PDA

View Full Version : Get your free dream interpretations HERE!

Red
02-09-2006, 03:02 AM
After a pretty interesting hijacked thread which morphed into dream interpretation/psychoanalysis, I now offer dream interpretations to those who are interested/crazy. So have at 'er. What dream have you had lately, bizarre or banal?

LuckyCharms
02-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Satisfied costumer here! :wavey:

Red's got the goods! :thumbsup:

amber
02-09-2006, 03:19 AM
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

What does this dream mean?!? Help me, Red. I beg of youuuuu...i beg of youuuu.

Red
02-09-2006, 03:57 AM
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

What does this dream mean?!? Help me, Red. I beg of youuuuu...i beg of youuuu.

Well you've thrown down the gauntlet, now haven't you Amber. Thrown down like a barricade! And so early in the game. Well here goes: You dream of being a leader in the civil rights movement, pioneering for human rights and equality for all!

Next?

JazmenFlowers
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
are you serious? cause if you are I've got one to tell you.

amber
02-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Well you've thrown down the gauntlet, now haven't you Amber. Thrown down like a barricade! And so early in the game. Well here goes: You dream of being a leader in the civil rights movement, pioneering for human rights and equality for all!

Next?
Oooh, thank goodness. I thought it meant i'd be struck down untimely by an assassin's bullet! Whew, you've really put my mind at ease.

Yeah, Jasmine, she's serious. Did you see her other dream interps?

sara1998
02-09-2006, 11:34 AM
are you serious? cause if you are I've got one to tell you.
She's serious, and I'm going..... :p ( love ya sweetie)

I had a dream that I visited my late husband in a halfway house. He was cuddled up, asleep on a black couch, in his room. He was shivering because he was cold. I threw a green blanket on him, and layed on top of him, in an effort to warm him up. He woke up briefly and asked me if I closed the garage door....

What's up with that? :shrug:

Red
02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Guys! I'm at work, so I can't give the interpretations until I get home as I'll prolly get my ass fired if even I attempt to.
So yeah, give 'em over and I'll pick apart your brains when I get home! Especially you, Sara1998......I can't WAIT to tell you what your dream means!:nod:

sara1998
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi Guys! I'm at work, so I can't give the interpretations until I get home as I'll prolly get my ass fired if even I attempt to.
So yeah, give 'em over and I'll pick apart your brains when I get home! Especially you, Sara1998......I can't WAIT to tell you what your dream means!:nod:
I? Love you! I had that one a while back, so I'm dying to hear what you have to say!

JazmenFlowers
02-09-2006, 01:56 PM
do you see this happening in my lifetime?

gawd, how I long to get out of this state...

ragandbone
02-09-2006, 02:08 PM
I had a dream last night in which my husband and I had friends over for a party on the night before our wedding, and in the midst of the festivities, we ate all of the wedding cake.

SomeKindaMother
02-09-2006, 03:30 PM
ooohhhh! I want to take a guess at them. I won't do it without permission from Rachel, though. I don't know a blessed thing about symbolism in dreams, but I love to (attempt to) analyze.

Kelly :)

sara1998
02-09-2006, 08:37 PM
AWWW, Rachel.... Your killing me! Where you at?

Janet
02-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I constantly have dreams about the end of the world.

One time I was at my grandmother's house and I had to put up a barrier so the floods wouldn't get in. Another time I was at a store ( think K Mart) and the clouds turned brown...the lights went out and aliens were coming. Another time I was at a desert with a camel and the world had already ended. Why?

Plus, I got my car stolen last year and I just had a dream my new one was stolen....plus I drove by a hurse today and yesterday...any connections there?

Janet
02-09-2006, 09:00 PM
And...( so many questions) why is it everyone I know dreams about people who died and I don't. I never dream about my dad ( since 1987), my cat BooBoo or my greatgrandmother ( since 1992) ( all horrible deaths close to me) and everyone else I know has dreamt about them and about their close ones after death. I never ever do.

sara1998
02-09-2006, 09:05 PM
And...( so many questions) why is it everyone I know dreams about people who died and I don't. I never dream about my dad ( since 1987), my cat BooBoo or my greatgrandmother ( since 1992) ( all horrible deaths close to me) and everyone else I know has dreamt about them and about their close ones after death. I never ever do.
I'm so sorry, Janet. I really love having dreams about Jason. I've had quite a few. The one I told Rachel about was the most intriguing for me. The rest I can pretty well figure out.

Red
02-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Sorry for being so late guys! Major drama today (although I snuck in a couple peeks at your posts at work so I could to mull it over) and then when I got home I got a call from Danny (all the same) saying that his building/ condo had caught fire. Not HIS, but one in same building and there was total chaos.
Anyway, long story short, all is well, there's no damage to his suite and no one in the building was hurt. Yay!

So I'm going over the individual dreams, starting of course with Sara1998.:nod:

Red
02-10-2006, 12:00 AM
She's serious, and I'm going..... :p ( love ya sweetie)

I had a dream that I visited my late husband in a halfway house. He was cuddled up, asleep on a black couch, in his room. He was shivering because he was cold. I threw a green blanket on him, and layed on top of him, in an effort to warm him up. He woke up briefly and asked me if I closed the garage door....

What's up with that? :shrug:

Colour is a big issue in this dream. Black is complicated, because, yes, it denotes death, but it also signifies potential for all colour, white being the absense of pigment. So the whole halfway house thing sounds like negativity, also the potential for all things good (colour).

Green is really intereseting because in colour theory, green is neither warm (reds, yellows, oranges) nor cool (blues, purples) but a synthesis of BOTH warm and cold. So really, you were all things to him and it sounds like you know he knew this, right?

I want to come back to this later, there's more.

Red
02-10-2006, 12:09 AM
I had a dream last night in which my husband and I had friends over for a party on the night before our wedding, and in the midst of the festivities, we ate all of the wedding cake.

A wedding in a dream signifies union (duh), not of two people, but an attempt to strike a balance between you own personality traits like intellect/reason versus emotion. So you weren't dreaming of your actual wedding, but it sounds like your conflicted over heart vs soul, reason vs passion.

Eating the cake prematurely means that you're having a hard time being patient while you try to figure out a way to strike said balance. Plus you got to eat cake! Lucky you!!!!!:thumbsup:

Red
02-10-2006, 12:15 AM
ooohhhh! I want to take a guess at them. I won't do it without permission from Rachel, though. I don't know a blessed thing about symbolism in dreams, but I love to (attempt to) analyze.

Knock yourself out man! I'm no expert, trust me...I've just been casually doing this on and off for years. So yeah, jump in!

seeker007nmss
02-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Okay here is a WEIRD one for you.....

I am walking around a group of buildings and go into the first tower I am near. Near the top in a room at a desk an old man is working on something with a quill pen. Without looking up, he says: "You know they have it wrong." I say "What do they have wrong?". He says "The sign of the beast was not 666 the code for Nero, but because of a mistake in copying, it was suppose to be 616 - Caligula. It was a warning for those in the first century, about the excesses of Rome. Strange those writings survived. Oh well, not the first time, and won't be the last". At which point I wake up. :shocked:

One - I am not a Christian. I assume it refers to Revelations in the Bible. :shrug: Too many cookies before bedtime? That's what I am guessing. :nod:

LuckyCharms
02-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Oooo! I thought of more :)

Shortly before I met my husband I had this dream that I was sitting in a rockingchair in a small room looking out a window. Out the window was a beautiful purple red sunset and I was holding a baby in my arms. I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, all I knew was that the baby was mine. It felt real, I could acutally feel what it's like holding a baby. It was very short and I actually woke up from the dream to morning. My biological clock was like full throttle after that, LOL! Shortly after I met my husband and he showed me a picture of his daughter, she looked almost identical to the baby I was holding in my dream. The bedroom that she has at our house now also resembles the one in the dream. I still remember it as clearly today as I did when I first woke up to it, pretty weird! :)

I have a reacurring dream where I'm trying to get home, I spend the whole dream trying to get there but the roads keep changing or my car turns into a wagon, or rollerskates, or something. Sometimes I'll end up in these weird towns, there's like 2 different ones, I've never seen them in real life but when ever I end up there they look the same.

Another reacurring dream where I'm with this awsome guy, he's like the love of my life or something, we're super happy and he's so super great, to the moon and back kind of thing. I wake up and I can't remember what the hell he looked like, I know it's the same guy though :shrug:

I'll never forget this one, I think I've only had the dream once though. There is this field of tall goldish grass with a path leading to woods. The sky is all gray but there's like a glowy light. All I can see is this field and the woods, nothing behind me, nothing on either side. I try to walk down the path but at a certain point I'm like sweat covered terrified, and was this horrible smell that I can't even describe. Very unpleasant.

Red
02-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Okay here is a WEIRD one for you.....

I am walking around a group of buildings and go into the first tower I am near. Near the top in a room at a desk an old man is working on something with a quill pen. Without looking up, he says: "You know they have it wrong." I say "What do they have wrong?". He says "The sign of the beast was not 666 the code for Nero, but because of a mistake in copying, it was suppose to be 616 - Caligula. It was a warning for those in the first century, about the excesses of Rome. Strange those writings survived. Oh well, not the first time, and won't be the last". At which point I wake up. :shocked:

One - I am not a Christian. I assume it refers to Revelations in the Bible. :shrug: Too many cookies before bedtime? That's what I am guessing. :nod:

Jesus, you're on your own with this one, buddy.:lol:

Can you tell me more about the old man? Appearance, demeanor, etc. Were you scared, curious, apprehensive? And when he said it won't be the last time, does he mean it won't be the last time a revelatory document will be proven false?

Oh and I know all about religeous dreams without being a religeous person. I think I mentioned this but I dreamt about a week ago that I was Jesus Christ. Yep, me. Jesus. Christ.

seeker007nmss
02-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Jesus, you're on your own with this one, buddy.:lol:

Can you tell me more about the old man? Appearance, demeanor, etc. Were you scared, curious, apprehensive? And when he said it won't be the last time, does he mean it won't be the last time a revelatory document will be proven false?

Oh and I know all about religeous dreams without being a religeous person. I think I mentioned this but I dreamt about a week ago that I was Jesus Christ. Yep, me. Jesus. Christ.

He wore robes, (Earth tones, with white, green, and gold) was calm and serene. I wasn't threatened at all, actually very calm. I got the impression that he meant many things written in the past are not completely understood, and that things yet to be written and events will be just as misunderstood in the future. I don't think he meant false, just taken out of time and context. Beyond That.....:shrug:

I thought, well maybe it was derived from something I saw or read that day, but nothing comes to mind even remotely close. Oh well.....

Red
02-10-2006, 01:01 AM
I constantly have dreams about the end of the world.

One time I was at my grandmother's house and I had to put up a barrier so the floods wouldn't get in. Another time I was at a store ( think K Mart) and the clouds turned brown...the lights went out and aliens were coming. Another time I was at a desert with a camel and the world had already ended. Why?

Plus, I got my car stolen last year and I just had a dream my new one was stolen....plus I drove by a hurse today and yesterday...any connections there?

Sorry if I get a lil' personal here, but do you have a tendancy to make big life changes in the way that the average joe might make little ones? Apocalyptic dreams usually mean major lifestyle/emotional changes, upheaval that you've created yourself. Maybe creating drama when there isn't any? I realize I could be waaaaay off here, but that's usually what these dreams mean.:sorry:

Oh and the alien thing, quite literally could mean that someone around you is being invasive, sort of trying to take over. Or you like the X-files. I looooove the X-files.:D

Red
02-10-2006, 01:09 AM
He wore robes, (Earth tones, with white, green, and gold) was calm and serene. I wasn't threatened at all, actually very calm. I got the impression that he meant many things written in the past are not completely understood, and that things yet to be written and events will be just as misunderstood in the future. I don't think he meant false, just taken out of time and context. Beyond That.....:shrug:

I thought, well maybe it was derived from something I saw or read that day, but nothing comes to mind even remotely close. Oh well.....

Alright, this is odd, but robes signify sex. Yep! What was that about Caligula?;)
I know, I know, Freud says its aaaaaall about sex. I'm thinking this has to do with yor own feelings about peoples preconceived notions about sex/sexuality. Y'know what, I'm pm-ing you about this.

macfanken
02-10-2006, 01:14 AM
ok Rachel... here's one... it's not recent but it's definitely one that has stuck in my mind. I'm at a pet shop, looking at puppies... I notice on the other side of the pet shop is a chais lounge with a woman lying on it. I walk over to it and see that it is Stevie Nicks... almost like in the "Hold Me" video... but it is the current, older Stevie. She has a very bright, colorful dress on... almost a "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" type thing... but she is also partially naked... I look down and am horrified to see that there are cockroaches and beetles crawling out of her vagina. I'm not making this up... does it mean anything besides that fact that I probably have issues?

Red
02-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Oooo! I thought of more :)

Shortly before I met my husband I had this dream that I was sitting in a rockingchair in a small room looking out a window. Out the window was a beautiful purple red sunset and I was holding a baby in my arms. I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, all I knew was that the baby was mine. It felt real, I could acutally feel what it's like holding a baby. It was very short and I actually woke up from the dream to morning. My biological clock was like full throttle after that, LOL! Shortly after I met my husband and he showed me a picture of his daughter, she looked almost identical to the baby I was holding in my dream. The bedroom that she has at our house now also resembles the one in the dream. I still remember it as clearly today as I did when I first woke up to it, pretty weird! :)

I'm attacking these one at a time, sugar!

Dreaming of what you know to be your own baby means that (at the time) you were acknowledging your own vulnerability and owning it. A great dream about self realization. How Shakespearean!:nod: A beautiful calm sunset, purple which is the cololor symbolizing hope and red (;) ) symbolizing of course, power love and energy...you really knew where you were going at the time.:nod:

ragandbone
02-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Cool! Thanks! :xoxo: I am going to mull this over a bit.

I like cake, but I am really a pie-person.:shrug:

A wedding in a dream signifies union (duh), not of two people, but an attempt to strike a balance between you own personality traits like intellect/reason versus emotion. So you weren't dreaming of your actual wedding, but it sounds like your conflicted over heart vs soul, reason vs passion.

Eating the cake prematurely means that you're having a hard time being patient while you try to figure out a way to strike said balance. Plus you got to eat cake! Lucky you!!!!!:thumbsup:

Red
02-10-2006, 01:49 AM
ok Rachel... here's one... it's not recent but it's definitely one that has stuck in my mind. I'm at a pet shop, looking at puppies... I notice on the other side of the pet shop is a chais lounge with a woman lying on it. I walk over to it and see that it is Stevie Nicks... almost like in the "Hold Me" video... but it is the current, older Stevie. She has a very bright, colorful dress on... almost a "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" type thing... but she is also partially naked... I look down and am horrified to see that there are cockroaches and beetles crawling out of her vagina. I'm not making this up... does it mean anything besides that fact that I probably have issues?

Hm, puppies and bug infested vaginas. Well, where does one begin?:laugh: :laugh:

You know that you're not really dreaming of Stevie even though its Stevie's face. She's pretty present in our lives here so her face is bound to pop up once in awhile. I was feeding her ice cream sandwiches in one dream and the she played me a song to return the favour.:p

Anyway...

Bugs usually mean a sort of chaos, a need to find order in your life. But I'm gonna take a wild stab at this and say that a vag is not your sexual organ of choice. So double whammy chaos!!! What the hell were you going through when you dreamt this????????

Colour is a majorly common theme with you guys!!! Mega strong emotions here which makes me wonder if anyone really does dream in black and white?!

amber
02-10-2006, 01:54 AM

Those dreams that impart important factual things (or at least the manner of them in the dream is that they are facts) are sooo strange, because you get information in the dream that you've never even heard of in real life - or at least some of it you've never heard of. :shocked: It's usually some kind of secret/important thing, too.

Red
02-10-2006, 02:10 AM

I have a reacurring dream where I'm trying to get home, I spend the whole dream trying to get there but the roads keep changing or my car turns into a wagon, or rollerskates, or something. Sometimes I'll end up in these weird towns, there's like 2 different ones, I've never seen them in real life but when ever I end up there they look the same.

I TOTALLY remember reading this that "going home" in a dream, spiritualistically anyway means approaching death.:eek: So the fact that you keep going off track is awesome!!! You're a death dodger! You'll never die!!

seeker007nmss
02-10-2006, 02:24 AM
Alright, this is odd, but robes signify sex. Yep! What was that about Caligula?;)
I know, I know, Freud says its aaaaaall about sex. I'm thinking this has to do with yor own feelings about peoples preconceived notions about sex/sexuality. Y'know what, I'm pm-ing you about this.

Hmmm. Actually I got the feeling that the robes were from a more historical context. I have an interest in ancient - historical civilizations, so that can come from reading. Pm'ing you...

seeker007nmss
02-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Those dreams that impart important factual things (or at least the manner of them in the dream is that they are facts) are sooo strange, because you get information in the dream that you've never even heard of in real life - or at least some of it you've never heard of. :shocked: It's usually some kind of secret/important thing, too.

I need an expert in 1st century writings! :laugh: Anybody know how/if 666 converts to NERO? any revalations experts out there? Does 616 really mean Caligula? Whats REALLY strange, is I just did a google search on roman emperors and they were both around the same time period. 1ST century!

37-41 Gaius (Caligula)
41-54 Claudius
Nero

I havent read much on Roman History, so couldn't have known this ahead of time. I have just a basic knowledge of the roman history, not specific order of emperors.

SPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOKYYYYY........:shocked:

Red
02-10-2006, 02:50 AM
I need an expert in 1st century writings! :laugh: Anybody know how/if 666 converts to NERO? any revalations experts out there? Does 616 really mean Caligula? Whats REALLY strange, is I just did a google search on roman emperors and they were both around the same time period. 1ST century!

37-41 Gaius (Caligula)
41-54 Claudius
Nero

I havent read much on Roman History, so couldn't have known this ahead of time. I have just a basic knowledge of the roman history, not specific order of emperors.

SPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOKYYYYY........:shocked:

Totally spooky!!!! Kinda like Stevie and the whole Rhiannon thing - not knowing the history before writing the song. Neat-o!

sara1998
02-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Colour is a big issue in this dream. Black is complicated, because, yes, it denotes death, but it also signifies potential for all colour, white being the absense of pigment. So the whole halfway house thing sounds like negativity, also the potential for all things good (colour).

Green is really intereseting because in colour theory, green is neither warm (reds, yellows, oranges) nor cool (blues, purples) but a synthesis of BOTH warm and cold. So really, you were all things to him and it sounds like you know he knew this, right?

I want to come back to this later, there's more.
WOW. :shocked: The whole green thing. Spot on. I want to hear more later... haha....

melly
02-10-2006, 04:25 PM
I had a dream a few nights back that I was at a very small Stevie concert being held.. on a raft in a swamp. The raft started to sink so me and Stevie (who was dressed in yellow if that makes any difference) had to wade over to the tech raft where Lindsey (looking circa Rumours tho Stevie was 2006 era) helped us try to sort out the electrics.. plugging these giant plugs into the.. ohh, is this like a sexual dream???? :eek:

Any interpretations welcomed.

Lala
02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
I had a dream last night that my friend (who is really coming back from Brazil soon) came home from Brazil. I was waiting outsider her house for her and a blue car pulled up. Her dad(?...I think...it was a guy) got out of the car and went into the back seat. He carried her out of the car and she way lying back, either unconscious, sleeping, or dead, with a blanket around her. Her hair was long and blonde (It's not in real life) and she looked like ****. Then a female doctor with short brown hair came with a blue stethescope.

Just wanted to get in on the dream interpretation fun.

LuckyCharms
02-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm attacking these one at a time, sugar!

Dreaming of what you know to be your own baby means that (at the time) you were acknowledging your own vulnerability and owning it. A great dream about self realization. How Shakespearean!:nod: A beautiful calm sunset, purple which is the cololor symbolizing hope and red (;) ) symbolizing of course, power love and energy...you really knew where you were going at the time.:nod:

Golly that is sweet! Of all my life decisions my kids were the best ones. :)

LuckyCharms
02-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I TOTALLY remember reading this that "going home" in a dream, spiritualistically anyway means approaching death.:eek: So the fact that you keep going off track is awesome!!! You're a death dodger! You'll never die!!

Cool! Remember that everyone, you'll never get rid of me! LOL! :laugh:

Thanks Red! :woohoo:

bretonbanquet
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I have unsettling dreams, but I love that stuff. Just last night I had a dream, and it didn't include Stevie Nicks :sorry:

I was in the Far East somewhere, on the edge of some rough, ugly town, and I was being chased by a group of people and I didn't know why. I had to run for ages until it looked like I had finally lost them.

I stopped at a crummy roadside stall where there was a guy selling cold drinks. He had some empty cans lined up so you could choose what you wanted. There was an orange can marked "Got To Touch", and I said I wanted some of that. He got all his cans out from his refrigerator and started panicking. "I'm sorry mister, I don't have any of that left."

So I pointed to a pale blue can marked "Worried Dream" and said, "I'll take some of that." He passed me the cold can and as I started to drink it, the gang of people came running up behind me and I had to start running all over again :distress: What a bummer. I don't recall the rest :laugh:

irishgrl
02-10-2006, 08:38 PM
um dream interpretation? its all about SEX baby! who's doing it, who's NOT doing it and wishes they were.....(EIGHT! a RECORD!) Where's HOMER to complain? :xoxo:

seeker007nmss
02-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Holy crap. What a dream. I think it most definately denotes the subconscious questions about religion you have. There has been so much talk lately about the things we *don't* know....in regards to the bible and Christian history, that even if you aren't Christian, it is still historically curious and interesting. (Da Vinci Code questions....the Dead Sea Scrolls....deleted information over the years....that type of thing.) Maybe you are just curious without even knowing it. And as far as Caligula, sheesh...I wouldn't know. Other than the good citizens who lived under his latter reign probably believed he wore the mark of the beast. Maybe you subconsciously equated his evil actions with the devil. Can't really disagree much with that. Or maybe it symbolizes you questioning of the existance of Satan. ??

Anyway, maybe you wonder if there is more to learn...more truth...more to the story. The old man tells you it's wrong, but in the end he verifies that they've been wrong before, and will be again...the the truth still perseveres. (the writings survived)

OR, who the hell knows on THAT one! :] No, really...that was really interesting, but I'll bet it has driven you nuts!

I am not sure. Organized relgions in general aren't my thing. I respect others paths (As long as they don't force their beliefs on others). Just another one of my weird dreams.......:D

Red
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I had a dream a few nights back that I was at a very small Stevie concert being held.. on a raft in a swamp. The raft started to sink so me and Stevie (who was dressed in yellow if that makes any difference) had to wade over to the tech raft where Lindsey (looking circa Rumours tho Stevie was 2006 era) helped us try to sort out the electrics.. plugging these giant plugs into the.. ohh, is this like a sexual dream???? :eek:

Any interpretations welcomed.

Swamps are really interesting in dreams as they mean that you are feeling overwhelmed with work, emotions etc.....literally to be "swamped".

Yellow is representative of the emotional self in dreams, so it sounds like you are trying to "stay above it all", while you and Stevie (in yellow) are on the raft, yet starting to sink. I used to have dreams like this all the time in college.

Giant plugs, hmm? Well you've answered your own question, now haven't you, perve??:lol: :lol:

Red
02-11-2006, 08:45 PM
I had a dream last night that my friend (who is really coming back from Brazil soon) came home from Brazil. I was waiting outsider her house for her and a blue car pulled up. Her dad(?...I think...it was a guy) got out of the car and went into the back seat. He carried her out of the car and she way lying back, either unconscious, sleeping, or dead, with a blanket around her. Her hair was long and blonde (It's not in real life) and she looked like ****. Then a female doctor with short brown hair came with a blue stethescope.

Just wanted to get in on the dream interpretation fun.

Blue is actually a healing colour, so I don't know if there was a necessity to heal your relationship with her, or you or she needed to heal emotionally, but that's what blue means in dreams.

Did you get the feeling that she was sleeping or that she had died? Were you worried for her or happy that she was home? A real basic explanation is that you've been concerned for her while she's been away and that she won't be herself when she returns.

Red
02-11-2006, 08:53 PM
I have unsettling dreams, but I love that stuff. Just last night I had a dream, and it didn't include Stevie Nicks :sorry:

I was in the Far East somewhere, on the edge of some rough, ugly town, and I was being chased by a group of people and I didn't know why. I had to run for ages until it looked like I had finally lost them.

I stopped at a crummy roadside stall where there was a guy selling cold drinks. He had some empty cans lined up so you could choose what you wanted. There was an orange can marked "Got To Touch", and I said I wanted some of that. He got all his cans out from his refrigerator and started panicking. "I'm sorry mister, I don't have any of that left."

So I pointed to a pale blue can marked "Worried Dream" and said, "I'll take some of that." He passed me the cold can and as I started to drink it, the gang of people came running up behind me and I had to start running all over again :distress: What a bummer. I don't recall the rest :laugh:

That guy selling the hold drinks totally duped you. Bastard-o!!

Being chased in dreams is super common and usually means that the dreamer is trying to escape responsibility. So do your chores.;)
Being chased can also mean that your own fear of failure can be getting the better of you. And who doesn't have a fear of failure? Prolly why this dream is so common.

CelticGypsy
02-11-2006, 10:48 PM
After a pretty interesting hijacked thread which morphed into dream interpretation/psychoanalysis, I now offer dream interpretations to those who are interested/crazy. So have at 'er. What dream have you had lately, bizarre or banal?

Most of my dreams take place in my parents old house (they don't live there anymore) and I am younger version of myself and sometimes my children are younger and sometimes I am single and attending college or high school and my friends I had back then are usually in my dreams. My hubby sometimes is in my dreams but it mainly centers on my mom (who is deceased now), my children, my friends and me as a younger woman.

Another dream which happened back in 2000.............. my mom, her friend and I are sitting inside a Catholic church. My mother is wearing her favorite red lace dress (she wore this a few times back in the 60's to dances with my dad) and I am talking to a good friend of my mom who is sitting on my right side in the pew and my mom goes to receive Communion and she comes to my side of the pew, sits down by me and hold my hands and looks me in the eyes and tells me that she loves me very much and she has to leave now. I just remember wondering why she was in her favorite red lace dress (something she would not have worn to church) and why she had to leave me there in the church with her friend. I then woke up from this dream and a few hours later my brother called to tell me my mother had passed away. I also had similar dream about my grandmother back in the late 70's before she passed away.

I sort of understand the dreams about my mom and grandmother but just wanted your take on them:angel:

Lala
02-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Did you get the feeling that she was sleeping or that she had died? Were you worried for her or happy that she was home?

I think at first I thought she was dead, and then I thought she was just very sick. I was happy she was home until I realized that she was sick/dead.

Richard B
02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Red,

Thanks for your dream interp on my horses. Now for the last 4 nights I have dreamed about the same thing; this time it's salt water fishes. I keep fussing over a marine aquarium and tending to shrimp, sea anemones and clown fish! What does it all mean?

Should I lay off the repeated viewings of Finding Nemo?

Red
02-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey Red,

Thanks for your dream interp on my horses. Now for the last 4 nights I have dreamed about the same thing; this time it's salt water fishes. I keep fussing over a marine aquarium and tending to shrimp, sea anemones and clown fish! What does it all mean?

Should I lay off the repeated viewings of Finding Nemo?

Hi Richard,

4 nights in a row, eh? Been to Red Lobster lately?:laugh:

Fish in dreams are usually a strong emotional symbol, putting you in touch often with your own spirituality - not religeon - but your own spirit. However the whole aquarium thing throws a wrench into this theory because basically you've got this powerful emotional symbol...contained. Controlled. The fact that you're fussing over the sea creatures makes me think that there's an emotional aspect of yourself you're trying to get out, yet quite literally like the fish in an aquarium, you're going in circles. Does this make sense to you?

Red
02-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Most of my dreams take place in my parents old house (they don't live there anymore) and I am younger version of myself and sometimes my children are younger and sometimes I am single and attending college or high school and my friends I had back then are usually in my dreams. My hubby sometimes is in my dreams but it mainly centers on my mom (who is deceased now), my children, my friends and me as a younger woman.

Another dream which happened back in 2000.............. my mom, her friend and I are sitting inside a Catholic church. My mother is wearing her favorite red lace dress (she wore this a few times back in the 60's to dances with my dad) and I am talking to a good friend of my mom who is sitting on my right side in the pew and my mom goes to receive Communion and she comes to my side of the pew, sits down by me and hold my hands and looks me in the eyes and tells me that she loves me very much and she has to leave now. I just remember wondering why she was in her favorite red lace dress (something she would not have worn to church) and why she had to leave me there in the church with her friend. I then woke up from this dream and a few hours later my brother called to tell me my mother had passed away. I also had similar dream about my grandmother back in the late 70's before she passed away.

I sort of understand the dreams about my mom and grandmother but just wanted your take on them:angel:

Hi there, and my apologies for the late response.

Dreaming of one's own past/childhood is actually a pretty literal translation, you are longing for a time when life was simple and had few responsiblities, particularly if you have a decent childhood to return to. This is also a common dream for mothers of young children.

Churches are also pretty literal as well - its a way of trying to find guidance in your life, whether you're a part of an organized religeon or not. The fact that your mother was there is probably that part of guidance that you may feel you're missing out on since she passed.

Red is by far the strongest of the spectral colors and has the most meanings: love, passion, anger, sensuality, stength, energy - the life force of colours.

I think you already know the answer to these dreams;)
If your mom could've hit you over the head with a frying pan to get through to you and say what she needed to say, she would've, but it looks like a red dress, in church, saying goodbye and leaving you with someone she cares about and trusts just might have done it. :)

Red
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
I think at first I thought she was dead, and then I thought she was just very sick. I was happy she was home until I realized that she was sick/dead.

Has she come home from Brazil yet? Have you talked to her about it?

To dream about others that are sick tends to mean that put others before you, often yourself last.

To dream of the death of a loved one (who hasn't died) often menas that they embody a personality trait or characteristic that you feel you lack. So I'm guessing you really admire this person and perhaps wish to have a virtue that she has.

CelticGypsy
02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Hi there, and my apologies for the late response.

Dreaming of one's own past/childhood is actually a pretty literal translation, you are longing for a time when life was simple and had few responsiblities, particularly if you have a decent childhood to return to. This is also a common dream for mothers of young children.

Churches are also pretty literal as well - its a way of trying to find guidance in your life, whether you're a part of an organized religeon or not. The fact that your mother was there is probably that part of guidance that you may feel you're missing out on since she passed.

Red is by far the strongest of the spectral colors and has the most meanings: love, passion, anger, sensuality, stength, energy - the life force of colours.

I think you already know the answer to these dreams;)
If your mom could've hit you over the head with a frying pan to get through to you and say what she needed to say, she would've, but it looks like a red dress, in church, saying goodbye and leaving you with someone she cares about and trusts just might have done it. :)

Thanks for your insight:) The dreams mean alot to me since I believe it was her way to connect with me since we lived so far away from each other. I wasn't able to be there with her at the end of her life.

Red
02-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks for your insight:) The dreams mean alot to me since I believe it was her way to connect with me since we lived so far away from each other. I wasn't able to be there with her at the end of her life.

Not to get all schmoopy, but don't you see it as being her way of bringing herself to you before she passed? I think that's wonderfully sweet dream to have.:nod:

Lala
02-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Has she come home from Brazil yet? Have you talked to her about it?

She's back. I think I told her about it but she didn't think much of it. Thanks for the interpretations! :wavey:

Richard B
02-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Hi Richard,

4 nights in a row, eh? Been to Red Lobster lately?:laugh:

Fish in dreams are usually a strong emotional symbol, putting you in touch often with your own spirituality - not religeon - but your own spirit. However the whole aquarium thing throws a wrench into this theory because basically you've got this powerful emotional symbol...contained. Controlled. The fact that you're fussing over the sea creatures makes me think that there's an emotional aspect of yourself you're trying to get out, yet quite literally like the fish in an aquarium, you're going in circles. Does this make sense to you?
It does make sense and is certainly food for thought.

Rachel, you're the best. Thanks for this. Is there anything I can do for you?

Red
02-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Is there anything I can do for you?

You single? :laugh:

Richard B
02-16-2006, 10:33 PM
You single? :laugh:
I am.

And as you know, I'm dealing with lot's of passion (horses) and now fish (emotions and spirituality)...so you plan on visiting LA soon?

LOL.

Red
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I am.

And as you know, I'm dealing with lot's of passion (horses) and now fish (emotions and spirituality)...so you plan on visiting LA soon?

LOL.

Hmm, I might have to now!:laugh:
Vegas is my next stop, that's close enough, right?:wavey:

Lee
02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Well, I can usually figure them out. Sometimes it takes awhile, but usually it really happens in the future in a weird code. Like once I dreamt I was getting married to a certain blues guitarist (like his music, but really not into him) & not to long after that, he announced his engagement for real. And I always dream about my deceased grandmother because I was close to her & I just think she visits with me every now & then because it makes me feel better & she knows I miss her.

This one is bugging me. I'm a big Nascar fan. I watched the Daytona 500 yesterday. I dreamt last night that I slept with a Nascar driver & it's not even the one I like & he's way younger than me! Of course if I told my husband, he would really be mad (though he always says that you can't help what you dream) & I can assure you, I'm not longing to sleep with this Nascar driver though I got to admit, it was a nice dream :shrug: Maybe it doesn't mean anything; I don't know.

Red, what do you think it means?

Lee :)

Lee
02-22-2006, 10:49 AM
OK, well, I guess you're stumped.:lol: That's OK. I know there is a link though because this driver likes Stevie Nicks, too, if that means anything.

Lee :)