PDA

View Full Version : Rare photo of Peter

dansven
06-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I haven't seen this photo of Peter before. It's from the mid-70s, and I guess the medications had made him gain some weight.

It makes me a bit sad, even though he smiles.. But I thought I'd post it here since it is quite rare.

I'm sorry about the bad quality. It's from an article called "The Jewish Boy Who Wandered Too Far From Home - After Nine Years In The Wasteland Peter Green talks to Steve Clarke". But I don't know the exact date, late 70s I guess. It is hard to read anything else of the text on the original photo, but it seems to come from some sort of newspaper.

Daniel

sharksfan2000
06-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Nice find, Daniel. I've never seen that photo before. Steve Clarke was the co-author of a book called "Fleetwood Mac - Rumours n' Fax" from the late '70s. He worked at the New Musical Express, so I'm guessing that article was from the NME.

dansven
06-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks Sharkfan2000! :)

I thought I'd better post the whole picture...

sharksfan2000
06-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Daniel! Just curious, where did you find the photo of that article? It would be great to find the real thing, or at least a photo clear enough so we could read the text...

dansven
06-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Well, actually I found it on eBay :o
Yes, it's too bad about the quality.. And I've tried to search for Steve Clarke on the internet, but I didn't find much.

Mario
06-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Hello from sunny Italy.

I do have that article.

It's from June 1978, Peter had just finished the studio recordings for "In The Skies" and also stated he really played on "Brown Eyes" from "Tusk.

It's interesting to see that Peter Vernon Kell said that 6 more tracks were recorded, but left off the actual album.

So where are they?

Mario.

sharksfan2000
06-20-2005, 11:24 AM
It's interesting to see that Peter Vernon Kell said that 6 more tracks were recorded, but left off the actual album.
That is interesting - wonder if one of them could be the "Refugee" track that is referred to in a couple of publications (Mick Fleetwood had mentioned at that time that Peter had written it during his Fleetwood Mac days, that it reminded him of "Albatross", and that it might be released as a single). There was a brief discussion about this track last year on the Pre-Rumours board, and we thought that the single version of "Apostle" could possibly be that track, just re-titled - but if there are more unreleased tracks, who knows?

mzero
06-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Hello from sunny Italy.

I do have that article....

Mario.

hi mario, any chance you could post the article to the bla? that would be great to read.

zero

dansven
06-21-2005, 05:37 AM
Thank you for the info about the article, Mario! :)

So they recorded 6 more tracks... And "The Refugee" I'd forgotten all about. I'm sure PVK has some alternate takes of already released songs in the vaults too. And I wouldn't mind if Peter's singing or playing weren't 100% - I'm sure many would buy, if they were ever released!

When it comes to outtakes from the "In The Skies" sessions, I've always thought that "Funky Jam" from "Kolors" was one. I've never listened much to it, because the overdubs annoys me, but it is the same funky style. And Peter VK said that much of the "In The Skies" album was made up of studio jamming. Of course I'm just guessing... Any suggestions?

Daniel

GODDESS6
06-21-2005, 06:40 AM
wow this is all soooo interesting, thanx so much for enlightening me, & posting that pic, it makes me sad too~ the whole story of peter makes me sad :distress: ~ god bless him!!!~

Wouter Vuijk
08-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you for the info about the article, Mario! :)

So they recorded 6 more tracks... And "The Refugee" I'd forgotten all about. I'm sure PVK has some alternate takes of already released songs in the vaults too. And I wouldn't mind if Peter's singing or playing weren't 100% - I'm sure many would buy, if they were ever released!

Daniel

Maybe releasing those tracks could help PVK? As far as I understand there is a mentioning of bankruptcy???
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/IIRCaseIndivDetail.asp?CaseId=42316034&IndivNo=1&Court=KOT&OfficeID=26&CaseType=B

yeti
08-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Maybe releasing those tracks could help PVK? As far as I understand there is a mentioning of bankruptcy???
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/IIRCaseIndivDetail.asp?CaseId=42316034&IndivNo=1&Court=KOT&OfficeID=26&CaseType=B

Hi, anybody know how to get a hold of PVK ( Peter Vernon Kell)?
And how about this for a rare picture of Peter Green?
http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww278/yeti64/300dpiPetergreen014.jpg

sharksfan2000
08-26-2009, 11:45 PM
And how about this for a rare picture of Peter Green?
Nice photo - thanks for sharing, yeti! Can you tell us anything about where and when it was taken? Is that you in the photo with Peter?

Norton
08-27-2009, 04:07 AM
Quote:-
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/II...=26&CaseType=B

Insolvency Case Details
Case Name PETER VERNON-KELL
Court Kingston-upon-Thames County Court
Type Bankruptcy
Number 0000501
Case Year 2008
Order Date 05 June 2008
Status Discharged On 05 June 2009
Case Description PETER VERNON-KELL, a self-employed Record Producer, of and trading from Noble House, 12 Station Road, Thames Ditton, Surrey KT7 0NR

The status of Discharged one year later suggests that he is no longer bankrupt

zoork_1
08-27-2009, 04:41 AM
[...]...And how about this for a rare picture of Peter Green?

Great picture, thanks for sharing

/z

yeti
08-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Nice photo - thanks for sharing, yeti! Can you tell us anything about where and when it was taken? Is that you in the photo with Peter?

Nope, that's Frank Lucido, (LA guitar dealer). The picture was taken in Frank's living room back in 79. Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green, both living in LA, where guitar shopping and Mick ended up buying that guitar ( a 1960 les paul standard). He had 3 mint condition vintage Les Pauls to choose from but picked the worn 1960 instead.
Martin Celmins wrote in his Peter Green Bio:

"Mick went with Peter to buy him a replacement guitar-exactly the same kind of 1959 sunburst Les Paul that he had played in Fleetwood Mac, bought from a collector for $5,000. Peter was overjoyed to have it, yet shortly afterwards he gave it away to a stranger he met in the hotel lift who said he liked music.Peter V.K. , not unreasonably, freaked when he found out. Mercifully the beautiful 1959 Gibson was soon traced to the local pawnbrokers where its extremely temporary new owner - a hustler and space cadet - had promptly taken it to get a $200 more with which to score that day."

Well, it was a 1960 and it changed hands for $2,500, not 5 grand, but that's not really that important. What's important is what happened to that guitar.
If you want to know check out the July 2009 issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine (here in the US) or go to:www.myspace.com/greenysotherburst

sharksfan2000
08-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the background story on that photo, yeti, and the link to the Vintage Guitar article too.

dino
08-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, thanks!

yeti
08-27-2009, 04:00 PM
here's a bit more info on the guitar. I'd love to get a hold of PVK since he probably knows a bit more about the whereabouts of the guitar. Thanks
Werner

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158329