PDA

View Full Version : "Orange who?"

ReFleetwoodMac
02-06-2006, 09:22 PM
"Orange you glad I didn't say banana?"

Why should we be glad now? I have never understood.

HomerMcvie
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Dork. Orange you glad I didn't say d*mbass?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid. That's what I do.

sara1998
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I kid. That's what I do.
You're not doing a bad job..... :lol:

... and orange is a snack.....

HomerMcvie
02-06-2006, 09:32 PM
You're not doing a bad job..... :lol:

... and orange is a snack.....
Spanks. Spanks a lot.

Orange is a color, too!

LuckyCharms
02-06-2006, 11:45 PM

I believe the repetition of the word "Banana" in this joke is intended to bring about intense rage directed at the fruit. This rage can only be relieved by none other than the word "Orange". For centuries the joke had no "Orange" punch line as it was a ploy of the monkeys to keep the delicious yellow crop all for themselves. Still to this day the true identity of the "Orange" bringer is unknown, and orange we glad for his genius.

snowman
02-07-2006, 09:37 AM

Am I missing something here? Because I think I left my trunk in Philadelphia.

paleshadow
02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Spanks. Spanks a lot.

Orange is a color, too!

But did you ever wonder what came first, the color or the fruit?

DavidMn
02-07-2006, 12:27 PM

Why should we be glad now? I have never understood.Do you prefer freshly squeezed or from concentrate?

HomerMcvie
02-07-2006, 01:28 PM
But did you ever wonder what came first, the color or the fruit?
Or the flavor?

I win!(oh wait, that's a different thread).:laugh:

strandinthewind
02-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Once LATE at night on a weekend (puff puff) I wrote the following:

Bananas ripen on the vine at night
in the morning you can eat them
put them in your cereal if you like
or peel and eat them then

all your life you've never eaten anything as good
such a spicy fruit flavor
would you have another with me together
would you like them fried

BANAAAAAAANNNAAAASSSSS

or something like that AND it was MF'ING hysterical at the time - so, yes, I am glad I said banana :cool:

LuckyCharms
02-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Once LATE at night on a weekend (puff puff) I wrote the following:

Bananas ripen on the vine at night
in the morning you can eat them
put them in your cereal if you like
or peel and eat them then

all your life you've never eaten anything as good
such a spicy fruit flavor
would you have another with me together
would you like them fried

BANAAAAAAANNNAAAASSSSS

or something like that AND it was MF'ING hysterical at the time - so, yes, I am glad I said banana :cool:

:laugh:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Chiquita Banana Girl! LOL!

GypsySorcerer
02-07-2006, 06:11 PM
This **** is bananas.

DavidMn
02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I want an orange julius RIGHT FRIGGIN NOW!!!!:lol:

HomerMcvie
02-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Are we forbidden from talking about the Deanna/religion thread?:confused: :confused: :confused:
I waited allllllll day to post, so I'd put it exactly as I wanted it.........now, I can't.:shocked:

DavidMn
02-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Are we forbidden from talking about the Deanna/religion thread?:confused: :confused: :confused:
I waited allllllll day to post, so I'd put it exactly as I wanted it.........now, I can't.:shocked:I'm not sure what hapened there. WHat does it mean when something is moved?

DavidMn
02-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Go ahead and post your resposne here Homer. The mods are trying to figure out what to do with that thread. If we reinstate it, I'll move your post accordingly. :)Did it get a little too feisty in there?

gldstwmn
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure what hapened there. WHat does it mean when something is moved?

It's like the five second delay in radio or tv. :lol: When threads get "unruly," we dump them.

gldstwmn
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Did it get a little too feisty in there?

The mods felt that it did. It may reappear, though.

DavidMn
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
It's like the five second delay in radio or tv. :lol: When threads get "unruly," we dump them.Yes, I figured that might happen there. Too bad people cant keep their emotions in check sometimes. Oh well, I guess we're all guilty of that sometimes.

ReFleetwoodMac
02-08-2006, 03:24 PM

So nobody knows the answer? Or are you just not willing to take the question seriously?

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 04:16 PM
So nobody knows the answer? Or are you just not willing to take the question seriously?

Because "Banana" is said over and over again in the joke, the person being told joke is supposed to be confused as to why this is happening. Then the joke teller says the orange bit and the listener has a good chuckle. :shrug: If there's a deeper layer to this you'll have to fill me in. I'm the type of person who plays with a rubix cube for about two seconds then resorts to switching the stickers around. :woohoo:

ReFleetwoodMac
02-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Banana is said over and over again? Popular culture must omit this portion of the joke most of the time.

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Banana is said over and over again? Popular culture must omit this portion of the joke most of the time.

Well how bout you tell me the joke in it's entirety as you know it and we'll go from there. I'll have my secretary put on a fresh pot of coffee and hold my calls. As I do when giving things thought I will be wearing my monacle. I have a spare monacle also if you like. :woohoo:

ReFleetwoodMac
02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Add a "Knock knock" and a "who's there" before the title and the first half of the first post of the thread and you've got my understand of the joke thus far. I think we may need to recruit some experts in the field to clear some of this up. Our feeble minds, well, you know.

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Add a "Knock knock" and a "who's there" before the title and the first half of the first post of the thread and you've got my understand of the joke thus far. I think we may need to recruit some experts in the field to clear some of this up. Our feeble minds, well, you know.

Here we go, I copied and pasted it from a website! Me so clever! (the monacle, it works wonders) :)

Knock, knock
Who's there?
Banana
Banana who?
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Banana
Banana who?
Knock, knock
Who's there?
Orange
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

So.....orange you glad?

ReFleetwoodMac
02-08-2006, 08:19 PM
But you were thrown a shocking curve with the orange thing. You were made a fool of. Nobody is glad to be made a fool of. These people should be ashamed of themselves for creating such a spiteful, hurtful joke and spreading it around the world. Sickening. I may not get to sleep tonight.

JazmenFlowers
02-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I know the answer. And I never take your questions seriously.

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 08:35 PM
But you were thrown a shocking curve with the orange thing. You were made a fool of. Nobody is glad to be made a fool of. These people should be ashamed of themselves for creating such a spiteful, hurtful joke and spreading it around the world. Sickening. I may not get to sleep tonight.

Heavens no! That joke is as pure as the driven snow. Now if wicked spirited Tom Foolery is what you'd like an example of, have a look at this:

What were you eating under there?

The unsuspecting victim answers:

Under where?

The listener has now admited to eating underwear and shall suffer this shame until his or her doom.

ReFleetwoodMac
02-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Or what up the Up Dog one?

Human A asks - Is it me or does it smell like Up Dog in here?

Human B must inevitably ask What's "Up Dog"?

What human B doesn't realize is that he just unknowingly asked Human A "What's up?" and called him "dog." Human A of course rubs it in by responding with "Nothin' much, how 'bout you" and Human B slinks away into the night feeling used and manipulated. I may not sleep for the next couple of nights.

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Now that is a doozy, I certainly wouldn't want that to happen to me. It does remind me of another ruthless trickster of a joke though:

The teller says

Say "I" then spell "cup"

The victim, willing to go along out of couriosity replies

I-C-U-P

Thus branding the victim a peeper leaving no bathroom door unlocked in his or her presence.

SomeKindaMother
02-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Heavens no! That joke is as pure as the driven snow. Now if wicked spirited Tom Foolery is what you'd like an example of, have a look at this:

What were you eating under there?

The unsuspecting victim answers:

Under where?

The listener has now admited to eating underwear and shall suffer this shame until his or her doom.

All my kids loved to 'get' me with this one when they were a certain age. They would get me repeatedly and thought it was hysterical. They couldn't believe how I'd fall for it every time. ;)

Kelly :)

SomeKindaMother
02-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Or what up the Up Dog one?

Human A asks - Is it me or does it smell like Up Dog in here?

Human B must inevitably ask What's "Up Dog"?

What human B doesn't realize is that he just unknowingly asked Human A "What's up?" and called him "dog." Human A of course rubs it in by responding with "Nothin' much, how 'bout you" and Human B slinks away into the night feeling used and manipulated. I may not sleep for the next couple of nights.

My own brother got me with that one just a couple months ago, dadgum him anyway. I totally didn't see it coming. I'm still plotting revenge, so I'm open to non violent PG or lower rated suggestions.

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
All my kids loved to 'get' me with this one when they were a certain age. They would get me repeatedly and thought it was hysterical. They couldn't believe how I'd fall for it every time. ;)

I always tried to get people but they never fell for it, I'm like the worst prankster on the planet, LOL!

SomeKindaMother
02-08-2006, 11:16 PM
I always tried to get people but they never fell for it, I'm like the worst prankster on the planet, LOL!

Try it on your Mama...*she'll* fall for it!! ;) ;)

Red
02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
I so have to use that. Brilliant!!!

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
My own brother got me with that one just a couple months ago, dadgum him anyway. I totally didn't see it coming. I'm still plotting revenge, so I'm open to non violent PG or lower rated suggestions.

Here's my favorite:

Ask him

What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor?

Then you giggle alot and insist he guess and guess, he will become very aggitated.

The answer is:

Where's my tractor?

That's like my favorite joke, I don't even know where the heck I heard it, LOL.

SomeKindaMother
02-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Here's my favorite:

Ask him

What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor?

Then you giggle alot and insist he guess and guess, he will become very aggitated.

The answer is:

Where's my tractor?

That's like my favorite joke, I don't even know where the heck I heard it, LOL.

Oh, there it is. I'll let you know how it goes, since this is a team effort. He's hard to get though, but I'm hopeful. THANKS!

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Try it on your Mama...*she'll* fall for it!! ;) ;)

OMG! My mom falls for anything, LOL! It's a pro sport in our family to pick on her. One time at the gas station she couldn't figure out how to work the pump, she had the clerk barking at her over the speaker and me bagging on her about not knowing how to work it, LOL! So she finally gets so mad that she sticks the nozzle to the window and threatens to spray gas all over me, which was super funny cause how could she spray gas on me if she couldn't get it to work? LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Oh, there it is. I'll let you know how it goes, since this is a team effort. He's hard to get though, but I'm hopeful. THANKS!

Cool! :thumbsup: I'm excited to hear the results!

SomeKindaMother
02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
OMG! My mom falls for anything, LOL! It's a pro sport in our family to pick on her. One time at the gas station she couldn't figure out how to work the pump, she had the clerk barking at her over the speaker and me bagging on her about not knowing how to work it, LOL! So she finally gets so mad that she sticks the nozzle to the window and threatens to spray gas all over me, which was super funny cause how could she spray gas on me if she couldn't get it to work? LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:lol: :lol: Oh my gosh!! She sounds like so much fun. But actually, that sounds like a situation I might find myself in from time to time. I mean, WHY does every single gas pump require the debit card to be inserted differently? Who can remember? And the dumb illustration is just, well...confusing. :confused: :lol: I feel her pain.

LuckyCharms
02-08-2006, 11:42 PM
:lol: :lol: Oh my gosh!! She sounds like so much fun. But actually, that sounds like a situation I might find myself in from time to time. I mean, WHY does every single gas pump require the debit card to be inserted differently? Who can remember? And the dumb illustration is just, well...confusing. :confused: :lol: I feel her pain.

I can assure you she's worse! All she had to do was push the pay inside button, and the lady was yelling at her to do it and she still couldn't figure it out, LOL! I can't imagine her paying at the pump she'd probably pass out from the brain surges! She's always doing stuff like that. One time she brushed her teeth with Ben Gay, and another time a spider bit her and she grabbed it to make sure it wasn't poisinous and it bit her again. One day when she came to visit me with her dogs, she stayed for a while then about 2 minutes after she left I realized she left the dogs behind, LOL! She had no clue for hours and her husband finally asked where the hell the dogs were and he came over to get them shaking his head the whole time :laugh: :laugh: The list is infinite, and those were the only ones I could think of at the moment :laugh: