PDA

View Full Version : The Three Stooges

AliceLover
02-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Cmon where are the fans????? :laugh:

I love them, ive loved them since I was a kid and still laugh at the Shorts today. I don't think ive ever seen them mentioned on here before. I like Shemp a lot but Joe I could do without. Curly is great too!

So any other fans?

UnwindedDreams
02-03-2006, 10:12 PM
:wavey: Love 'em! Love 'em! Love 'em!!!:blob2: :blob1:

mylittledemon
02-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I think I've shared this before in years past, but my dad's brother David (my uncle) took care of "Larry" in his later years when he lived in Florida. Uncle David has tons of photos with him in a photo album in his room. I remember thinking it was the coolest thing when I was a kid.

AliceLover
02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
I think I've shared this before in years past, but my dad's brother David (my uncle) took care of "Larry" in his later years when he lived in Florida. Uncle David has tons of photos with him in a photo album in his room. I remember thinking it was the coolest thing when I was a kid.

That is so cool! I never knew that. If i remember correctly they all died pretty young....Well Curly and Shemp i'm pretty sure died in the 1950's. I have always wanted to see an interview with a stooge.

mylittledemon
02-03-2006, 11:59 PM
That is so cool! I never knew that. If i remember correctly they all died pretty young....Well Curly and Shemp i'm pretty sure died in the 1950's. I have always wanted to see an interview with a stooge.

Yeah I will have to ask uncle David about it some more. From what I remember, when they lived in Miami David worked for him as a personal assistant of sorts. Then in the early 70s I think Larry went back to his California home when he became ill.

Brwn_eyes0511
02-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah I will have to ask uncle David about it some more. From what I remember, when they lived in Miami David worked for him as a personal assistant of sorts. Then in the early 70s I think Larry went back to his California home when he became ill.

off topic: How have you been doing Brandon? Seems like you have been away for a while now.

HomerMcvie
02-04-2006, 03:55 AM
I have two TV specials on tape, of the Three Stooges. One, an A&E Biography. The other, a two hour Three Stooges special that Alan Thicke hosted, like 10-15 years ago.

AliceLover
02-04-2006, 12:50 PM
I have two TV specials on tape, of the Three Stooges. One, an A&E Biography. The other, a two hour Three Stooges special that Alan Thicke hosted, like 10-15 years ago.

I think I remember seeing the Alan Thicke one. He showed how they used the fake glass bottles to hit each other with. I remember he used one on himself and said it was made of sugar and water or somethin.

Speaking of they are on right now......"Matriphony"