PDA

View Full Version : An odd eBay auction

macfan 57
04-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Here's a pretty strange auction on eBay. It's a 45 with an interview/music by Christine & John McVie(5 minutes long). THIS 45 WAS MADE FOR THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH FOR "PUBLIC SERVICE RELIGIOUS BROADCAST." (JUNE 1978). Very strange.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4722439851&rd=1

ThePenguin
04-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Here's a pretty strange auction on eBay. It's a 45 with an interview/music by Christine & John McVie(5 minutes long). THIS 45 WAS MADE FOR THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH FOR "PUBLIC SERVICE RELIGIOUS BROADCAST." (JUNE 1978). Very strange.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4722439851&rd=1

I have this on tape somewhere. It's short and sort of odd. I think I recall the host stressing how the 2 "have separated, but have no plans to divorce." I suppose a divorce wouldn't go over too well w/ the whole religious aspect LOL. I should dig it up and listen again; i think it sounded almost like they were at an outdoor cafe w/ traffic sounds in the background etc.

If I didn't already have it I'd bid on it for sure LOL.

-Lis

HomerMcvie
04-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Whoever gets this should mp3 it, and share it. I'll probably bid, too. I'm a slight Blackhawk fan, so I'd like the Henry Paul interview, too.

macfan 57
04-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Whoever gets this should mp3 it, and share it.

That's a good idea. :nod:

I'll probably bid, too.

If you do bid Homer, good luck :) I'm not going to since I have no way to transfer it from vinyl to mp3. It sounds so bizarre...an interview with the McVies for a religious radio broadcast. It's hard to imagine. :laugh:

Lis, if you have a chance to listen to your tape, can you post a transcript of the interview? The auction listing says it's only 5 minutes long, so it must be pretty short. I don't know if that also includes the Fleetwood Mac music or not.

HomerMcvie
04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
It sounds so bizarre...an interview with the McVies for a religious radio broadcast. It's hard to imagine. :laugh:
Exactly! It does sound bizarre, and that's why I want it! :thumbsup:

ThePenguin
04-23-2005, 08:27 PM
If you do bid Homer, good luck :) I'm not going to since I have no way to transfer it from vinyl to mp3. It sounds so bizarre...an interview with the McVies for a religious radio broadcast. It's hard to imagine. :laugh:

Lis, if you have a chance to listen to your tape, can you post a transcript of the interview? The auction listing says it's only 5 minutes long, so it must be pretty short. I don't know if that also includes the Fleetwood Mac music or not.

I will try to do that, but probably won't be able to until Tuesday, when the kids are out of the house! Maybe tomorrow I can get to it....

It really was fairly short.....I don't think it was 'religious' at all....
Actually here are my 'notes' on my trade list as to what's on it:

1976 brief interview w/ John and Chris w/ Bill Heuy (preachy/christian type commentary, odd)-- they discuss beginnigs w/ John Mayall, group doesn't hold auditions, didn't initially want another girl in band because that would take spotlight away from Chris, Stevie is good at what she does, stress of life on the road on their relationship.
They did the interview together and sound OK w/ each other, although I suppose they were 'split' by then. ?? :(

-Lis

macfan 57
04-24-2005, 05:49 AM
I will try to do that, but probably won't be able to until Tuesday, when the kids are out of the house! Maybe tomorrow I can get to it....

It really was fairly short.....I don't think it was 'religious' at all....
Actually here are my 'notes' on my trade list as to what's on it:

1976 brief interview w/ John and Chris w/ Bill Heuy (preachy/christian type commentary, odd)-- they discuss beginnigs w/ John Mayall, group doesn't hold auditions, didn't initially want another girl in band because that would take spotlight away from Chris, Stevie is good at what she does, stress of life on the road on their relationship.
They did the interview together and sound OK w/ each other, although I suppose they were 'split' by then. ?? :(

-Lis

Thanks, Lis. :) There's no hurry, whenever you have a chance. This interview still doesn't make sense in a religious context. :confused: I must have missed this on your trade list. I thought I had everything Chris related. :laugh: