PDA

View Full Version : Another obscure Greeny track?

Mario
07-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Hello from sunny Italy!

As many of you already knew, Castle/Sanctuary has recently released a Peter Bardens anthology called "Write My Name In The Dust".

This double set cd features just one unreleased track "Long Ago, Far Away" which was taken from the sessions for "The Answer" anlbum.

So Greeny should have been playing on it........there is some good guitar here and there, but I cannot be sure to reconize Peter Green sound.

Any input?

Mario.

sharksfan2000
07-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Mario, BklynBlue posted about this track in a thread on the Pre-Rumours board a few weeks ago: Any new Peter Green material on the Pete Bardens Anthology? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?p=315400#post315400)

dino
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Hello from sunny Italy!

As many of you already knew, Castle/Sanctuary has recently released a Peter Bardens anthology called "Write My Name In The Dust".

This double set cd features just one unreleased track "Long Ago, Far Away" which was taken from the sessions for "The Answer" anlbum.

So Greeny should have been playing on it........there is some good guitar here and there, but I cannot be sure to reconize Peter Green sound.

Any input?

Mario.

I bought the Bardens compilation today...pretty sure that's Greeny
on "Long Ago, Far Away" - but he's not that high in the mix.
Otherwise it would be one Andy Gee - and he doesn't sound like
Peter at all on the later tracks he appears on (the "Peter Bardens" album)