PDA

View Full Version : New Kids On The Block

Dreammms
11-20-2004, 09:55 AM
So today while I have been cleaning my house I put on the old pay per view concerts from New Kids. I hate to admit it but I have gotten no cleaning done. I have been dancing around and singing along with them. :laugh:

Anybody else have any embarrassing stories?

She's my favorite girl ooooooooooooh lol

DrummerDeanna
11-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Wow. hahaha...I got rid of all my New Kids stuff long ago....I had a night shirt, a sweater, shirts...tapes...posters (on which I drew a mustache and devil horns on Donny)...

Sometimes I regret getting rid of the tapes...a trip down memory lane wouldn't be bad....

I never did record any of their televised things...

As for embarrassing stories...lets see....

I listened to them a lot and like them....isn't that embarassing enough!?! ;) :laugh:

Jessica Leigh
11-20-2004, 12:10 PM
when i was in fourth grade all of the sixth graders were listening to new kids.... i loved the beatles.... they found out... and i got harrassed and pushed around... one day, two of them had me pinned against a fence and they were making fun of me... i broke free and ran to the office where they made me stay all afternoon because they were afraid the sixth graders wouldn't stop... i've always been persecuted for my choices in music.... :(

Dreammms
11-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Wow. hahaha...I got rid of all my New Kids stuff long ago....I had a night shirt, a sweater, shirts...tapes...posters (on which I drew a mustache and devil horns on Donny)...

lol i kept everything
i was cleaning out one of my closets where i had all this crap that is why i was watching
it was fun to watch though lol
i enjoyed it
if you want me to make a copy of any of the videos i have let me know

Dreammms
11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
when i was in fourth grade all of the sixth graders were listening to new kids.... i loved the beatles.... they found out... and i got harrassed and pushed around... one day, two of them had me pinned against a fence and they were making fun of me... i broke free and ran to the office where they made me stay all afternoon because they were afraid the sixth graders wouldn't stop... i've always been persecuted for my choices in music.... :(

oh wow that is bad

i was so into them

i remember ordering the pay per view show and watching it with two of my friends and my cousin. we were screaming and hysterical crying lol now that is crazy..

wondergirl9847
11-20-2004, 01:21 PM
I was persecuted for liking NKOTB, Jessica...a flip flop on your story. :laugh: I've always been teased for my choices too. :distress:

I have that pay per view video....I remember asking my parents if I could see it. It was a friggin EVENT at my house. I was so excited and my best friend came over and we watched it, countless times.

I still have every single thing of NKOTB....and I'm trying to sell some stuff on Ebay. I'm not selling everything, just stupid stuff. LOL I'm keeping all my tapes, singles (I miss going to the store to see what singles they had on the giant single wall at Musicland and Sam Goody :( ), and CD's. I'm also keeping my dolls...which are still in the packages.

I listened to some NKOTB songs last week. I can never hear Funny Feeling enough, it's one of my fave songs of all time. Jordan and Joe should have done more duets. They sound great together, IMO. Hearing Jordan on The Surreal Life tho....:shocked: WTH happened to that beautiful soprano voice?! Yikes!!

I was so miserable in high school. I was wearing a Joe necklace one day and in gym class, this girl comes up to me and goes "Is that New Kids on the Block? Do you know they're all gay?" :rolleyes: Yes, tell me for the millionth time, I can never hear it enough. Sheesh. It got so frustrating and old to hear from every frickin' person. Alot of girls liked them, but wouldn't show it or say anything, because they didn't wanna be teased.

Why can't people just leave other people alone in their love for music, no matter who/what it is? :shrug:

Janet
11-20-2004, 01:32 PM
The NKOTB hold a very terrible memory for me.

In 5th grade, I went to a new school. I had gone from a secular school to a very private Christian school. The kids had money and they didn't curse and went to church etc. This was soon after my father died and I didn't know which way was up. I just knew I was poor, and that I was very new to this Christian world I was thrown in.

I just knew I wanted to be accepted SO bad.

By the summer of 5th going into 6th, I had caught one of the most popular, Lorin. Lorin was so pretty and very rich we talked every single day on the phone about boys. I was there when she got her "friend" the first time, we had a bond! We were so close all summer and it made me excited for the new school year.

So --6th grade started and I thought I had a new best friend. NOT.

Vanessa and Katie were new to my class and HUGE NKOTB fans. They sucked boy crazy Lorin into it and they all became fast best friends. They were always together and I was NOT included.

I didn't really like the music first of all, but I wasn't allowed to listen to anything other than Christian music...according to my mom. She was a very new Christian and her rules were so harsh.

So I was alienated and alone. I didn't fit in with anyone. Plus, ALL the girls seemed to have gotten their "friend" and I hadn't for some reason ( though I was taller and developed)

I spent the year crying about grades and feeling so alone and getting over losing my first boyfriend ( he wrote a note and went out with blonde Amber all year)

This was 1990. It is 2004. I still remember this pain like it was yesterday! 6th grade was tough and the NKOTB made it hell.

This is SOOOOOOOOO personal but oh well right. Is that embarrasing enough for you?? :sorry:

ontheEdgeof17
11-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Hearing Jordan on The Surreal Life tho....:shocked: WTH happened to that beautiful soprano voice?! Yikes!!

I'm guessing puberty. :p

Anyway, I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!

amber
11-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I have a tape of me singing "Eye of the Tiger" when i was 8. and one singing "Sweet Dreams" (eurythmics) and singing "Shadows of the Night" (pat benatar) when i was 8. it's the singing that's embarrassing...

Moony
11-20-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a tape of me singing "Eye of the Tiger" when i was 8. and one singing "Sweet Dreams" (eurythmics) and singing "Shadows of the Night" (pat benatar) when i was 8. it's the singing that's embarrassing...
I must hear these! LOL :laugh: :laugh:
I'm sure you sounded amazing :xoxo:

amber
11-20-2004, 05:38 PM
I must hear these! LOL :laugh: :laugh:
I'm sure you sounded amazing :xoxo:
:laugh: no, not really. I remember my voice cracked on "eeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyeee, of the tigah..." :xoxo:

wondergirl9847
11-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Anyway, I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!

Me either! I'm not ashamed. There's no reason for it. So I like the Spice Girls, NKOTB, BSB, NSync, etc. I like a variety of music. :nod:

Speaking of singing as a kid....yeah, my dad videotaped me singing along with my Chipmunks albums and stuff. I remember he took a tape of me singing to my grandparents house for either Thanksgiving or Christmas one year...I was about 15 or something....OMG....talk about wanting to crawl under a rock and die!! LOL

DeadliestPoison
11-20-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!
SPICE GIRLS FANS UNITE!!!! :D :thumbsup: :wavey:

DrummerDeanna
11-20-2004, 09:56 PM

In 5th grade, I went to a new school. I had gone from a secular school to a very private Christian school. The kids had money and they didn't curse and went to church etc. This was soon after my father died and I didn't know which way was up. I just knew I was poor, and that I was very new to this Christian world I was thrown in.

By the summer of 5th going into 6th, I had caught one of the most popular, Lorin. Lorin was so pretty and very rich we talked every single day on the phone about boys. I was there when she got her "friend" the first time, we had a bond! We were so close all summer and it made me excited for the new school year.

Vanessa and Katie were new to my class and HUGE NKOTB fans. They sucked boy crazy Lorin into it and they all became fast best friends. They were always together and I was NOT included.

I didn't really like the music first of all, but I wasn't allowed to listen to anything other than Christian music...according to my mom. She was a very new Christian and her rules were so harsh.

So I was alienated and alone. I didn't fit in with anyone. Plus, ALL the girls seemed to have gotten their "friend" and I hadn't for some reason ( though I was taller and developed)

I spent the year crying about grades and feeling so alone and getting over losing my first boyfriend ( he wrote a note and went out with blonde Amber all year)

This was 1990. It is 2004. I still remember this pain like it was yesterday! 6th grade was tough and the NKOTB made it hell.

This is SOOOOOOOOO personal but oh well right. Is that embarrasing enough for you?? :sorry:

What a sad story. Stupid NKOTB bonding....seriously though - that sucks.

Johnny Stew
11-20-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm not ashamed of any of my musical choices. I think they all RAWK!

I've always been extremely obstinate when it comes to the things I derive pleasure from. It's never mattered to me if the artists I like are popular or unpopular with others. When it comes to something like music, my opinion is the only one that matters to me, and it's always been that way.

There are definitely times when I'm baffled that people don't like an artist or song, simply because I think they're too good not to like... but it doesn't change how I feel about that artist or song.

Now excuse me while I go listen to Nancy Sinatra. ;)

Merf
11-20-2004, 11:03 PM
I was in 3rd grade when NKOTB was at their height of popularity. My fave was Jordan and I had his poster on my ceiling. My sister had Jonathan's poster on her ceiling. Neither one of us fully understood the sexual undertones of having a male picture on our ceiling, I guess.

I bought Jordan Knight's solo album that came out about 5 years ago. And I enjoyed it, I'm slightly embarassed to admit... however he has gotten sooo gross. JORDAN, RYAN STARR IS NOT GOING TO GET IN THE HOT TUB WITH YOU. NEITHER ARE THE OLSEN TWINS. EWWWWWWWWW.

Hawkeye
11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
when i was in fourth grade all of the sixth graders were listening to new kids.... i loved the beatles.... they found out... and i got harrassed and pushed around... :(

Wow the irony there is huge. You were harassed for NOT liking New Kids on the Block and liking the beatles. The oppositte would be true today.

GateandGarden
11-21-2004, 12:46 AM

I'm really sorry about all of that. I hope you don't regret sharing that with us because you think it's too personal. I think a lot of us on this board know how much grade school can suck and how hard it is to fit in. (I don't say that because I think we're a bunch of losers--it's just that I remember discussing this subject in a general sense on another thread at one point. And I know we're not a bunch of losers). I just wanted to say that I understand; I made all kinds of efforts to fit in in grade school that were dismal failures.

Hillary

amber
11-21-2004, 01:32 AM
I'm really sorry about all of that. I hope you don't regret sharing that with us because you think it's too personal. I think a lot of us on this board know how much grade school can suck and how hard it is to fit in. (I don't say that because I think we're a bunch of losers--it's just that I remember discussing this subject in a general sense on another thread at one point. And I know we're not a bunch of losers). I just wanted to say that I understand; I made all kinds of efforts to fit in in grade school that were dismal failures.

Hillary
Wasn't that a terrible story? :distress: grade school is fairly brutal, i had a few moments. Luckily i wasn't very "sensitive" :nod: to all the BS. still, though, i wonder if anyone really escaped unscathed? :rolleyes:

GateandGarden
11-21-2004, 01:41 AM
Wasn't that a terrible story? :distress: grade school is fairly brutal, i had a few moments. Luckily i wasn't very "sensitive" :nod: to all the BS. still, though, i wonder if anyone really escaped unscathed? :rolleyes:Some of the people I hated with a passion in high school because they acted liked they were worlds better than me are now the people I read about in the newspaper very often because they've violated a restraining order or have gotten yet another DWI. :rolleyes: Of course, I can't say that for all of them. There are still the Miss Perfects who may still be better off than I am, but I guess I can't worry with it. I was ridiculously sensitive, and still am, sadly. I'm like Janet--I still get upset sometimes when I think about grade school, despite how far away it is.

Hillary

amber
11-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Some of the people I hated with a passion in high school because they acted liked they were worlds better than me are now the people I read about in the newspaper very often because they've violated a restraining order or have gotten yet another DWI. :rolleyes: Of course, I can't say that for all of them. There are still the Miss Perfects who may still be better off than I am, but I guess I can't worry with it. I was ridiculously sensitive, and still am, sadly. I'm like Janet--I still get upset sometimes when I think about grade school, despite how far away it is.

Hillary
What's with the sig? It's HILARIOUS... :laugh:

wondergirl9847
11-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Oh man, why didn't they help Michelle up?! They just kept singing and looked at her like "If you don't get up now, I swear to all that is holy..." Beyonce took a very nasty tumble at our KISS FM Jingle Ball a couple of years ago. So, when will Kelly take a fall?

sara1998
11-21-2004, 07:08 AM
I was about in 5th or 6th grade when NKOTB was very popular. I hated them. Thank God my friends never abandoned me for it! :thumbsup:

ontheEdgeof17
11-21-2004, 12:58 PM
What's with the sig? It's HILARIOUS... :laugh:

OMG! This makes my day. Now you see her, now you don't! :laugh: The best sig in months!

GateandGarden
11-21-2004, 11:06 PM
OMG! This makes my day. Now you see her, now you don't! :laugh: The best sig in months!Thanks! I just saw it on "Best Week Ever" and I kept thinking Oh my God, the bitches wouldn't help her up or anything! I'm not sure why it such a profound effect on me, but I just couldn't get over it. :laugh: :shrug:

Hillary

GateandGarden
11-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Wait, where'd my sig go? :confused: It's not even coming up on my screen anymore.

Hillary

seeker007nmss
11-21-2004, 11:19 PM

Welcome Home Janet, We Love you Here! :)

Mageboy25
11-22-2004, 06:21 AM
New Kids was my very 1st concert ever. They opened for Tiffany in 88 lol. It was the Nashville TN show, saw them again the next year same place, Starwood Amplitheater and Tiffany opened for them. Saw them one last time in the summer of 90. Nine years later I saw Jordan Knight open for Nsync at the same amplitheater :).

I saw the Spice Girls in 1998, been to several Nsync and BSB shows, Britney once.

I attend more rock shows though, Fmac, Pat, Heart, Blondie, Go Go's, Cher, Tina etc...

Janet
11-23-2004, 01:20 AM

Hillary

It just hurts to think about it, doesn't it? BTW, what is with that sig? I didn't hear about that? That poor girl ( Michelle)
fell down and Beyonce and Kelly just ignore her? Jesus

Janet
11-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Welcome Home Janet, We Love you Here! :)

THANK YOU! :thumbsup: