very compelling and reasonable arguments to support both sides.I wish she had released a live album at some point (preferably from the 1983 tour). But my goodness, this gal has toured up the wazoo throughout her solo career. I wouldn't understand anyone's actually having wanted her to tour more in a general sense. :shocked:

SpyNote
05-03-2006, 02:26 PM
I wish she had released a live album at some point (preferably from the 1983 tour). But my goodness, this gal has toured up the wazoo throughout her solo career. I wouldn't understand anyone's actually having wanted her to tour more in a general sense. :shocked:

Sorry, should have clarified. By delivering the goods, I meant signing off on the release of CDs, DVDs, etc. -- not touring more.

skcin
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Personally, I'm just frustrated that she hasn't re-released older material (remasters of BD, RAL & WH; DVD of the HBO show) and that we haven't had anything new from her solo-wise in 5 years. It really bothers me that her last DVD was Red Rocks - I don't want that to be my girls' legacy, her last hurrah. :p

Now that I'm thinking about it - why the hell was a VHS/DVD not released for Timespace or Enchanted tours? Not that I'm a big fan of the Timespace tour, but it would have made sense, like a greatest hits package. Enchanted? Would have been absolutely fantastic. :nod: Thank God for bootlegs...

As far as touring goes, I have NO complaints. She tours plenty. :shrug:

David
05-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Sorry, should have clarified. By delivering the goods, I meant signing off on the release of CDs, DVDs, etc. -- not touring more.
definitely disappointing there, daniel.

How come sketches for her children's books haven't leaked?

David
05-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Personally, I'm just frustrated that she hasn't re-released older material (remasters of BD, RAL & WH; DVD of the HBO show) and that we haven't had anything new from her solo-wise in 5 years. It really bothers me that her last DVD was Red Rocks - I don't want that to be my girls' legacy, her last hurrah. :p

Now that I'm thinking about it - why the hell was a VHS/DVD not released for Timespace or Enchanted tours? Not that I'm a big fan of the Timespace tour, but it would have made sense, like a greatest hits package. Enchanted? Would have been absolutely fantastic. :nod: Thank God for bootlegs...let's think of all the radio broadcasts stevie has done live solo. I don't think there have been many, considering her umpteen tours since 1981. Please add to this list, Paula, as you see lacunae:

1981 Fox Wilshire Beverly Hills - Source radio show
1983 Fox Wilshire repeat with three songs ostensibly from Oakland - Westwood One but billed falsely as an entire Wild Heart show (rerecorded vocals)
1986 Weedsport NY - Westwood One radio show
1989 Houston TX - Westwood One radio show (possibly rerecorded vocals?)
1991 Whiskey Los Angeles - local KLSX radio live broadcast
1994 Los Angeles - Westwood One radio broadcast (rerecorded vocals)
1998 Los Angeles rehearsals - Jim Ladd radio broadcast of two songs
2001 San Francisco - local radio broadcast of six songs

Notice how there has been a gradual but constant falling off of the number of radio shows of live concerts?

The Tower
05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Stevie should be releasing another solo album. She's got the time, the money and the material. If it's her star-trip that's getting in the way of that, then that is just plain ridiculous.

There are so many artists out there that continue to release albums regardless of their stature or whether or not they have a certain type of fan base. In the last sixteen years we've received Street Angel and Trouble In Shangri-La. :rolleyes:

skcin
05-03-2006, 03:38 PM
In the last sixteen years we've received Street Angel and Trouble In Shangri-La. :rolleyes:

Ouch. :( Good point, sir.

I'm worried that since she has repeatedly called TISL her masterpiece, she may figure "well, that's it, I can't do any better." (Which is crap, IMO.)

But if she truly believes that TISL (the album as a whole) was her best ever, maybe she's content to stop there? Maybe she's afraid to do another album & have it not do as well (sell as many copies and/or debut so high on the charts)? Maybe she's saving everything for Mac on the off chance they do another album? I don't know.

David
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
But if she truly believes that TISL (the album as a whole) was her best ever, maybe she's content to stop there? Maybe she's afraid to do another album & have it not do as well (sell as many copies and/or debut so high on the charts)? Maybe she's saving everything for Mac on the off chance they do another album? I don't know.Maybe she is sick of recording stuff in studios. Why doesn't she build a studio in her home, like Lindsey? Then she can record in her jammies.