PDA

View Full Version : 21 years ago...

Lala
12-28-2004, 10:40 PM
http://www.q107fm.ca/

Tuesday, December 28

1983 - Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys) drowns in Marina Del Rey

Hmm just thought I'd post this rather sad anniversary since I came upon it by strange coincidence.

macfan 57
12-29-2004, 07:01 AM
Yes, this was very sad but pretty predictable news considering what I've read about Dennis Wilson & the last few years of his life. One strange thing I've read about this regarding Christine is that she was in Portugal when she got the news from her secretary that Dennis had drowned. Her first reaction to the news was that she wondered if Dennis was OK. It must have been a pretty big shock to her that he was gone.

GODDESS6
12-29-2004, 07:06 AM
very sad!!! :distress: ~ i remember this happening, it did seem predictable, but sad the same~ my ma was/is a huge beach boys fan, this was very disturbing 4 her~
R.I.P.
Dennis

ThePenguin
12-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Oh my god, I can't believe it's been that long. I was about 13, and we were at my parents' house in the Poconos (they used to take us there to torment us w/ boredom after the excitement of the holidays) and I recall that came on the news, really morbid footage of his body wrapped up and being carried away on a stretcher or something. I was crouched on the floor right in front of the TV in disbelief and then of course I spent the rest of the night all upset-- I didn't know at the time that C had broken up w/ him so I really thought this was even more of a nightmare for her. For the remainder of our time up there I hid myself away in my freezing cold room, writing poetry about what happened and drawing pictures of him (which looking back were godawful!) My mom said something like "That's what happens when you get drunk and go diving" which I thought was super mean of her, but strangely enough I could easily see myself saying that to my daughter now. Funny how we become our parents.

But anyway, that was sad. He left 3 young boys behind. :distress:

-Lis

NicksIllume
12-29-2004, 11:09 AM
It seems weird that it happened over twenty years ago. I wonder if Christine treats this day differently.

R.I.P. D.W.

macfan 57
12-29-2004, 11:15 AM
I wonder if Christine treats this day differently.

R.I.P. D.W.

I wonder that too. She and Dennis did not part as friends. I don't think they had seen each other at all during the last 2 years of his life. She certainly didn't seem to have any problem talking about him in several of those U.K. interviews this summer.