PDA

View Full Version : Have we seen this?

dougl
02-26-2005, 01:06 AM
Stumbled upon this while surfin' around...

http://www.arizonalily.org/lilyflower/macs/lin-chris/index.shtml

NicksIllume
02-26-2005, 01:21 AM
:eek: I have never seen that before!

jbrownsjr
02-26-2005, 03:52 AM
i think i have

macfan 57
02-26-2005, 07:35 AM
I hadn't seen that before & I'm a huge Beatles fan. Thanks for posting. :)

I definitely wouldn't have put Linda in Christine's class, at least musically. Personally though, there are some similarities. And, I didn't know that John had proposed to Chris at the Bag O'Nails.

ThePenguin
02-26-2005, 08:27 AM
I hadn't seen that before & I'm a huge Beatles fan. Thanks for posting. :)

I definitely wouldn't have put Linda in Christine's class, at least musically. Personally though, there are some similarities. And, I didn't know that John had proposed to Chris at the Bag O'Nails.

Didn't you read my J/C story?! It's in there, missy! :rolleyes: I wonder if it was a spur of the moment thing or a planned proposal. He'd only been home a few days, how much planning could there have been? aaaahhh, one of life's little mysteries...

I had seen site that before, it's interesting and they did have a bit in common, but no way is Linda comparable to Chris musically. But then I'm a bit biased. :woohoo: I think Paul was hearing Linda's voice through rose- colored ears. ;)

-Lis

macfan 57
02-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Didn't you read my J/C story?! It's in there, missy! :rolleyes: I wonder if it was a spur of the moment thing or a planned proposal. He'd only been home a few days, how much planning could there have been? aaaahhh, one of life's little mysteries...

I had seen site that before, it's interesting and they did have a bit in common, but no way is Linda comparable to Chris musically. But then I'm a bit biased. :woohoo: I think Paul was hearing Linda's voice through rose- colored ears. ;)

-Lis

Oh no, you're right. :p I'd missed that in the John/Chris story. :)

I liked Linda to some degree(certainly more than Yoko Ono :eek: ), but she sang pretty out of tune on many of those old Wings songs. As far as keyboard players go, you can't even begin to compare them.

GateandGarden
02-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Stumbled upon this while surfin' around...

http://www.arizonalily.org/lilyflower/macs/lin-chris/index.shtmlThanks for posting that! I'd never seen it before. I still think Christine Perfect is a cool name and would love it if she hadn't changed it, but then I suppose I can understand why she wanted to do that.

NicksIllume
02-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for posting that! I'd never seen it before. I still think Christine Perfect is a cool name and would love it if she hadn't changed it, but then I suppose I can understand why she wanted to do that.

I always think of that clip of her talking about her childhood. "Well, I certainly hope you are, Christine." By the way, anyone know where I could find that?

jbrownsjr
02-26-2005, 12:42 PM
It used to be on a CM website. Maybe in her biography here on this sight? I can't remember.

ThePenguin
02-26-2005, 02:46 PM
It used to be on a CM website. Maybe in her biography here on this sight? I can't remember.

We did use to have it in her bio, but I think the hard drive crashed years ago and we never quite got that clip back up....?

-Lis

aleuzzi
02-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Linda McCartney was not an accomplished musician, nor was she much of a singer. I don;t think there's much of a look connection, either: if one of these women were brunette, the comparison woudn't have been made.

jbrownsjr
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Linda McCartney was not an accomplished musician, nor was she much of a singer. I don;t think there's much of a look connection, either: if one of these women were brunette, the comparison woudn't have been made.

i tend to agree