PDA

View Full Version : Any news about 'Christine Perfect' Reissue?

Johnny Stew
02-02-2005, 07:03 PM
I've been wondering what happened to the remastered version of 'Christine Perfect' that was supposed to be released last year.

Does anyone have any new info about it? I'm chomping at the bit waiting for it.

macfan 57
02-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I have heard nothing about this. I hope Mike Vernon hasn't changed his mind about re-releasing everything on the Blue Horizon label. I check Amazon U.K. every day to see if it's on there. Believe me, if I see or hear anything about it, I'll post it here. :)

Brwn_eyes0511
02-02-2005, 07:17 PM
I've been wondering what happened to the remastered version of 'Christine Perfect' that was supposed to be released last year.

Does anyone have any new info about it? I'm chomping at the bit waiting for it.

Oh wow, I didn't know it was supposed to be released last year! They need to hurry! :nod:

Although Christine probably wouldn't want anyone to buy it...bless her heart she isn't that fond of it. But I actually like it.

macfan 57
02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Although Christine probably wouldn't want anyone to buy it...bless her heart she isn't that fond of it. But I actually like it.

That's kind of an understatement. If she had her way, she'd probably have the original tapes of the album destroyed. :laugh:

NicksIllume
02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
If Christine had her way, every copy of the album would be crushed into a million and one pieces then burned for good measure. :laugh:

Brwn_eyes0511
02-02-2005, 08:30 PM
If Christine had her way, every copy of the album would be crushed into a million and one pieces then burned for good measure. :laugh:

LOL...She has said that there is one song on their that she is pround of. I forget which one. She said it on the VH1 Classics interview last year.

I wonder why she doesn't enjoy that album? I quit enjoy it.

ThePenguin
02-02-2005, 10:19 PM
LOL...She has said that there is one song on their that she is pround of. I forget which one. She said it on the VH1 Classics interview last year.

Probably 'I'd Rather Go Blind'. And she didn't write that, she just was happy w/ how she sung it. I don't think she liked any that she wrote!! :rolleyes:

-Lis

diamondsnake
02-06-2005, 11:35 PM
I love I'd rather go blind... I have that 45 and I think I am going to go listen to it!

jwd
02-07-2005, 12:35 AM

You know I actually like that one quite a bit myself, if I'm in the mood for a little blues from Christine. I think Chris dislikes the record mainly because she feels she has improved so much on her writing and singing skills since then, and is slightly embarrassed by her earlier work.

GateandGarden
02-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I think Chris dislikes the record mainly because she feels she has improved so much on her writing and singing skills since then, and is slightly embarrassed by her earlier work.I'm willing to bet that's the case. It's easy to see how she has improved dramatically as a singer and a songwriter since then, but I still enjoy the songs I've heard from that album. "Crazy 'Bout You" is among my favorites of hers. I can't blame her for disliking the album because aren't we all our worst critics usually?

jwd
02-07-2005, 09:28 PM
I can't blame her for disliking the album because aren't we all our worst critics usually?

Yes Hilary, usually that is the case.

I actually got around to watching the Jeremy Spencer interview from the Madison Blues set this past weekend. To say the least, it was a good interview and shed a little light on some of what was going on in the band at the time.To my astonishment, I had no idea that Jeremy actually opted to release a solo record, after encouragement from the band, at the time "Then Play On" was released. Mainly due to the fact that his music just wasn't fitting in with the rest of the songs. And if I understood the interview correctly he had nothing to do with that FM record. I know he doesn't have any songs on it. But there he is, on the inner sleeve, pictured with the rest of the band. :confused: As the band progressed towards a more pop/rock sound, especially with the addition of Danny Kirwan, he said he felt like he was stuck in a 50s rock time wharp(the music he really loved). I suppose he felt like he was out of place within the band. When he left the band with very little self confidence in himself or his playing, he was surprised to hear that the rest of the band commented on how they thought he was at the top of his game then. Can I hear a "Kiln House"! :]

ThePenguin
02-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Yes Hilary, usually that is the case.

I actually got around to watching the Jeremy Spencer interview from the Madison Blues set this past weekend. To say the least, it was a good interview and shed a little light on some of what was going on in the band at the time. :]

I found that Jeremy interview really interesting (although for life of me I can't understand why no one gave that poor man a tissue when he was sniffling so!) He had great recall of some neat details. I remember feeling sort of sorry for him when he said something along the lines of how he had to 'spoof' the oldies, because no one would take it seriously if he played it from his heart, which is I guess is what he wished he could do, as he loved that 50's music.

-Lis

jwd
02-07-2005, 11:33 PM
I remember feeling sort of sorry for him when he said something along the lines of how he had to 'spoof' the oldies, because no one would take it seriously if he played it from his heart, which is I guess is what he wished he could do, as he loved that 50's music.

Yea Lis, I think it was all part of him trying to make it "fit" into the music of the day and within Fleetwood Mac. I think the guy was really tormented, "trapped" in Fleetwoood Mac. How bizarre was it when he said he prayed to God to get him out of the band, and the next day he met a member of The Children of God. :eek:

Getting way off topic here, but another neat story he told was Peter Green naming the band after Mick and John because he said he wanted to leave his friends with something, knowing that he and Jeremy would leave the band one day.

ThePenguin
02-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Yea Lis, I think it was all part of him trying to make it "fit" into the music of the day and within Fleetwood Mac. I think the guy was really tormented, "trapped" in Fleetwoood Mac. How bizarre was it when he said he prayed to God to get him out of the band, and the next day he met a member of The Children of God. :eek:

Getting way off topic here, but another neat story he told was Peter Green naming the band after Mick and John because he said he wanted to leave his friends with something, knowing that he and Jeremy would leave the band one day.

Guess his prayer was answered! Weird. But obviously it wasn't just a crazy fling of youth, to devote his life to religion etc, since he's still w/ them today...and he sounds totally sane!

I loved that story of 'leaving' the name for John and Mick, how prophetic of PG.

-Lis