PDA

View Full Version : Secret Service agents say Cheney was drunk when he shot lawyer

SuzeQuze
02-23-2006, 03:15 PM
From Capitol Hill Blue

By DOUG THOMPSON
Feb 22, 2006, 07:35

Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago say Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.
Agents observed several members of the hunting party, including the Vice President, consuming alcohol before and during the hunting expedition, the report notes, and Cheney exhibited "visible signs" of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions.

According to those who have talked with the agents and others present at the outing, Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.

We talked with a number of administration officials who are privy to inside information on the Vice President's shooting "accident" and all admit Secret Service agents and others say they saw Cheney consume far more than the "one beer' he claimed he drank at lunch earlier that day.

"This was a South Texas hunt," says one White House aide. "Of course there was drinking. There's always drinking. Lots of it."

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_8184.shtml

gldstwmn
02-23-2006, 03:19 PM
I figured as much. Cheney's had more DUI's than Bush, I think.

SuzeQuze
02-23-2006, 03:25 PM

Randi says 2. Apparently one of the agents asked to be reassigned and the other was reassigned after this incident.

CelticGypsy
02-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Not surprised about this news at all. Men who hang out together always have a few drinks whether they are on the golf course, at a sporting event or out hunting. Unfortunately, it happens more than we think. Why would anyone think Dick Cheney was any different from our husbands or boyfriends? I don't like Dick Cheney. He could fall off the earth for all I care. I am sure all that booze is doing his heart a world of good:rolleyes:

SuzeQuze
02-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Not surprised about this news at all. Men who hang out together always have a few drinks whether they are on the golf course, at a sporting event or out hunting. Unfortunately, it happens more than we think. Why would anyone think Dick Cheney was any different from our husbands or boyfriends? I don't like Dick Cheney. He could fall off the earth for all I care. I am sure all that booze is doing his heart a world of good:rolleyes:

And his arteries, he's got very poor circulation. Knock 'em back, Dick! Most have assumed the reason for the delay in getting the police involved was drunkenness and now there is apparently some evidence of this.

DavidMn
02-23-2006, 03:35 PM
So anyway I heard Jimmy Buffett is going to re-record his old classic in honor or Mr Cheney. One thing though, the title will slightly change, no it's gonna be called WHY DONT WE GET DRUNK AND SHOOT!!:lol:

madformac
02-23-2006, 03:35 PM
And his arteries, he's got very poor circulation. Knock 'em back, Dick! Most have assumed the reason for the delay in getting the police involved was drunkenness and now there is apparently some evidence of this.

Is it any wonder he was drunk and was waving a gun? He's an elected official, it's part of the job to be wreckless and get away with it. :laugh:

SuzeQuze
02-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Is it any wonder he was drunk and was waving a gun? He's an elected official, it's part of the job to be wreckless and get away with it. :laugh:

He's sent directly from hell! :shudder:

strandinthewind
02-23-2006, 03:43 PM

Anyone who has ever been hunting in the South pretty much knows there always is drinking. So I think Cheney was hammered - probably not. But, my guess is it was not beer, it was scotch or bourbon - and they take snorts, not cocktails. Trust me, I have been there, though not with this crowd.

SuzeQuze
02-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Anyone who has ever been hunting in the South pretty much knows there always is drinking. So I think Cheney was hammered - probably not. But, my guess is it was not beer, it was scotch or bourbon - and they take snorts, not cocktails. Trust me, I have been there, though not with this crowd.

It was reported he was slurring. Who knows how bad off he actually was. But this explains how he could've done something so dumb.

strandinthewind
02-23-2006, 04:27 PM
It was reported he was slurring. Who knows how bad off he actually was. But this explains how he could've done something so dumb.

How credible is the story or at least how credible is the reporting site?

Also, I am sure Whittington was loaded as well.

Finally, I think it is interesting to note they were hunting with two women who were not their wives - right?

I guess we will never know the whole story, but I said it before and I will say it again, a significant reason exists for that 24 or so hour delay - otherwise why do that knowing the turmoil that would surround it?

I mean I think most people realize this was an accident and could care a less whether booze was involved. I think the vast majority of people are pissed about the apparent cover up.

Interestingly, in many states, alcohol in the body is de facto intent. In other words, if you kill someone while driving drunk, you are presumed to have the intent to harm even though the accident was not caused in any way by the presence of alcohol in the body a la a blow out or something like that.

Livia
02-23-2006, 04:35 PM

Of course he was hammered! Quail and dove hunting both take place at dusk, during happy hour!

madformac
02-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Of course he was hammered! Quail and dove hunting both take place at dusk, during happy hour!

Maybe somebody shouted "Duck!" and they got confused??? :laugh:

Livia
02-23-2006, 06:17 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0222061cheney1.html

David
02-23-2006, 07:18 PM
That drunken moron.

An irresponsible use of firearms that would make a fraternity look mature ... & it comes from our vice frickin' president!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gldstwmn
02-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Randi says 2. Apparently one of the agents asked to be reassigned and the other was reassigned after this incident.

No kidding? They probably fear for their lives. :laugh: And I'm only half laughing at that.

gldstwmn
02-23-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm sure the heart medication mixed with alcohol gives him a great buzz. :o He probably doesn't need very much.

GODDESS6
02-23-2006, 08:49 PM
From Capitol Hill Blue

By DOUG THOMPSON
Feb 22, 2006, 07:35

Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago say Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.
Agents observed several members of the hunting party, including the Vice President, consuming alcohol before and during the hunting expedition, the report notes, and Cheney exhibited "visible signs" of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions.

According to those who have talked with the agents and others present at the outing, Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.

We talked with a number of administration officials who are privy to inside information on the Vice President's shooting "accident" and all admit Secret Service agents and others say they saw Cheney consume far more than the "one beer' he claimed he drank at lunch earlier that day.

"This was a South Texas hunt," says one White House aide. "Of course there was drinking. There's always drinking. Lots of it."

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_8184.shtml
this doesn't surprise me in the slightest & they way he pussyfooted around even letting the incident out to the public~ what moron!!!~

BombaySapphire3
02-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey now I think that Dick and Smirky should go to happy hour and then be allowed to go war criminal hunting with bazookas in the Rose Garden..just the two of them:]

irishgrl
02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
And his arteries, he's got very poor circulation. Knock 'em back, Dick!

I know, lets all send him a case of his favorite beverage :nod: (edit: I like the previous post idea better!)

so, now we have potential witnesses who can clearly cast more than a little doubt on Cheney's culpability....(care to comment Jason?)

cliffdweller
02-24-2006, 10:17 AM
And his arteries, he's got very poor circulation. Knock 'em back, Dick!

Or as I like to say, "More heavy gravy Mr. Vice President?" :laugh:

DavidMn
02-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I suppose the guys that squealed can kiss their careers goodbye huh?

strandinthewind
02-25-2006, 02:16 PM
. . . so, now we have potential witnesses who can clearly cast more than a little doubt on Cheney's culpability....(care to comment Jason?)

Well:

1. This is all speculation until this witness actually comes forth, which I feel certain is unlikely because he would have publicly, as opposed to some annonymous and mostly unsupported thing in a minor publication, by now :shrug:

2. I always said that alcohol would change the mix because in most jurisdiction, the involvement of alcohol creates intent.

3. He still would never get convicted in a Texas Court of law given that:

a. Almost all jurors would be hunters as well :shrug:
b. We are talking about Texas here
c. There are still no named witnesses that will testify against Cheney and the living victim (we were speculating earlier on his possible death) will not request to press charges.
d. This Secret Service man's testify would be directly contradicted by every other witness there because it already has been :shrug:
e. The police investigation found it was an accident.

So, regardless of fault (and there is that on both sides IMO) - this is still much ado about nothing in the big scheme of things but for the cover up the 24 hour delay implies.

Again, I despise Cheney, but there is no way in hell he is convicted of anything on these facts, which I agree could change.

DavidMn
02-25-2006, 03:03 PM
So I just want to get this straight. THe local Cletus cops went and tried to interview Cheney and were told to get lost by the Secret Service, correct?

strandinthewind
02-25-2006, 08:27 PM
So I just want to get this straight. THe local Cletus cops went and tried to interview Cheney and were told to get lost by the Secret Service, correct?

If I am not mistaken, the local law enforcement would have no automatic right by state law to approach or speak with the Pres. or the Vice Pres. - a sort of diplomatic immunity. Now, that does not mean those two should not cooperate with them, as they should have here and eventually did as a police investigation was conducted, albeit after the fact. Again, I do not Cheney. I am just answering your question with what I think is the right answer, though I could be wring.

irishgrl
02-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Well:

1. This is all speculation until this witness actually comes forth, which I feel certain is unlikely because he would have publicly, as opposed to some annonymous and mostly unsupported thing in a minor publication, by now :shrug:

2. I always said that alcohol would change the mix because in most jurisdiction, the involvement of alcohol creates intent.

3. He still would never get convicted in a Texas Court of law given that:

a. Almost all jurors would be hunters as well :shrug:
b. We are talking about Texas here
c. There are still no named witnesses that will testify against Cheney and the living victim (we were speculating earlier on his possible death) will not request to press charges.
d. This Secret Service man's testify would be directly contradicted by every other witness there because it already has been :shrug:
e. The police investigation found it was an accident.

So, regardless of fault (and there is that on both sides IMO) - this is still much ado about nothing in the big scheme of things but for the cover up the 24 hour delay implies.

Again, I despise Cheney, but there is no way in hell he is convicted of anything on these facts, which I agree could change.

well, a witness doesnt have to volunteer, they can be subpoened. Thus, Cheney's seemingly inviolable wall of protection could crumble at any time if either of these two (or both, that would be RICH) witnessess came forward.

as for the case being tried in Texas, and the fact that Texas is morally corrupt, if I were a prosecuting attorney, I'd be asking for a change in venue.
I think a case could be made that there wasnt a fair minded jury in Texas............

There is nothing in the news or in any other witnessess' report that contradict's either of the secret service agents' statements. remember, there are TWO agents who say the same thing. thats going to be a pretty hard obstacle to overcome.

Alcohol HAS changed the mix. at least three people have said so, including Cheney himself. Whatchoo thinkin Willis?

irishgrl
02-26-2006, 12:09 AM
If I am not mistaken, the local law enforcement would have no automatic right by state law to approach or speak with the Pres. or the Vice Pres. - a sort of diplomatic immunity. Now, that does not mean those two should not cooperate with them, as they should have here and eventually did as a police investigation was conducted, albeit after the fact. Again, I do not Cheney. I am just answering your question with what I think is the right answer, though I could be wring.

yes Jason, once again, you are wring. you are so wring, its painful.:eek: :lol:

DavidMn
02-26-2006, 05:04 PM
If I am not mistaken, the local law enforcement would have no automatic right by state law to approach or speak with the Pres. or the Vice Pres. - a sort of diplomatic immunity. Now, that does not mean those two should not cooperate with them, as they should have here and eventually did as a police investigation was conducted, albeit after the fact. Again, I do not Cheney. I am just answering your question with what I think is the right answer, though I could be wring.No problem. You sure as hell know more legal stuff than I do.:lol:

irishgrl
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
No problem. You sure as hell know more legal stuff than I do.:lol:

I beg to differ, feds and locals feud all the time over who has jurisdiction...
I think a "local" event is well within "local" law enforcement investigative purview. no amount of rank pulling would rescue Cheney on this point. sorry.