PDA

View Full Version : I love Julianne Moore!

Rickypt
02-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I saw Freedomland yesterday. It wasn't that good, but Julianne Moore saved it with another exquisite performance. I think she has passed Laura Linney for my favorite actress. My only issue with her is she has picked some bad movies to be in.

Anyone else have some appreciation?

cliffdweller
02-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I saw Freedomland yesterday. It wasn't that good, but Julianne Moore saved it with another exquisite performance. I think she has passed Laura Linney for my favorite actress. My only issue with her is she has picked some bad movies to be in.

Anyone else have some appreciation?

OMG yes!! I love Julianne Moore. She stole the show in Boogie Nights. I just loved her performance in that movie. She is true greatness.

gldstwmn
02-21-2006, 05:50 PM
OMG yes!! I love Julianne Moore. She stole the show in Boogie Nights. I just loved her performance in that movie. She is true greatness.

So did I. That movie is a big favorite of mine.

bikerchic
02-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I saw Freedomland yesterday. It wasn't that good, but Julianne Moore saved it with another exquisite performance.
Ya, I read it placed 7th, for opening weekend. Not good. Was it really that bad?

Rickypt
02-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah, she was fantastic in Boogie Nights!

She's also one of the most beautiful women out there.

Rickypt
02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Was it really that bad?

Not bad, just not that great. I thought it didn't flow very well. But there are some remarkable scenes.

Serrart
02-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Another big Julianne Moore admirer here. She's my favourite actress after Emma Thompson. She has one of the widest acting range I've ever seen, and as you said even in not so good movies she usually shines. Her perfomances in movies like Vanya on the 42nd Street, Short Cuts, Safe, Hannibal, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Hours, and many others have been very intense cinema moments for me.

Romy

BTFLCHLD
02-21-2006, 06:24 PM
she is one of my favorite actors
fav movie is 'end of the affair' with ralph fiennes

DavidMn
02-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Another big Julianne Moore admirer here. She's my favourite actress after Emma Thompson. She has one of the widest acting range I've ever seen, and as you said even in not so good movies she usually shines. Her perfomances in movies like Vanya on the 42nd Street, Short Cuts, Safe, Hannibal, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Hours, and many others have been very intense cinema moments for me.

RomyI forgot she was Clarice in Hannibal.

Richard B
02-22-2006, 03:22 PM
She is just a pleasure to watch, one of my fav actors.

Really enjoyed her in The Shipping News, Laws of Attraction and The Forgotten (hated the film, loved her work in it).

DavidMn
02-22-2006, 03:26 PM
You know I sometimes get her mixed up with Nicole Kidman. They do really look alot alike I think.

diamondsnake
02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I loved her in The Forgotten. I will never understand why people didn't love that movie. I thought it was a great sci fi thriller. I loved it.

Richard B
02-22-2006, 11:33 PM
I loved her in The Forgotten. I will never understand why people didn't love that movie. I thought it was a great sci fi thriller. I loved it.
The reason I don't like it is that it was really bad science fiction. I love science fiction, mostly books, but some tv and film. Most are garbage, such as this one.

diamondsnake
02-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Garbage? It is one of my favorites of all time! But, I really don't have anything to compare it to since I am not a sci fi fan. When I picked up the movie there was nothing on the back cover to indicate that it was an alien movie. So, I was really thrown for a loop. And, I really loved it! Very scary- very intense.

tynan88
02-23-2006, 01:42 AM
The reason I don't like it is that it was really bad science fiction. I love science fiction, mostly books, but some tv and film. Most are garbage, such as this one.

OMG I LOVE this movie! I had forgotten (scuse the pun) about it until you mentioned it then.

BombaySapphire3
02-23-2006, 02:01 AM
I forgot she was Clarice in Hannibal.
It was a forgettable part..My girl Jodie was sharp to bail on that turkey .Except for the Florence scenes the whole film was lame.

elie
02-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Don't eat me up for this but:
I thought she was very good in Boogie Nights and The End of the Affair (wonderful movie, by the way) and that her hair looked great in Forgotten, but other than that, I am sorry, but I don't like her at all.
She always looks like she acts the same to me, and not in a good way. I think her acting is too cautious and uninspiring and that she has the same facial expressions, whether she's in "9 months" or "The Hours". And especially "Far From Heaven" totally ruined my good intentions to begin to like her.

Serrart
02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
It was a forgettable part..My girl Jodie was sharp to bail on that turkey .Except for the Florence scenes the whole film was lame.

It think it 's a very challenging movie, Scott went gothic, but I liked it, and Julianne Moore decided to create a new Clarice. It was a very smart move, IMO.

Romy

diamondsnake
02-23-2006, 08:09 PM
I thought she was very good in Boogie Nights and The End of the Affair (wonderful movie, by the way) and that her hair looked great in Forgotten, but other than that, I am sorry, but I don't like her at all.
She always looks like she acts the same to me, and not in a good way. I think her acting is too cautious and uninspiring and that she has the same facial expressions, whether she's in "9 months" or "The Hours". And especially "Far From Heaven" totally ruined my good intentions to begin to like her.

How dare you!
:woohoo:

BombaySapphire3
02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
It think it 's a very challenging movie, Scott went gothic, but I liked it, and Julianne Moore decided to create a new Clarice. It was a very smart move, IMO.

Romy
I guess she would have to create a new Clarice considering the old one would have balked at the new one's bizarre out of character shenanigans .That is why Foster and Demme passed .

GODDESS6
02-23-2006, 08:55 PM
LUVED her in "boogie nights" & "the hours", i love julieanne, i will at least give any movie a try if she is in it~

Serrart
02-23-2006, 09:08 PM
I guess she would have to create a new Clarice considering the old one would have balked at the new one's bizarre out of character shenanigans .That is why Foster and Demme passed .

I'm not comparing SOTL to Hannibal, one is a legacy and the other its deconstruction. What was possible in SOTL became surreal, claustrophobic and taboo in Hannibal. That's why I like them both, they explore different worlds.

Romy

diamondsnake
03-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I just saw Freedomland. I didn't think it was that bad. I rather enjoyed it. Julianne was the best part of the movie. By far! The movie was just kind of, all over the place! But, I still found it really interesting. The film is more about racism than anything else. And it was a really interesting look into the "ghettos" and housing projects in a black neighborhood.