PDA

View Full Version : little comments about Chris

ThePenguin
03-20-2005, 10:52 PM
http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/entries/228

I will try to ignore the fact that people are calling her Christie. :shrug:

-Lis

* I was listening to Fleetwood Mac earlier, and came to the realization that Christie McVie is totally the George Harrison of that band, which is to say an underappreciated singer/songwriter who contributed more songs you like than you probably realize. Cases in point: "You Make Loving Fun" and "Say You Love Me," which are fabulous tunes that make me smile, not unlike "Here Comes the Sun" or "Something." So while you're falling all over yourself to proclaim the pop genius of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, I do hope you'll take a moment for Mrs. McVie. She's good too.

Thoughts?

On Cristie McVie tough I never had the pleasure of meeting her as a studio musician who has played with George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Dave Mason, and many more as a guitar and keyboard player. I had great admiration for her wonderfull voice and song writing. Also I had a great crush on her. Song Bird was my favorite song just by it's spiritual lyric's.

Charlie V. Apple Corps
Comment from chrlvio - 3/16/04 9:53 PM

Let us all remember that Christie McVie was with Fleedwood Mac well before Stevie Nicks, and, in my opinion, did superior work by far.
Comment from bchand1118 - 11/20/03 12:06 AM

briefly...Christie McVie is the creative soul behind the Mac's dark exterior. Yet for
most of us, she's the 'other chick' in the band. And that from someone who doesn't listen to the Fleetwood ensemble all that much! She's the 'Willow' to
Stevie's 'Buffy'. later jay
Comment from slacbacmac - 9/26/03 4:52 PM

macfan 57
03-21-2005, 07:20 AM
I'll try to ignore "Christie" McVie. :laugh: That always annoys me. It's CHRISTINE. But, I LOVE the comparison to George Harrison. There are musical similarites as well as personal similarities. Both Chris & George were classy & unpretentious. I'll bet she'd take that comparison as a huge compliment. Christine & George are my 2 favorite musicians of all time.

By the way, how nice to see a thread about Christine in the Christine forum. ;) Thanks, Lis. :)

Gailh
03-21-2005, 07:54 AM
By the way, how nice to see a thread about Christine in the Christine forum. ;) Thanks, Lis. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gail

HomerMcvie
03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Really. I come here to escape the twirly one, and her drones. :lol: :rolleyes: :sorry:
Long live Christine!