PDA

View Full Version : We're Going To Disney!

sara1998
02-11-2006, 10:19 AM
So, I've mulled over the idea of booking a trip to Disney this year. And finally, after much self doubt, I've booked it. I've always said I wanted to take Sara when she was 7, because I think it's the perfect age. We're going to stay for 7 days in a Disney resort, for a week of carefree bliss, park rides, and water parks. Wish me luck. I have an itenerary, but anyone who has been there, feel free to offer suggestions as to what to do!

greatdarkwing
02-11-2006, 10:54 AM
What time of year are you going exactly...I practically live in Orlando...We visit the parks every 3 months with our annual passes.

Lala
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
That's awesome. My parents are divorced and between the two of them I did Disneyland/world a lot as a child. I really am in the mood to go again. But anyways, you'll have a great time.

The only tip I can think to offer is what the books say: go early (some passes have an option where you can get into the park early, or they used to) and at the peak hours go back the hotel and rest or go swimming b/c the lines are a bitch.

strandinthewind
02-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Be sure and check out he non Disney stuff in Orlanso!!!!!!

Also, let me know when you are going as I have a friend there :wavey: Also, I will be there a great deal in the next few months with my brother. So, watch out if we are there at the same time :eek:

sara1998
02-11-2006, 12:45 PM
What time of year are you going exactly...I practically live in Orlando...We visit the parks every 3 months with our annual passes.
We're going June 3 - June 10. I wanted to go the weekend she very first got out of school for the summer... maybe beat the rush??? :o Please tell me I was halfway right.....

sara1998
02-11-2006, 12:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Be sure and check out he non Disney stuff in Orlanso!!!!!!

Also, let me know when you are going as I have a friend there :wavey: Also, I will be there a great deal in the next few months with my brother. So, watch out if we are there at the same time :eek:

Bring it....:cool:

DavidMn
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
So, I've mulled over the idea of booking a trip to Disney this year. And finally, after much self doubt, I've booked it. I've always said I wanted to take Sara when she was 7, because I think it's the perfect age. We're going to stay for 7 days in a Disney resort, for a week of carefree bliss, park rides, and water parks. Wish me luck. I have an itenerary, but anyone who has been there, feel free to offer suggestions as to what to do!
The last time I was there was 1988. I wonder what tickets cost these days? Hope you have a great time!:wavey:

mylittledemon
02-12-2006, 02:26 PM
We're going June 3 - June 10. I wanted to go the weekend she very first got out of school for the summer... maybe beat the rush??? :o Please tell me I was halfway right.....

*INCORRECT BUZZER NOISE*....Nope you'll be right in the thick of it. And by June the heat will be close to unbearable what with the humidity.

greatdarkwing
02-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Hell, I'm going to Universal this weekend...

Wow..June 3 - 10...As far as water parks, Blizzard Beach is a MUST. The other parks are hit and miss. Magic Kingdom is probably the best. Epcot and Animal Kingdom trailing that. To be honest Im not really a fan of the MGM Studios.

BTW, At nighttime check out Downtown Disney or Universal Citywalk....both have outstanding restaurants, and plenty of shops. If you can, check out Cirque Du Soleil in Downtown Disney...I hear its very good

catinthedark
02-12-2006, 11:52 PM

OMG - you are ALL the way right!! What a cool mom you are. You will have a blast! I went when I was nine - my memory is that it was truly the greatest place on earth. I tihnk you probably WILL beat the major rush - I know around here, elementary schools don't let out til the last week of June. I bet early June you'll be fine. And who cares if it's hot? It's DISNEY WORLD!!! :blob1: :blob1:

(by the way - i never use those blobs. disney? calls for blobs)

Brwn_eyes0511
02-13-2006, 12:52 AM
My friend used to work there as a character player for about 4 years. She knows all 4 parks by heart...she gave me detailed instructions on where to go, what to see and what to do...

Oh there is so much to do. But I think Sara will really enjoy Magic Kingdom the most...especially at age 7. You would probably enjoy MGM more...It is by far my fav. park.

diamondsnake
02-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Well unfortunately here in Florida school ends in mid May, so you may not beat the rush! But, I'm sure you'll still have a great time!

Personally, Epcot is my favorite park- the restaurants are to die for!

You should definately do Winter Park. There is lots of shopping, restaurants, boat tours, the farmer's market, etc. It's a quaint atmosphere, if you are interested in getting away from the crowds for an afternoon.

I'm so boring- my favorite restaurant in town in the Cheesecake Factory! It is located at the Mall at Millenia, which if you love shopping, you must check it out! It is the nicest indoor mall in Florida. It is very upscale...

I'm sure your daughter would love going to the rainforest cafe which is at Universal City Walk. It is really fun!

If you like Antiquing, then you can check out Mt. Dora. There are dozens of Antique stores in that town.

If you want your fortune told, one of the most famous psychic communities is a couple minutes away, Casadega. It is really scary to be honest. But, I just thought I would throw that out there!

Have a fun trip!

diamondsnake
02-13-2006, 02:35 AM
I live right on the beach, and I haven't been in the water in five years! I am a half hour away from Orlando and I haven't been to a theme park in decades. I really need to take advantage of living in this tourist trap that I call home.

jkmaletic
02-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I've never been to Disney WORLD, but I go to DisneyLAND all the time! I even went this past saturday. Anyway, if Orlando has the Fastpass system for their rides, I HIGHLY recommend you use it. It makes standing in line a thing of the past. It just requires a little planning. I love it! :nod:

As far as rides go, if Orlando has the indoor Indiana Jones ride- make sure you go on it!! It's Disneyland's best ride, IMO.

~Jamie

Villavic
02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
I've been in Disney World many times. It's wonderful, beautiful.. I love it

I was in Disneyland twice, but is not that magical. In Disney World you really feel you are in other world. It is full of magic.

Magic Kingdom is my fave. MAybe because is full of childhood memories. Now I'm adult and I may find a bit silly some rides, but anyway I still enjoy Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer Island, Pirates of the Caribbean (the best!), Space Mountain, etc. And of course the pohtos with characters. Just walking thru the park is enjoyable.

Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom are great too. Never been in the water parks.

jkmaletic
02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I've been in Disney World many times. It's wonderful, beautiful.. I love it

I was in Disneyland twice, but is not that magical. In Disney World you really feel you are in other world. It is full of magic.

Magic Kingdom is my fave. MAybe because is full of childhood memories. Now I'm adult and I may find a bit silly some rides, but anyway I still enjoy Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer Island, Pirates of the Caribbean (the best!), Space Mountain, etc. And of course the pohtos with characters. Just walking thru the park is enjoyable.

Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom are great too. Never been in the water parks.

Hey---easy--Disneyland has always been very magical to me. Granted I've never been to Disney World, but Disneyland is the original park and I think there's something to be said for that.
I have also been to Disneylad Paris - now THAT was unmagical.

sara1998
02-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! We can't wait to go. We was watching a thing on the Travel channel tonight about it. I didn't get to see all of it, but it was more of a behind-the-scenes and historical look at it. Pretty interesting. I need to hurry up and book our dinner with a princess. I hear that's something you have to book way in advance. That's going to be a suprise to Sara, though! ;)

The Tower
02-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Maria!

Geoffrey and I are going to Disney World, too!!!! For my birthday. And I can't ****ing wait, lemme tell ya.

We're staying at The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. One bedroom "suite" with full kitchen and the whole nine yards. Eight days, seven nights. Non-stop flights with the whole "Disney Magic" routine where they whisk you away from the airport to your room and your bags are already delivered directly from the plane. Five Star dining at all the best restaurants they have to offer. Seven-day park hopper pass and we're going to go to Universal, too.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I can't WAIT to get my hands on a Disney World Maleficent pin!!! (Geoffrey and I are pin collectors).

:blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

amber
02-14-2006, 01:42 AM
/\/\

I would've never taken you for a Disney type. Especially as you have no kids to take. I heard DisneyWorld was lame, I guess not. :shrug: I guess it's rad.

Congrats Maria! That is a good age to take the young'n.:woohoo: :woohoo:

I've never been to Disneyland or World.

Brwn_eyes0511
02-14-2006, 02:17 AM
I've never been to Disneyland or World.

Disney World rocks, especially when you know where to go and what to do...if its your first time and you have no clue...it can drive you a little nuts.

And yes Super soap weekend rocks!

:woohoo: for Tamara Braun.

SuzeQuze
02-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! We can't wait to go. We was watching a thing on the Travel channel tonight about it. I didn't get to see all of it, but it was more of a behind-the-scenes and historical look at it. Pretty interesting. I need to hurry up and book our dinner with a princess. I hear that's something you have to book way in advance. That's going to be a suprise to Sara, though! ;)

This is going to be so special, the whole trip too. She's going to absolutely love it and it will be the time of her life (up til now). I hope everything goes wonderfully for you two. :) I agree with those who've said to spend most of your time at Disney since you have a 7 year old. My aunt just came back from there, I will ask her for any pointers for you. She took her 5 year old daughter, the pictures are awesome, her smile is so wide.

SomeKindaMother
02-14-2006, 09:59 AM
We went to Disneyland...gosh I guess it's been 7 years ago now. We've never been to Disney World, though. We took a 3 week 'road trip' with all 5 kids, one 18 year old nephew, and a father in law. Do you ever look back on events in your life and wonder HOW you ever survived it? That's usually one of the first that pops to my mind. Oh well, we got a lot of good stories out of it.

I know your daughter will be so suprised and SO excited. It will be a wonderful experience for you both! Good luck booking the princess!

Kelly :)

SomeKindaMother
02-14-2006, 10:07 AM
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I can't WAIT to get my hands on a Disney World Maleficent pin!!! (Geoffrey and I are pin collectors).

My daughter has a friend named Millicent, and my poor husband **always** calls her Maleficent. I don't know why he can't remember to say Millicent, but it cracks us all up. When I read about your Maleficent pin, I nearly choked on my coffee thinking about it.

Hope you and Geoffrey have a great trip as well. Don't they say it's for the young and the young at heart?? You'll have a blast and I can't wait to hear about everyone's trip. *MY* vacation this year consists of sending my 2 oldest girls to California. (We have family in the LA area...I'm not banishing them.) ;) So, I will be vicariously enjoying the vacation of others.

SuzeQuze
02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
My daughter has a friend named Millicent, and my poor husband **always** calls her Maleficent. I don't know why he can't remember to say Millicent, but it cracks us all up. When I read about your Maleficent pin, I nearly choked on my coffee thinking about it.

Hope you and Geoffrey have a great trip as well. Don't they say it's for the young and the young at heart?? You'll have a blast and I can't wait to hear about everyone's trip. *MY* vacation this year consists of sending my 2 oldest girls to California. (We have family in the LA area...I'm not banishing them.) ;) So, I will be vicariously enjoying the vacation of others.

Some people call Mufasa Mustafa.

DavidMn
02-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Some people call Mufasa Mustafa.How dare they mistake the great Mufasa's name?:nod:

SomeKindaMother
02-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Some people call Mufasa Mustafa.

I'm glad to hear that it's not just my husband that is 'pronouncuationally challenged'. :lol: