PDA

View Full Version : Noreaster coming

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey I'm sure all of my east coast friends already know about this one, but I heard its gonna be a doozy. SO everybody out there take care!!!:wavey:

ryan8472
02-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Shut up. I hate snow. Don't even mention snow to me. I get violent. :mad: :laugh:

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Shut up. I hate snow. Don't even mention snow to me. I get violent. :mad: :laugh:Aww come on. Where I'm from we feel cheated if we dont get like 50-60 inshes every winter.:laugh:

ryan8472
02-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Aww come on. Where I'm from we feel cheated if we dont get like 50-60 inshes every winter.:laugh:
When you don't get it as often as that, and it does snow a whole hell of a lot, it makes you want to die. I want to live in San Diego. :p

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 01:57 PM
When you don't get it as often as that, and it does snow a whole hell of a lot, it makes you want to die. I want to live in San Diego. :pNot a bad place at all. My favorite city in California easy.:cool:

Lee
02-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I don't like to see the "s" word either or hear anyone mention the "s" word. It's pretty & all, but I hate driving in it.

Right now, the Weather Channel for here is calling for 8 - 12 inches overnight with an additional 3 - 5 inches tomorrow. :distress: Right now, it's just raining. :shrug: If all this snow prediction is true, it will be interesting getting to work on Monday, but if they declare a state of emergency, I won't be going to work.:blob2:

Lee :)

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
:shocked: Yeah, I don't like to see the "s" word either or hear anyone mention the "s" word. It's pretty & all, but I hate driving in it.

Right now, the Weather Channel for here is calling for 8 - 12 inches overnight with an additional 3 - 5 inches tomorrow. :distress: Right now, it's just raining. :shrug: If all this snow prediction is true, it will be interesting getting to work on Monday, but if they declare a state of emergency, I won't be going to work.:blob2:

Lee :)Damn, that's almost 2 feet!:shocked:

MoonChilde
02-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Groan........Will be so glad to have winter behind us..I really don;t mind the snow..but those Noreasterner's are a pain...Living on the Atlantic we get more than our share of the hurricane type winds...Last one we lost power for 36 hours and took a couple big trees down on the property..its scarey you can hear the wind just roaring by...

AliceLover
02-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Jesus what a bunch of humbugs!!

Come on it only snows here for 2 months in the year...CAN'T ANYBODY ENJOY IT WITH ME?????

Ryan you sound like an old woman. Got your fanny pack ready? :lol:

ryan8472
02-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Ryan you sound like an old woman. Got your fanny pack ready? :lol:
Kiss my ass, dicklick. :xoxo: :wavey:

Snow is nature's way of saying "F*ck you" to me whenever I want to do something. :distress: :laugh:

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Kiss my ass, dicklick. :xoxo: :wavey:

Snow is nature's way of saying "F*ck you" to me whenever I want to do something. :distress: :laugh:last time it snowed heavy here, Derek and I did something allright.....:lol:

ryan8472
02-11-2006, 03:27 PM
last time it snowed heavy here, Derek and I did something allright.....:lol:
Strike #95. :lol:

I wasn't going to say it, but since you already put it so eloquently, I might have been planning something similar. If not for the damn snow! :laugh:

seeker007nmss
02-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah it cold here too. Was in the high 60's today. And sunny......:D

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah it cold here too. Was in the high 60's today. And sunny......:DUckfa uYay:laugh:

seeker007nmss
02-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Uckfa uYay:laugh:

okay maybe low 70's...... not that cold,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 03:42 PM
okay maybe low 70's...... not that cold,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:You know that was pig latin right?

seeker007nmss
02-11-2006, 03:45 PM
You know that was pig latin right?

esya Iay idday :eek: :lol:

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 03:46 PM
esya Iay idday :eek: :lol:Such a lost art...:lol:

WelshWitchPMD
02-11-2006, 05:30 PM
DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM SUNDAY AFTERNOON...BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE WITH SNOWFALL RATES NEAR 3 INCHES PER HOUR. NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 60 MPH MAY PRODUCE WHITE OUT CONDITIONS WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BY SUNDAY NIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 18 INCHES...

Yep, that is the forecast for my area. :mad:

We already have the "5 Alarm Bread and Milk Alert" sounding loud and clear here in RI. We just came back from the market as a matter of fact. I am thankful that the storm is not coming on a week night that I might have to work in the computer room. I have been lucky so far.

Lee
02-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, they've revised their forecast a little. Now it's an inch of snow overnight with 3 - 5 tomorrow. And it's STILL raining. Damn, looks like I'm going to have to go to work on morning. :distress:

Lee :distress:

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 05:35 PM
DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM SUNDAY AFTERNOON...BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE WITH SNOWFALL RATES NEAR 3 INCHES PER HOUR. NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 60 MPH MAY PRODUCE WHITE OUT CONDITIONS WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BY SUNDAY NIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 18 INCHES...

Yep, that is the forecast for my area. :mad:

We already have the "5 Alarm Bread and Milk Alert" sounding loud and clear here in RI. We just came back from the market as a matter of fact. I am thankful that the storm is not coming on a week night that I might have to work in the computer room. I have been lucky so far.Cool. Take care, stay warm!:nod:

Lee
02-11-2006, 05:37 PM
"We already have the "5 Alarm Bread and Milk Alert" sounding loud and clear here in RI."

Oh yeah, that sounded here last night! :nod: Oh, & don't forget the T.P.:laugh:

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 05:39 PM
"We already have the "5 Alarm Bread and Milk Alert" sounding loud and clear here in RI."

Lee :)Damn straight!:lol:

WelshWitchPMD
02-11-2006, 05:42 PM

We didn't. :laugh: Hopefully, this weekend I will get to watch a few DVDs that I bought recently.

Songbird4
02-11-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm ready to hibernate til at least Tuesday!! They just changed the forcast for Boston to 12-18 inches. Luckily my Netflix movies were perfectly timed and arrived today. As long as my power doesn't go out, I'll be a happy camper hiding under my down comforter watching movies!! :nod:

Hope everyone stays safe and warm!!

~Kim

MacMan
02-11-2006, 05:58 PM
They were just talking about this weather system moving up the coast.. They called it a Weather Bomb!

Songbird4
02-12-2006, 12:01 AM
They changed the forcast again. 20 inches plus in some places. :mad: I won't be going out til Thursday!!

~Kim

Lee
02-12-2006, 10:06 AM
It didn't actually start snowing here until 4 a.m. It's just lightly snowing now. We may have gotten 2 - 3 inches max. I'm glad I don't live in NY, NJ or MA because they are really getting it. :sorry: Now to try to get into my car. When it rains & then freezes, I always have trouble. Sometimes I even have to haul out the old blow dryer! :laugh:

sara1998
02-12-2006, 10:26 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/02/12/northeast.snow/index.html

Why don't we ever get snow like this? I would love it. :]

SuzeQuze
02-12-2006, 03:02 PM
We didn't. :laugh: Hopefully, this weekend I will get to watch a few DVDs that I bought recently.

My DVD player broke yesterday and my Gilmore Girls Season 2, Disc 3 is in it! Stupid electronics. :mad:

According to boston.com we got 8 inches here and will get another inch or so. Its fine since I don't need to leave the house today anyway. I spent the morning cleaning and putting in some new ceiling tiles. I had some that were water stained from a leak that has finally been fixed! It's been 3 years. :rolleyes: FYI, putting them in is a bloody pain in the buttocks!

Guess its On Demand for me now, hope there's something good on!

DavidMn
02-12-2006, 05:27 PM
My DVD player broke yesterday and my Gilmore Girls Season 2, Disc 3 is in it! Stupid electronics. :mad:

According to boston.com we got 8 inches here and will get another inch or so. Its fine since I don't need to leave the house today anyway. I spent the morning cleaning and putting in some new ceiling tiles. I had some that were water stained from a leak that has finally been fixed! It's been 3 years. :rolleyes: FYI, putting them in is a bloody pain in the buttocks!

Guess its On Demand for me now, hope there's something good on!Isnt it nice just to cocoon oncew in awhile?:thumbsup:

AliceLover
02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I am about 15-20 minutes from Boston and we got a little over a foot.

NO SCHOOL FOR ME TOMORROW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Aussie24
02-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Ive never seen snow :( right now sitting here its 35 degrees celcius....THATS HOT!!!!!

WelshWitchPMD
02-13-2006, 08:10 AM
My car did not start today so I am staying home. Aww, I feel so bad.:(
Just as well since I don't feel that great today anyway.

SuzeQuze
02-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Isnt it nice just to cocoon oncew in awhile?:thumbsup:

It is, I did what I needed to do on Sat so I wouldn't have to go out yesterday.

I am about 15-20 minutes from Boston and we got a little over a foot.

NO SCHOOL FOR ME TOMORROW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:cool: Enjoy your day off! Don't worry about me trudging through snowbanks with my laptop! :eek: Actually, its going to be beautiful so I don't mind. I hate driving in snow, and shoveling out my car but otherwise I love it. I will just be leaving the car under it until it melts!

AliceLover
02-13-2006, 01:49 PM
It is, I did what I needed to do on Sat so I wouldn't have to go out yesterday.

:cool: Enjoy your day off! Don't worry about me trudging through snowbanks with my laptop! :eek: Actually, its going to be beautiful so I don't mind. I hate driving in snow, and shoveling out my car but otherwise I love it. I will just be leaving the car under it until it melts!

Yes its been a great snow day.....slept till 12:30

What are you a teacher or something?

SuzeQuze
02-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Yes its been a great snow day.....slept till 12:30

What are you a teacher or something?

I QA computer books and worked from home on Friday, hence the laptop. The walk in really wasn't bad.

amber
02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
I saw on the news that the East Coast was really getting dumped on. It's weird, because it's unseasonably warm here. We're definitely having our "February spring" only it's lasting longer and is warmer than usual. The high today is supposed to be 70, last week we had 75-77. :confused:
I feel so bad for you guys. The global warming is just making more water available (melt) to dump snow on you guys I guess. :(
Be safe everyone! I'll be thinking of you as I ride my bike/hike around this week. :p

SuzeQuze
02-13-2006, 04:00 PM
I saw on the news that the East Coast was really getting dumped on. It's weird, because it's unseasonably warm here. We're definitely having our "February spring" only it's lasting longer and is warmer than usual. The high today is supposed to be 70, last week we had 75-77. :confused:
I feel so bad for you guys. The global warming is just making more water available (melt) to dump snow on you guys I guess. :(
Be safe everyone! I'll be thinking of you as I ride my bike/hike around this week. :p

You know what's odd? This is the first big snowstorm of the winter! It has been very mild here all winter compared to the previous 2 where we got clobbered! I will take it. Although, I would take your weather in a heartbeat (drives you mad). :lol:

amber
02-13-2006, 04:31 PM
You know what's odd? This is the first big snowstorm of the winter! It has been very mild here all winter compared to the previous 2 where we got clobbered! I will take it. Although, I would take your weather in a heartbeat (drives you mad). :lol:

-10 for that joke.:laugh:

Really? mild? I thought I'd been hearing about storms all winter. :confused: Maybe I was thinking of last year.

well, that's good. :)

SuzeQuze
02-13-2006, 05:45 PM
-10 for that joke.:laugh:

Really? mild? I thought I'd been hearing about storms all winter. :confused: Maybe I was thinking of last year.

well, that's good. :)

Haha, that was less of a joke and more of a train of thought thing, the phrase just popped into my head so I wrote it. Woops, my bad. ;)

AliceLover
02-13-2006, 05:55 PM

The flip flop temperatures in January got me REALLY sick. I was in bed for 5 days straight...:(

amber
02-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Haha, that was less of a joke and more of a train of thought thing, the phrase just popped into my head so I wrote it. Woops, my bad. ;)
Don't feel bad - I made flashcards for my Wills/Trusts/Probate class.
The front one says: Two Kinds of Probate.
Guess what I keep singing??? :rolleyes:

SuzeQuze
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM
The flip flop temperatures in January got me REALLY sick. I was in bed for 5 days straight...:(

Aww, that really sucks! Everyone on the other side of my cube wall is sick, they're coughing and blowing their noses constantly. Eww and ick!

Don't feel bad - I made flashcards for my Wills/Trusts/Probate class.
The front one says: Two Kinds of Probate.
Guess what I keep singing???

Um, sadly, I knew right away what song! :laugh:

amber
02-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Um, sadly, I knew right away what song! :laugh:

....cause there are two kinds of probate....to leave our money to who we like best....my final wishes...

SomeKindaMother
02-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Isnt it nice just to cocoon oncew in awhile?:thumbsup:

Oh my gosh David I think the same thing! I love to 'storm shop' the day before a predicted storm and stock up. Then listen to the morning radio for the school closings and upon hearing our school called, quietly sneak into the kids' rooms to whisper 'no school today'.....so they can sleep in late. (And of course then they scream 'whoo-hoo' and jump out of bed far faster than normal in order to get the most of their 'free day'!)

Hot cocoa, cookies and board games at my house! Come on over!

I should also mention that the 'cocooning' is the **only** thing I like about snow. I hope all of you are surviving your big snowstorms. Good luck.

Kelly :)

SuzeQuze
02-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh my gosh David I think the same thing! I love to 'storm shop' the day before a predicted storm and stock up. Then listen to the morning radio for the school closings and upon hearing our school called, quietly sneak into the kids' rooms to whisper 'no school today'.....so they can sleep in late. (And of course then they scream 'whoo-hoo' and jump out of bed far faster than normal in order to get the most of their 'free day'!)

Hot cocoa, cookies and board games at my house! Come on over!

I should also mention that the 'cocooning' is the **only** thing I like about snow. I hope all of you are surviving your big snowstorms. Good luck.

Very nice. The snow is melting fast here. The only thing I bought before the storm was cookies, the new Pepperidge Farm chocolate dipped Chessmen, oh dear god are they goooood.

DavidMn
02-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Very nice. The snow is melting fast here. The only thing I bought before the storm was cookies, the new Pepperidge Farm chocolate dipped Chessmen, oh dear god are they goooood.Hopefully there's no flooding because of the higher temps.:nod:

SomeKindaMother
02-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Very nice. The snow is melting fast here. The only thing I bought before the storm was cookies, the new Pepperidge Farm chocolate dipped Chessmen, oh dear god are they goooood.

I'm glad to hear the snow is going. I hope you aren't left with a slushy, muddy mess now....although it is inevitable, isn't it? At least you have Pepperidge Farm to get you through the tough times! :woohoo: