PDA

View Full Version : what colour is your duvet cover?

tuigirl
11-27-2004, 09:35 AM
.. :laugh:... yeah, I'm just being nosey..mines small blue checks on one side/BIG blues on the other...

heyjupiter678
11-27-2004, 10:05 AM
.. :laugh:... yeah, I'm just being nosey..mines small blue checks on one side/BIG blues on the other...
I just have a simple white comforter. :shrug:

tuigirl
11-27-2004, 10:20 AM
I just have a simple white comforter. :shrug:

Ummm..is comforter another name for a duvet then? I'm thinking more of the cover that goes on a duvet.. :D..hmmm..this is confusing...

sara1998
11-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Ummm..is comforter another name for a duvet then? I'm thinking more of the cover that goes on a duvet.. :D..hmmm..this is confusing...
I was guessing a comforter and a duvet cover was one in the same. Call me ignorant... lol....but if thats the case, mine is kinda gold/yellow with some purple and other wild colors mixed in.

dissention
11-27-2004, 12:21 PM
Black, with white pinstripes. ;)

ontheEdgeof17
11-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Right now, it's just white.

In the past I have had:

-New Kids on the Block
-Tye Dyed
-Chip Ahoy
-Blue Plaid

gldstwmn
11-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Green silk. :)

wondergirl9847
11-27-2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.domestications.com/parent2.asp?product=A10477x&dept%5Fid=+10306&parentname=Comforters

Here is a link to my comforter. Mine is blue and it's nice and soft. :nod:

½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
11-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Mine is white with brown and yellow stains. I need to buy a dog to blame it on. :lol:

Sugar
11-27-2004, 01:54 PM
I have a hand pieced Amish quilt--black with a star pattern of many blues

strandinthewind
11-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Green silk. :)

Me too :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

BTW - a comforter is all one unit. A duvet is a coverlet in which people usually place white down comforters :cool:

madformac
11-27-2004, 02:28 PM
The one I bought yesterday was oatmeal and white with brown piping embroidery (reasonably neutral for the room it's going in). My other one is a rich deep red cotton cover with black trim.

We really are getting worryingly unstable when we start posting links to duvet covers/comforters!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whatever next.......

:wavey:

celestenadia
11-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I have a cotton,creme-colored,duvet cover for my white down comforter that stays in the closet most of the time.
I do LOVE blankets!
That Domestications catalogue does have some cool stuff in it, some of which I've bought. Another cool one is Coming Home. Sheesh, there's SO many - Soft Surroundings,Touch of Class, etc...
I tend to stick with high-count cotton sheets in the spring/summer and flannel in the fall/winter.
I love to put on a wool blanket over the flannel sheets and a fluffy cotton one on top of the cotton.
I also love those "velux" blankets. I've had this hunter green one for years.
I also "bought into" buying those t-shirt material sheets. They're kinda neat. I have them in hunter green.
As far as colors though, it seems that I lean towards whites,cremes,greens,pinks,purples and the like.

DeeGeMe
11-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Mine's a Ralph Lauren floral extravaganza.

dissention
11-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Mine's a Ralph Lauren floral extravaganza.

Be still my heart. :laugh: I'd be willing to lend you my services for free. :woohoo:

strandinthewind
11-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Be still my heart. :laugh: I'd be willing to lend you my services for free. :woohoo:

LOL - no Dorothy Draper cabbage rose chintz in your house :shrug:

sara1998
11-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Me too :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

BTW - a comforter is all one unit. A duvet is a coverlet in which people usually place white down comforters :cool:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. My allergies won't allow down filled pillows or comforters. :distress:

amber
11-27-2004, 03:35 PM
I don't have a duvet cover, but my comforter is brown and black leopard, or animal print...there's a little white on it. It's nice, and not as tacky as it sounds :D My dad got it for me years back, for Xmas. And i have a heavy hand crochet blanket that my aunt made for me when i was 2 or so. it's really heavy and warm. it has concentric squares of black, purple, yellow, maroon, green, orange, yellow, and a big purple square in the middle.
I like Christy's, it looks soft... :p

GypsySorcerer
11-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Pinky-gold satin. It sounds tacky, but it's pretty. :)

strandinthewind
11-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. My allergies won't allow down filled pillows or comforters. :distress:

You can stuff the duvet with anything - even an old comforter :cool:

GODDESS6
11-27-2004, 04:43 PM
leopard print~

DeeGeMe
11-27-2004, 05:31 PM

Okay Diss & Strand--glad to see the two of you are having fun with my bedding choices--the truth is that the RL comforter only sees the light of Day for about 3 months out of the year since it's so damned hot down here in South Carolina most of the year. The rest of the year I have a thin white/blue trimmed quilt on my bed. Trust me, no man has yet refused to sleep with me on the basis of my bedroom decor!

strandinthewind
11-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Okay Diss & Strand--glad to see the two of you are having fun with my bedding choices--the truth is that the RL comforter only sees the light of Day for about 3 months out of the year since it's so damned hot down here in South Carolina most of the year. The rest of the year I have a thin white/blue trimmed quilt on my bed. Trust me, no man has yet refused to sleep with me on the basis of my bedroom decor!

LOL - I have no doubt of that you firey red head :wink:

tuigirl
11-27-2004, 06:28 PM
:laugh: ..hang on... a duvet is a (usually white) thing filled with either feathers or polysomething and the duvet cover is like a large pillowcase that goes over it...this comforter whatsit, looks like something else! More like a quilt maybe..very confusing..hahaaa..ahhh...don't you just love the UK/US language differences (ooh..new thread there!).Pottle/pikelet/K-way anyone?

"LOL - I have no doubt of that you firey red head :wink:"..Strand,please tell me wer'e not going sideways again :laugh:

dissention
11-27-2004, 09:26 PM

That reminds me of one of Lily Tomlin's old Ernestine skits where she enlists the repairman to check out the decor of a telephone customer. :laugh:

"Did you check out the bedroom? Old maple and chintz? You don't say. Was that the bedroom? It was? TWO beds in it? No wonder she's so crabby..."

dissention
11-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Trust me, no man has yet refused to sleep with me on the basis of my bedroom decor!

Because you've never picked me up. ;) :laugh:

I'm just joking, whatever makes you comfy, darling. :xoxo:

sparky
11-27-2004, 09:34 PM
In the past I have had:

-New Kids on the Block

That is EXCELLENT.
Talk about a clue to the folks !

wondergirl9847
11-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Right now, it's just white.

In the past I have had:

-New Kids on the Block

Me too...in fact, I think I still have mine somewhere. I should find a picture of my room from the NKOTB days....I'll go do that....gimme a few minutes...

That took more than a few minutes. :o I found some great pics of my room...and lo and behold, one of me and Matthew Fox!! I'll post that in another thread.

There's my NKOTB comforter. These pics must be from around 1990...I was 14 or so.

DeeGeMe
11-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Because you've never picked me up. ;) :laugh:

I'm just joking, whatever makes you comfy, darling. :xoxo:

It's all about comfort! :laugh:

DeeGeMe
11-28-2004, 12:10 AM
LOL - I have no doubt of that you firey red head :wink:

Damn Straight--and don't you ever forget it!