PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know a site to check top album sales? (DSOTM!!!)

Villavic
02-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I just saw classic albums-DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (Pink Floyd). It says it was (I heard it before, too) 750 weeks on charts. Now that's a huge record. With all those weeks.. how come it's not the top in history? Is it in top ten? When radios comment about top albums in history, they usually mention SNFever, Grease, Eagles GH-1, Rumours, and of course, the #1, Thriller. But not always I hear about DSOTM.

Of course sure at week #500 probably it was not on top 40, but sure on top 100 and that's a considerable amount of sales, sure!

Is there awebsite to see the official top albums in history? Are there including also worldwide statistics?

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 04:12 PM
I just saw classic albums-DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (Pink Floyd). It was (I heard it before, too) 750 weeks on charts. Now that's a huge record. With all those weeks.. how come it's not the top in history? Is it in top ten? When radios comment about top albums in history, they usually mention SNFever, Grease, Eagles GH-1, Rumours, and of course, the #1, Thriller. But not always I hear about DSOTM.

Is there awebsite to see the official top albums in history? Are there including also worldwide statistics?somewhere on BIllboard maybe?

HomerMcvie
02-11-2006, 04:13 PM
http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp

johndoe
02-11-2006, 04:13 PM
1. Eagles Greatest Hits-The Eagles
2.Thriller-Michael Jackson
3. The Wall- Pink Floyd
4. Zep 4- Led Zeppelin
5.Back in Black-AC/DC
6.GREATEST HITS VOLUME I & VOLUME II- Billy Joel
7. Come on Over- Shania Twain
8. The Beatles-The Beatles
9. Rumours-Fleetwood Mac
10.Boston-Boston

Dark Sides like 17th. WTF?

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 04:14 PM
http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.aspFleetwood Mac below Mariah Carey. WHat the hell is wrong with this world?!?!?!:shocked:

Brwn_eyes0511
02-11-2006, 04:54 PM
www.classicbands.com is another good one.

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 05:14 PM
www.classicbands.com is another good one.Thanks for that one. I'll check it out.