View Full Version : I'm tired.

The Tower
03-12-2006, 02:58 AM
I miss Josh. I miss Jason.

This place isn't the same....

sara1998
03-12-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm drunk.

No, it's not the same at all. I miss our Ledge.

David
03-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Even Stew skedaddled ...

:distress:

[sings "Leaving Town Blues"]

gldstwmn
03-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm thirsty. I'm wild eyed in my misery.

strandinthewind
03-12-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree. But, I still like coming here to catch up - though my interest is somewhat lost and I have other things going on right now that I am more interested in.

David
03-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I agree. But, I still like coming here to catch up - though my interest is somewhat lost and I have other things going on right now that I am more interested in.Bah. What could be more interesting than we here?
:wavey:

We are the Town Hall Debate of yesteryear, cloaked in the future of intercourse & technology!

Richard B
03-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Quit whining.

Pick up the slack then. Those 2 did not make The Ledge any more interesting than anybody else.

strandinthewind
03-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Quit whining.

Pick up the slack then. Those 2 did not make The Ledge any more interesting than anybody else.

I beg your pardon - I am the most fascinating person around here :wavey: :wavey:

Miss Vicky
03-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Even Stew skedaddled ...

:distress:

[sings "Leaving Town Blues"]

Anyone know why Stew's gone AWOL? I miss him. :(

Josh was amusing for awhile, but his calling everything whoreanus and ****tarded just wore a little thin and the novelty wore off, for me at least. :laugh:

Sorcerer386
03-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm thirsty. I'm wild eyed in my misery.

Beat me to it...

estranged4life
03-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Josh was amusing for awhile, but his calling everything whoreanus and ****tarded just wore a little thin and the novelty wore off, for me at least. :laugh:

the much loved word f**ktard came from...Hmmm

I must not amuse people enough to be missed :thumbsup:

amber
03-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Quit whining.

:laugh: :laugh: :xoxo:

I was thinking pick up the slack, as well. Although I have to say, Strand is pretty amusing. He can kick up some nice debates. And his heels.

"Oy! Fetch! This whole thing hurts my everything! The Ledge is love! It's whoreanus that some people don't post more!"

Just trying to pick up a little of Diss's slack....:rolleyes: :laugh:

Miss Vicky
03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
the much loved word f**ktard came from...Hmmm

I must not amuse people enough to be missed :thumbsup:

You're not missed because you're pretty much always around, and the board is a better place for it.

I don't miss Josh for other reasons. ;)

gldstwmn
03-12-2006, 03:11 PM

He is having problems with his internet connection.

Miss Vicky
03-12-2006, 03:16 PM

Whew. Glad to know it's not that he got fed up with all of us. I hope he gets the problem fixed soon and stops in. It's been too quiet here as of late.

Richard B
03-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I beg your pardon - I am the most fascinating person around here :wavey: :wavey:
Certainly the most fascinating ego here. :P

Richard B
03-12-2006, 03:20 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :xoxo:

I was thinking pick up the slack, as well. Although I have to say, Strand is pretty amusing. He can kick up some nice debates. And his heels.

"Oy! Fetch! This whole thing hurts my everything! The Ledge is love! It's whoreanus that some people don't post more!"

Just trying to pick up a little of Diss's slack....:rolleyes: :laugh:
You're doing a great job!

For the record, I miss his posts too but I hate it when people post inclusive comments. It's kinda rude.

DavidMn
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
This thread title made me think of Lili Von Stupp's song during Blazing Saddles.:lol:

DavidMn
03-12-2006, 04:11 PM
I felt like that earlier this year, but there's still enough of the old faces to keep me coming back.Glad to ehar that Sharon, you're one of the good ones.:)

strandinthewind
03-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Certainly the most fascinating ego here. :P

Many, if not most, cannot comprehend the size, shape, form of it much less its penumbra. Most prefer to be little satellite's in my orbit - that way, they can bask in my light without much effort :cool:

DavidMn
03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I've wondered what would happen if I ever left?(Storkes ego:laugh: ) JK, actually I will readily admit to not being the most interesting person here, I'm actually kinda boring, but that's me. I try to be pleasant and friendly to everyone, and as Lindsey says, That's Enough For Me.:)

Johnny Stew
03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Like Chris said, I've been having problems with my internet connection at home (I'm at work at the moment), so that's severely limited my Ledge time lately. I had been taking a bit of a posting break before the connection problems though anyway... felt I was repeating myself a bit too much.

Thanks for the comments, David and Vicky... it's nice to be missed. :)

Richard B
03-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Many, if not most, cannot comprehend the size, shape, form of it much less its penumbra. Most prefer to be little satellite's in my orbit - that way, they can bask in my light without much effort :cool:
You're too much! Love it.
Don't go changing...

Random Thought:
When I get mad or angry with something or someone I always say "those satellites better get out of the way 'cause I'm about to go into orbit."

Brwn_eyes0511
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Cause you are my Satellite
(burning up, burning up satellite)
So Im trying to keep you in sight
(so you might wanna just sit tight)
But with all this space
Can we keep it alive
Keep it alive
So Im asking you baby
Are you coming down tonight

markolas
03-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Where is sparky? Is he still in Australia?

The Tower
03-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Quit whining.
Meh. Let me wallow in my misty-eyed dewiness.

"This whole thing hurts my everything!"
Ah, that's warms my black, black heart.....

Is Brian finally upgrading his Commodore 64 from a 300 baud modem to a 1200??
;)

Where is sparky? Is he still in Australia?
He's back. :wavey:

Red
03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
I miss Diss big time.:(

markolas
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
He's back. :wavey:

Well, then he needs to post something. With diss gone, you two have got some slack to take up. :lol:

Richard B
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Meh. Let me wallow in my misty-eyed dewiness.
What?? And let your black mascara smudge?

Ghost_Tracker
03-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I agree. But, I still like coming here to catch up - though my interest is somewhat lost and I have other things going on right now that I am more interested in.

S.S.D.D. over on 7 wonders, in my opinion. + other "stuff" going on there, too :rolleyes:
I think maybe things will pick up in the board as a whole if Stevie does a U.S. tour this year. Didn't that happen in '05?

The Tower
03-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Well, then he needs to post something. With diss gone, you two have got some slack to take up. :lol:
Methinks Sparky's spark only crackles and pops if there's something around here to flame it, which, by the looks of things, there isn't.

As for my contributions.... you know me, honey- I never come up with stuff, I'm just here to criticize and tear things down.

What?? And let your black mascara smudge?
It's brown mascara- brown. Bette Davis always said that brown mascara brings out blue eyes- not black. Jeezus! And mascara doesn't smudge, it flakes. You obviously have me confused with Jizzy. Get your scorecard right. My stature and schnozzola would never allow me the illusion of ladydom... Right, Amber?

amber
03-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Methinks Sparky's spark only crackles and pops if there's something around here to flame it, which, by the looks of things, there isn't.

As for my contributions.... you know me, honey- I never come up with stuff, I'm just here to criticize and tear things down.

It's brown mascara- brown. Bette Davis always said that brown mascara brings out blue eyes- not black. Jeezus! And mascara doesn't smudge, it flakes. You obviously have me confused with Jizzy. Get your scorecard right. My stature and schnozzola would never allow me the illusion of ladydom... Right, Amber?

um...I guess not. Your twinkly blue eyes beg to differ, though. My mascara is Plum.
I wish I could help more but though brilliant, I am, by sign, a mere reflector. :laugh:

Dammit, Sparky was supposed to tell me this big story about Australia!:mad:

Sppaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

and finally, what the hell is SSDD?

Moony
03-14-2006, 07:05 AM
I miss Josh and Jason too. Does Curtis still post?

and finally, what the hell is SSDD?
I believe that stands for, "same ****, different day."

strandinthewind
03-14-2006, 09:04 AM
. . . My stature and schnozzola would never allow me the illusion of ladydom... Right, Amber?

Well, you could go as Juila Child :eek::wavey: :wavey:

SuzeQuze
03-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Cause you are my Satellite
(burning up, burning up satellite)
So Im trying to keep you in sight
(so you might wanna just sit tight)
But with all this space
Can we keep it alive
Keep it alive
So Im asking you baby
Are you coming down tonight

Um, why do you have some chick's rack in your sig? :shocked: :lol:

cliffdweller
03-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I miss Jake, but I've been missing him for quite a while now, I'm sure others have been too.

And of course I miss Josh, he made me roll with laughter quite often.

My other faves are still here...;)

I seriously think the lull in activity on these boards is due to a lack of F.M. touring. If we don't have a tired setlist to bitch about then what's to talk about? :laugh:

On a same but different note, I'm starting to not like the Stevie forum so much anymore...there's too much stupid **** going on over there. I'm too "tired" to go into much more detail than that right now :laugh:.

The Tower
03-14-2006, 11:58 AM
I miss Josh and Jason too. Does Curtis still post?
Occasionally, but he said his "I'm outta here" back in the now classic "Why I Left The Ledge" thread that was subsequently deleted during the big brou-ha-ha.

Well, you could go as Juila Child :eek::wavey: :wavey:
I would tell you off indelicately, but such exclamations are strikeworthy. :p

Leftovers from the days when he had a "girlfriend"? :shrug:

I seriously think the lull in activity on these boards is due to a lack of F.M. touring. If we don't have a tired setlist to bitch about then what's to talk about?
On a different note- look at this set list for the White Winged Dove tour. Could you imagine if Stevie had the balls to do a tour these days with 10 songs that have never before been performed live?

Gold Dust Woman
Think About It
Outside the Rain
Dreams
Angel
After the Glitter Fades
Gold And Braid
I Need to Know
Sara
Bella Donna
Blue Lamp
Leather and Lace
How Still My Love
Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Edge of Seventeen
Rhiannon

Granted, it was her first solo tour- but, still. The whole "I can't do new stuff cuz the audience will be bored" excuse just gets thrown right out the window doesn't it?

On a same but different note, I'm starting to not like the Stevie forum so much anymore...there's too much stupid **** going on over there. I'm too "tired" to go into much more detail than that right now :laugh:.
I hear ya on that one.... That place is getting toxic.

Brwn_eyes0511
03-14-2006, 12:03 PM

It's Nat Nat (Natalie Imbruglia)...It's the scarf and jacket I like...not the rack! :lol:

SuzeQuze
03-14-2006, 12:15 PM
It's Nat Nat (Natalie Imbruglia)...It's the scarf and jacket I like...not the rack! :lol:

Well that 'splains it! :D

strandinthewind
03-14-2006, 01:29 PM
. . . I would tell you off indelicately, but such exclamations are strikeworthy. :p . . . .

It's just a flesh wound :wavey:

Moony
03-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Occasionally, but he said his "I'm outta here" back in the now classic "Why I Left The Ledge" thread that was subsequently deleted during the big brou-ha-ha.

Ah. Nothing but good times in that thread. Anyway, I'm glad Curtis is still around somewhat. Sparky needs to get back here soon. You'll just have to hold me over till then, Tower, you sexy beast.

sodascouts
03-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Things change. I'm sure new interesting people will come along to keep everyone here entertained, although it is sad to lose touch with old friends because they no longer post.

estranged4life
03-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Things change. I'm sure new interesting people will come along to keep everyone here entertained, although it is sad to lose touch with old friends because they no longer post.

there doesnt seem to be many of us who started posting in 2001 around anymore...But I enjoy seeing "new blood" posting.

sodascouts
03-16-2006, 04:30 PM
there doesnt seem to be many of us who started posting in 2001 around anymore...But I enjoy seeing "new blood" posting.

That's true. Maybe once you hit the five year mark, you start maxing out and need to take a break for a while!

hayley
03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
That's true. Maybe once you hit the five year mark, you start maxing out and need to take a break for a while!
I'm at nine years next month. I must be really, really bored ;)

chiliD
03-16-2006, 05:15 PM

Even less of those who started back in about 1995. :wavey: :blob2:

madformac
03-16-2006, 05:40 PM

I started in 2001 and got out mid 2005, had 6 months away and then got blackmailed back partially because there was a mass exodus and some views were lost (I guess mine was by some).

So I'm back for now although I think I will move on soon and come back again sometime later. Kinda like leaving home or going away on work. Sometimes I need a break from the norm. Maybe I'll just post every now and then.

David
03-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm at nine years next month. I must be really, really bored ;)I keep you happy here.

David
03-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Even less of those who started back in about 1995. :wavey: :blob2:
I refused to post here at first because Web boards were for wanks & all the cool kids hunt out on Usenet. (And we kicked some major ass too--it was great because you could call someone's mother a whore & a ****licker! :thumbsup: )

Now that Usenet is moribund, Web boards rule the roost.

But in this case, Marty & Lisa are just super-nice people, so I like hanging out in their "presence" even though they're not actually around.

madformac
03-16-2006, 07:43 PM
But in this case, Marty & Lisa are just super-nice people, so I like hanging out in their "presence" even though they're not actually around.

I think web boards tend to attract a certain community. If the web board owners, administrators and moderators are assholes then you tend to find the members are too in most cases.

I think in the case of The Ledge, Marty and Lis are good people with a positive responsible manner and it shows through in many ways. This board has a positive atmosphere. Its the reason this board has survived where many have fallen. The members are generally good natured people. A few nutjobs (you know who you are :laugh: ) but no threats to the peace. I can only recall in my time one unsavory individual and he was banned a few years back and rightly so. Although I do miss Carne Vaca!!!!

There are very few incidents deemed to be abusive or unsuitable for under 18s. Even when tempers flare its not really too bad. Some subjects in the Chit Chat forum are a little on the edge but I think most members here are smart enough to keep it just the right side of unacceptable.

I think its upto the band to keep us amused to a degree otherwise it gets a little quiet and members fall off and drop out for long periods.

I sometimes look on The Ledge as like being back at school. You have your buddies, you have those in your class (Stevie, Lindsey, Peter, Christine classes etc) you get on with other classes and you fall out at times (Gerald and Chili :laugh: ) You deliberately cause trouble to get an arguement going. You side with others, you get reprimanded by the teachers (our mods). Hopefully you learn something, sometimes you just fall asleep and drop out. You get to see and read the gossip. who said what, when and how. Then you go home and you come back the day after for more of the same...

chiliD
03-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I sometimes look on The Ledge as like being back at school. You have your buddies, you have those in your class (Stevie, Lindsey, Peter, Christine classes etc) you get on with other classes and you fall out at times (Gerald and Chili :laugh: ) You deliberately cause trouble to get an arguement going. You side with others, you get reprimanded by the teachers (our mods). Hopefully you learn something, sometimes you just fall asleep and drop out. You get to see and read the gossip. who said what, when and how. Then you go home and you come back the day after for more of the same...

And, then you just go smoke a joint at the park across the street and then the bell rings and you have to come back to class.

madformac
03-16-2006, 07:58 PM
And, then you just go smoke a joint at the park across the street and then the bell rings and you have to come back to class.

You too huh? :laugh:

DavidMn
03-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Time to crank up the Brewer and Shipley.:cool:

xxxmx
03-19-2006, 11:46 AM
thankfully, i missed the "why i left" BS. i haven't left, i just manage to get a lot more done when i don't saddle up to the computer for hours upon hours every evening like i did before i got a full-time position (i teach). i'll admit that when the ledge was down in october, sticking around at the wonders board was a decision made out of frustration with several members here, as well as just not having time to keep up with a board this size (rarely lurking there either). i think someone used the word 'toxic' a few posts ago, accurate observation.

and i'm sure we'll all be back when the next tour/album/whatever starts cooking. and by 'we' i mean everyone who has ever found a 'home' on the ledge. miss you guys... :wavey:

DavidMn
03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
thankfully, i missed the "why i left" BS. i haven't left, i just manage to get a lot more done when i don't saddle up to the computer for hours upon hours every evening like i did before i got a full-time position (i teach). i'll admit that when the ledge was down in october, sticking around at the wonders board was a decision made out of frustration with several members here, as well as just not having time to keep up with a board this size (rarely lurking there either). i think someone used the word 'toxic' a few posts ago, accurate observation.

and i'm sure we'll all be back when the next tour/album/whatever starts cooking. and by 'we' i mean everyone who has ever found a 'home' on the ledge. miss you guys... :wavey:It's hard to keep up with both, for sure.

The Tower
03-19-2006, 04:36 PM
i think someone used the word 'toxic' a few posts ago, accurate observation.
That was me, my sweet Mariel!! :wavey:

and i'm sure we'll all be back when the next tour/album/whatever starts cooking. and by 'we' i mean everyone who has ever found a 'home' on the ledge. miss you guys... :wavey:
Glad to see you popping your head in here. :xoxo: