03-11-2006, 10:50 AM
SET LIST

HEART VH1 DECADES ROCK LIVE

TRUMP TAJ MAHAL ATLANTIC CITY

FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2006

SECTION I - ALICE IN CHAINS

Took stage first as "opening act".

Angry Chair, Would, Man In The Box

Two songs were repeated due to drop-outs on Mike Inez's wireless transmitter.

SECION II - GRETCHEN WILSON & HEART (pre-taped)

When I Think About Leaving, Even It Up, and Rock and Roll

SECTION III - HEART

enter: Ann & Nancy Wilson alone

THE BATTLE OF EVERMORE

enter: remainder of Heart

LOST ANGEL

THESE DREAMS

enter: Dave Navarro

BEBE LE STRANGE

STRAIGHT ON

CRAZY ON YOU

exit: Dave Navarro

enter: Rufus Wainright

(UNKNOWN SONG - possibly one of Wainright's)

DOG AND BUTTERFLY (significant portion Wainright lead vocals)

exit: Rufus Wainright

[setup break]

ALONE - entering after first chorus: Carrie Underwood

THAT'S WHERE IT IS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (sung to Carrie by A&N, enormous birthday cake wheeled onstage)

exit: Carrie Underwood

LOVE ALIVE

[setup break]

enter: Alice In Chains

ROOSTER

exit: Alice In Chains

[setup break]

MAGIC MAN

enter: Alice In Chains

enter: Dave Navarro

BARRACUDA (5 guitars!)

exit: Alice In Chains

ROCK AND ROLL

MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP

exit: Dave Navarro

DREAMBOAT ANNIE

GiniLeaE
03-11-2006, 11:47 AM
SET LIST
ROCK AND ROLL

<center> Thanks for posting, but according to one of the avid posters at Heart's official site it wasn't Rock and Roll, it was Black Dog. Were you there? I wish I could have been there. I can't wait to watch on VH1, because Cyndi Lauper's was awesome! </center>

<center> HeartForever13 Posted March 11, 2006 10:37 AM
AIC fans did outnumber the Heart fans... but it seemed like my section of the venue was dead... I tried to stand the whole show but I only stood for Crazy On You and Dreamboat Annie...
AIC: Angry Chair, Would, and Man In the Box... Heart didn't do Rock and Roll... they did Black Dog...</center> (http://heartmusic.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5771008261/m/6661079902)

UnwindedDreams
03-11-2006, 12:18 PM
<center> Thanks for posting, but according to one of the avid posters at Heart's official site it wasn't Rock and Roll, it was Black Dog. Were you there? I wish I could have been there. I can't wait to watch on VH1, because Cyndi Lauper's was awesome! </center>

<center> HeartForever13 Posted March 11, 2006 10:37 AM
AIC fans did outnumber the Heart fans... but it seemed like my section of the venue was dead... I tried to stand the whole show but I only stood for Crazy On You and Dreamboat Annie...
AIC: Angry Chair, Would, and Man In the Box... Heart didn't do Rock and Roll... they did Black Dog...</center> (http://heartmusic.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5771008261/m/6661079902)
Oh...I was thinking of the song with Gretchen Wilson...it was Black Dog...

Nixxxed
03-11-2006, 12:59 PM
:blob1:

What a cool setlist. "Bebe Le Strange"?!?!?! Wow.

Although, I would've torn the place down once I realized I had to hear "Even It Up" on frickin videotape. :mad:

Off to search the Rufus boards to find out the name of the other song he did.

Thanks for posting!

UnwindedDreams
03-11-2006, 01:20 PM
:blob1:

What a cool setlist. "Bebe Le Strange"?!?!?! Wow.

Although, I would've torn the place down once I realized I had to hear "Even It Up" on frickin videotape. :mad:

Off to search the Rufus boards to find out the name of the other song he did.

Thanks for posting!
Yeah, I know right...I was looking forward to hear Gretchen live(not on videotape) singing Crazy On You...

Nixxxed
03-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I know right...I was looking forward to hear Gretchen live(not on videotape) singing Crazy On You...

Did you go to the show?

golden braid
03-11-2006, 08:57 PM
That sounds like an awesome show. I love Alice in Chains.

UnwindedDreams
03-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Did you go to the show? HEELL YA!!!

skcin
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey kids - this will start airing on VH1 Classic this Friday 5/5/06 at 8pm & 11pm, with several reruns scheduled. Should be great. :blob1:

cliffdweller
05-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey kids - this will start airing on VH1 Classic this Friday 5/5/06 at 8pm & 11pm, with several reruns scheduled. Should be great. :blob1:

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up Paula.

UnwindedDreams
05-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I just watched it...it seemed as great as it was when I was there...especially Misty Mountain Hop...Watch tonight at 11:00...EC

skcin
05-08-2006, 12:30 PM
It was really good. I noticed Ann seemed to be tearing up a few times, thinking of her mom perhaps?

Great to see AIC back again, but I have mixed feelings about anyone replacing Layne. :( I did not like Rufus much :sorry: but the rest rocked!

estranged4life
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
until I saw that Gretchen Upchuck, Dave Notalento & Carrie "Checotah,Checotah,Checotah" Underwood were involved, then I passed on it.

Oh, Someone has this show (The VH1 Classic broadcast on DVD) available for downaload via torrent at DIME if y'all are interested

skcin
05-08-2006, 01:29 PM
^ Say what you will, party pooper - the show rocked and all of the above were great.:cool: I was pleasantly surprised that Gretchen can actually sing - I was expecting another Shania. :shocked:

Rickypt
05-08-2006, 01:44 PM
I guess I'm a bit of a party pooper also, because I didn't enjoy the "duets" at all. I thought Rufus was painful to listen to and even though whoever sang Alone with Ann had a nice voice, I don't want to hear anyone but Ann Wilson sing that beautiful song.

Heart rocked as usual, though.

skcin
05-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I guess I'm a bit of a party pooper also, because I didn't enjoy the "duets" at all. I thought Rufus was painful to listen to and even though whoever sang Alone with Ann had a nice voice, I don't want to hear anyone but Ann Wilson sing that beautiful song.

Heart rocked as usual, though.

No, I just like to tease Brian because he likes to pass judgement on people he thinks suck. He's usually right, btw.

Yes, Rufus. Didn't work for me. Navarro just jumped around & played guitar, which is fine by me. His enormous nipple rings are distracting, though. Carrie Underwood sang on Alone, I thought she did a great job. That being said, Ann's version was far superior on Niagara Falls the next night. :D Gretchen Wilson really surprised me, I liked her a lot.

David
05-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes, Rufus. Didn't work for me. Navarro just jumped around & played guitar, which is fine by me. His enormous nipple rings are distracting, though. Are you talking about Dave Navarro? isn't Navarro a fan of Lindsey Buckingham?

skcin
05-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Are you talking about Dave Navarro? isn't Navarro a fan of Lindsey Buckingham?

Yes, and I'm not sure. It seems that he's always claiming to be a fan of everyone, so probably. :D

estranged4life
05-08-2006, 02:43 PM
No, I just like to tease Brian because he likes to pass judgement on people he thinks suck. He's usually right, btw.

Yes, Rufus. Didn't work for me. Navarro just jumped around & played guitar, which is fine by me. His enormous nipple rings are distracting, though. Carrie Underwood sang on Alone, I thought she did a great job. That being said, Ann's version was far superior on Niagara Falls the next night. :D Gretchen Wilson really surprised me, I liked her a lot.

just sick of hearing about 'em all the time.

Dave Navarro used to be a great guitarist, now he rather be a celebrity (bka "A Superstar"...Morelike "A Stupor-star") instead of guitarist...Played in Jane's Addiction and ruined that great band. Moved onto the Red Hot Chili Peppers and whined like a puss about the style of music the Peppers played ("I felt uncomfortable playing funk music...", Well damn assmunch, ya joined RHCP, what did ya expect, Lounge music or Lawrence Welk polka???) and finally was offered to replace Slash in GNR back in 1994, But he couldnt hack it...Now he wants to be considered some kinda "music judge" like those ****s-on-a-stick puppets on "American Idiotic Tonedeaf Idol"...So he now sucks!!!

Sick of hearing about Carrie Underwood. So what, yer from Checotah...I have relatives who STILL live there and they thought it was weird (As did other Checotah residents when interviewed on local TV) that someone who moved to Nashville years ago to escape the "humdrum country life of Checotah" would remember Checotah ONLY after obtaining their fame (She moved from Checotah years ago to attend school & try to become a "country singer".) Yeah, maybe she can sing, But being like alot of Oklahomans, So can many more here in this state...And MUCH better dare I say!

As for Gretchen Upchuck-She simply "blows goats...And I have proof"! Never understood the appeal, as have many of other Oklahomans. Gotta remember, Oklahoma is the heart of country music (ie-For every 1 rock station there is about 10-12 country stations) and Gretchen Upchuck is very much dismissed here as just another lame Nashville marketing ploy to "modern popify/rockify" country music....Maybe that is why there is a big backlash here towards "nu-country" artists and the more classic style of country has made a comeback (Ya know the style-"Let's honeymoon in the pickup and I will slap you bitch, that is considered our foreplay before I go home and make that woman, who happens to be ma cousin, cook me a dinner in the kitchen and clean the skidmarks outta my drawers before I anally plug the sheep while drunk and with a mouth full of 'backy")

skcin
05-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Oh, Brian. You're the best. :D

estranged4life
05-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh, Brian. You're the best. :D

Deb is the best...She gets to contend with me 24/7/365 and sometimes 24/7/366-Poor, poor ol' Deb :thumbsup:

Rickypt
05-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Carrie Underwood sang on Alone, I thought she did a great job.

Yeah, she sounded great. It's just one of those songs that I don't want others to sing. Carrie was "technically" great, but Ann makes it hers.

belladonna.
05-08-2006, 04:14 PM
a few of my friends went to this show and they ALL said that it seemed like more of the crowd was there to see alice in chains, rather than heart. i don't know if that's incredibly sad or incredibly awesome.