PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Which "Friend" do you like best?

macfan 57
11-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Now that most of us have heard the acoustic "Friend", which is your favorite version?

I love the album version with the clavinet, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to go with the acoustic version. I LOVE Christine's keyboards on the acoustic version. With just her keyboard, a guitar & a little percussion, the song feels so intimate.

ThePenguin
11-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Now that most of us have heard the acoustic "Friend", which is your favorite version?

I love the album version with the clavinet, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to go with the acoustic version. I LOVE Christine's keyboards on the acoustic version. With just her keyboard, a guitar & a little percussion, the song feels so intimate.

I totally agree. There is such a warmth in that acoustic version, it really does make me get emotional!! A few songs just pull at me every time I hear them, and that one really does.

-Lis

jbrownsjr
11-23-2004, 12:03 PM
I like the album version. I do love both however, but if I had to choose.

I am also one of the few that like the studio version of Big Love more than the Dance version.

oooo ahhhh oooo ahhhhh oooo ahhhhh

ontheEdgeof17
11-23-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't have iTunes, so I can't vote. :shrug: The acoustic version sounds Fab, though.

macfan 57
11-23-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't have iTunes, so I can't vote. :shrug: The acoustic version sounds Fab, though.

You don't need iTunes to hear acoustic Friend. Just download Christine's World Cafe Interview from Neil's Go Your Own Way website. They played acoustic Friend during this radio interview. There's a thread on this board with a link to the MP3's. :)

face of glass
11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Both, I guess. You can't keep a good tune down! ;)

ontheEdgeof17
11-23-2004, 01:45 PM
You don't need iTunes to hear acoustic Friend. Just download Christine's World Cafe Interview from Neil's Go Your Own Way website. They played acoustic Friend during this radio interview. There's a thread on this board with a link to the MP3's. :)

Thx ya. ;) I haven't been at my own computer for awhile, so downloading isn't an option until I get back. Hope it's still there when I return home. :nod:

GateandGarden
11-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Having (finally) downloaded the acoustic version, I have to say that it's beautiful but I prefer the music in the album version.

Hillary

HomerMcvie
11-24-2004, 08:08 PM
I voted for both. I have decision making issues. :laugh:

tynan88
11-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I like both, I love the album version and am still undecided on the acoustic, so I am giving it a chance.

Tynan