PDA

View Full Version : Bush 'waving when fell off bike'

madformac
02-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Bush 'waving when fell off bike'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4756054.stm

President Bush is a keen cyclist who has taken a few tumbles.

US President George W Bush was waving to police when he fell off his bike at the G8 summit in Scotland last July, newly published police papers reveal.
Mr Bush was shouting "Thanks, you guys, for coming" when he lost control and collided with an officer, the documents obtained by Scotland on Sunday show.

The smash left Mr Bush with scrapes on his hands and arms, and the policeman needing crutches for an ankle injury.
At the time, Mr Bush laughed off the crash as a sign "I should act my age".
The police report confirms that Mr Bush later telephoned the injured policeman to ask how he was and to apologise.
The cause of the officer's injury was officially recorded as being "hit by a moving/falling object".

The report details how the police unit, dressed in riot gear, was guarding a road outside the Gleneagles Hotel when Mr Bush cycled up on a damp road.
"As the president passed the junction at speed he raised his left arm from the handlebars to wave to the police officers present while shouting 'Thanks, you guys, for coming'.
"As he did this he lost control of the cycle, falling to the ground, causing both himself and his bicycle to strike [the officer] on the lower legs," it says.
The White House made no comment on the report.

Mr Bush's usual cycling trails are near his ranch in Crawford, Texas, and near a Secret Service training facility at Beltsville, Maryland.

chiliD
02-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Well, at the VERY least he didn't SHOOT somebody.

madformac
02-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, at the VERY least he didn't SHOOT somebody.

Yeah that's what I thought. He's clearly less dangerous with a bike than a gun but the incompetance is there all the same... :laugh:

AliceLover
02-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Those are some lovely shorts he has on in that pic! :laugh:

I think thats too much skin for a president to bear...

DavidMn
02-27-2006, 05:33 PM
That cop's lucky he didnt get whacked..:laugh:

SuzeQuze
02-27-2006, 05:36 PM
:lol: Oh that's rich, proof that he cannot do two things at once. Well, in this case actually, in his defense, it was 3; waving, talking, and riding a bike. That's complex! :laugh: