PDA

View Full Version : In the spirit of the holiday....

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 11:49 AM
What is everyone thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I know...cheesy ass game...that many people dread doing around the dinner table...but in the midst of whatever is going on in the world and in your lives...I think it's always good to be reminded of what's good and what you are thankful for :D

So I'm thankful for:

My job, a roof over my head, a working car, food in my fridge, a supportive family, a nephew I adore, that they're releasing Little House on the Prairie on DVD - and for the cute guy at the gym who I get to look at while working out (it helps me pass the time ;) )

strandinthewind
11-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Amen!!!!

Ya know - I have spent the whole morning bitching at people on the phone for making me do their jobs for them (Hilton incorrectly credited my points, my ins. company is jerking me around, etc. ) - so I deceided that I ought to be greatful that I could stay at that Hilton and that I can afford a car and isuranance. It is SO hard for me not to get mired down in the details. So, I am VERY thankful my life has afforded me the ability to have means.

sparky
11-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I am thankful for :

Great Job with Cool People

Excellent Health Insurance

Pets That Bring Me Joy Everyday

Beautiful Place To Live in this crazy wonderful city of LA

A string of memorable good hearted ex-boyfriends !

The best friends anyone could ask for

MY HEALTH

An Entertaining Community of FM pals right here !

dissention
11-24-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm thankful for...

-still having an ass
-having good health insurance
-my dog
-good sex
-my mother, who busts her ass for everyone but herself
-living in Massachusetts
-having a roof over my head
-a good job
-not being afraid of saying or doing things
-nice people
-humour

:woohoo:

amber
11-24-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm thankful that i have inexplicably held on to the will to live...
and that i will be able to have food, sort of.

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Deb's cancer being in remission...Need I say more???

Brian j.

sparky
11-24-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm thankful for...

-still having an ass

-good sex

:woohoo:

I forgot the good sex thing. And the ass thing.

I must add to my list ....

A few hunky F-buddies.

My naturally muscular butt.

Let's not discuss how these two items may or may not have any relation to one another.

dissention
11-24-2004, 01:09 PM

A few hunky F-buddies.

Let's not discuss how these two items may or may not have any relation to one another.

:lol:

I will not roll over and die unless I'm positive that I'll die with an ass that you'll be able to bounce quarters off of. :cool:

sara1998
11-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Most thankful for my daughter....
my job
my house
my health
Sara's health
my parents
health insurance
food and clothes
and the ability to walk, talk, and think with sound mind!

GardenStateGirlie
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM

I will not roll over and die unless I'm positive that I'll die with an ass that you'll be able to bounce quarters off of. :cool:

I think i just snorted because i'm laughing so hard. I'm jealous...my ass? went north. Whenever I loose weight, it comes off the bum :distress:

I'm thankful for everyone that I meet, and as much as I hate my job, i'm thankful that I have it. I'm thankful that i'm able to go to school, have a nice car, for my family, and of course, my friends.

amber
11-24-2004, 01:19 PM

:laugh: :lol:
ah, a man after my own heart. I'm gonna add, i'm glad my boobs still look fine, though i'm the ripe old age of 30. That my ass rocks, goes without saying. oops, i just said it...

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 01:21 PM

A few hunky F-buddies.

I will not roll over and die unless I'm positive that I'll die with an ass that you'll be able to bounce quarters off of.

Oy. We can't take you two anywhere ;) :laugh:

----

I am also thankful that even with my atrocious eating habits - I still have the energy to work out and am therefore not morbidly obese :D

pianogirl04
11-24-2004, 01:22 PM
-graduating high school
-getting into (a fairly good) college
-the ability to change majors :laugh:
-learning to drive better
-road trips
-tornadoes that missed us last night
-finally figuring out some things in life
-dreams, ambitions, and all that groovy optimistic stuff I can't live without
-being different
-being able to see the Mac three times
-people who have faith in me
-music
-everything that's yet to come

It's just a good day today. :wavey: Just a really good day.

dissention
11-24-2004, 01:23 PM
I think i just snorted because i'm laughing so hard. I'm jealous...my ass? went north. Whenever I loose weight, it comes off the bum :distress:

My ass used to be flatter than Gwyneth Paltrow's chest, but then I discovered pilates and a stairmaster. :nod: Clenching exercises don't hurt, either.

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 01:26 PM
when I find the new Mirage tour soundboards that I just heard about, Seems some newer stuff is starting to trickle in :nod:

Brian j.

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Woot! I'm now thankful that my boss has invited me to his house for Thanksgiving - so now I won't be alone....and that the day after Thanksgiving my sister will be here!!! yea! :woohoo:

------

Hmm...I think I should start doing pilates more often :nod: I'm too lazy to get my ass out of bed in time for the weekend classes though....

ontheEdgeof17
11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm just thankful to be alive. Everything else is secondary. :wavey:

dissention
11-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Hmm...I think I should start doing pilates more often :nod: I'm too lazy to get my ass out of bed in time for the weekend classes though....

I guess you have one-up on the folks who get out of bed only to have their asses follow a few seconds later. ;) :laugh:

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
I guess you have one-up on the folks who get out of bed only to have their asses follow a few seconds later. ;) :laugh:

true that. but who knows how long that will be the case..I've got girl scout cookies calling my name in my desk drawers as we speak...:eek:

Seriously though - I've never let myself have more than ten extra pounds on me....and I'm pushing the envelope currently...I really do need to kick the better food habits into high gear...BUT I am thankful that I still fit into all my clothes :nod:

amber
11-24-2004, 01:33 PM
My ass used to be flatter than Gwyneth Paltrow's chest, but then I discovered pilates and a stairmaster. :nod: Clenching exercises don't hurt, either.
What a beautiful, heartwarming success story. You should be on Oprah. Nothing sadder n' a flat one.... :distress: :distress: :lol:

skcin
11-24-2004, 01:57 PM
when I find the new Mirage tour soundboards that I just heard about, Seems some newer stuff is starting to trickle in :nod:

Brian j.

Wha-wha-WHATTTTTTTTTTT?

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Paula

skcin
11-24-2004, 02:00 PM
:laugh: :lol:
ah, a man after my own heart. I'm gonna add, i'm glad my boobs still look fine, though i'm the ripe old age of 30. That my ass rocks, goes without saying. oops, i just said it...

Amber,

How the hell did you think your boobs would look at 30? Were you expecting them to suddenly drop to your navel? :laugh:

I'm thankful for:

family & husband (still seems very weird to type that word)
friends
good job
good health
nice warm house
tasty food

All you crazy Ledgies :xoxo:

Paula

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Wha-wha-WHATTTTTTTTTTT?

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Paula

a good & reliable trader I deal with (On a very regular basis) has informed me that new 1982 Mirage tour Soundboard recording(s) have started to appear...Cant wait to get a hold of some newer stuff.

Brian j.

tommer
11-24-2004, 02:06 PM
a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://img120.exs.cx/img120/8210/IMG_0046v.jpg

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 02:07 PM
a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://img120.exs.cx/img120/8210/IMG_0046v.jpg

awww..how sweet...what a cutie!! That makes me miss my nephew even more...:nod: :o

tommer
11-24-2004, 02:13 PM
awww..how sweet...what a cutie!! That makes me miss my nephew even more...:nod: :o
that's my new (and only) nephew, born on saturday. i must note that he looks better by now, he's only 10 minutes old in that picture.

gldstwmn
11-24-2004, 02:13 PM
I was out and about yesterday and I did notice that people seem stressed.
Anyway, I am thankful for:
my child and her health
being able to travel around and see Fleetwood Mac this past year :woohoo:
you guys
my felines
all the little things

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 02:16 PM
that's my new (and only) nephew, born on saturday. i must note that he looks better by now, he's only 10 minutes old in that picture.

Well he's cute in that picture - looks a bit worried and apprehensive though haha -- congrats on becoming an uncle...it's a lot of fun....I love being an aunt...all the fun but I don't have to keep him ;)

gldstwmn
11-24-2004, 02:18 PM

He looks beautiful in that picture.

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Well he's cute in that picture - looks a bit worried and apprehensive though haha -- congrats on becoming an uncle...it's a lot of fun....I love being an aunt...all the fun but I don't have to keep him ;)

I enjoy being an Uncle (Even though my nephew Shane cannot pronounce my name :lol: ), it has eased my fear of being around rug-rats/dudie diaper carriers somewhat...I have 2 nieces (Including my look-a-like niece Kendra...Poor kid, tsk, tsk, tsk!!!! But she has inherited the musical ability which is hella cool!) and 5 nephews.

Congrats Tommer...

Brian j.

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 02:38 PM
I enjoy being an Uncle (Even though my nephew Shane cannot pronounce my name :lol: ), it has eased my fear of being around rug-rats/dudie diaper carriers somewhat...I have 2 nieces (Including my look-a-like niece Kendra...Poor kid, tsk, tsk, tsk!!!! But she has inherited the musical ability which is hella cool!) and 5 nephews.

Congrats Tommer...

Brian j.

Wow. Doesn't look like I'll ever have more than one nephew (unless I marry someone with sibling who have kids...). So as a result my nephew gets spoiled by his grandparents and me (I'm his ONLY aunt...he's got no uncles)...:D

My nephew used to not be able to pronounce my name but I enjoyed being Aunt Gee (hard G) - I'm back to Aunt Dee now though....ha.

EnchantedSLN
11-24-2004, 02:41 PM
a good & reliable trader I deal with (On a very regular basis) has informed me that new 1982 Mirage tour Soundboard recording(s) have started to appear...Cant wait to get a hold of some newer stuff.

Brian j.

They're comin!

I'm thankful for my health, my mother, being able to go to school, good friends, and living in a blue state.

Amber's sig is up to crazy hijinks again. It has appeared in random places in 4 messages in this thread, and now the two pictures come up as smilies when I click reply :laugh:.

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Wow. Doesn't look like I'll ever have more than one nephew (unless I marry someone with sibling who have kids...). So as a result my nephew gets spoiled by his grandparents and me (I'm his ONLY aunt...he's got no uncles)...:D

My nephew used to not be able to pronounce my name but I enjoyed being Aunt Gee (hard G) - I'm back to Aunt Dee now though....ha.

My older brother Geary has 2 kids and Deb's brothers have 1 girl & 4 boys, So I miscalculated earlier, I have 2 nieces & 6 nephews...

My nephew calls my "Uncle Bill" (Bill is my LOSER drunk/drughead oldest brother) since he assumes to think I'm Bill :shrug: Oh well, The kid will get it right sooner than later :lol:

Brian j.

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 02:49 PM
They're comin!

I can finally have something new to enjoy besides more of Stevie's 1989 OSOTM bootlegs I have been transferring as of late (And doing some minor editing on the Blizz mastered vinyl version of the "Tusk" album.)

Brian "Anyone have any FM/SN DVD's to trade?" j.

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 02:50 PM
My older brother Geary has 2 kids and Deb's brothers have 1 girl & 4 boys, So I miscalculated earlier, I have 2 nieces & 6 nephews...

My nephew calls my "Uncle Bill" (Bill is my LOSER drunk/drughead oldest brother) since he assumes to think I'm Bill :shrug: Oh well, The kid will get it right sooner than later :lol:

Brian j.

:laugh: :laugh: That sucks...what does he call Bill??

Yeah - my nephew used to have an issue with names...his little best friends name is Maya - and Maya has a brother named Ari - for a good year my nephew called his friend Ari and the brother Maya lol....

I used to be terrified of children - but I do love my nephew...and am slowly warming up to other children :D

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 02:58 PM
:laugh: :laugh: That sucks...what does he call Bill??

Yeah - my nephew used to have an issue with names...his little best friends name is Maya - and Maya has a brother named Ari - for a good year my nephew called his friend Ari and the brother Maya lol....

I used to be terrified of children - but I do love my nephew...and am slowly warming up to other children :D

he calls him a "f__khead", Because that is, AT BEST, what he is :lol: (I havent seen his lost cause ass since I was 16 or 17 yrs.old, And his lame ass excuses about "My life is ruined because it's Mom's fault" has worn on my nerves...He just better pray he doesnt show up at my Mother's for Christmas cause his ass WILL go down in a heap of industrial ass-stomping from Geary & myself)

Btw, My 12 yr old niece (And lookalike) Kendra calls me "Dork" while I nicknamed her "Nimrod", though she still doesnt even know what a "Nimrod" is :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Brian "Family values my ass..." j.

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
he calls him a "f__khead", Because that is, AT BEST, what he is :lol: (I havent seen his lost cause ass since I was 16 or 17 yrs.old, And his lame ass excuses about "My life is ruined because it's Mom's fault" has worn on my nerves...He just better pray he doesnt show up at my Mother's for Christmas cause his ass WILL go down in a heap of industrial ass-stomping from Geary & myself)

Btw, My 12 yr old niece (And lookalike) Kendra calls me "Dork" while I nicknamed her "Nimrod", though she still doesnt even know what a "Nimrod" is :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Brian "Family values my ass..." j.

Ah yes, good to know that loving and supportive family nicknames are not unique to my family.

My grandpa always called my sister dipstick, and now my nephew is little dipstick....my uncle called all of us kids by the lovely nickname "Ugly" haha...great...and then there was the loving "meathead" from my grandpa...

DeeGeMe
11-24-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm thankful for my awesome dream job that allows me to do what I love and get paid very well for it.
I'm thankful that I work for generous employers who not only pay me well but pick up the tab for my health insurance.
I'm thankful that my health insurance picks up the tab for my expensive arthritis drugs.
I'm thankful that said arthritis drugs have actually worked!
I'm thankful for my crazy, funny, wonderful family, even if half of them are Republicans.
I'm thankful for a community of like-minded FM fans that keep me smiling, laughing, and generally entertained.
I'm thankful that the first three season of Seinfeld are coming out on DVD!

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 03:21 PM
a thankful soul (Thankful to have a job):

---------------------------------------
NEW YORK (AP) -- Rocker David Lee Roth, the former Van Halen frontman, is taking up a new trade.

Instead of screaming "Jump," he'll be yelling "Clear!"

Roth, 50, has been riding for several weeks with a New York ambulance crew in training to become a paramedic, The New York Post reported Tuesday.

"I have been on over 200 individual rides now," said Roth. "Not once has anyone recognized me, which is perfect for me."

The singer, who spent a decade with Van Halen before embarking on a solo career, except a collaboration with the band for two new songs on a greatest hits album, has been riding along with crews in the Bronx, Manhattan and Brooklyn several nights a week.

His training seems to be going well.

Several weeks ago, Roth saved the life of a heart attack victim in the Bronx by using a defibrillator.

He takes his work so seriously that he did not want publicity so that it would not "diminish what I am trying to do here." He has said that he did not want the neighborhoods he was working in named so that he would not draw attention to himself or co-workers.

"You would never know you were dealing with a rock-'n'-roll guy," said Linda Reissman, Roth's EMS consultant and tutor. "His commitment really is touching. He wants to help people."
---------------------------------------------

I guess he should be thankful when a patient doesnt ask him to sing "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" :lol: :laugh: :nod:

dissention
11-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Oh. My. Gawd.

I would never allow David Lee Roth to attend to my injuries. :lol:

amber
11-24-2004, 03:29 PM
They're comin!

I'm thankful for my health, my mother, being able to go to school, good friends, and living in a blue state.

Amber's sig is up to crazy hijinks again. It has appeared in random places in 4 messages in this thread, and now the two pictures come up as smilies when I click reply :laugh:.
Mwahahahahahahaha!!!! There's something i can be thankful for! :laugh:

SuzeQuze
11-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Ah yes, good to know that loving and supportive family nicknames are not unique to my family.

My grandpa always called my sister dipstick, and now my nephew is little dipstick....my uncle called all of us kids by the lovely nickname "Ugly" haha...great...and then there was the loving "meathead" from my grandpa...

LOL, these nicknames are killing me! You both are none of those things!

SuzeQuze
11-24-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm thankful for many things:

The loved ones in my life.
My cat, Mufasa, who is so spoiled and very handsome, IMO :D
My job which also picks up my health insurance and the coverage was needed with back problems this year!
My Mom's breast cancer was caught early and eradicated.
I've got a good roof over my head and live in a fabulous city.
I never have to go hungry.
I've got all my limbs and senses,
The music of Stevie, Fleetwood Mac, and all of the others that help give me a reason to get out of bed.
This board and the online fan community which has enriched my Stevie/FM life incredibly. Remember the days when you thought you were the only one?

skcin
11-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Hubby's 5 year old niece calls him "Uncle Poopies." The older nieces (13 & 15) started having her do that to get back at him for the torture he put them through growing up (he's the uncle that teases them mercilessly.) The name has stuck. Now we'll say "go & tell Poopies to help you tie your shoes" or "ask Uncle Poopies if he'll give you a piggyback ride." And she does. She also tells people "I went to my Uncle Poopies' house yesterday..." whether they know who Poopies is or not. :laugh:

Payback's a bitch...

Paula

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 03:46 PM
This board and the online fan community which has enriched my Stevie/FM life incredibly. Remember the days when you thought you were the only one?

:nod: I remember thinking I was like the only FM/Stevie obsessee...then one magical day while standing outside of American West Arena in Phoenix - a random girl in Lindsey Buckingham pants said to me, "Are you a Ledgie?" I was like, "What the hell is a Ledgie!?!" BUT that prompted me to search and the find the Ledge...that was several years ago...and I am totally thankful for a place to come and talk about my love of the band :nod:

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Hubby's 5 year old niece calls him "Uncle Poopies." The older nieces (13 & 15) started having her do that to get back at him for the torture he put them through growing up (he's the uncle that teases them mercilessly.) The name has stuck. Now we'll say "go & tell Poopies to help you tie your shoes" or "ask Uncle Poopies if he'll give you a piggyback ride." And she does. She also tells people "I went to my Uncle Poopies' house yesterday..." whether they know who Poopies is or not. :laugh:

Payback's a bitch...

Paula

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That? Is Hilarious!!!

estranged4life
11-24-2004, 03:52 PM
my niece showed her love for me while leaving a retail store, She ran at full speed at jumped straight onto my back!!! Having a 70-80 lb. kid landing on yer back without warning is NOT alotta fun...And not to mention she nailed me in the "jewels" earlier that same afternoon!!!

She has mellowed as of late, Except he loves to fight with boys at school...And she whoops their asses!!!

Brian j.

wondergirl9847
11-24-2004, 04:00 PM
a random girl in Lindsey Buckingham pants said to me, "Are you a Ledgie?"

And pray tell, what did these LB pants look like?! LMAO!!

GypsySorcerer
11-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm thankful for:

-family and good friends
-Robby (the boyfriend)
-the basic things I take for granted every day: food, clothes, shelter
-my health
-the opportunities in education I have
-laughter, music, and movies

amber
11-24-2004, 04:03 PM
:nod: I remember thinking I was like the only FM/Stevie obsessee...then one magical day while standing outside of American West Arena in Phoenix - a random girl in Lindsey Buckingham pants said to me, "Are you a Ledgie?" I was like, "What the hell is a Ledgie!?!" BUT that prompted me to search and the find the Ledge...that was several years ago...and I am totally thankful for a place to come and talk about my love of the band :nod:
That's weird, did you ever find out who it was? :shocked:

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 04:21 PM
That's weird, did you ever find out who it was? :shocked:

Oh yeah...she hasn't been on here in forever though....and actually I think she was just wearing an airbrushed LB shirt when I met her - that said, "And on the 8th day God created Lindsey Buckingham..." She and her mom were standing outside of a back entrance - waiting for Stevie or any of the night's guests to show up for sound check....when I saw her later at the actual concert - she was wearing the Lindsey pants :nod:

I found out about the Ledge that day - and that was also my first Stevie concert...:D

amber
11-24-2004, 05:45 PM
I just got a $50 gift certificate for Amazon.com, which i am very thankful for, as i ran out of book, and did not want to reread any of the ones i have. (Due to recent rereading of many of them). I finally found one to reread (The Diamond in the Window) but in 6-14 days i will have a whole bunch of new books to read, and they were free! I.am.so.happy. :]

dissention
11-24-2004, 06:02 PM
I just got a $50 gift certificate for Amazon.com, which i am very thankful for, as i ran out of book, and did not want to reread any of the ones i have. (Due to recent rereading of many of them). I finally found one to reread (The Diamond in the Window) but in 6-14 days i will have a whole bunch of new books to read, and they were free! I.am.so.happy. :]

What did you order? :woohoo:

amber
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
What did you order? :woohoo:
South Beach Diet Book :)
a new novel from my favorite author, Jonathan Carroll (one of) called White Apples, which seems really freaky...here's a synopsis: "Vincent Ettrich was once dead. Now that he's returned to life, he has discovered that he's soon to be a father to a child the world will desperately need. Isabelle, the mother, is the one that brought him back. Pursued by destructive forces, and helped along by benificent guardians (including the unborn fetus itself), the two attempt to protect their unborn child and themselves from death, chaos, and a sinister henchman known only as "King of the Park". Somehow this all makes much more sense in the book.
Jonathan Carroll is one hell of a good writer and I look forward to reading some of his other work. Not one to be cubby-holed into a genre, this book spans fiction, fantasy, science fiction, and a beautifully portrayed look at metaphysics without so much as batting an eyelash. The dialog is written wonderfully. The scenes between Vincent and his women really sparkle. I tore through this book in a day - which I haven't done for any book in quite some time. While the book is not without a couple of loose ends, the ambience more than makes up for it and makes this one you should place high on your reading list."
If you can get Land of Laughs by him, i highly recommend it. In a way the concept is like that movie Swimming Pool.
Anyways.
I also got "People of the Owl", another in the series of First People books, about native americans
I got a mystery novel from an author i like where her books are set here in the bay area,
and i got 2 Harry Potter books, because i never read them before, and i just finished the first one. they're ok, not as good as others, but...although, i should probably see the movie before i read the books, actually...d'oh!
Also, another book that I wanted but didn't fit is called Mortal Lovers, by another fave, Elizabeth Hand (she wrote the book that became "Millenium" pilot...with that Lance guy? we were just talking about it last week) anyway, i'll pick that one up when it's cheaper... :)
No, biggie, just some novels, but i really do start to twitch when i have nothing to read, so this can tide me over for a bit :woohoo:

DrummerDeanna
11-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Harry Potter gets better and better with each book...:nod:

GODDESS6
11-24-2004, 06:44 PM
a few things are:
my gorgeous 5 yr old son
hubby of 18 yrs
hot sex still w/ that hubby :nod:
my brothers
my mother
health
having run my own home business successfully for the past 5 yrs!!! :thumbsup:
the next 4 days off, it seems i never am not wrking in some capacity
being directed 2 this board ( i love reading all the diiferences we have in everything from politics, religion, family, love..., but we all come 2gether over this fabulous band & have become sorta a strange family)!~
seeing stevie/fm several times over my life~

HAPPY THANKSGIVING LEDGIES!!!~ :wavey: :nod: :wavey:
i hope every1 has a wonderful time!!!

Vianna
11-24-2004, 09:50 PM
thankful for:

my cats who are basically my family
my house that I love
my car
for my friends
for the Mac
for this message board-I've met so many Mac fans here
that I have a job

strandinthewind
11-24-2004, 09:55 PM
My Mom's breast cancer was caught early and eradicated . . . .[/list]

AMEN (and what a relief for you mon amis) - my mom's got caught in the duct when it was 1/8 of the size of a kernal of corn. She had it removed and was heard saying prior to then "they have served their purpose" (with a Southern Lilt) , She would not allow men in the room until her nurse (family friend) had made her face for reception (gotta love the South :laugh: )

Ladies, please please please get tested if not once then twice a year!!!!!!!!!

sara1998
11-25-2004, 11:39 PM
AMEN (and what a relief for you mon amis) - my mom's got caught in the duct when it was 1/8 of the size of a kernal of corn. She had it removed and was heard saying prior to then "they have served their purpose" (with a Southern Lilt) , She would not allow men in the room until her nurse (family friend) had made her face for reception (gotta love the South :laugh: )

I am so anal about getting my "yearly" it's absurd. I check at least once a month in the shower. See... I found my first lump when I was 16, had a lumpectomy, and it was benign (sp?) Found my 2nd lump when I was 24, had ANOTHER lumpectomy, and thankfully, it was benign also.

I'm.on.it.

estranged4life
11-26-2004, 12:13 AM

about checking twice a year...Deb doesnt have to be told to check anymore, Nor did she need to be told in the first place (Being she is a nurse...) when she discovered the large lump on her shoulder that was a lyphoma that ran from her shoulder around her esophagus (It was starting to restrict her air passage) and ran down to her sternum (Which was cracked open to get a live specimen since the needle biospy & lymph node biospy were 'inconclusive'...The scar she has is about 6" long between both breasts and it still hasnt completely healed exactly 1 year later, But we find humor in the "guitar string" wires that were used to close the breast bone back together look like large "curly Q's" in the X-Rays.)

If she never would have went to seek a second opinion (Her Dr. did recommend she seek another opinion due to the fast growth of the tumor in her shoulder just to make sure) things would have been much bleaker than they turned out in the end.

Brian j.